Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Stevek

To all who get ripped off by Taste of Disney, I hope its refundable and that you can get a ticket instead for the theme park.
While I feel it was a terrible value, I don't think anyone bought tickets against their will, so hard to say they got ripped off. I wonder how the broadcasters of a certain Disneyland podcast feel after making the decision to fly from the midwest just to attend the Taste event. I certainly could never justify that kinda of spend for a food event but hey, maybe that patreon money is rolling in.

CaptinEO

While I feel it was a terrible value, I don't think anyone bought tickets against their will so hard to say they got ripped off. I wonder how the broadcasters of a certain Disneyland podcast feel after making the decision to fly from the midwest just to attend the Taste event. I certainly could never justify that kinda of spend for a food event but hey, maybe that patreon money is rolling in.
I agree it had a terrible value. But to those that could justify the "value" of this event in their head, its "value" got a whole lot worse, as the actual park is now opening the same month.

Darkbeer1

The OC Register article has been updated to add...

>>Indoor rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, It’s a Small World, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Radiator Springs Racers will open with 15% ride capacity. Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise — which will both undergo renovations to remove negative cultural depictions — were not mentioned among the returning attractions in the Disneyland announcement. Certain rides and attractions and could be unavailable.<<

jrhwdw

>>Indoor rides like Pirates of the Caribbean, It’s a Small World, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Radiator Springs Racers will open with 15% ride capacity. Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise — which will both undergo renovations to remove negative cultural depictions — were not mentioned among the returning attractions in the Disneyland announcement. Certain rides and attractions and could be unavailable.<<
Splash is open at MK right now! No reason it can't come back before PATF unless CA has different COVID rules for Splash???

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member

I wonder if they've done more behind the scenes for both JC and Splash's upcoming updates with Cali being closed as opposed to Orlando being open

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Splash is open at MK right now! No reason it can't come back before PATF unless CA has different COVID rules for Splash???
At DL Splash’s animatronics are 20 years older than the purpose built ones at WDW. This combined with CALOSHA rules makes Splash significantly harder to operate logistically.

And politically the California populace and government is also significantly more virtuous in terms of signaling their woke credentials so from a PR perspective the cost-benefit analysis of keeping the attraction running may be a different business decision altogether.

Just look at the esplenade music for reference.

WillWrambles

In the Parks
No
I wonder if they've done more behind the scenes for both JC and Splash's upcoming updates with Cali being closed as opposed to Orlando being open
I actually wonder that as well. The public hasn’t been inside Disneyland in a long, long time. Who says they didn’t start on these projects already? It would make sense, after all, being able to do the work while not disrupting guest flow.

Old Mouseketeer

So, there won't be cavalcades like what MK has? Not even Bandtastic form 2019?

It may be that there are cavalcades, but not announced in advance. I suspect they will roll out characters and other live performers gradually. Frozen and Magical Map are officially closed. My guess is that we don't see a remount of a parade or Fan! until 2022. Not sure about xmas parade this year.

milordsloth

I'm hoping for crowd levels similar to when I was at WDW when they opened in July last year, that was amazing. I think Disneyland will probably at least feel busier due to the lack of open space in general compared to WDW.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
How do people in Florida keep their masks on from coming off on thrill rides like Everest or Big Thunder Mountain?
Good question, but thinking I would be wearing my N95 masks with two elastic bands that go around head.....they really don't move vs my cloth masks that could likely fly off.....can you imagine picking up those or them interfering with rides? I really wonder what is going on with that.....at WDW.

CaptinEO

Oh hell no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom