Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

DrAlice

I really had trouble with the mask yesterday. Masks + higher temps + socially distanced lines out in the hot sun = I got really overheated. It really sucked. We had to take quite a long break, and with the stupid mobile ordering only complication, it was hard to even get something cold to drink (PLUS, my mobile order stopped working on my app. The corn dog cart never cleared my order, and I think that confused it.).

I hope for the sake of those of you going later this summer that at the very least the socially distanced queues go away. That way you can use the air conditioned spaces (think Space Mountain!) and then mask mandates won't be so bad. I could see Disney requiring masks indoors only. That would be totally manageable.

Also, the morning entry madness needs to die a slow, horrible death. Each of the 3 days we got to the Harbor entrance between 7:15 and 7:45am. Once they finally start letting people through security (around 8am), the line starts moving quickly, but is so long it takes about 30 min. to an hour to walk through. If you get there earlier, the walk through is shorter, but you spend more time standing there in the sun (with no bathroom!). If you get there later, you have a longer walk in line. And is anyone socially distanced? Nope. So..... they are creating crowding in the bus area to prevent crowding in the esplanade. It makes no sense. Let people come in and shop in DT disney, get coffee, etc. They will be more spread out, spend some money, and have access to the bathrooms.

The morning that we waited there for about 45 minutes drinking our morning tea and coffee, to be let in and find out that the bathroom was closed for cleaning (I really almost didn't make it to the Main Street bathroom!!), all I could think of was @TP2000 reminding everyone that there is an executive in charge of guest entry experience. 🤨

Curious Constance

I really had trouble with the mask yesterday. Masks + higher temps + socially distanced lines out in the hot sun = I got really overheated. It really sucked. We had to take quite a long break, and with the stupid mobile ordering only complication, it was hard to even get something cold to drink (PLUS, my mobile order stopped working on my app. The corn dog cart never cleared my order, and I think that confused it.).

I hope for the sake of those of you going later this summer that at the very least the socially distanced queues go away. That way you can use the air conditioned spaces (think Space Mountain!) and then mask mandates won't be so bad. I could see Disney requiring masks indoors only. That would be totally manageable.

Also, the morning entry madness needs to die a slow, horrible death. Each of the 3 days we got to the Harbor entrance between 7:15 and 7:45am. Once they finally start letting people through security (around 8am), the line starts moving quickly, but is so long it takes about 30 min. to an hour to walk through. If you get there earlier, the walk through is shorter, but you spend more time standing there in the sun (with no bathroom!). If you get there later, you have a longer walk in line. And is anyone socially distanced? Nope. So..... they are creating crowding in the bus area to prevent crowding in the esplanade. It makes no sense. Let people come in and shop in DT disney, get coffee, etc. They will be more spread out, spend some money, and have access to the bathrooms.

The morning that we waited there for about 45 minutes drinking our morning tea and coffee, to be let in and find out that the bathroom was closed for cleaning (I really almost didn't make it to the Main Street bathroom!!), all I could think of was @TP2000 reminding everyone that there is an executive in charge of guest entry experience. 🤨
I can’t believe you experienced that coming from Harbor. I don’t know if I could deal with that! So the parks didn’t open until 9 and you had to get in line on Harbor at 715!!!? That sounds awful. 😐

CaptinEO

All those "park at a hotel to get faster entry" things stopped being valuable after the first 2 weeks. All the stories I've read on here say how Harbor is a mess.

One may 15 I tried calling the hotels (at 7am) and they didnt offer public parking anymore. With increased capacity I doubt any of them do.
Sweet! Thank you. Might be going tomorrow and was wondering if I should park at a hotel on Harbor.

mickEblu

All those "park at a hotel to get faster entry" things stopped being valuable after the first 2 weeks. All the stories I've read on here say how Harbor is a mess.

One may 15 I tried calling the hotels (at 7am) and they didnt offer public parking anymore. With increased capacity I doubt any of them do.

Makes sense. All I have been hearing is that Harbor is a mess. Haven’t really heard much about Mickey and Friends since the first week or two after the park opened.

DrAlice

I can’t believe you experienced that coming from Harbor. I don’t know if I could deal with that! So the parks didn’t open until 9 and you had to get in line on Harbor at 715!!!? That sounds awful. 😐
The official opening is 9am, but they were letting us in before that. I was in both parks by 830am, and rides were open. I'm not sure what time they actually opened the gates.

DrAlice

Yup. The only signs I saw said "parking lot full".

Curious Constance

But if they made the park entry experience better for everyone, there'd be less of an incentive to spend $700-$1,000/night to stay at Grand Californian!
Only so many rooms at that place though and that still leaves thousands of unhappy people. Hopefully after they stop limiting the people in the esplanade, it’ll go back to being business as normal to get into the parks.

Californian Elitist

Someone should tell Disneyland, and especially that arrival experience person, that one easy way to get more money spent is to make the park entry experience...as easy, seamless, and efficient as possible. Which makes people less irritable...which means they are more likely to eagerly open their wallets and SPEND!

Not sure why that's so hard.
Exactly. I’ve been reading about the experiences of some of the folks here and what I’ve been reading has been encouraging me to stay away for now. I was already disinterested in having to social distance and wear masks at Disneyland, but I was willing to make an exception for my little sister’s birthday in July. Not anymore. It’s not just the entry process, but a few other things as well that I’ve read that’s keeping me away.

It helps that I’m not in a rush to get back and not very desperate for a visit. I’m not about to spend money for Disneyland the way it currently is. If I’m going to spend money, I want my experience to be enjoyable.

Newtwo

Gov. Newsom: A vaccination verification system is coming ‘very shortly’

As a vaccinated individual I will not be doing any business at a store or venue that requires me to show my vaccine status.

99.99% chance Disneyland does not uses this.

Tamandua

Gov. Newsom: A vaccination verification system is coming ‘very shortly’

As a vaccinated individual I will not be doing any business at a store or venue that requires me to show my vaccine status.

99.99% chance Disneyland does not uses this.
Our family will also do zero business with any business that requires a vaccine. This is a red line we will not cross. Some of us are vaccinated. We're not antivaxxers in general, but this is ridiculous.

Californian Elitist

I’m assuming you plan on homeschooling your kids? And you won’t be sending them to daycare?
I always wonder about anti-vaxxers who refuse to get their kids vaccinated… What’s going to happen when they go to college and will be required to provide medical records of vaccinations? I guess that that point (if they’re 18), they’ll be free to do whatever they want and can get vaccinated, but I’ve always thought about that.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I always wonder about anti-vaxxers who refuse to get their kids vaccinated… What’s going to happen when they go to college and will be required to provide medical records of vaccinations? I guess that that point (if they’re 18), they’ll be free to do whatever they want and can get vaccinated, but I’ve always thought about that.
I had neighbors who were anti vax. They home schooled their kids. When one son turned 18 he joined the Coast Guard. He got, I think, 27 vaccinations over 2 days. He was real happy with his parents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom