• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

el_super

It's very possible that the time period starting with 6/15 and lasting for a couple weeks will be the best time to visit, assuming Disney has not already increased park capacity starting 6/15.

I agree. There seems to be this false assumption that restrictions are the only thing holding back attendance. There are still a lot of people holding off on travel, and even those that do want to travel may book now for a trip six to twelve months in the future. International travel is also still on hold. Recovery will be slow and take months longer to achieve, so attendance wont immediately snap back on June 15th.

I wonder what Disney does.

Social distancing restrictions will end on June 15th, but still no word on masks. Probably waiting for buy-in from the labor unions.

Due to the above issues regarding attendance though, it may still be some time before entertainment and park hours are adjusted.

Curious Constance

It's very possible that the time period starting with 6/15 and lasting for a couple weeks will be the best time to visit, assuming Disney has not already increased park capacity starting 6/15. Folks might get the benefit of no more masks and will also now be able to eat anywhere and utilize indoor queues. Could be glorious.
They already added more June capacity the other day. But no distancing, indoor queues, no Fastpass, No APs, and fully loading ride vehicles should make it better than pre-pandemic I would imagine.
Everyone there is paying full price. Can’t be worse than when APs ran the place I doubt.

mickEblu

It's very possible that the time period starting with 6/15 and lasting for a couple weeks will be the best time to visit, assuming Disney has not already increased park capacity starting 6/15. Folks might get the benefit of no more masks and will also now be able to eat anywhere and utilize indoor queues. Could be glorious.

I was thinking the same thing. 6/15 through the end of June could be a great time to go. No masks outdoors and they re not going to jump to full capacity over night yet will have much higher ride and restaurant capacity. I’m short, makes me feel really stupid for going this Saturday. Not like it matters as the rest of June is pretty much sold out.

Curious Constance

From MiceAge Tweet:

“Meanwhile, the state of California removes nearly all restrictions on the 15th as well for vaccinated individuals – However, there has been no word if Disneyland will bring itself in alignment with the Walt Disney World standard. Though, we do find it interesting that Walt Disney World will only be requiring masks on their transportation systems, which is a California mandate and not a Florida one. “

SoCalDisneyLover

Since they're going to lift all the restrictions, I wish they would at least be honest and leave out the "vaccinated" part.

"California removes nearly all restrictions for vaccinated individuals."

If you think that those who refuse to get vaccinated or are not yet fully vaccinated, and I'm sure there are some right here on this board, are going to continue wearing masks just because they're not vaccinated, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Animaniac93-98

As of now, the following (at least) are planned for around June 15:

Golden Zephyr
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Davy Crockett’s Explorer Canoes
Rafts to Tom Sawyer Island (and Pirates Lair)

Good to know. These are the ones I'm specifically waiting for:

Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough
Mr Lincoln
Monorail
Submarine Voyage
Columbia

The Hitchhiker

From MiceAge Tweet:

“Meanwhile, the state of California removes nearly all restrictions on the 15th as well for vaccinated individuals – However, there has been no word if Disneyland will bring itself in alignment with the Walt Disney World standard. Though, we do find it interesting that Walt Disney World will only be requiring masks on their transportation systems, which is a California mandate and not a Florida one. “
Good to know. These are the ones I'm specifically waiting for:

Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough
Mr Lincoln
Monorail
Submarine Voyage
Columbia
Would be amusing if the Disneyland Railroad required masks because it's transportation but the Submarines didn't because they're just a ride.

Newtwo

Since they're going to lift all the restrictions, I wish they would at least be honest and leave out the "vaccinated" part.

"California removes nearly all restrictions for vaccinated individuals."

If you think that those who refuse to get vaccinated or are not yet fully vaccinated, and I'm sure there are some right here on this board, are going to continue wearing masks just because they're not vaccinated, I've got a bridge to sell you.
As someone who volunteered back in early March to get my vaccine......why should I care if they are vaccinated and not wearing a mask at this point?

It's their own decision. If they get sick, they get sick. The hospitals will not be overwhelmed.

If they were to "infect" me with COVID, there is a 99% chance I will be asymptomatic according to CDC data.

Every person in the USA besides small children have had plenty of time to get fully vaccinated.

Those who are not yet eligible stand a fraction of a percent chance of ending up in the hospital with COVID according to the CDC.

Tamandua

As someone who volunteered back in early March to get my vaccine......why should I care if they are vaccinated and not wearing a mask at this point?

It's their own decision. If they get sick, they get sick. The hospitals will not be overwhelmed.

Every person in the USA besides small children have had plenty of time to get fully vaccinated.

Those who are not yet eligible stand a fraction of a percent chance of ending up in the hospital with COVID according to the CDC.
Don't you know that the LUP (League of Unvaccinated Persons) is planning an attack on Disneyland on June 15th? They are planning on infecting the air with their unvaccinated breath. Many Bothans died to bring us this information...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom