Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

Californian Elitist

I had neighbors who were anti vax. They home schooled their kids. When one son turned 18 he joined the Coast Guard. He got, I think, 27 vaccinations over 2 days. He was real happy with his parents.
Is that even safe? That sounds very dangerous.

Anti-vaxxers don’t think long-term. At some point, their kids will have to be vaccinated. Sorry to hear your neighbor was forced to get so many in such a short period.

Curious Constance

Is that even safe? That sounds very dangerous.

Anti-vaxxers don’t think long-term. At some point, their kids will have to be vaccinated. Sorry to hear your neighbor was forced to get so many in such a short period.
You’re exactly right. Most likely will need to be vaccinated at some point anyway and up until then they’re risking the lives of their children and others needlessly. Makes my blood boil.

Californian Elitist

You’re exactly right. Most likely will need to be vaccinated at some point anyway and up until then they’re risking the lives of their children and others needlessly. Makes my blood boil.
I’ve only met one anti-vaxxer in my life and she definitely annoys me and is insufferable. Two of her three children are on the spectrum and she believes vaccines are the issue. What’s interesting though is that none of her children have been vaccinated, so her logic makes no sense, unless she believe her own vaccinations caused her children to be born with autism. I don’t know, but she’s definitely ridiculous.

Curious Constance

I’ve only met one anti-vaxxer in my life and she definitely annoys me and is insufferable. Two of her three children are on the spectrum and she believes vaccines are the issue. What’s interesting though is that none of her children have been vaccinated, so her logic makes no sense, unless she believe her own vaccinations caused her children to be born with autism. I don’t know, but she’s definitely ridiculous.
I’ve met a few. I remember one time at work a girl was telling me that a doctor tried to get her 11 year old son to get the HPV vaccine and she couldn’t believe it because “as if her 11 year old was sexually active.” So now he has a higher risk of various cancers and of spreading the virus to girls that can get cervical cancer from the virus. 😡

Californian Elitist

I’ve met a few. I remember one time at work a girl was telling me that a doctor tried to get her 11 year old son to get the HPV vaccine and she couldn’t believe it because “as if her 11 year old was sexually active.” So now he has a higher risk of various cancers and of spreading the virus to girls that can get cervical cancer from the virus. 😡
The thing is even those who’ve never been sexually active can get HPV. The vaccine is there to help protect against the bad strains of HPV. That’s all.

Yikes.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
There's a difference between being an antivaxxer and not wanting an experimental vaccine only approved for emergency use for a virus with a 99.9% survival rate.
I hate when people say this. The COVID vaccine was not experimental it’s based on the SARS and MERS vaccines which had been in various stages of development and trials for close to 20 years. They used those two vaccines as the basis because they come from the same family of virus. The only thing even close to “new” that was used was the mRNA technology because it just hadn’t been approved before by the FDA for a vaccine. But that too was also being developed for over a decade. None of this was really “new” and experimental.

DrAlice

I hate when people say this. The COVID vaccine was not experimental it’s based on the SARS and MERS vaccines which had been in various stages of development and trials for close to 20 years. They used those two vaccines as the basis because they come from the same family of virus. The only thing even close to “new” that was used was the mRNA technology because it just hadn’t been approved before by the FDA for a vaccine. But that too was also being developed for over a decade. None of this was really “new” and experimental.
Thank you for saving me from typing all this. 😘

Curious Constance

The thing is even those who’ve never been sexually active can get HPV. The vaccine is there to help protect against the bad strains of HPV. That’s all.

Yikes.
Exactly. Just kissing can pass the virus. I don’t get why parents can intentionally harm their kids without consequence. It’s not much different than a parent who would purposely withhold medical treatment for a child who needed it.

Tamandua

The truth is that none of the covid vaccines have been approved by the FDA except for "emergency use." Requiring a vaccine that doesn't even have final FDA approval is criminal.

Emmanuel

I have no problem flashing my vaccination card. But I also doubt Disney will require that.

I doubt any of the parks will do this. Especially since there are people that are making or have in their possession counterfeit vaccine cards which is illegal.

In any case, even if one does require vaccination proof, the article does say that the state will give the businesses that will do this a way to verify it electronically

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The truth is that none of the covid vaccines have been approved by the FDA except for "emergency use." Requiring a vaccine that doesn't even have final FDA approval is criminal.
The only reason the SARS and MERS vaccines never got full FDA approval wasn't because they weren't successful, but rather because both those viruses burned out quickly. But the technology behind those vaccines continued on for decades because the COVID family of viruses were expected to rise, this allowed us to be ahead of the game when COVID19 hit. We basically used what was learned during SARS and MERS and applied it to COVID19 since COVID19 is really SARS-COV-2, a very close virus to the original SARS virus from 2003. That is why it wasn't experimental, nor was it "new".

Also the FDA is expected to give full approval for both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines very shortly. I suspect a lot of the hold outs will get it once that is done.

Tamandua

The only reason the SARS and MERS vaccines never got full FDA approval wasn't because they weren't successful, but rather because both those viruses burned out quickly. But the technology behind those vaccines continued on for decades because the COVID family of viruses were expected to rise, this allowed us to be ahead of the game when COVID19 hit. We basically used what was learned during SARS and MERS and applied it to COVID19 since COVID19 is really SARS-COV-2, a very close virus to the original SARS virus from 2003. That is why it wasn't experimental, nor was it "new".

Also the FDA is expected to give full approval for both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines very shortly. I suspect a lot of the hold outs will get it once that is done.
Tell you what... I'll get the vaccine when the drug companies are once again held liable for any major harm or death resulting from the vaccine. What concerns me more than anything right now is that there is zero liability.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom