Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Purduevian

Interesting tidbit from the D23 article..
If I had to guess, DLR wants to be at 100% of the allowed capacity every day. If the hotel is only 80% booked like 3 days out, they will probably release those extra spots to day guests. If you then book the hotel 2 days out, they may have already sold your spot.

jrhwdw

Yes, character appearances on balconies etc. Similar to what we have seen at WDW.

At Disneyland, guests may see Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse waving from the train station, or Disney Princesses such as Mulan appear at the Royal Theatre to wave and pose at a distance for guests taking selfies. At Disney California Adventure, Pixar pals may wave from the bandshell at Pixar Pier, and guests can share a laugh while taking photos with Mater and Lightning McQueen along Route 66 in Cars Land.
So, there won't be cavalcades like what MK has? Not even Bandtastic form 2019?

Darkbeer1

>>Starting on April 1, California theme parks can reopen at 15% capacity in the red/substantial tier 2, 25% capacity in the orange/moderate tier 3 and 35% capacity in the least-restrictive yellow/minimal tier 4.

Disneyland and DCA will hold “soft opening” dates before April 30 for cast members and members of the local community.

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa will open a day earlier on April 29 with limited capacity. Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel will reopen at a later date. The Disney Vacation Club villas at the Grand Californian will return May 2.

Disneyland will unveil a new theme park reservation system in the next few weeks. A hotel stay will not guarantee a theme park reservation. Visitors planning to stay at the Grand Californian will also need to book theme park reservations in advance. Grand Californian reservations will be available soon.

The reimagined Snow White’s Enchanted Wish and renovated Haunted Mansion dark rides will open with the return of Disneyland. The new Avengers Campus themed land will open at a later date at Disney California Adventure.<<

cmwade77

It kind of makes sense to hold Avengers Campus back until they get their feet under them with new operating models and can increase the capacity thresholds up a couple of ticks from where they’ll be at opening. No reason to open that up when you can’t do a big splashy campaign and push with park capacity limited so much in the early months.
Although opening it would increase park capacity, so there is some give and take there.

jrhwdw

The new Theme/Amusement Parks Blueprint rules from the California Department of Public Health has not been released yet.

It is expected in the next few days.
Forgive me but is Entertainment part of that? Did WDW have to go through that? I don't remember.

Stevek

Im assuming by that date we’d be in the Orange and possibly yellow tier?
I was thinking that as well (as long as we don't mess it up). Really interested in what the price point will be. WDW did not charge a premium from what I can remember but Disneyland certainly could. I hope they don't though, really sends a poor message.

Stevek

Yeah—stupid. I presume they will book from a different basket of reservations, at least (like WDW). Missed opportunity to fill the hotels but maybe they are just playing it safe at first? Push too hard and Sacramento may balk.
Yeah, it's an odd play. I personally wouldn't book a hotel room until I had a ticket...which of course means you're taking a chance at not getting a room (at least at GC). That being said, Disney pretty much already knows there are people that will just book rooms regardless of if they have a ticket just so they can experience some of that over-priced Di$ney Magic!

ToTBellHop

Yeah, it's an odd play. I personally wouldn't book a hotel room until I had a ticket...which of course means you're taking a chance at not getting a room (at least at GC). That being said, Disney pretty much already knows there are people that will just book rooms regardless of if they have a ticket just so they can experience some of that over-priced Di$ney Magic!
It’s easy enough to separate out a chunk of reservations for the hotels or to allow priority booking (either in advance or, if they are booking 30 days in advance, say hotel guests can book for their entire stay at 30 days).

CaptinEO

I'm glad a reopening is finally here. It's been such a long time since I've even been able to think about visiting Disneyland.

The notion has been blocked off in my mind to save myself from being sad thinking about the fact that I couldn't go.

It won't be the same, it may never be the same, but I'm glad I can finally go back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom