Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

SoCalDisneyLover

Once they get enough CMs working they will.
I heard on one of the vlogs that it's possibly an issue with the trams, and it may be quite awhile before they come back.

At this point, hard to believe it's staffing. They could easily hire enough people for the trams if they wanted to. So either they are enjoying taking people's money, and then making them walk to & from the parks, or it's something bigger and more problematic than hiring and training the relatively small # of cast members necessary to staff the trams.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

The trams seriously still aren't running? That's totally unacceptable, come on now.

I'll admit I'm somewhat tempted to purchase this new CA resident 3-day ticket, but if I'm going to give Disney any money, I'd really prefer the full experience. All the Avengers shawarma in the world can't make up for Disneyland closing at 10pm (we can all agree wandering Main Street at midnight is the best, right?).

On that note, anyone know when park hours will be back to normal? (apologies if this has been discussed).

SuddenStorm

The trams seriously still aren't running? That's totally unacceptable, come on now.

I'll admit I'm somewhat tempted to purchase this new CA resident 3-day ticket, but if I'm going to give Disney any money, I'd really prefer the full experience. All the Avengers shawarma in the world can't make up for Disneyland closing at 10pm (we can all agree wandering Main Street at midnight is the best, right?).

On that note, anyone know when park hours will be back to normal? (apologies if this has been discussed).

It doesn't help that it doesn't get dark until like 9pm either. So you really only get an hour or two of Disneyland after dark- which is too bad since Disneyland at night is the best.

That said, the park is remarkably pleasant at night- my guess is without the influx of AP's after work hours, the attendance kind of fizzles out as families get tired and leave.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

That said, the park is remarkably pleasant at night- my guess is without the influx of AP's after work hours, the attendance kind of fizzles out as families get tired and leave.

Oh? Hadn't considered this. Has attendance been consistently lighter in the evenings? I wonder if that would make up for missing out on Disneyland after dark.

Curious Constance

I've had three disheartening things announced in a row that has made me a bit sad for our trip next month.

1. Haunted Mansion CLOSED THE ENTIRE TIME.
2. Walls around the lagoon the entire time. Gazing out in the lagoon is something I do and enjoy each trip. I could careless about the subs themselves being down though.
3. Even the HINT or POSSIBILITY of future fee per person, per ride Fastpass is enough to emit smoke from my ears. I don't imagine it'll be here at Disneyland that quick but still.

I'm ready for more good news announcements now, Disney!

Goofy's Kitchen opening with easy to obtain reservations (I can dream) would be nice since we've went there each trip so far which was back in 2006.
Monorail opening back up would be cool.
Unseasonably cool August temperatures would be great, Disney, if you can work that out somehow. Even if Robert Iger himself has to walk around misting me and my family all day with cool water and air.
Special announcement guaranteeing anyone who spent money on airfare, 5 day park tickets, hotels, food, etc would be guaranteed a ride on the newest, most sought after attractions without having to work yourself into a panic induced frenzy on the app at breakfast and lunch time every day.
Kissing booths. (Marvel only please)
Contact me direct for more ideas, Disney.

fctiger

I've had three disheartening things announced in a row that has made me a bit sad for our trip next month.

1. Haunted Mansion CLOSED THE ENTIRE TIME.
2. Walls around the lagoon the entire time. Gazing out in the lagoon is something I do and enjoy each trip. I could careless about the subs themselves being down though.
3. Even the HINT or POSSIBILITY of future fee per person, per ride Fastpass is enough to emit smoke from my ears. I don't imagine it'll be here at Disneyland that quick but still.

We were originally going the same time you were until the discount ticket came around and now we're going this weekend for the birthday. I bring it up because the HM is my girlfriend's favorite ride and it would've been disappointing to go next month and not ride it. We are still going in August actually and will go for those two days but I'm VERY happy now we will go this weekend to ride that once this year at least.

Sucks about the walls too. I guess these days they don't distinguish between high or low season at the moment but it seem like that could've waited until September.

SoCalDisneyLover

Monorail opening back up would be cool.
Unseasonably cool August temperatures would be great, Disney, if you can work that out somehow. Even if Robert Iger himself has to walk around misting me and my family all day with cool water and air.
I doubt the monorail will return until at least September, perhaps October. Likely more having to do with the fact it has no air conditioning, and they've already shut it down during the summer in the past. I think on occasion, they've opened it later in the day, but I'm not certain. Regardless, I can't see them bothering to open it now, and the lingering impact of Covid gives them even less reason, and a ready excuse if necessary. But mainly it's the fact they can save the cost of running it during the hot summer months, when it might make some uncomfortable.

Besides, people apparently are still willing to pay the top price to stay at DL Hotel, when one of the main benefits of staying there, has been taken away.

SplashGhost

If they are spending money on refurbishing the subs, that means they won't be gone anytime soon. It is arguably the worst ride in all of Disneyland, and Tomorrowland is in desperate need of an update. I guess this also means the Tomorrowland update is still several years away from happening, or else the Subs/Autopia is in phase 2 of that update.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom