Disneyland Music CD Box Set

IDreamOfDisney

Original Poster
Got my CD set today. It looks fantastic. I was just wondering if the bottom item is actualy a LP or is it a CD? Also my number was 1957. Who got 1955?

Going home real soon....

Jay

Woody13

IDreamOfDisney said:
Got my CD set today. It looks fantastic. I was just wondering if the bottom item is actualy a LP or is it a CD? Also my number was 1957. Who got 1955?

Going home real soon....

Jay
I think it's an LP. I haven't seen too many CD players that would play a 12 inch disk.

Micca

Woody I've got the 8000 too! I upgraded the stylus though. However, I am thinking of leaving my gold vinyl sealed and picking up the cd version.

Woody13

Micca said:
Woody I've got the 8000 too! I upgraded the stylus though. However, I am thinking of leaving my gold vinyl sealed and picking up the cd version.
Me too!:D I wouldn't dare to play the LP. I was thinking of having it framed. Have you found a good price on the CD version? The best I've found so far is from Main Street Megastore and they want $35.00!:eek:
Nice to run into an audiofile here.:wave:

Micca

I sure wouldn't pay $35. Can't we order it via Wonderland Music at DLR? They really stick you for the postage, but it still wouldn't be $35. Nice to run into another B&O owner. I got mine in 1983 and have never regretted it :)

Woody13

Micca said:
I sure wouldn't pay $35. Can't we order it via Wonderland Music at DLR? They really stick you for the postage, but it still wouldn't be $35. Nice to run into another B&O owner. I got mine in 1983 and have never regretted it :)
Yes, we need to look around and find a better price. Let me do a little research and see what I can find and/or maybe someone will see our posts and know of a better deal. I'll get back to you via PM when I find something.

I got my B&O whenever they first came out. 1983 sounds about right. What cartridge upgrade did you make? I have a "ton" of old LP's. The Beogram 8000 is still the best.:wave:

Micca

Yikes, my upgrade was to the 20 CL! It's been so long I couldn't remember the model number. I only remembered that after 7 or 8 years I purchased an upgrade from what came with the table. As I recall it was around $500 and this would have been in the early 90's. I own TONS of vinyl, but hardly ever listen to it so my stylus still doesn't have a lot of miles on it.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Now back to the serious discussion of Disney. :)

Figment1986

I got number 2798 last week at the "Art of Disney" in Down Town Disney at WDW...

I opened to see it.. I don't know what I will be doping with it... maybe Framing it.. or just keeping it in the box and stashing it away....

SirNim

The thing I find ironic about the Musical History of Disneyland set (I'm importing it into iTunes right now!)... If you look on the bottom of any of the 6 CDs you will see a little holographic logo of a music company none other than... Universal! The "globe" logo and everything! It's a little ironic, a little funny... :lol:

prberk

SirNim said:
The thing I find ironic about the Musical History of Disneyland set (I'm importing it into iTunes right now!)... If you look on the bottom of any of the 6 CDs you will see a little holographic logo of a music company none other than... Universal! The "globe" logo and everything! It's a little ironic, a little funny... :lol:

Wow! That's weird. Disney almost NEVER subs out their soundtracks to other record companies. Hmmm..

As for the record player: I still have one, too. And I do like to pull out a vinyl record every now and then and play it on my Technics turntable! There is a difference. Usually the sound is "warmer" and the deep, rich bass tones and high-end treble tones are fuller than from a CD, which can sound compressed on the ends of the spectrum, in my humble opinion. Of course, for clarity and purity of the mid-tones (most things), CD is the winner, hands down. But I still like the sound of putting that needle down onto the track and anticipating the song as it passes all the other scratch sounds that you have put there.

Anyone else spend some part of their youth trying to perfect the art of finding the beginning of the song in the middle of an LP?! A real sense of accomplishment was when you didn't plop in on the end of the last song, but you also didn't miss the intro of the song you wanted!!! :) :lol:

Ah, vinyl...

RU42

Woody13 said:
Me too!:D I wouldn't dare to play the LP. I was thinking of having it framed. Have you found a good price on the CD version? The best I've found so far is from Main Street Megastore and they want $35.00!:eek:
Nice to run into an audiofile here.:wave:

Don't buy from MSM - I have never heard a positive result from them. I am probably headed to DLR on Monday - at least that is my plan for now. I could pick one up for you; I just ask to have my costs covered; purchase, tax, shipping/materials etc.

And this doesn't just apply to Woody or this CD. I am there once a week or more; I am happy to pick up things from time to time.

RU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom