Disneyland Maine: Revitalized

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
As most of you guys may know, one of my biggest inspirations for most of my Armchair Imagineering projects has always been the ever-impressive Dream Resorts of @MANEATINGWREATH. And just a few days ago, he introduced us to the final draft of this years-long dream. And so, in honor of this momentous occasion, I'd like to revitalize my own dream resort: Disneyland Maine.

In the time I've had since I last updated my original Disneyland Maine thread, I've had second thoughts about a few things. I didn't like the way some things turned out. So, I've decided to revive this concept for a relatively new day and age. So, if you're ready, just press play on the video below and let the magic begin!

===========================================================================

There is a place where where amazing things happen just to put a smile on the face of a child...

Where skies sparkle in moments of wonder that get to live forever as your memories...

A place where brothers and sisters actually get along, and families get to experience that rare delight of simply being family...

There is a place where magic lives...

disneyland-maine-png.232569

A Dream Resort by DisneyManOne

~ ~ ~

Inspired by Disney's Land of Dreams by @MANEATINGWREATH, various other Imagineering projects on the forum, the works of Ideal Buildout and Imagineerland, various Disney vacation planning videos, and lots of other things

~ ~ ~
Introduction

If you’ve ever had a dream, and had that dream come true, then you probably know a little something about the magic of Disneyland. Perhaps the most audacious experiment in a career filled with audacious experiments, Walt Disney built this "happy place" in the hopes that it would create a whole new form of family entertainment. “Disneyland really began,” Walt said, “when my two daughters were very young. Saturday was always ‘Daddy’s Day’ and I would take them to the merry-go-round and sit on a bench eating peanuts while they rode. And sitting there, alone, I felt that there should be something built, some kind of a family park where parents and children could have fun together.

And on July 17th, 1955, Disneyland opened its gates to the world, and welcomed its people into a place like any other amusement park. Disneyland was never meant to be just another "county fair" or traditional amusement park. Instead, guests found themselves immersed into a land of three-dimensional fantasy. It was - and remains - a place where the world of today was left in favor of yesterday and tomorrow, fantasy and adventure.

result-1-15.jpg

Since then, Walt’s Disneyland has grown into an entire family of parks and resorts worldwide. Following in Disneyland's footsteps were Walt Disney World in Florida, Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disneyland, Shanghai Disneyland, and now the newest addition to the Disney Parks family: Disneyland Maine. What was once an 180 acre orange grove in Anaheim, California has become the “happiest legacy on earth.”

Presented here for your enjoyment is a full tour of this resort. I invite you to come along with me as we explore every inch and every detail of this wonderful realm of my imagination--not just the theme parks, but the surrounding areas and resorts. Four distinct areas set about one mighty lagoon. Our adventure will begin in my next post. So sit back, relax, and let your imagination run wild. As Walt famously said on Disneyland's opening day, “To all who come to this happy place, welcome.”

Stay tuned, everyone, because in our first post, our journey through Disneyland Maine will begin! Although, it won't begin where you'd expect to begin...

Until then, please feel free to leave any feedback and initial thoughts if you have any!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Let us continue our grand tour of Disneyland Maine.

Transportation & Ticket Center and Disney Square

Imagine, my friends... We have been driving for what seems like an eternity, on a quest to reach the newest member of the Disney Parks family. Our field of vision is filled with nothing but trees and the road ahead. But then, as if by some great miracle, we see it before us, gradually getting closer and closer...the main entrance!

toll-plaza-2.jpg

A glorious entrance gate, painted gold. Atop the gate is a glorious depiction of Maine's mountains, painted in deep shades of blue and white. Before these mountains is a golden castle and the words "Disneyland Maine". This entrance gate also doubles as the toll booth for the immense parking lot. Like with the Paris and Californian Disneylands, everything in Disneyland Maine is easily accessed, because they're all within short walking distance of each other. There are four different lanes you can go through to pay the toll, and each lane is marked on the gate by a different group photo. Lane 1 has Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Pluto; Lane 2 has Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore; Lane 3 has Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Belle and Ariel; and Lane 4 has Woody, Buzz and Jessie.

Pasted-image-at-2016_03_14-04_00-PM.png

Once past the entrance gate/toll booth, you find yourself in the immense parking lot, which makes up the bulk of the southern quadrant of the Disneyland Maine Resort, the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC). The parking lot is about the same size as that of the Magic Kingdom's parking lot in Florida, and is divided into two distinct lots: the Mickey & Friends Lot and the Seven Dwarfs Lot. Each lot has its seven sections to it. The Mickey & Friends Lot has sections named after Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto and Chip 'n' Dale; and the Seven Dwarfs Lot has, of course, Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezy and Dopey. Just be sure to remember where you parked!

Now, there are two methods of getting to the main meat of the resort. We can either walk from the parking lot, or we could take the Disneyland Monorail.

monorail-magic-kingdom.jpg

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas."

The Disneyland Monorail provides a simple, sophisticated method for transportation throughout the resort. This elevated highway, once thought to be that of science-fiction, can accommodate all guests, sans the few who wish to explore by foot. It makes stops at all the major locations in the resort, and also services the two lots.

8089333091_6f5021b393_b.jpg

Opting to walk, we head towards the Main Gate, a beautiful brick building that serves as our portal into Disneyland Maine. It's a beautiful design of brick and marble, and the Monorail goes through it and back as part of its route. Flanking the Main Gate on either side are the Ticket Centers, a place where you can purchase tickets and Annual Passes.

29423064184_1b846f0238_b.jpg

Standing before us is Disney Square, the Main Hub of the Disneyland Maine Resort. Here in Disney Square, we are able to get to any place without any hassle. Sweeping, orchestral renditions of classic Disney songs fill the air, most of them coming from the excellent Disney's Orchestra Collection series, which you can hear in full in the video above. Lush gardens, fountains and trees set an inspired threshold to this magic land. Beyond it, a living showplace of beauty and magic filled with the accomplishments, joys and hopes of the world.

Once through the main gate, our focus is pulled towards the Seven Seas Lagoon, a 100-acre lake in the dead center of the resort. Standing before this mighty lagoon, a bronze statue of Sorcerer Mickey conducts the colored waters of the Fantasia Fountain, an ornate “compass” of sorts. With its marching broomsticks and jumping fountains, the four cardinal points of the Fantasia Fountain direct us toward the resort’s varied points of interest. To the north, Disneyland Park. To the south, the Transportation & Ticket Center. To the west, the Buena Vista Marketplace and the Disneyland Hotel. And to the east, Disney's Hollywoodland, the second park of the resort.

world-of-disney-disneyland-paris-6.jpg

Built as winged extensions to the Main Gate are two guest services. Making up the left wing is Disney Square Imports, a gift shop selling all matter of merchandise and necessities. If you forgot to bring something with you, or if you'd like to pick up a last-minute gift for a loved one, this is the place to do it! Disney Square Imports is designed and decorated with crates and suitcases--the latest "imports" to arrive. In this circular gift shop, the walls are decorated with exotic locales as seen in the Disney movies, done similarly to the artwork at the World of Disney store in Disneyland Paris.

Making up the right wing is the Village Market, a restaurant/bistro that usually opens about an hour and a half prior to park openings. This is a good place to go if you want to get breakfast in before you head to one of our parks for a day of fun. Coffee, pastries, eggs and bacon are on the list; and during the day, salads, fruit, sandwiches and desserts are provided for lunch and dinner. Both Disney Square Imports and the Village Market are built in such a way that they can be accessed from both sides of the Main Gate.

Where better to begin our adventures inside this incredible new resort than with its "crown jewel"...

Disneyland Park

If there's one thing that Disneyland prides itself over, it's the fact that everything is a form of storytelling. We, the audience, will physically experience one adventure after another, seldom as spectators, but almost always as “participants” in the drama. In contrast to the county fair or carnival known the world over, Disneyland is a seamless, thematic epic. The harmonic blend of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy act in compliment of the wild animals, alien creatures, and storybook castles beyond the front gate.

2819446176_28c6bf3b37_b.jpg

Once through the ornate turnstiles, we glimpse the sight of a a turn-of-the-century train station, fronted by a beautiful flower bed, complete with a floral depiction of Mickey Mouse's smiling face right in the middle. Suddenly, we hear the familiar call of a steam whistle. A beautiful steam engine chuffs its way along the track, halting with a hiss. The beauty and grandeur of steam travel is captured in the romance and excitement of the Disneyland Railroad, a grand-circle tour of this new Magic Kingdom.

From aboard the Disneyland Railroad, we view the many sights and sounds along the rails, giving us a sneak peek at the six cardinal realms of Disneyland:

Main Street, U.S.A.
"Here is America at the turn-of-the-century, looking towards the promise of a future full of promise, discovery and liberty. For those of us who remember the carefree time it recreates, Main Street will bring back happy memories. For younger visitors, it is an adventure in turning back the calendar to the days of grandfather's youth."

Adventureland
"Here is adventure. Here is romance. Here is mystery. Tropical rivers - silently flowing into the unknown. Windswept tales of danger on the Seven Seas… Temples containing both treasure and curse... The unbelievable splendor of exotic flowers… The eerie sound of the jungle - with eyes that are always watching… This is Adventureland."

Frontierland
"Here is the story of our country's past. The Wild West is reborn in this cinematic portrayal of the American Frontier. The mythos of Pecos Bill and Davy Crockett establish the colorful drama and adventure of the Old West in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stage coach. Frontierland is a tribute to the faith, courage and ingenuity of the pioneers who blazed the trails across America."

Fantasyland
"Here is the world of imagination, hopes and dreams. In this timeless land of enchantment the age of chivalry, magic and make-believe are reborn and fairy tales come true. Fantasyland is dedicated to the young and the young at heart, to those who believe that when you wish upon a star your dreams do come true."

Discoveryland
"Here is a seamless combination of fantasy, history, magic, and science fiction, a lasting tribute and testament to the age of inventors, dreamers, and philosophers. This is a land where reaching for the stars isn't just encouraged, but required. This is a realm that the likes of Jules Verne or H.G. Wells would like to call home; where time travel and journeys to the center of the Earth happen every day. This is purely and wholly a realm of discovery."

Tomorrowland
"Here is the future that ‘never was’ - or could be. The past, present and future coexist among the kinetic towers, soaring spacecraft, and alien creatures of this galactic starport. Tomorrowland celebrates man’s quest through time to realize his fondest hopes and dreams for the future. Here, imagination gives birth to innovation. Here, 'what man can conceive, man can achieve.'"

All the things we see are pointed out to us by a heard-but-not-seen old-timer, who fully embodies the traveling vagabond "everywhere-I-hang-my-hat-is-home" spirit. Although the train takes us past wonders we'll see once we get inside the park, there are two places we can only visit by taking the train. A trip along the banks of the muddy Mississippi transitions into a relaxed journey along the rim of the Grand Canyon.

DSC_6647.jpg

A glimpse at one of the world’s longest dioramas, the Grand Canyon provides a panoramic recreation of the flora and fauna of Arizona’s Great Abyss. To the sweeping strains of Ferde Grofé’s “Grand Canyon Suite,” curious wildlife examine our train in hesitant caution. A freak thunderstorm illuminates the promise of a vibrant rainbow, while a proud flock of mountain goats look on. But of course, it wasn’t always this way…

pwp101328LARGE.jpg

This is the world that once was; a world that trembles beneath giant feet. Strange and hulking creatures, that we have since come to know as the dinosaurs, thrive among the dense jungles and deserts. The Brontosaurus graze amidst the stagnant waters. A pair of Triceratops watch as their young hatch. Amid a volcanic background, a Tyrannosaurus rex corners a Stegosaurus, poised to close-in on its smaller foe. This is the dramatic stage that sets the fantastic Primeval World, a kingdom lost to time itself.

Excitement mounting, we pass underneath the train station through one of two tunnels located on either side of the flower bed. A plaque above each tunnel bears the inspired phrase “Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy.” An iconic attribute to any Magic Kingdom, posters line the tunnel walls, offering a taste of the coming attractions and adventures.

Well, that was exciting, wasn't it? Stay tuned, because in the next post, we'll step foot onto Main Street, U.S.A., and our Disneyland adventure will truly begin!

Oh, and by the way, I know some people would think that a Hollywood-based park has been done before, but I chose to do so because I want my Disneyland to remain a tribute to the original Disneyland in California, hence why I'm using the original five lands of Disneyland, as well as Discoveryland. But despite this, I still want Marvel and Star Wars to play a part in this resort somehow, so I intend to use the same concept as I use for my plans regarding Disney's Hollywood Studios: The front half represents Hollywood in its Golden Age, but once you get past the major theater icon (I'm debating on whether to use the Chinese or the Carthay Circle), you become immersed in the world of the movies.

Also, has it ever occured to some people that Fantasyland gets two entrances from the Hub while the other lands of the park get one? That's why I added Discoveryland, so that each land gets one entrance from the Hub. Here, the only way to get to Fantasyland will be through the castle.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Main Street, U.S.A.

What was America like at the turn-of-the-century? Perhaps it was something like this recreation of everyone’s hometown. The sights and sounds of fun nostalgia are everywhere...and I do mean everywhere. There’s a friendly greeting at the old City Hall. The measured pace of the horse-drawn streetcar as it trots up and down the street. And then there’s the hiss of live steam as a vintage locomotive pulls into Main Street Station. Dozens of happy guests walk up and down the street, chatting happily, or not-so-happily, amongst themselves as they pop in-and-out of the various shops and restaurants nestled along the sides of the pavement. Main Street is the essence of hometown America at the dawn of the twentieth-century. The scent of freshly baked cakes and candies and the twinkling pin lights outlining the gingerbread trim of the colorful buildings evoke a small-town atmosphere. Rows of specialty shops carry a colorful variety of old-time merchandise. At night, the thoroughfare glows in the flickering light of gas-lit streetlamps and seemingly thousands of miniature electric lightbulbs strung amongst the sides of the buildings. Main Street, U.S.A., is engaging proof that the best of yesterday can still be found today.

main-street-photo-supply-00-c.jpg

Time seems to soften amid the orchestral rhythm of ragtime and the clopping of horse hooves. As the stress of contemporary life gives way to the quaint charms of yesteryear, we find ourselves in a little town at the turn-of-the-century. Main Street, U.S.A. is a sparkling thoroughfare presented in the style and architecture of a street not unlike what you'd find in the history books of the early 1900s, taking inspiration from not only Walt's boyhood home of Marceline, Missouri, but also taking influences from around the country, such as New England and the Midwest. All around us is the color and excitement of a town at the start of a bold new century, at a time when electricity, transport and communication are about to change everything we know about the way we live our lives.

Town+Square+at+the+Magic+Kingdom.jpg

Our time on Main Street, U.S.A. begins in Town Square, the civic hub of transportation and gathering. In the center of Town Square is Elias Park. Well-kept lawns and vibrant planters surround a tall flagpole, from which the Stars and Stripes proudly wave. At the base of this flagpole, a bronze plaque reads Disneyland's dedication, delivered on July 17th, 2030, 75 years to the day when the original Disneyland first opened:

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. This is your land. Today, the spirit of Walt Disney's dream of a place where parents and children can have fun together continue into the hope and aspiration for Disneyland Maine. In this enchanted realm of yesterday and tomorrow, fantasy and adventure, we relive the nostalgia and innocence of a childhood dream. Disneyland Maine is dedicated in honor of the young and the young-at-heart, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.”
Sat beneath the cool shade of tall pines, aptly placed benches provide ample seating for the ongoing entertainment throughout the day. Of course, no Town Square would be complete without an appearance or two from the world famous Disney Characters. Throughout the day, starting promptly at 9:00 a.m., Mickey & Pals are there, eager to welcome guests to a day of fun and excitement here at Disneyland Park!

characters-at-magic-kingdom.jpg

The historic Main Street Opera House presides over the block located to the east of Elias Park. Inside, a number of scale models, statuettes and artwork hearken to the man behind the mouse, a prelude to the showcase of Just One Dream: The Walt Disney Story. Utilizing animatronics, video clips, rare footage, archived illustrations and stirring music, we follow the life and times of Mr. Disney, in a style similar to that used for The American Adventure at Epcot. The show even ends with a powerful montage of some of the more famous movies to come from Walt's lifetime, all set to the strains of "Just One Dream", a song that used to underscore the film Golden Dreams at Disney California Adventure.

When the show is over, there are two directions you can go. You could go through the exit hallway and find yourself in Walt's Hobbies, a tribute to the childlike qualities of Walt Disney. This old-fashioned toy store sells model trains, doll house accessories, and other fine miniatures, combined with photos and memorabilia pertaining to Walt and his interests.

a7Gthg8iv40hC4iaGbIpOPZJAyfInHGpoU_Jy0HoKVi_qEA2lZCLDwYMTKOUKkUPgTdRpoeTyIMQfT3U7TOV3GgWY6PLAvpO4mnVoQ-O-NEzpOpi9B6tOEQHmFvDYOv2YFfKXXXI

But, within this exit hallway is a spiral staircase leading up to the second floor of the Opera House. There, a private collection of portraits, paintings, caricatures and sculptures, the Disney Gallery serves as a showcase for the artwork of Walt Disney Imagineering and Animation. Artifacts - rare, acquired, or otherwise - from decades of magic are displayed, such as the always impressive Toy Story Zoetrope. Of course, you can also access the Disney Gallery through a staircase from the Opera House's lobby/display area.

By the way, Walt's Hobbies is located to the left-hand side of the Opera House. But, what's on the right-hand side? Well, luggage dollies and baggage mounds addressed to names both famous and infamous mark the entrance to the Main Street Post Office, home of Package Pickup and Lost & Found.

3Qr8LP2cICu7UTXAgD2_MCJmguShn1VfkPUUwusomtjYB6gD3_fdTZ18YgqDgcqV4TBVuSdfGwjhXM-Q-qQcNTIW2wtCZBQ3kAFsBgHwC5Yrol-iIXlg5hD7vIVrwnmvxkaYqkd8

On the other side of the street, we find the storied relic of City Hall, its mighty clock tower chiming every quarter hour. The American flag billows peacefully atop the building. As the in-park home of guest relations, friendly cast members are always on hand to answer questions, provide touring tips, make reservations, and assist guests with special needs. To the left of City Hall, you'll find the Town Square Lockers, neighbored closely by the Baby Care Center (marked by a wooden sign featuring Mr. Stork carrying baby Dumbo) and First Aid Station. To further set the Disney standard of excellence in customer service, self-service, coin-operated storage lockers are available for rent, complete with built-in electrical outlets, although portable, reusable chargers are available for purchase at an adjacent kiosk. And to the right of City Hall, the Disneyland Fire Station provides a glimpse at a period facility of the sort, housing a real fire engine. It is here that the world-famous Dapper Dans often perform for Main Street visitors, respectively featuring barbershop standards, tap dancing, corny jokes and the harmonious Deagan Organ Chimes.

main-vehicles.jpg

Having made their first stop outside Town Hall, the atmospheric Main Street Vehicles provide transport to and from the center of the park via the main thoroughfare. In this menagerie of transit, we are able to board an old-fashioned Fire Engine, Omnibus, or Horse-Drawn Trolley.

Like the various Main Streets of the real world, Main Street, U.S.A. is populated with “real,” believable people. The so called Citizens of Main Street walk the street in stride, a living snapshot of the optimism, humor and pride of the American Dream. Among the many Citizens, the ever-friendly Mayor is always ready with a smile and a joke; the local Fire Chief and Police Chief are always looking out for danger (although in Disneyland, the only dangerous thing is someone not having fun); and a Suffragette frequently marches the streets, rallying people to support the cause. The Main Street Philharmonic performs daily in Town Square, often taking to the streets with a selection of Disney favorites and synchronized marches.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Before we get started, I would just like to say once again, I dedicate this project of mine to @MANEATINGWREATH. His newest take on his years-in-the-making dream resort, Disney's Land of Dreams, is up and running. And may I say, it's well worth a look! Check it out right here!

From Town Square, we head down Main Street itself, a charming collection of storefronts and restaurants leading up to the park's Hub. Just like all the other Main Streets before it, the ground floor buildings are built on a 9/10 scale, with the second and third stories progressively smaller - forced perspective at work. Amidst the patriotic bunting, swaying trees and musical stylings of Scott Joplin and George Gershwin, we embark on a nostalgic stroll down Main Street. Here we experience the simpler pleasures of small town America as it were in the turn-of-the-century.

4893840250_3934e8bcd0_b.jpg

As with every other Main Street in the Disney pantheon, we begin with the lavish Emporium, the largest mercantile in the park. Owned and operated by Osium "Osh" Popham (the character Burl Ives played in the lesser-known Disney musical "Summer Magic"), this superstore evokes the charm and elegance of a turn-of-the-century department store, with stained-glass decor, gas chandeliers and sweeping rotundas in presentation of the goods and wares of a childhood dream. The clanging of cash registers matches the measured pace of the passing Main Street Vehicles. Countless clothing racks and near-infinite rows of display cases line the tiled floor. Per tradition, storefront windows display vignettes from Disney’s animated classics. However, in the case of Disneyland Maine's Emporium, Disney has teamed up with Thomas Kinkade Studios to bring some of the works of the late artist to life like never before. The elaborate 2D worlds Kinkade has created have been turned into 3D dioramas, with simple movement and simple effects. There are six different displays: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Fantasia, The Jungle Book, Winnie the Pooh, Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King.

Familiar-looking dolls are displayed in the storefront windows at Davis, Crump, Gibson & Blair -- Toymakers to the World, a shop named after the five people responsible for giving us the iconic look of "it's a small world": Marc and Alice Davis, Rolly Crump, Blaine Gibson and Mary Blair. Toymakers to the World, which takes up a fraction of the Emporium complex, we find an offering of turn-of-the-century toys, as well as contemporary books, music, toys and stuffed animals. Oh, and speaking of Davis, Crump, Gibson & Blair, one might notice that the ornate window advertisements above the attractions, stores and restaurants of Main Street, U.S.A. add a nice, thematic touch to the “small-town” environment. However, these windows are in fact presented in honor of Disney’s Cast Members and Imagineers who have left an indelible mark in the park’s history and the history of Disney parks as a whole. Moving on with the shops, Baby Mine carries toys and clothing for the youngest of park visitors. Disney Clothiers, Ltd. completes the sprawling complex, the largest Disney wardrobe in town. A seamstress is always on hand to make repairs and special souvenirs from scratch.

Iwerks, Inc. sits opposite the Emporium, the place to go to stock up on film, cameras, and such. Aged photographs and paintings even show Main Street, U.S.A. in its early days. House of Magic acts as Main Street's leading purveyor of fine magic, tricks, gags and novelties; and master magicians are often seen performing sleight-of-hands and other tricks for passers-by. The Curious Curio Cabinet, marked by the famous Cigar Store Indian, is a colorful selection in antique clocks, vintage cabinets, period toys and other treasures of the past. The Penny Arcade has a number of restored arcade games: two-player basketball, mechanical fortune tellers, pinball machines, photo booths and nickelodeons. Speaking of nickelodeons, why don't we pop over to the Penny Arcade's next-door neighbor, the Main Street Cinema. Beneath a vibrant, lightbulb illuminated marquee, make your way inside an elegant Victorian-inspired brick building that recalls the great motion picture houses of yesteryear. Inside the theater, you can enjoy some classic Disney shorts that play on a never-ending loop, such as Steamboat Willie, Plane Crazy and Flowers and Trees.

msctrst3.jpg

The soft glow of gas-lit streetlamps mark Center Street, the dead-center of Main Street, U.S.A. Here, the streets are wide open and merchants take use of the beautiful weather to sell wares outside. Along the western side of Center Street, the good folks at Green Thumb Florists have set up shop on the streets, with their beautiful plants and flowers on full display. Market House harkens back to a turn-of-the-century restaurant, down to the finest detail. Found along the western stretch of Center Street, Market House offers fruits, vegetables, sweet treats, and some good old-fashioned comfort food. Crystal Arts, found on the eastern stretch of Center Street, sells exclusive Disney statuettes, glass miniatures, crystal castles, snow globes, dishware, music boxes, ornaments, and stylized silverware. Here, a talented glassblower creates hand blown souvenirs in full view of patrons, an attraction all its own. This side of Center Street is also home to the Harmony Barber Shop, the place to go if your hair needs a little trimming. It's also quite the popular place to go for "baby's first haircut". Founded by the Dapper Dans themselves, they'll often pop by to serenade those awaiting, or getting, a haircut of their own.

7cwl-j1hEGKds2Oypv6NO8d6pPGB2s6sMGJ7w_rgPIoKsUsfKXx0100K_kQItfvsfHsjO6ABGKs41qH3xR4S3tyq46bQMmwHk-RZwLVchZHkplzkqBOe6HnWpKOZhklkxUJwewyE

Moving on from Center Street, to the west, the colored shelves, chocolate fountains and Welte Orchestrion of the Candy Palace add another nostalgic note. Freshly baked treats, caramel apples, gargantuan candy bars, chocolate rabbits and more decadent delicacies line the shelves of this confectionery dreamworld. Front and center, a large replica of Cinderella Castle (in reference to Walt Disney World) is displayed, built entirely from gingerbread. Sherman Music Co. is unique in its display of phonographs, radios, grand pianos, and brass horns. This shop displays a surplus of music-themed wares. CDs--and even old records--can be found here, as an old phonograph plays some classic music from the turn-of-the-century, mixed in with the occasional Disney tune here and there. The music of a restored, antique player piano carries into The Chapeau, a haberdasher's paradise of hats and headgear, most notably the famous "mouse ear" hats, as designed by famous artist Roy Williams and first worn by the Mousketeers of The Mickey Mouse Club.

Caseys-Corner.jpg

On the edge of the northwestern side of Main Street, overlooking the Hub, is Casey's, a tribute to the golden age of baseball. In this candy-striped place, classic baseball-themed shorts play as servers serve up classic ballpark fare: hot dogs, peanuts, Cracker Jack, you name it. Casey's extends into an outdoor eating garden, where guests can enjoy their food under candy-striped umbrellas. A ragtime piano player is often on hand, playing the latest rags and ragtime arrangements of classic Americana and Disney songs.

bb3b983feecd409e7f588eab8245aa2a--magic-kingdom-its-always.jpg

Heading forward from the eastern side of Center Street, our attention is pulled towards Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, a year-round store where it is quite literally Christmas… 365 days a year! The scent of pine and gingerbread fill the air as we take in the fun sights and nostalgia of a turn-of-the-century Christmas. Even so, storefront window displays depict scenes from such holiday favorites as Pluto’s Christmas Tree, Donald’s Snow Fight and Santa’s Workshop. Come December, this is the place to go if you want to meet Santa Claus himself. Tying in with this frigid theme, the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor takes up residence next door. In this old-fashioned eatery, ice cream is the name of the game. Specialty sundaes, ice cream sodas, root beer floats and triple scoop cones abound. Gibson Girl is also home to the biggest ice-cream creation in Disneyland Maine -- the "Kitchen Sink". It's so big, that I would say it's got everything but the kitchen sink...but that's what they serve the thing in! In addition, this ice cream parlor is also home to a replica of the famous "Glass Elephant" at the Disneyland Paris Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor. Ticking clocks and the clanging of cash registers welcome us to the peculiar Fortuosity Shop. Designed in the Queen Anne style, this lavish boutique sells watches, clocks, jewelry, scarves, purses and accessories, all in subtle reference to The Happiest Millionaire. The Main Street Bakery overlooks the hustle and bustle of Main Street, U.S.A. from the comfort of tall barstools, rocking chairs and a shaded front porch. What's on the menu here? Well, this is the in-park home of Starbucks Coffee, and in addition to that, the bakery offers a charming selection of dining options and bakery items.

That was something, wasn't it? Well, in the next post, we'll explore the very heart of Disneyland, The Hub. Until then, please feel free to leave any feedback at all--ideas, constructive criticism, etc. Any feedback you have is much appreciated!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Gadzooks, the "Toymakers to the World" idea is brilliant! Love, love, love it!

Thank you very much! It's always been a tradition of mine to name some of the shops on Main Street after some of the more famous names in Disney, so this was my tribute to pay tribute to the people who gave us one of the most iconic of Disney park rides. Originally, it was just "Davis Toys", but I figured I'd expand upon the name so I could acknowledge everyone.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Welp, it's been almost a month since my last post here. I say it's high-time we resume our journey through Disneyland Maine.

Central Plaza
Gardens1280.jpg

Like every other Disneyland before it, Main Street, U.S.A. leads into the heart of the park: Central Plaza, also known as "The Hub". Shooting out from here like the cardinal points of a compass are paths leading to the other five magical realms of Disneyland: Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasyland, Discoveryland and Tomorrowland. The popular tunes from the expansive Disney songbook provide an orchestral backdrop for the color and excitement of the Plaza. Lush fountains, a calm river, colorful gardens, spacious lawns, and shaped topiaries provide a quaint atmosphere. And with no shortage in picnic tables, benches or shaded trees, the Central Plaza is an ideal place to relax and take in the scenery. Much like Town Square, Central Plaza is reputable for its collection of snack vendors and colorful kiosks. The Plaza Popcorn Wagon is the first in several popcorn wagons found throughout Disneyland, noted for its butter-flavored popping corn. In a direct lift from Tokyo Disneyland, each popcorn wagon found throughout the park sells its own unique flavor, from honey-flavored in Fantasyland to cheddar bacon-flavored in Frontierland.

ol--1PrilfHWLns7NXNVCZgzMSRKVlfEhqYZ9T3GFyX_4v9qAjoINspxq5ZdjY51oyjA0BSeriHIdauqpw4BMwOCQGokzGFXcDooRYH5hBbhkuRY8BraLSte0EkgI_PkU-OYMqrt

Timeless River surrounds the Plaza in its entirety, traversed only by the elegant Plaza Swan Boats. Perhaps the most beautiful, serene and relaxed attraction in the park, these graceful, hand-carved vessels take passengers past the entrances of each land, offering a unique but spectacular view of the various spectacle and landmarks just waiting to be seen. Each boat finds its pilot in an informed skipper, educated with knowledge in regard to the resort’s past, present and future. The Main Street Vehicles make stops here, right nearby the Castle.

Much like the Hub of the Magic Kingdom in Florida, Central Plaza is more of a Central Island with the inclusion of Timeless River. The Plaza is kept separate from each land by a unique bridge, each designed and themed to their land of origin. For example, the bridge from Main Street, U.S.A. is built of brick and is adorned with small gas-lit streetlamps, while the Fantasyland bridge is built entirely from medieval stone and mortar, with snarling gargoyles keeping watch.

DZ6xNm0uI1Q6cgcEgPCyiLXPkT5HY2Tee9wRyYoJZbsU7aI0-Mqd_ouAsQ3WO2TN-eUiZrz04yhxkZu51SMH40Y3EaI5aZ9mlpZMpKC2qm0hLblv86Hs1T_sKGpN3Odd7M6d-RU2

Standing proudly in the dead-center of Central Plaza, Partners is a storied tribute to Walt and his most treasured creation, Mickey Mouse. Walt and Mickey, hand-in-hand, look down Main Street, U.S.A., a timeless capture of a "man and his mouse". A plaque at the base of the sculpture reads: "I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place - a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonders of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it." - Walt Disney

CRYSPL_1_998.jpg

The lavish Crystal Palace overlooks the western half of Central Plaza, nestled quietly between Casey's and the entrance to Adventureland. Inspired by Victorian greenhouses of the late 1800s, the Crystal Palace brims with light, topiaries and tropical palms, not forgetting a collection of crystal-chandeliers and whirring ceiling fans. The Crystal Palace offers elegant buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but it's only at breakfast that you can enjoy "Minnie & Friends - A Buffet with Character". Every morning, Minnie Mouse hosts an all-you-can-eat gathering for a wide variety of Disney friends. In fact, one thing that brings guests back to this buffet time after time is the fact that you never know who's gonna show up! You may some across faces like Chip, Dale, Max, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Rafiki, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, the Fairy Godmother, Snow White or Mary Poppins. Essentially, the only character that is guaranteed to be found no matter what is Minnie herself!

The Crystal Palace also hosts performances at the Palace Stage. Located just across the way from the Crystal Palace, along the banks of Timeless River, the Palace Stage hosts live musical performances. By day, your ears may be entertained by the sounds of the Main Street Philharmonic, or the Dapper Dans, or musicians from beyond the park (i.e. local high schools, volunteer organizations).

But when night falls upon Disneyland, the Disneyland Swingers come out to play. The Disneyland Swingers are exactly what the name implies: a swing band. It is here where couples of any age or size can swing dance the night away under the stars, naturally held before and after the fireworks.

On the other side of Central Plaza, just in-between the Main Street Bakery and the entrance to Tomorrowland, is Walt's. Drenched in dazzling décor, this two-story Victorian manor offers the finest in upscale American fare. Within the fanciful estate, silk draperies, ornate floral carpets, crystal chandeliers, silk woven draperies, beveled mirrors, polished brass fixtures and tufted velvet furnishings compose a lavish sight for the senses, all within five rooms with decor based around one of the original five lands of Disneyland in California. Live musicians often accompany a luxuriant dinner by candlelight, often intertwined with a hint of romance. But if you were to ask me, the crown jewel of the restaurant is the Disneyland Maine location of Club 33. Here, lucky guests can mix and mingle and partake in a full bar, premium drinks, snacks and desserts, as well as a five-star-quality dinner come sundown. What's more, Club 33 is set in a majestic rotunda with large windows looking out to Central Plaza, offering amazing views of the Castle and the nightly fireworks, making this club even more special.

swg039182LARGE.jpg

At the farthest edge of Central Plaza, two distinct areas flank the mighty Castle, with pathways leading straight into its mighty walls. First of all, on the right-hand side of the Castle, you'll find Snow White Grotto. The white, marble figurines of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs replicate an anonymous gift given to Walt Disney in 1961. From within a handsome wishing well, one might hear the faint voice of Snow White wishing for the one she loves. Of course, this is the place to go if you want to meet Snow White herself. She makes appearances here throughout the day, often accompanied by Prince Florian and Dopey.

2f58616fcc4095a1ee91a456e7b26642.png

On the other side of the Castle, you'll find Fantasy Gardens. Over 100 species of shrubs, flowers and trees fill the fantastical gardens, where vignettes depict a “Jolly Holiday” with Mary Poppins, a celebration among the Three Little Pigs, Alice falling down the Rabbit Hole, and a True-Life Adventure on the African Savanna.

disney-stars-parade-25th-anniversary-disneyland-paris-127.jpg

Have you ever wanted to join your favorite Disney characters in some of their most memorable moments? Well, with Disney's Dream Celebration Parade, you can finally become part of the story. In this joyous afternoon procession, you're invited to party under the sea with Ariel, join the Mad Hatter for a tea party, roam the jungle with Simba, and share a waltz with Cinderella, as their worlds and more are brought to life. Set to the tune of "Just Like We Dreamed It", which previously underscored Disneyland Paris' Once Upon a Dream Parade, you'll be able to join in the fun as the magic of dreams-coming-true is spread across the park!

693-DLC-37.jpg

As night falls, we line up at the curb once more for the illumination, mystery and illusion of the Main Street Electrical Parade. Since the original Main Street Electrical Parade debuted in 1972, the world famous concept has since entertained audiences the world over. In this all-electric pageant of magic and imagination, over a half a million twinkling lights enthrall the senses in a “Baroque Hoedown” of vivid dreams and spectacular music.

The park's Parade Route leads through Discoveryland, makes a semi-circle through the Central Plaza, heads down Main Street and exits the park in-between the Opera House and Iwerks, Inc.

8.jpg

Presented as an eternal tribute to the stories that made Disneyland possible, Disney Dreams: Experience the Magic celebrates the nostalgia and magic of a child’s imagination in an unforgettable street-to-sky spectacular. The heart, humor and heroism of many a timeless tale are captured amid state-of-the-art projections, brilliant lasers and awe-inspiring pyrotechnics. This fantastic celebration is the ultimate “happily ever after” to a day at Disneyland, showcased through moments from such tales as The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Peter Pan, Toy Story, and The Jungle Book.

Here in Central Plaza, the stage is set before Snow White Castle, a focus for the wonder that is Disneyland Park...

VnSewJaxqV7CKOv1vtUwqV8wWQpxMUgdppjE1JjRyCUNN4pmFV1lSrcLfrZAkNYrcoi10RwOvEkEgRoQdaMWd9CvNB_JUZ7HsHJaPE690LacjamqxXnL756g2ovQ9Frq--J48VVL

Snow White Castle is a fairy tale made real, a fanciful icon with its roots engraved in pure fantasy, an everlasting symbol of peace, friendship and the power of imagination. Snow White Castle can easily be described as having the size and scope of Shanghai Disneyland's Enchanted Storybook Castle and the awe-inspiring design of Disneyland Paris' La Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant, although inspiration also comes from the immortal artwork of Gustaf Tenggren. Hues of pink, blue and gold illuminate and reflect in the sunlight, a tasteful complement to the spiraling-turrets and vertical orientation. A magnificent stained-glass window reflects upon the surrounding landscape. The lush, rolling hills and muddy shores of Fantasy Gardens and Snow White Grotto help to make Snow White Castle even more picturesque.

Staring before this majestic sight, one thing is clear: Our time at Disneyland Park has just begun, and there are hundreds upon hundreds of great adventures and stories just waiting for us to discover!

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I have a confession to make: In my latest post in @MANEATINGWREATH's Dream Disney Resort thread, I claimed that my Fantasyland would boast eight sub-areas. That is no longer true. I got to thinking, maybe eight sub-areas was a bit too excessive, and would make the area cluttered. As such, I have toned the number down to six. But don't worry: the stories I intended to base those excised two sub-areas on are still going to be represented proudly here.

With that said, let's get on with the tour!

Fantasyland

IMG_6843.jpg

The tallest and largest castle ever found in a Disney park, the impressive Snow White Castle transports us from the classic Americana of Main Street, U.S.A. and into the age-old pages of a childhood storybook. Here, magnificent mosaics, golden spires, lavish tapestries, imposing gargoyles, and ornate latticework compose a symphonic atmosphere reminiscent of the grandeur and romance of the Renaissance. Snow White Castle truly represents a bygone era: a time where princes and princesses reigned, a time when dragons roared and knights sought to intercede them, a time when fairy-tale fantasy lived in a world rich in magic... This world, of course is represented beyond the castle walls in the happiest kingdom of all, Fantasyland.

As we cross over the stone bridge and through its towering portico, we are "welcomed" by a never-ending loop of some of Disney's classic fairy-tale romance songs: "When You Wish Upon a Star", "Once Upon a Dream", "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" and "Someday My Prince Will Come". The sheer size and magnificence of Snow White Castle is fully realized once inside the castle's lavish interior: a glorious multi-storied rotunda in the style of Disneyland Paris' castle, laden with decor reminiscent of the medieval era; vivid tapestries, stone statues and fine-glass windows. Magic is infused into every last architectural detail, from the stone-cut chipmunks and rabbits in the pillars, to the gargoyles along the spiral staircase. High above us, a stained glass window (taken from Kingdom Hearts) casts an almost yellow light onto the center of the interior, shining upon a hand-carved statue of Snow White being whisked away on horseback by Prince Florian. Below it, a plaque reads "You're Never Too Old To Be Young".

Snow-White-Stained-Glass-disney-princess-31396713-1227-1194.jpg

The Heraldry Shoppe resides on the first floor of the castle, aptly marked by twin suits of armor and an antique collection of medieval weaponry. The Heraldry Shoppe allows patrons to trace their family tree for generations into the past. Replica swords, daggers and shields are also for sale, in addition to family crests, tapestries and medieval paraphernalia. The Castle Boutique sells all things fantasy, from sorcerer hats to princess gowns. A backdoor leads out to nearby Snow White Grotto, while a stone passage on the other side of the castle leads out into Fantasy Gardens.

Right nearby the Heraldry Shoppe, we climb an elegant spiral stairwell to the second floor, finding not one, nor even two, but three points of interest. First of all, we find ourselves immersed in the Snow White Castle Gallery, an elaborate display in the style of Paris' La Galerie de la Belle au Bois Dormant, where the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is retold through through lavishly illustrated books, rich tapestries, hand-painted mosaic murals, small statues and truly majestic stained glass windows.

Within this gallery, we find the entrances to the other two points of interest on the second-floor of the castle.

cinderella-royal-table-07.jpg

Soaring archways and cathedral ceilings create a dramatic atmosphere for the Royal Banquet Hall, a fantastical feast for the eyes and taste buds. As the story goes, Snow White is holding a banquet in honor of the world’s best-loved Disney Princesses, and we are invited. As such, we dine in splendor as Disney's iconic princesses mingle, give autographs and pose for pictures. Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, and Ariel are just a few of the familiar guests in attendance. Authentic medieval tapestries and acquired artifacts adorn the lavish dining room, whilst flags and shields bearing the namesake of many a medieval nation hang proudly above us.

141015_FAM_Fantasyland_PrincessFairytaleHall.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

In the chambers across the way from the Royal Banquet Hall, the Fairytale Gathering gives lords and ladies of all ages the chance to rub elbows with royalty in a lavish labyrinth of boudoirs, libraries and converted-dungeons. The Fairytale Gathering is the place to go if you want to meet the likes of Snow White (who alternates between meeting here and meeting at Snow White Grotto), Cinderella, Aurora, Merida and Elena of Avalor.

In addition, the second floor of Snow White Castle also features a doorway that leads out onto an intricately styled balcony, which offers a panoramic view of the medieval township of Storybook Village.

img_4753.jpg

Heading back downstairs, we pass through the northernmost-facing portico of Snow White Castle and step into Storybook Village, a quaint little village displaying what life in the Dark Ages might have been like were it to clash with the color and whimsy of Toontown. Architecture of Bavarian, Dutch, Swiss, and Tudor origin craft the town. Minstrel-style arrangements of classic Disney tunes fill the air, creating a sense of medieval trade and fellowship. The glistening shape of the Castle Carrousel sits front and center in town. Held underneath a vibrant medieval tent, sculpted greenery and vibrant flowers set the stage for a cavalry of wood-carved horses and gleaming carriages. Upon the wooden canopy, painted stills depict scenes from every Disney film represented here in Fantasyland, held up by hand-carved cherubs. As an old-fashioned organ plays, we parade up and down atop our horses, getting unique views of the wonders that are awaiting us here in Fantasyland. Castle Carrousel sets an impressive backdrop for the final resting place of the "Sword in the Stone" itself, Excalibur, the legendary blade of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. In its base reads: “WHOSO PULLETH OUT THIS SWORD OF THIS STONE AND ANVIL IS RIGHTWISE RULER BORN OF ENGLAND.” The wise Merlin and his Make-Believe Brass, a madcap band of medieval minstrels, host the daily Sword in the Stone Ceremony, where a would-be King or Queen of England is chosen in the absence of King Arthur (reportedly visiting the Bermuda) to draw Excalibur from its sheath. Only one true hero will prevail in an often humorous celebration of magic and royalty.

Among the "storybook" architecture, we find a collection of various shops and adventures, each representing the world of fantasy better than the last. Immediately to our left as we enter into Storybook Village, you'll find the humble abode of Cinderella's Fairy Godmother, home to the Bibbidi-Bobbidi Boutique. In this enchanted chamber inhabited by chattering mice and whistling bluebirds, children of all ages are allowed the chance to magically transform into his or her own favorite Disney character (mostly princesses), a dream come true for many a youngster.

A few feet down the way from the Boutique, we first stumble upon a Gothic-Bavarian manor home, elegant, medieval, yet intimidating in both design and appearance. Impressive stonework forms towers and turrets. The walls rot and crumble with age, held in place by twisted tree roots. This manor is the alchemy lab of the legendary Master Yen Sid. The old sorcerer often parts the curtains of his solitary tower, peering down at the cobblestone streets below, surveying the land, silently, judgmentally, yet benevolently. Now, if this sight sends a chill down your spine, fear not. Yen Sid is inviting all visitors to his fortress to take part in a very special concert. With his powerful magic, Yen Sid has joined together time periods, drawing together classic music spanning the centuries. We are cordially invited to choose our own concert experience and take a journey unlike anything ever seen before in a Disney park, as we explore the magical, musical world of Fantasia!

the_sorcerer_s_apprentice_by_glimpen-dadmcfc.jpg

In this excellent attraction, as designed by @D Hindley for Season 16 of So, You Want to Be an Imagineer?, Fantasia takes us out of medieval Fantasyland and into the world of music, where anything can happen. Beginning with the surrealism of Bach's "Toccata and Fugue", we then explore one of four different worlds: the excitement of Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker Suite", the humor of Ponchielli's "Dance of the Hours", the horror of Mussorgsky's "Night on Bald Mountain" and the beauty of Resphigi's "Pines of Rome". It all wraps up with--what else?--Dukas' "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", as we relive the magic of Mickey Mouse trying in vain to stop a horde of living brooms from destroying Yen Sid's laboratory.

We dine on "music for the mouth" immediately following our journey. The Orchestra Pit takes up residence in a corner of the village nearby Yen Sid's fortress. These storefronts are the temporary housing for Yen Sid’s visiting orchestra, who have taken rather abrupt residence in the villager’s bakeries and shoe shops and cellars. In fact, don't be surprised to see live musicians roaming about the restaurant, ready to serenade diners with Fantasia music at a moment’s notice!

On the other side of Storybook Village, beneath towering steeples and chimneys, wrought-iron weathervanes and swaying roofs, we find the charming abode of the toymaker Geppetto. Geppetto’s Toy Shoppe is a must-see for toy collectors and world-travelers alike, a cozy collection of international trinkets and treasures. Hand-carved marionettes, nutcrackers, cuckoo-clocks, toys, candies, puzzles, music boxes and dolls stock the shelves, each an import from Central Europe and beyond. Figaro the cat can be seen on the shop’s highest windowsill, fast asleep, often awakening for a quick swipe at a nearby “occupied” birdcage. Although, the real attraction can be found just next door...

les-voyages-de-pinocchio.jpg

Pinocchio's Daring Journey takes us aboard an enchanted woodcarver’s cart and into the celebrated world of Walt Disney's Pinocchio. Through the cobblestone streets of a Swiss-Italian village, we follow Pinocchio into Stromboli’s Puppet Theatre and off to Pleasure Island, against the wise warnings of Jiminy Cricket. The frantic carnival turns into a narrow escape from the Coachman, ending in a daring escape from the belly of Monstro the Whale. The exhilarating adventure ends with the magic of the Blue Fairy, transforming Pinocchio into a real boy before our very eyes.

49f7340d2f1a50ab6be37f15041ce196.jpg

Down the way from Pinocchio's Daring Journey, a giant beanstalk can be seen stretching towards the heavens, growing from the top of a thatched-roof cottage; the same cottage that served as the homestead of three certain poor farmers... This homestead serves as the home of Sir Mickey's, a shop themed around the classic featurette Mickey and the Beanstalk. The shop specializes in toys, plushes, clothing and accessories. The beanstalk's roots can be found in the ceiling of the store with Mickey attempting to hang on for dear life.

2903-6BambiMount.jpg

The timbered facade of an Austrian hunting lodge is our next stop, the home of Bambi: A Life in the Forest. Yet another project designed for So, You Want to Be an Imagineer?--this time, designed by @spacemt354--this attraction marks the first major representation of Walt Disney's fifth animated feature in a Disney park. Inspired by the concept art of Tyrus Wong, this dark ride will be unique from others due to its scarce reliance on dialogue, with an emphasis on music and an impressionist art driven narrative. The scenes flow together in a rhythmic harmony that illustrate Bambi's maturation from a young fawn to the prince of the forest, told through several makeshift vignettes following the cycle of the seasons, from spring, to summer, autumn and winter, and back to spring again. Though fear and tragedy touch our journey, renewal and redemption always come with the dawn.

Now, as I'm sure you've noticed, all the major attractions here in Storybook Village have been based on the first five films of the Disney animated canon: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Fantasia and Bambi. But what about Dumbo, you ask? Well, of course, I wouldn't leave him out...

D%2Bview.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_v2exWrsGOc

Dumbo the Flying Elephant, that iconic attraction without which no Disneyland would be complete, sits a few feet across the way from The Orchestra Pit atop an elevated platform along the banks of a peaceful, picturesque stream separating Storybook Village from the rest of Fantasyland, surrounded by clean, cascading waterfalls, swirling green topiaries, beautiful flowers and colorful circus marquees, all framed by the branches of weeping willow trees. Dumbo also loads and flies over an intricate fountain and pool of water, much like the water features found in every other Dumbo around the world (except for Tokyo, that is.) Flying into the sky aboard Dumbo is somewhat of a Disneyland initiation ritual for both the young and young at heart. There's just something miraculously enchanting and entirely timeless about this simple carousel-in-the-sky, reliving that magical moment when Dumbo first discovered his gift of flight. Much of the magic comes from the attraction's design, which effortlessly turns a "circus" theme into a beautiful and elegantly-designed space. The design of the carousel in use is a piece of art all its own, dropping jaws and inspiring countless passengers to follow their dreams and shoot for the stars no matter what…even if the animatronic crows perched in a tree near the queue like to say otherwise…

Big Top Treats offers typical carnival snacks: popcorn, candy, churros, cotton candy, almonds, ice cream, circus peanuts, and all sorts of things to wet your whistle. This quaint little snack stand blends in perfectly with the elegant, yet fun, design of Dumbo nearby.

34207872731_16005691ef_b.jpg

Think of the middle of Storybook Village resembling a stylized Mickey head. Castle Carrousel forms the face and Dumbo the Flying Elephant forms the left ear. But what forms the right ear? Well, located along the upper right diagonal to Castle Carrousel, located across from Sir Mickey's, you'll find the Royal Dance Circle, a lavish place set up for a festival, all with banners, streamers and lights. Like Dumbo, this is also situated on the banks of the aforementioned stream, adding another level of elegance to it. When night falls, the lights of both this dance circle and of Dumbo illuminate the stream in brilliant hues. Throughout the late afternoon and evening, the Royal Dance Circle plays host to The Starlit Princess Waltz. In a celebration inspired by the show at Disneyland Paris, the Starlit Princess Waltz invites us to awaken the royal inside us all and glide across the circle like there's no tomorrow. After making their own grand entrance wearing their glittery gowns, the likes of Aurora, Belle, Cinderella, Snow White and Tiana, alongside their gallant princes, bring the magic to life with a wonderful waltz – all against an enchanting backdrop of Storybook Village and Snow White Castle to the south and the rest of Fantasyland to the north. And yes, since we're guests for this royal ball, we're invited to come join them in the circle for a dance of our own. I mean, who hasn't wanted to share a dance with a Disney princess?

Speaking of characters, it should be noted that Disneyland Maine's Fantasyland prides itself on the "roaming character" idea. This is supposed to be the land where characters live, and with this "roaming character" mindset, that idea can become a reality. Many other Fantasylands across the world also share this unique meet-and-greet experience, and Disneyland Maine is no exception. No matter what part of Fantasyland the characters are from, they'll always make sure to stop by the village and say hello. But among the faces you'll usually find around the village are the likes of Pinocchio, Geppetto, Jiminy Cricket, the Blue Fairy, Thumper, Miss Bunny, Robin Hood, Maid Marian, Little John, Friar Tuck, Dumbo and Timothy Mouse.

In addition, Disneyland Maine's Fantasyland is home to three unique characters that can't be seen anywhere else. First, we have Clef, the Royal Minstrel of Fantasyland.

medieval-bard-6.jpg

Clef is a friendly minstrel, always eager to share a song and tell the stories of the Magic Kingdom. His hair is black and messy, barely concealed by a red cap, festooned with white feathers, much like the hat Prince Florian (that's Snow White's prince) wears. His eyes twinkle with excitement, his mouth always ready to sing. He wears a golden tunic, tied around the waist with a sapphire sash. Upon his shoulders is a cape, shaded in a deep, dark red, with a bright red underline. Upon his legs, he wears black leggings, which pave the way for golden pointed boots. And of course, ever present in his arms is his trusty lute. Personality-wise, Clef is ever so friendly. He is what you would consider a "friend to all living things". He's always happy and full of energy, practically skipping through Fantasyland, playing a melody. He's always eager to strike up a conversation, and quick with a song.

attendants.png

Next, permit me to introduce to you Rosie. Rosie is Clef's sweetheart, and official choreographer of the kingdom. She is clad in a beautiful pink ballgown, perfectly reflecting her status as a dancer. And because I'll use thrift whenever I see it, her ballgown comes from the pre-2001 refurbishment of Beauty and the Beast: Live on Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios (as seen in the picture above). Rosie is more than willing to teach visitors to Storybook Village how to waltz like a prince or princess, and she is often seen waltzing about with her beau, Clef.

beb6df8739b370a37a6df5dc837bd1a2.jpg

Finally, we have Louis. Louis is Clef's little brother, and is following in his footsteps to learn how to be a minstrel and a storyteller. As such, he can be clumsy and aloof at times, but underneath, he's got a heart as big as all outdoors. These three characters can often be found strolling through Fantasyland together, singing songs and re-telling old stories. In addition, these three also host The Starlit Princess Waltz over at the Royal Dance Circle; so the only time you can count on seeing them regularly is in the morning and early afternoon.

Much like Disneyland Paris' Fantasyland, Disneyland Maine's Fantasyland devotes most of its pleasant charm from a natural point of view. Now, instead of having a small village, you have a lush countryside. That meandering stream I told you about runs through the entire area and unifies the space. Manicured gardens line its banks and the abundance of greenery has a calming effect on what could have been a frenetic place.

DLP%20Fantasyland%20Overview%2006.jpg

DLP%20Fantasyland%20Overview%2004.jpg

A stone bridge located a few paces away from The Orchestra Pit and Dumbo the Flying Elephant takes us over the stream and into the worlds that lie just beyond the safety of Storybook Village. Before us sits a massive forest from the pages of a fantasy novel or the reels of Once Upon a Time. This area, of course is naturally the second sub-area of Fantasyland: the Enchanted Forest.

Fantasyland has always been my favorite land in any Magic Kingdom-style park; so I've decided to head there first. If Storybook Village and the Enchanted Forest aren't enough, there are still four other areas of Fantasyland we can discover! But we'll get to them when we get to them. So, until the next post, please feel free to leave any feedback at all--ideas, constructive criticism, etc. Any feedback you have is much appreciated!

Oh, and once again, all credit for the Fantasia dark ride goes to @D Hindley and all credit for the Bambi dark ride goes to @spacemt354.

And one more thing: that picture I used to represent Rosie was taken from this picture. So, all credit for that picture goes to its original owner.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster

The Enchanted Forest encompasses a key location in almost any major fairy tale: the woods. Tall trees of European origin provide shade from the sun, yet a sturdy hideaway for those wishing to evade the law or the eyes of any given wicked witch. At all times, a mysterious fog rolls across the dirt trail, providing a quaint but exciting sense of mystery amid the fairy tale setting. Our ears are met with the orchestral sound of unseen wildlife. Trickling streams and miniature waterfalls roll along the side of the road, while the occasional cottage protrudes from among the tree trunks and treetops.

Much like Storybook Village, the Enchanted Forest serves as a gateway to further adventures in the realm of fantasy, as well as a path leading to Fantasyland's four additional sub-areas. These adventures start with what lies directly across the stream from Storybook Village: an age-old mountain; its rocky facade and numerous hills offering a dramatic backdrop for the village and serving as a teaser for things to come beyond its reaches. Now, we've all seen where Snow White and Prince Florian live. But, what about her seven little friends?

The-Seven-Dwarfs-Mine-Train_Full_12652.jpg

Woodland creatures and bits of mining equipment lead our path into a glittering diamond mine, where a rustic mine train awaits. Zipping around hairpin turns and teetering back and forth along the countryside aboard the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, we crawl deep into a mine shaft where we find the Seven Dwarfs hard at work, whistling and singing while collecting their keep. A wild race from the mountain’s peak to the foot of the mountain takes us behind a waterfall and past the cozy cottage of the Dwarfs. In this extended take on this kid-friendly roller-coaster, we zip up, down and around the caverns of the mine, including a second indoor sequence. The attraction comes to an exciting conclusion after the Evil Queen, in her Old Peddler disguise, tries to crush the riders with an enormous boulder! The Seven Dwarfs' Cottage is fully explorable, and serves as a meet-and-greet opportunity for the other six Dwarfs: Doc, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful and Sneezy. We exit the mine train through the Seven Dwarfs' Mine Atrium, a small merchandise location, where guests can actually excavate their own gems!

SUS07abWPKHsH54vktpdS8bgD-FK02RjLjdKPwhRLnxHm4YlrGe6o-Fid-sWESlL6xKfobmOVodJZhaCDgaSR9_7BhSI7zweyHrPaIMs-bqadWY21hOuKI4IJpg1kjMN2SGBeowQ

Now, getting back to the forest itself, we come across the stately chateau Cinderella once called home. Here, the iconic pumpkin-turned-coach is parked out front amidst a quiet pumpkin patch. Heading down a beaten path towards the outskirts of the chateau, we're invited to board our very own pumpkin to take off upon Cinderella's Midnight Journey. This is a concept I thought up myself for So, You Want to Be an Imagineer? For the first time ever, the story of Walt Disney's 1950 classic comes to life, as we enter the old barn-shed of the chateau and emerge in a world where dreams come true. We follow Cinderella through her iconic story as we witness mice making her dress, the Fairy Godmother working her magic, Prince Charming and Cinderella falling in love, and of course, her foot fitting the glass slipper. Cinderella and Prince Charming can often be found near the estate, often accompanied by the Fairy Godmother herself. Of course, in a hidden hayloft, Jaq, Gus, Suzy and Perla make meet-and-greet appearances of their own.

From Cinderella's chateau, we continue down the forest-path, discovering a stunning "oasis" which brings us to the forefront of Rapunzel's Tower in all its magical glory, an icon for an entirely new generation of Disney fans.

latest

Built into the walls of this cavern, A Tangled Tale transports us into the exciting world of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider, a first ever in a Disney Park. Amid the stunning music and vivid settings of Tangled, we discover this timeless tale of bold adventure, swashbuckling bravery, dark villainy and fairy-tale romance. Naturally, the unfortunate wanted posters for Flynn Rider (all of them with his nose wrong) find their way around and about the trees surrounding the cavern, as does Pascal, well-disguised in a multitude of colors throughout the surrounding area.

full

Across the way from the cavern, we come across The Snuggly Duckling, built precariously close to the tallest, most twisted tree in the forest. This “rough n’ tough” inn takes us back to a simpler time when outlaws on the run preferred to sing about their dreams rather than act upon them. The legitimately hook-handed pianist will gladly sing about his dreams if you ask him, as will the barkeep...and the janitor, and the bouncer, and...well, just about everyone here sings about their dreams. Anyone and everyone is welcome at the Snuggly Duckling, but only if you’re ready for rowdy musical numbers and the finest in German pub food. Those with a background in piracy, debauchery, buggery, and dental problems are more than welcome to dine-in, no musical talent required. Oh, and by the way, if you sit at a table at the back of the restaurant, you may just catch a glimpse of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train rushing past! It's no surprise that Rapunzel and Flynn make meet-and-greet appearances here in the Enchanted Forest, as do the ten major thugs of the Snuggly Duckling: Hookhand, Big-Nose, Thor, Gunter, Ulf, Attila, Bruiser, Killer, Fang and Vladimir.

alices-curious-labyrinth-1180x600.jpg

The towering trees and foliage of the Enchanted Forest suddenly warp and mend into the oddball topiaries, multicolored leaves, giant mushrooms, and twisted trunks of Alice’s nonsensical Wonderland. It seems as if we have fallen down the rabbit hole, through the looking glass, and to the entrance of Alice’s Curious Labyrinth, marked by the oversized, grinning, floral face of the devious Cheshire Cat, his pupils wildly spinning in 360° circles. In this massive, sprawling, hedge maze, we discover a land of wonder, mystery and danger. Tulgey Wood and the Queen of Hearts’ Castle await in a winding maze of magical creatures, conflicting signage, glowering flowers, and a grinning Cheshire Cat. A chatty Doorknob welcomes us. "Looking for the White Rabbit? Well, see for yourself!" From there, we are thrust into a wacky and wild world where anything can happen.

A Caucus Race leads astray and into a crop of beautiful, singing flowers...standing six to eight feet in height! Hungry dandelions and a snarling tiger lily lie in wait. The Caterpillar enjoys his favorite pipe from atop a technicolor toadstool. Conflicting signage, bizarre birds and the aforementioned grinning floral Cheshire Cat welcome us to the labyrinth that is the Tulgey Wood. Alice, having grown to an extraordinary size, bursts through the walls of a disgruntled White Rabbit's cottage. Moving on from there, the Mad Hatter, March Hare and the Dormouse enjoy a spot of tea for a very merry unbirthday party. Whistling teapots, spinning cakes and precariously stacked cups set the scene, with interactive elements that encourage visitors to play along. But it's not all fun and games here in Wonderland, as we are soon about to find out...

Leaving the tea party, card soldiers frantically “paint the roses red” in fear of their evil mistress: the Queen of Hearts. A path leads to the Queen of Hearts' castle, which provides not only a bizarre playground of funhouse mirrors, playful traps and silly slides, but also a fantastic view of the Enchanted Forest and the rest of Fantasyland. Lastly, we escape our undesired fate - pursued by the Queen of Hearts and her Card Soldiers - through an elaborate labyrinth of spiraling high and low hedges. The irritable Queen springs from various points in the underbrush with a blood-curdling shout: "Off with their heads!" One wrong turn might lead right back to the Castle; one right turn might lead to our safe and sound return to the Enchanted Forest.

Of course, the madness doesn't end here. Just steps away from this curious labyrinth we find another venerable Disneyland staple, the Mad Tea Party.

17313352931_f08447c975_b.jpg

Shielded from the elements by an overhead glass canopy with an intricate design, we hop aboard a teacup for a mad spin around a massive, twirling teapot inhabited by the eternally-tipsy Dormouse. Paper lanterns and stringed-lights illuminate the "dance floor" as night falls upon Wonderland, creating a magical, yet eerie glow. As with other versions of the flat-ride, we are able to control the speed and "spin" of each teacup via a wheel in the center of the "brew." For guests of a younger age, this attraction is a must-see, similar to a certain flying elephant back in Storybook Village, but for guests our age who get dizzy easily...well, we'll pass.

Naturally, Alice, the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, the Queen of Hearts, the Cheshire Cat, the White Rabbit, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum all wander about this part of the Enchanted Forest like a bunch of lunatics, causing a whole lot of general mischief and mayhem amid the truly peculiar setting.

14509506275_0495039c59_b.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-B1ZvxklGM

To continue this British theme, the timbered farmhouse of Christopher Robin is our last stop in the Enchanted Forest, the all-too-appropriate home of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Having meandered through a bramble of oversized pages from a Pooh storybook, we come upon a large, animated map of the 100 Acre Wood. From aboard a hot-air balloon, we sail through the the warm and friendly world of Winnie the Pooh, flying past a blustery day in the 100 Acre Wood, followed by a chance encounter with a bouncing Tigger back on ground, and into a Heffalump and Woozle-induced nightmare. A freak rainstorm sends our balloon into the floodwaters, sailing past our forest friends as they salvage their homes. Our journey ends in a rather sticky happily ever after for Winnie the Pooh as he finally gets to indulge in his favorite treat. Pooh Corner is our one-stop shop for all things Pooh, with nifty souvenirs and all sorts of candy and confectionery, including the popular Tigger Tails from Disneyland in California. The only “bother” here is settling on a purchase! Nearby, aptly set up near the gardens of the farmhouse and under the shade of a "honey tree", Hundred Acre Goods offers delicious food inspired by the Winnie the Pooh stories. The main courses on the menu include honey in some way--spinach salad with honey pecans, buttermilk and honey chicken kabobs, chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce and honey ham and Swiss sandwiches. In addition, Hundred Acre Goods offers selections from Rabbit's garden: salads, fruit and veggie cups and hearty vegetable soup, as well as honey whole-wheat bread and a specialty dessert you can't find at Pooh Corner: "Heavenly Honey", which amounts to three layers of honey-flavored doughnuts topped with icing and drizzled in warm honey. Pooh's Thoughtful Spot, a 100 Acre Wood-themed playground resides in a forest clearing just near Hundred Acre Goods, allowing little ones to explore the world of Christopher Robin and the bear of very little brain. Of course, Pooh, Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger, Christopher Robin, Owl, Kanga and Roo all make meet-and-greet appearances in the surrounding hollow.

DRE4906891.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM22Lk0Rl6M

The foliage of the Enchanted Forest gives way to yet another clearing, this time seeming to be straight from the French countryside. Here sits a fairy-tale village of sorts. Unsurprisingly, we have entered Belle's Provincial Town from Beauty and the Beast. Beneath the shadow of the Beast's Castle, we find a world of mystery and romance. Maurice's Cottage with its whirring gizmos, buzzing contraptions and smoking chimney-stack welcomes us inside for a quick tour of the family's living space and Maurice's workshop. Within Maurice’s collection of inventions, both failed and successful, we climb aboard a familiar wood-chopping machine, complete with a front-facing hatchet. In Belle's Storybook Journey, we immerse ourselves into this "tale as old as time," where a pack of wolves give us no choice but to flee within the Beast’s ominous castle, where Lumiere and the enchanted objects perform a rousing production of "Be Our Guest." As our story progresses, we watch the romance of Belle and the Beast unfold, climaxing in a magical transformation for both the Beast and his servants.

Just as in the movie, from Maurice's cottage, we pass over a bridge over a brook and find ourselves in the town itself. We first encounter Bonjour! Village Gifts, a small shop for all our Beauty and the Beast needs. From there, the cobblestone pavement leads us to a delightfully humorous fountain featuring the dashing Gaston standing high atop the bumbling LeFou. This sets the foreground for Gaston's Tavern, Fantasyland’s second rough 'n' rowdy inn. In this antler-lover’s paradise, a massive portrait of Gaston overlooks the bar from above the fireplace mantle, a slain black bear at his feet. Menu items include turkey legs, pork shanks, jerky snacks, meat pies, drinks (alcoholic or otherwise), hummus, and warm cinnamon rolls. Gaston himself has been known to make an appearance or two right outside his tavern, often engaging in push-up contests with men or a game of flirtatious wits with beautiful ladies. In addition, LeFou also shows up, getting into shenanigans with park-goers, while the Bimbettes spend their time swooning over Gaston or flirting with any other potential suitors. Of course, it wouldn't be Belle's provincial town without the book shop she usually frequents. As such, The Storybook Store offers a huge collection of books based upon the many stories this Kingdom tells, in addition to films and CDs in a range of languages, and loveable furry plush toys. Of course, the friendly Bookseller makes appearances here throughout the day.

Passing underneath an archway out of town, cracked gargoyles and beastly statues point the forested path toward the Beast's Castle which, ironically, is wide-open for visitors. Much like Snow White Castle, the Beast's Castle is fully explorable.

6cb7835ed2645eefefb3911d038f5c49.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMeCA8BOSmU

Here in the Castle's Grand Foyer, an ornate chandelier illuminates the spacious area in a warm, yet ethereal glow. A large staircase in the center of the Foyer, as well as two adjoining staircases going either left or right take us to the second level of the Castle; playful gargoyles and the light of dim sconces beckoning for us to climb toward whatever mysteries and magic may preside above. Once inside the second level of the castle, we take in the sights, sounds and smells of the magnificent Be Our Guest Restaurant. Inside this elaborate restaurant, we sit down to a feast of French fare for a quick-service breakfast or lunch, or a fabulous sit-down dinner in one of three dining areas - the Grand Ballroom, the West Wing, or the Castle Gallery - each meticulously designed and crafted for the exquisite “French” diner in all of us. From the Castle Gallery, one might catch a glimpse of riders as they careen by on Belle's Storybook Journey. In the West Wing, a destroyed portrait of Prince Adam keeps watch over diners as the petals of the enchanted rose lightly fall from a pedestal below. The baroque Grand Ballroom with its domed ceiling, lavish chandeliers, and snow-laced arches recreate the setting of that iconic waltz we have all come to love. No meal would be complete without the grey stuff - it’s delicious!

Back on the ground floor of the Beast's Castle, we notice two separate archways, each leading somewhere different. The archway to our left is the place where Belle's Storybook Journey exits out of. That's right, instead of exiting through a gift shop, riders find themselves free to explore the Beast's castle by foot. The archway to our right, on the other hand, leads to Royal Reception, a meet-and-greet area. Princess Belle and Prince Adam are eager to welcome all travelers and guests to this Magic Kingdom, and they're waiting for us inside the castle's spacious Library. Now, what makes this meet-and-greet so special is a certain kind of technology I've always been interested in. I'm sure some of you may remember this interactive version of Alice in Wonderland's Doorknob, which was only in use for IPW 2015. Using the same technology as the Doorknob, you'll first be taken to a spacious waiting area outside the Library. Here, interactive versions of Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip and the Wardrobe all are ready to have a chat with guests. But once you're inside the Library, you'll have a private greeting with Belle and Prince Adam themselves. They're always eager to share book recommendations or share a dance with you. Now, what excites me the most is this is the first time in American Disney park history that you'll be able to meet Prince Adam in the flesh! (As of this writing, the only Disney resort in the world where you can meet Prince Adam is Disneyland Paris.)

10291899633_899c00d4de.jpg

Among the rockwork that surrounds the Beast's Castle, if you look at just the right time, you may see the Disneyland Railroad pass along the rocks and off past the rest of Fantasyland. A short distance from the Beast's Castle resides a wooden amphitheater among the foliage, simply entitled the Fantasyland Theater. It is here at the Fantasyland Theater that we come across a certain duo of thespians...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G75sV7fQS6w

That's right. Mr. Smythe and Mr. Jones also take up residence in the Renaissance-inspired amphitheater, performing the appropriately-named Tales from Fantasyland. The "olde" minstrels retell several classic Disney stories in 25-minute shows with the help of two lovely assistants, musical accompaniment from the renowned pianist, Sir Samuel of Morocco, and appearances from actual characters from the stories they tell. Each story is presented through makeshift props, minimal set pieces, and of course, humorous slapstick, song, and dance. Unlike Disneyland in California, more than three stories are retold here throughout the day: Tangled, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and for boys, Aladdin and Hercules.

DL%2BIASW%2B1994%2Bcolored.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px22GHX5PGk

The golden spires and fanciful shapes of a magnificent palace protrude high above the treetops of the Enchanted Forest, setting the scene for Small World Plaza, the "happiest" sub-area thus far. Buildings and structural formations of an odd variety, almost "Mary Blair" in style, line the pristine pathways and pastel-colored plaza. Topiaries in the shape of animals from around the world fill the colorful gardens and planters, while quirky instrumentals of that ever-famous tune, "It's a Small World" constantly fill the air, each time portrayed in a different form of instrumental from a different culture. Before us rests Small World Palace, the focal point of Small World Plaza and the northernmost point of Disneyland Park. Spinning flowers, whirligigs and stylized icons--from the Eiffel Tower to the Golden Gate Bridge--complement the smiling face of the iconic, 30-foot clock tower. Every fifteen minutes, the clock tower opens to display a multinational parade of toys and dolls, ending in a fanfare of trumpets and drums. The magnificent Tower of the Four Winds stands directly across from Small World Palace, functioning as a real weathervane on a most spectacular scale. Of course, inside this magnificent palace is the "happiest cruise that ever sailed," the 1964-1965 World's Fair classic, "it's a small world".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zZuzIYK2Ts

Since 1964, people the world over have been captivated by this whimsical voyage; and to this day, "it's a small world" stands as a salute to the children of the world, a delightful cruise that speaks the international language of goodwill. Amid a vibrant, technicolor world of glitter, fabric, and paper-mȃché, a cast of 300 Audio-Animatronic children, animals and toys from every corner of the globe sing the all-too-familiar theme in their native language about peace and unity. From the snow-capped Alps to the deserts of North America, "it's a small world" is a fantastic voyage that is to be enjoyed by both the young and the young-at-heart.

No trip around the world is complete without a trip through Small World Imports, a Mary Blair-esque toy store that specializes in dolls, appropriate considering that "it's a small world" is filled with dolls. In fact, this is the place to go if you want to find the dolls that were made for the 50th anniversary of the ride in 2014, brought back into production specifically for Disneyland Maine. In addition, Small World Plaza is home to World Bazaar. Found within a Blair-esque pagoda overlooking the riverbanks where the boats begin their musical journey, World Bazaar is a buffet restaurant specializing in foods from around the world. There are stations themed to foods from North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia, as well as a dessert station (represented by Antartica, of course) and a station created specifically for kids and picky eaters alike. In tribute to the long-lost Skyway of Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom, the Discovery Balloon Ascent is a breathtaking trip thru the skies of Fantasyland and into Discoveryland to the east. Our miniature hot-air balloon departs from Small World Plaza and soars high above the Magic Kingdom, landing in the farthest reach of Discoveryland.

BXXMMz9NcA1v2Q1-pOzBFj8qwCDXI7xfY1NnwefxSZ6XHRxnpK3maSk-lkXE7-WBXmuNLHuWvHt3uXY5jc0eOTAYmCuOwXh25yBseRGYZHcCPhzaHexrpNzIz8zR9-Td4uOVIKtL

The Disneyland Railroad traverses through the facade of Small World Palace before chugging along on their way to parts unknown. But for us, our travels lead us past this colorful, childlike plaza and into a chilly fjord reminiscent of Norway in the 19th Century. Architecture that recalls the color, excitement and intrigue of a well-worn Scandinavian seaport line the streets, ridden with reindeer-tracks and the remnants of a thick frost. In the frosted mountains to the north, we catch a glimpse of a very familiar ice castle. One thing's for certain: we have just arrived in the kingdom of Arendelle.

Well, there we go! We've only got two more areas of Fantasyland left to discover: Arendelle and...well, I won't give anything away, but let's just say it ties into the style of Arendelle perfectly. So, until the next post, please feel free to leave any feedback you have at all. It's all very much appreciated.

Last edited:

orlando678-

Great work once again! I do have some questions regarding Tangled and Cinderella as to what type of attractions we are actually dealing with here? Also could you elaborate on what type of ride the BatB attraction is? Are they all classic dark rides? Are some water based? Is the Cinderella one like the walkthrough they once planned? Just some things that came up while I was reading your post.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Great work once again! I do have some questions regarding Tangled and Cinderella as to what type of attractions we are actually dealing with here? Also could you elaborate on what type of ride the BatB attraction is? Are they all classic dark rides? Are some water based? Is the Cinderella one like the walkthrough they once planned? Just some things that came up while I was reading your post.

Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast are going to be classic dark rides, while Tangled is going to be a classic dark ride utilizing the Kuka system to allow the ride vehicles--floating lanterns--to "float" naturally and to be lifted up and down. This also allows the whole thing to be on one floor, despite the various scenes that take place up in the tower.

vS8EtOy_xS08s1SyMw1lAw-JRmDpoDeUSDNQc7pskLQQk1aGXY8yUWY0emCfzNwNM1XvBNEfK91eNaRnPGqytr6kuEYTqeVH_qM1gt9Zqt4NtyyDNSKv_8e2vJ-TBRM16KKWhiIz

A gentle stream brings the waters of "it's a small world" into the fjord of Arendelle. The calm lagoon basks in the glow of the overhead sun, its dancing reflection cast across the land. As the story goes, we are visiting Arendelle shortly after the events of Frozen. Now that the endless winter is over and the long-estranged sisters have reconciled, the gates to Arendelle Castle are now and forever officially open again! And to celebrate, Elsa and Anna are inviting one and all to come celebrate "Summer Snow Day". Amid a grove of tall pines on the outskirts of Small World Plaza, Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post (and Sauna) welcomes weary travelers to its year-round “Big Summer Blowout!” The friendly shop owner, Oaken himself, sells any and all things Frozen, including fresh carrot-snacks and winter-wear unique to this Northern park. A gazebo, clearly inspired by the Gol Stave Church in Oslo, Norway, provides a set of ornate telescopes for fantastic views of the mighty castle across the waters of the fjord. But before we explore the castle, we’ll continue to explore the shops and eateries of Arendelle in all its magical splendor, and see how the town itself is celebrating this special occasion.

RMv84r4G7thQKistVTWHkzjhKpv39hFf8OSypZrjvSiYXw6rHn3dqf2gXxO7k1k79UKOoIF9d0da_5knuHpDLXgxDEZWwKciyb46weYkaTh9Ge3SXbWqaXdvTNJhVDtH8061dbYU

Across a cobblestone footbridge and into the heart of town, we first visit Troll Handel (that's Norwegian for "The Troll’s Dungeon"), marked by a wooden troll beckoning for passers by to drop-in for a spell. Miniature trolls, authentic glassware and other imports of the Scandinavian culture are all for sale. The neighboring Restaurant Ved Elven ("Restaurant by the River") basks along the water’s edge from a dockside dining area, its menu: lefse for breakfast and meatballs for dinner, just to name a few. Olaf’s Holiday Hearth celebrates the splendor of the season - each season in fact, from the summer to the spring. Each holiday is showcased in a unique and interchanging collection of ornaments, miniature villages and handmade decor. The glistening, ice-crafted tree of Olaf’s Frozen Adventure twinkles come December, its glistening lights casting an illumination for the impressive display of nutcrackers, boselwood trinkets and tiny villages awash in the Christmas spirit. Arendelle Treats fills the air with the wafting scent of its freshly baked pastries and candies, an “old world” bakery typical of a Norwegian bakeshop. Of course, expect to find lots and lots of chocolate-related goodies.

The frozen - literally - fountain in the heart of town marks the entrance to the lavish and celebrated Crown Jewel Theater, noted for its soaring clock tower-turned glockenspiel. Once at our seat, we are invited to join in the fun of For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration, a comical re-telling of the story of how true love thawed the frozen heart, narrated by a comical duo of historians, Erik and Aria. On-screen lyrics and apperances by Anna, Elsa and Kristoff make for one musically fun time for all. It all ends with a spectacular chorus of “Let it Go”, which culminates in an indoor-snowfall, respectively.

2fi2IaaEE3v61pBhCk96QnSe2ZsWBYBteI_uTv3dtxlYX1BITZaBCIJb5uttnWrlpB0QRaca0fHaLXqV197dMRtngMqo3Udlw8Da28MgxE3Nz2aGTof3BkIqsnWaz3T_dwAnydUT

The spectacular facade of Arendelle Castle stands as yet another castle in Fantasyland, the third castle to be found here. At first glance, a flurry of snowflakes appear to constantly flow heavenward from the highest tower, perhaps the doing of an unseen Elsa. Regal bunting bearing the back-to-back silhouettes of Elsa and Anna points our path down a cobblestone road and to the wide-open gates of the fantastical palace. Inside, we are cordially invited to enjoy a personal audience with the heroes of Frozen. A quick tour of Arendelle Castle’s well-appointed halls and chambers ends in a spacious greeting chamber, where Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Olaf are waiting, ready to share "warm hugs" with all those who come to meet them.

On the farthest outskirts of the kingdom is the mighty North Mountain, where Elsa's ice palace resides. The North Mountain is truly a glorious natural sight, and the perfect place for photo ops. Oh, and be sure to keep your eyes peeled: you may see the Disneyland Railroad pass by on a rocky bridge in front of the mountain! Built into this mountain is an ice cave, our entrance into Frozen Ever After.

V5kQ6bd_GhDQ4yijT5WOo0JpHipwiOJERJI0p0UNzbGE4CrLKXS3bH92MDKMVssr1q9n__-2brefdw8Mq8f3pMjQPUQAtegnSpKDDJN-g2hEtXhR4JUZJkfPhCrwGjb9qvXCYUnN

A quick pass through the ice caves of the North Mountain, complete with a few interactive elements to keep the little ones entertained, we hope aboard our very own ice-cutter's sled and travel ahead toward the icy blue world of the North Mountain. A musical Olaf and Sven greet us as we glide thru the shimmering light of a glistening willow forest, soon greeted by a family of friendly trolls. Our upward ascent into Queen Elsa’s Ice Castle leads into the musical journey of a lifetime, ending in a downward drop down the icy slopes of the North Mountain, past a now-friendly Marshmallow, and into Arendelle, where Anna, Elsa and the beloved characters of Frozen "make today a perfect day" in a brand-new finale scene not found in the Walt Disney World version of the attraction.

RARE%2BSHDL%2BFantasyland%2Bart1.jpg

The fjords of Arendelle serve as a perfect transition into the sixth and last sub-area of Fantasyland: Fantasy Harbour. Fantasy Harbour is a quaint, medieval seaport from a bygone, perhaps romanticized era. The buildings here are mostly inspired by the architecture of many a Mediterranean seaport, although English Tudor does play a part in a few locations. As such, the stories represented here highlight classic Disney stories inspired by the cultures and styles of the sea and of the Mediterranean. In this proud seaport, many a classic fairy-tale has found its beginning, from the voyages of Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid to the daring adventures of Peter Pan. Even Clopin, the macabre-humored narrator of The Hunchback of Notre Dame has found a place in Fantasy Harbour...

latest

In what appears to be the hideaway of runaway gypsies, we hear the warm music and unmistakable laughter of a celebratory feast... Perhaps a feast of fools? Indeed, we have discovered the Harbour Theatre, an open-air theater, shielded from the elements by a colorful canopy, that serves as home to one of the most breathtaking theatrical productions in Disney Parks history. In The Hunchback of Notre Dame: A Musical Adventure, we gather in the Court of Miracles, the gathering place of the gypsies found deep within the catacombs of 18th-century Paris, for an unforgettable re-telling of Quasimodo's inspired tale. With only gargoyles to keep him company in the bell towers of Notre Dame Cathedral, Quasimodo longs to be with other people, leading to his chance encounter with the enchanting gypsy Esmeralda. When the beautiful young woman catches the attention of Quasimodo's guardian, the sinister Judge Claude Frollo, Quasimodo must help to keep her out of his clutches. Topsy-Turvy Trinkets sits at the exit to the Court of Miracles, offering us merchandise based upon the 1996 film. Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Phoebus, Clopin, and even Frollo are often seen roaming the grounds outside the theater, always happy to meet some new friends.

disneyland_paris_pizzeria_bella_notte.jpg

Just a few steps away from the Harbour Theatre is another riverside restaurant--or I should say, two restaurants. First, we have Bella Notte. This is a charming Italian bistro themed after Lady and the Tramp, where you and your loved ones can enjoy some traditional Italian pizza and pasta in a peaceful, romantic atmosphere. And yes, spaghetti and meatballs are on the menu here. An extravagant eating garden sits on the banks of the river, offering dramatic views of Arendelle and of nearby Small World Plaza. Now, after enjoying a good meal, dessert is in order, right? Well, you're in luck, because just next door is Signor Buontalenti's Gelateria, an enchanting ice cream parlor named after the man who invented gelato, where you can treat your taste buds to a delicious range of Italian desserts, including a wide variety of gelato flavors.

6938930.jpg

On the other side of the harbor, a timbered Tudor building with roofs as blue as the sea mark the first building we come across. With its tallest roof topped with a weathervane depicting a pirate ship, this can only be the home of Peter Pan's Flight. Built in the true "E-Ticket" fashion, the time-honored attraction puts us aboard a flying pirate galleon, sprinkled with pixie dust, where we set sail with Peter Pan over the streets of London, past the second star to the right and straight on into the volcanic peaks, tropical flora and sparkling waterfalls of Neverland. A swashbuckling duel between Pan and Hook gets us hooked on faith, dust and a bit of pixie dust as the enchanted Jolly Roger takes flight and returns to the nursery of the Darling children.

It is only appropriate that Peter, Wendy, Hook and Smee all make meet ‘n’ greet appearances around and about Fantasy Harbour, often involved in humorous antics with one another. It is also appropriate that the Jolly Roger itself be docked just nearby Peter Pan's Flight, which offers a full-blown exploration of Captain Hook's famous pirate ship. Young marauders can scarper from port to starboard and inspect the cannons. But they mustn't let their guard slip for a second, as pesky pirates will have them walking the plank in no time at all! In a hidden grotto on the path between Fantasy Harbour and Storybook Village, we find the whimsical forest of Pixie Hollow, home of Tinkerbell and her fairy friends.

Entrance_Night-768x609.jpg

From Peter Pan's Flight, we move on to another English facade. Stately Tudor intertwines with a soaring clock tower and the iconic “rooftops of London.” A bustling park in the forefront is marked by cherry trees and chalk drawings. This can only be the location of one of the most elaborate E-Tickets ever to come to a Disney park: Mary Poppins' Jolly Holiday. Yes, this amazing ride, as designed by @kap91, would definitely make a home here. This idea was just too good not to use, frankly. Anyways, from a brick arch, we find ourselves passing through Cherry Tree Lane. Hopping aboard a vehicle designed to look like Mary Poppins' umbrella, we set off for the world only seen inside Bert's chalk drawings on an unforgettable, musical holiday through the peculiar world of P.L. Travers. In this curious world, we encounter dancing penguins, singing farm animals, nonsensical vocabulary, and even get involved in a horse-race! We exit out into Jolly Holiday Gifts, a shop selling anything that's everything related to Mary Poppins.

One might indulge in a yard of ale at Admiral Boom’s Pub, named for the eccentric neighbor of the Banks Family. Sea chanteys, displayed artifacts and dramatic murals portray life on the seven seas, where great naval battles, monstrous beasts, and violent storms pepper an unpredictable voyage. Other than fine English beers, fish and chips, bangers and mash, and black pudding are also available for patrons. And yes, this nautical-inspired eatery counts as why Mary Poppins is represented in Fantasy Harbour instead of elsewhere in Fantasyland. A quaint garden of shaped topiaries and tall hedges provide an appropriate meet 'n' greet for Mary Poppins and Bert, occasionally joined by a dancing penguin or two...

Like with Belle's Provincial Town, this "village" section of Fantasy Harbour is secluded from the rest of the land via an archway. On the other side of this archway, we find two worlds seemingly lost to time, taking pride in their seclusion...

1515351998309-png.255003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FssN9TAUAY

First, we come across a beautiful coastal beach, lined high with palm trees and rocky roads. The waters of Fantasy Harbour lap gently upon the sand as we enter. A proud galleon, circa 19th Century Denmark, appears docked near the shoreline, aptly christened The Little Mermaid. The old galleon belongs to none other than Prince Eric, even featuring a nautical figurehead with a near-exact resemblance to Ariel. A closer glimpse of the shores below reveal that, in addition to a large cluster of purple clamshells, a shimmering fork, or "dinglehopper" has also washed ashore...

Opposite the old galleon presides the weathered castle of Prince Eric himself, the fourth and final castle of Fantasyland. Entering the palace thru an underground cavern at low tide, we explore a series of abandoned chambers and halls, including a rotunda with mosaics portraying great sea battles with supernatural beasts - one such beast resembling Ursula the Sea Witch. A colorful seashell brings us fathoms below the surface in Voyage of the Little Mermaid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHh4ci2kn_k

Aboard our "floating" seashell, which floats on an aerial track, a la Peter Pan's Flight, we sail through the fantastic undersea world of Ariel, Sebastian, King Triton, Flounder and Ursula - without getting wet - in a musical adventure awash with scenes from the animated classic. We relive all the magic and romance of the 1989 classic, from Ariel's gadget-filled grotto to a sinister eel-infested lair. Voyage of the Little Mermaid is not derived from the existing Little Mermaid attractions. No, here, at last, the unbuilt Disneyland Paris concept finally comes to life!

Our seafaring adventures are brought to an end as we visit Ariel’s Grotto, the same cave where Ariel once yearned for the world above. Now a meet ‘n’ greet for the beloved princess, we are also invited to play interactive games with Scuttle while waiting to meet the little mermaid. Gadgets & Gizmos, built from the structural remnants of an old lighthouse, is the ultimate souvenir stop for all our Little Mermaid needs, with gadgets and gizmos aplenty and whose-its and whatsits galore! Nearby, Scuttle's Galley, owned by everyone's favorite seagull, sells drinks that, while familiar to us, are clearly unfamiliar to Scuttle. The result? Ridiculous names for the menu items. Here, "hot chocolate" is "hoot chalkboard." Here, "lemonade" is "lime grenade." Mmm-mmm, good.

c6cdad269362903a04644a3a3872d52d.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44LambNZgd4

The palms of this beach naturally transition into rolling green hills, trickling streams, and endless, patchwork fields of multi-colored flowers and temperate trees bathed in the colors of autumn. The remainder of Fantasy Harbour represents that of Ancient Greece, land of heroes and monsters, gods and goddesses, adventure and magic, a natural fit in the realm of mythical beasts. It seems only appropriate that Mount Olympus serves as the focal point of this ancient realm, the hilltop homestead of Zeus, Hera, Hermes, Bacchus, Poseidon, Aphrodite, Apollo, and...well, you know the rest. Grecian temples and homes line the surrounding plains, a bit odd, considering one of the first locations we see is a giant bronze head representing what appears to be that of a Grecian soldier...

tumblr_inline_mq07x5CFVc1qz7xjd.jpg

This is respectively the humble abode of Philoctetes, the short and stubby trainer of the one and only Hercules, not to mention several other legendary warriors throughout Grecian history. Although humans are far-too-short to step inside the giant head, Phil, Hercules, and Megara alike all make meet-n-greet appearances just outside among several other fountains and statues typical of Grecian ruins. Phil's Hero Training, the ultimate training session for any would-be hero is held just outside Phil's house. Here, trainees of a young age are given first-hand tips from both Phil and Hercules, as well as some hands-on "swordplay." The unexpected arrival of Hades and several of his Underworld creatures turns the training session into an actual free-for-all where we find our young heroes more victorious than Achilles's heel...sorry, too soon?

Proceeding further into this Grecian harbor, we find a small farming community living under the shadow of Mount Olympus, the town itself centered around a flower-entangled wishing well. The Hercules Store (as seen in Hercules), sells all the wares of any Hercules fan, including the ever-iconic Hercules action figure with "chest-bulging" action and better yet, the infamous "Air-Herc" sandals legitimately being sold for the first time ever, and yes, they are very comfortable. It's only fair that these comfortable sandals are advertised in a giant mosaic of Hercules on the outside of the building. Κήπος του Βάκχου, which translates to "Garden of Bacchus," is an authentic Mediterranean and Greek restaurant held within a fanciful Greek temple, all centered around a giddy fountain of Bacchus atop his drunken unicorn, as seen in Fantasia. Fine wines, gyros, and kebabs are all on the menu, and oddly enough, the purple liquid pouring out of the Bacchus fountain is actually wine...just kidding, it's water with purple dye in it. An outside window for the restaurant sells items that require less preparation, mostly the truly delicious "Herculade," served in the appropriate glassware. Think of this as Disneyland's own version of butterbeer, but really sweet and really fruity.

hercules_1997___hydra_fight_by_purpleground02-d5z7wf7.jpg

But by far, the biggest attraction to be found in this portion of Fantasy Harbour is found in the form of Hercules: Zero to Hero, an E-Ticket thrill ride through the world of Hercules. Rather than being a sequel, prequel, or recap of the movie, we join Hercules on an adventure not seen in the film, an adventure that feels a little similar to Tokyo's Journey to the Center of the Earth. Hopping aboard a Greek chariot, a la Ben-Hur, we journey off towards Olympus to embark on a tour of paradise led by Hermes. Suddenly, Hades decides that he cannot wait any longer for the planets to align, so he unleashes a slew of foul beasts (some not even seen in the film) upon Olympus to take the throne that is "rightfully his." The unexpected arrival of Hercules and Pegasus leads us to join the demigod in battle, with plenty of sight gags, too-close-for-comfort-encounters, a trip through the multiple gullets of the Hydra, and a climactic drop down Mount Olympus itself with a post-finale celebration led by the soulful Muses and some rather musical spectators.

And there we have it: our tour of Fantasyland is complete! But we're just getting started exploring Disneyland. In the next post, we'll head back to Central Plaza and take the path towards the mysterious jungles of Adventureland! See ya then!

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Adventureland

tkdbX4mt1D6Zt4SrsrTHn8Vl7Sig_VCeIZwkfggL8kQluqylWGwxpeZuiVehk_0ldbb8OjLCBn_-x0IkYSrZp-gq96BkTJ0jg1zprxxc0hZQuFWO4KQuy16G6untqQF0sWLdsZRu

Primeval, exotic and mysterious, Adventureland is a wonderland of both fact and fantasy. In this timeless realm of exploration and discovery, we leave the everyday world far behind, for here the atmosphere is filled with the sights and sounds typical of an isolated trading post on some hidden jungle waterway. Our senses are stirred by the sights of lush jungle foliage, the harrowing sounds of not-too-distant wild animals, and the aromas of tropical blossoms.

We answer the call to adventure via a rickety-old footbridge lined with decor reminiscent of pulp adventure films of the 30's and 40's; Polynesian masks and tikis, African shields and spears, primitive arrowheads, and...human skulls impaled on spikes... The giant thatched-sign welcoming us to the land glows eerily at night as bamboo torches illuminate the surrounding darkness. In the intense foliage below, unseen creatures snarl and screech, the Plaza Swan Boats drifting by in blatant caution of their surroundings. An old fisherman sits peacefully upon the river in his well-worn fishing boat, just "dead tired." His sun-bleached bones eternally clutch a fishing rod still cast out into the water. Nearby, a partially-collapsed dock boasts the muddy footprints of some jungle cat. It is on this dock that OB-CPO, a biplane belonging to one Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, has landed. Our adventure is about to unfold...

Stepping into Adventureland is like stepping into the reels of Raiders of the Lost Ark or The Jungle Book. The luscious and untamed landscape of the surrounding jungle hints at exploration and adventure... Rugged, weather-worn architecture of no specific origin protrude among the treetops, their occupants being the few brave merchants and settlers who dared to explore such an untamed region... Seldom ancient ruins decay among the plantlife, nearby excavation tools scattered nearby. This is truly a romanticized vision of an exotic world that never was, seemingly forgotten by time and pop culture. This sub-area of Adventureland is known as the Forgotten Kingdom.

acaa6303952e69a78e452d40ce1d3b0c.jpg

3ec4e8ecd4d5e8c1478b81cf1e9e3a0f.jpg

Long ago, the Forgotten Kingdom was nothing but thick jungles, where the only notable manmade creation was the mighty Temple of the Four Winds. Legend has it that the temple was erected as a lasting prison to contain the lethal power of the Four Winds, four brothers with unlimited control of the elements: North, over the ice and snow, South, over the fire and magma, West, over the ocean and river, East over the sand and earth. One day, the Four Winds engaged in an argument over who was the strongest. To prove his might, North froze the jungle over in a devastating blizzard. South, not wanting to be upstaged by his younger brother North, set the frosty jungle ablaze in an eternal wildfire. West, not wanting to be upstaged by his older brothers, doused the inferno with a torrential downpour, submerging the jungle in a devastating flood. East, being the youngest of the brothers, began to cry. He simply wished for the attention of his three older brothers. In doing so, his tears of sand created a devastating sandstorm that absorbed the floodwaters and created a terrible drought. The natives of the Forgotten Kingdom knew that these unstable spirits needed to be stopped, so, in an act of fear, they constructed a large temple to imprison and hold the Winds. Legends remain that, upon their release, the world would fall into a catastrophic apocalypse at their hands...

It seems that the temple would have been lost to time, but then, in 1930, notable archaeologist Dr. Henry Jones, better known as Indiana Jones, stopped at the island for supplies and discovered the fabled temple deep within the jungle. Unfortunately, Indy had also brought along his good friend Sallah, who decided to capitalize upon the popular mythology of the temple to fund the excavation. Much to Indy's dismay, Sallah opened the temple to tours from random visitors, such as you and I, with promises of potentially catching a glimpse of the Four Winds themselves. Soon enough tourists began flooding into the place, turning the desolate jungle into a luxurious tropical resort--the "Paradise Kingdom", as it came to be called. Tourists spent millions upon millions foolishly exploring the temple in search of treasures the likes of which no man had never known. With this success came a whole slew of hopeful entrepreneurs and shysters, ready to make quick money off the tourists. From all corners of the world they came, setting up their own restaurants, tacky gift shops and tourist traps, each one branding the style of their home turf. One notable visitor to the Paradise Kingdom was the wealthy sea captain Ambrose Gracey, who was so enthralled by the legend of the Four Winds and the spirit of adventure that he decided to permanently set down roots in the jungle, creating an elaborate mansion in the style of the grand manors of the American South from whence he hailed just south of town. Another hopeful entrepreneur was Dr. Albert Falls, the man who famously discovered Schweitzer Falls. He opened up the Jungle Navigation Co. to transport visitors into the jungles where they'd pay witness to a wonderland of nature's own design for just a small fee. All was well until 1934 when Indy mysteriously disappeared into the depths of the temple and perhaps even worse, Mr. Gracey suddenly died. Locals believed the misfortune to be the work of ancient spirits and fearing the worse, tourists and residents alike fled from the jungle, slowly turning the town into the "Forgotten Kingdom", as it came to be called.

Now, a hazy mist rains down from the trees as we enter the rundown colony, where tangled wires and excavation lamps illuminate the muddy streets and steamy swamps, flickering and fading in sync with a churning power generator in the heart of town. Crackling phonographs and old radios churn out big band rhythms of the ‘30s and ‘40s. Tattered canvas awnings, collapsed ruins and rusted excavation equipment establish a theme among the symphonic chatter of exotic birds, mischievous monkeys and the rhythmic pulse of distant tribal drums. Lush waterfalls, gurgling streams and lazy bayous flow into cattail-laced bogs, where giant leeches and hungry crocodiles undoubtedly lie in wait... Above the towering treetops, a crumbling, age-old temple looms before the haunting sunset, flamingos silently soaring past. Welcome to the Forgotten Kingdom, circa 1935.

ww75GC5cJjU35__xOzLLmiIf_8-fvYep10AXaLI7aLhXz1eprWMpfmnIFF8ycsy_OPo6OTUOhXnhF7TdN97PryxXu-AiQ9n45Ncen3rZxQJROax__bYNbVMjcGJymUvpMrUcBWmR

Amidst architecture reminiscent of the colonies of French-Polynesia, British-Colonial India and the Caribbean, we first come across the entrance to Tropical Imports, a vibrant merchant’s stall of fresh fruits, refreshing beverages and the elusive Dole Whip. It seems only fitting that Tropical Imports serve as a neighbor to the vibrant gardens of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. In these lush gardens, statues of the Tiki gods--Maui, Koro, Tangaroa-Ru, Hina, Pele, Ngendi, Rongo, and the big tree, Tangaroa--stand out among the palms and vibrant flowers. At certain intervals, these statues come to life accompanied by special effects. Inside the Tiki Room itself, you'll be treated to a "tropical serenade" featuring the singing of some 225 tropical birds, flowers and tiki gods. The macaw hosts of our show - José, Michael, Fritz, and Pierre - have welcomed hundreds of thousands of guests into their special "world of joyous songs and wondrous miracles." But beware--the Tiki gods are angered by the sounds of celebration. If you're not careful, you may find that out the hard way! The Paradise Aviary serves as a companion piece to the Enchanted Tiki Room, a luscious trip through tropical woods with encounters with real-life tropical birds and flowers. Typhoon Saloon, found across the way from the Enchanted Tiki Room, recalls the storm responsible for the foundation of Paradise Springs just five years prior. The decorative jaws of a great white shark prelude an entire collection of barracuda, piranha, and hammerhead shark fossils amid rusted anchors, barnacle clusters, and nautical artifacts. “Piranha Pete,” the gristly shopkeep, finds it fitting to display his still-breathing catches in the front window, a motley school of electric eels and bloodthirsty piranha. Fortunately, the delectable sushi selections more than make up for the grotesque decor.

Pulsing drums and a mysterious mist invite us to stand in a gathering of towering totems, the weathered, wooden faces of a primeval culture. As the drumming of the Ancients echoes amid an ethereal fog, look out - the mischievous Tiki gods are poised to burst in a torrential "flood." Located near the heart of town, the Liki Tikis is a Polynesian-inspired water playground for explorers looking to relax, refresh and enjoy a break from the dreadful weather of the mighty jungle. Nearby, we come across the Adventureland Bazaar, a yesteryear boutique of pith helmets, rubber snakes, shrunken heads, Hawaiian shirts and more, though Shrunken Ned is the real reason to visit the bazaar. The obvious victim of a foul headhunting incident, the “jungle witch doctor” is the island’s only self-service practitioner, offering useless medical advice at the drop of a coin. “Oh no,” Ned proclaims from his rusted meat hook as you display your tongue for examination. "It is worse than I ever imagined - we’ll have to remove the entire head! Luckily in your case, you won’t miss it! Ha ha! Yes, a bit of jungle humor there, eh, what?"

cjf189023LARGE.jpg

A near-decimated packing house, still laden with goods to be shipped overseas, hosts our favorite jungle friends, in particular, a famous orangutan, a groovy sloth bear, a sly meerkat, a militant elephant, a comical gorilla, and a wise mandrill, not forgetting Tarzan, Jane and Mowgli. The Adventureland Swingers, a Dixieland band in the vein of ol’ King Louie himself provide jazz and swing from an old storefront, aptly costumed in tattered uniforms, withered moss and sticky cobwebs. (By the way, if having two swing bands in the park is confusing, let me put it like this. By day, they're the Adventureland Swingers. By night, they're the Disneyland Swingers.) The Curious Giraffe, an outpost laden with the goods and acquisitions of an adventurous lifetime, finds its namesake in a very curious giraffe peeking thru a hole in the ceiling. The items for trade include costume jewelry, far eastern fashions, tribal masks, exotic candies, and handmade baskets, and all other kinds of Arabian and Middle Eastern goods. Aladdin, Jasmine, Abu and the Genie make their homes in the streets of the Forgotten Kingdom, often wandering about or staying put near a beautiful fountain found nearby The Curious Giraffe

Past the ramshackled bazaars and small cafes, we make our way down a flight of stairs toward the near-reclaimed stronghold of an old boathouse, worn from years of monsoon damage, now rotted and entangled in rich foliage and exotic fungi. What lies ahead is anyone’s guess… Tribal masks, hanging cargo nets, storied photographs, timber canoes, and preserved specimens stand out among the interior decor of this ominous explorer’s launch. This is what else but the world-famous Jungle Cruise.

w1OKcXK01rlCNPO2_ddgiV7MaLvWCLJxA-dBPpJY5byTr8Um4GrxQEhR1wEVFJ3aRmVe69_1bKR0mYOFxCxSWLi9cSkYbe0qvhmwmcZM_R7nR5kiQt4pA9ljXO5VD-NcIdv08hpQ

As we leave the last outpost of civilization, we venture out into the exotic heart of darkness, where beautiful plants, fearsome beasts and other remnants of a pulp fictitious yesteryear reside… Aboard one of sixteen 30-passenger riverboats, we travel down twisted, "danger-filled" rivers through impenetrable jungles and mysterious waterways, where dancing natives and charging hippos roam. A band of exuberant gorillas invade a deserted safari camp, while a frenzied rhinoceros attempts to teach a misguided film crew the point of "location, location, location." Per tradition, waiting around the final bend is Trader Sam, the jungle's head salesman, offering his collection of shrunken heads in a climactic "Two for One" sale. A few feet away from the boathouse is the wreckage of the Al E. and Gate R. Rafting Co. In 1925, long before Dr. Falls set up shop here, best friends Al E. and Gate R. established a short-lived whitewater rafting expedition through the jungle. Although the business was a failure, their own boathouse continues to lie near the Jungle Cruise, their abandoned office building now flooded, overrun with foliage, and infested with hungry alligators, the perfect water playground for kids and adults alike.

vwd0319399LARGE.jpg

In an alcove to the left of the boathouse, we find the entrance to an old cave, a cave where, as legend has it, shamans of jungle civilizations past gathered to weave the tales of the jungle. Some say these tales are still told, especially the tale known as the Legend of the Lion King. In this cave, the story of Disney's 32nd animated feature is brought to life. Utilizing large puppets, in-house effects, film clips, and Hans Zimmer's sweeping score, this is a show that is not to be missed.

lzuVPZzicU2v8xfY8N-ZHkULSNpU2TVkPOUrr9Nfmk5MTICRosfl5nWEU1YuONIuZhz8xUl_TLZyLtpHlQ0ygsqE0okvBXsnplrlzz7XRrcHH8ArPO3K93Mi9BuyzHYC7sT47aZL

Back ashore, our travels bring us back into the heart of town where a nineteen-foot Balinese Temple marks the entrance to the now-legendary Adventurer’s Club in its triumphant "world re-premiere." In this kooky, topsy-turvy mish-mash of a theater, restaurant, pub and museum, we find the decorative likes of old photographs, trophy heads, tiki totems, acquired artifacts, lavish portraits, awards and trophies, tribal masks, ancient sarcophagi, bizarre fossils, accursed idols, and received - stolen or otherwise - "gifts" from countless adventures across the globe. Managed by S.E.A. - Society of Explorers and Adventurers - the Adventurer's Club opened in light of the recent discoveries at the Temple of the Four Winds. Acting as a bit of refuge for intrepid explorers, weary archaeologists and raging drunks alike, we are first greeted by Colonel Critchlow Sunchbench, Club Glee-Meister and retired British colonel.

OTVnALVc08XZRH_yOFEWCpfYTnD7grxcTDQ8K8zaG9eztWuBMwwCcIEUsT5OQGiZ25KSizRlnFQquv8-VIL1FeV83gPWQaZroci6wCL8Y_GduZmhEQrAwCgP8g837kam6T_sHL-b

After a series of "rousing" anthems, courtesy of Sunchbench, we meander thru a multi-tiered complex of rooms and displays, each named for the various realms of adventure: the Main Salon, the Relic Room, the Arctic Room, the Orient Room, the Dinosaur Room, the Library, and the Zebra Mezzanine. Ancient relics and artifacts allude to past discoveries, some successful, others, such as an expedition detailing a trip to Everest, anything but. The old-fashioned elevator, adorned with magnificent paintings capturing the long-since past adventures of Harrison Hightower III and Smelding*, is apparently haunted by the wayward ghost of Hightower himself. Apparently, old Hightower is doomed to wander the earth for all-time, seemingly attached to the eerie Shiriki Utundu idol kept within a birdcage of the Relic Room.

Throughout the Adventurers' Club, we are able to talk with some of the more permanent residents of the club: club president Pamelia Perkins, aviator Hathaway Browne, club treasurer Otis T. Wren, absent-minded curator Fletcher Hodges, explorer/cabaret singer Samantha Sterling, Balderdash Cup winner Emil Bleehall, as well as his Boy Scout son, Emil Jr., faithful butler Graves, the maid (whose name is unknown) as well as a gypsy fortune-teller called Madame Zarkov. Other familiar friends include the Yakoose, a mounted animal head with unbeatable wit, Babylonia, a talking stone head, Arnie and Claude, a pair of talking masks, Fingers Zambezi, a haunted organ that plays itself, Jules Arronax, a giant squid that lives above the bar - able to pour shots with his tentacles - and Marcel, an unknown prancing about in an ape suit.

By day, the Adventurers' Club serves as an eccentric, interactive restaurant. But by night, it becomes one of the most popular spots in the resort, as all pandemonium breaks loose, becoming a happening club, just like back in the old days of Downtown Disney. But no matter, what way you slice it, the Adventurers' Club remains one of the most beloved parts of Disneyland, inviting one and all to "come in a stranger....and leave a little stranger." Kungaloosh!

From the weathered statues of panthers and elephants scattered thru the underbrush, to the faux storefronts helmed by some adventurer off on some fool’s quest, Adventureland is perhaps one of the most detailed lands ever conceived for a Disney Park. One such detail is that of an old phone booth, crawling in moss, still in operation. Picking up the receiver will barrage one’s ears with chatter and transmissions from various outposts in the surrounding region

Back in town, Crocodile Mercantile, South Seas Traders, and Safari Trading Co. compose a trio of neighboring shops. Crocodile Mercantile, with its crocodile-shaped sign, fishing net-decorated interior, and general Cajun-theme sells the likeliness of inventory related to Disney's animal-themed characters, from Simba to Nala. South Seas Traders, a Hawaiian outpost of sorts sells a collection of Hawaiian-inspired clothing and jewelry, the shop itself themed to a beachside shack of post-World War II Polynesia. Safari Trading Co., an African-inspired shop with the distinct theme of "adventure," sells the likes of pith helmets, pop-guns, stuffed animals, rubber snakes and spiders, "shrunken heads," and so on so forth. On the other side of town, Bamboo Alley provides a selection of goods and services from the Far East: China, Japan, Thailand and the Philippines. Ornaments of jade, oriental carvings, rugs and other fine products grace the lavishly-appointed shelves and displays. The sweet aroma of pineapple drifts from Trader Sam’s Outpost, a one-of-a-kind smoothie bar in the midst of tacky decor reminiscent of American Tiki Culture. Though out on business in the jungle, Trader Sam runs his juice bar with utmost pride, his proud collection of shrunken heads and skulls hanging from his favorite chandelier.

1TMjGO9gbKurTRxpTW34PAbDdqtzDAmBNTkscd5XL0ywNxJ0DzEeDXmqE_usJBp2PHn7m6nrGU7fuTHDYOOWsr-IVoNBV30ZeVt93s7f7jqYQIZC_Foqz7QxPzFUSQUgi0Wrv8Hz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubZrAmRxy_M

The South Pacific Theatre hides among the tall palms and volcanic rocks of a hidden spring, where the timeless tale of Moana is retold before our listening eyes and ears. Moana: Legend of the South Seas recalls the musical adventure of Moana and Maui in their quest to restore the heart of Te Fiti. Spectacular effects and puppetry assist live performers as the ocean appears to dance and swirl on the stage before us. Nearby, we find the Grotto of Motunui, a space evoking the ambience of a South Seas paradise, with lush foliage, cascading waterfalls and exotic blossoms. This is the place to go if you want to meet Moana herself.

DzSwYmUXDFWvBdpluf8wkP3BXzLccgK5rWTHANiERhZGzKUDxx3zYBblMvwFzJA4oN1dp3JOvTYiTfizbxANc-xKGglF3Q7e-XQkg1NlZxOiGoc82S_ZF_oNCEryx3ABQlxerr-2

Venturing past the last outpost of civilization and journeying deeper and deeper into the jungle, we stop by Crazy Eddie’s Safari Supplies, the real "last outpost of civilization." Good ol’ Eddie has been thru heck and back to park his old caravan in these parts - if the flattened tires and poison darts mean anything - and boy, oh boy is he happy to sell his wares: sunblock, sunglasses, pith helmets, fedoras, canteens, and sun hats. Eddie’s still-functioning phonograph starts a consistent musical theme with the remainder of Adventureland, leading us toward the queue of our most enthralling adventure yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgncJgSbbck

As discussed at the beginning of our tour of the Forgotten Kingdom, world renowned archaeologist, Dr. Indiana Jones, accompanied by Sallah, washed ashore after an artifact trade with René Belloq on a passing airship went awry. Soon taken in by the friendly folks of the Paradise Kingdom, Indy recognized the island as the location from the legends the Kingdom became famous for, believing that the mythical Temple of the Four Winds could indeed reside deep within the jungle. Sure enough, it did, and by 1934, word had spread across the globe, turning Paradise Springs into an overnight tourist destination. But, as stated before, soon thereafter, something terrible happened...

"Dateline: Forgotten Kingdom, 1935. Visitors to the Temple of the Four Winds continue to arrive by the hundreds. They’ve all heard the tantalizing tales of fantastic gifts from the gods… However, darker tales have emerged. Visitors are claiming their loved ones to be disappearing inside… Could this be the work of faulty mechanics? Or the dirty work of supernatural forces? Reports have returned to world famous archaeologist, Dr. Indiana Jones, the man responsible for this great discovery. Jones returns to the site of the temple, assuring he will crack the case of the missing tourists. Our newsreel cameras follow Dr. Jones as he enters the temple. Two weeks later, and still, no Indiana Jones. His faithful friend Sallah stands vigil. Will Jones solve the case of the missing tourists? Or will he join in on an eternity of peril? When, and if he does, we will be there… Waiting." - Newsreel Bulletin, 1935

Nestled along the banks of a misty, forgotten river engulfed by a symphony of waterfalls, an overgrown bamboo forest gives way to the Garden of the Four Winds, a lasting tribute to the Forgotten Kingdom's patron deities: North, South, East, and West. Crumbling statues and cracked columns point a path toward the most daring attraction in all Adventureland: Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Four Winds.

tOhWd35ZD-qJZdCrQmndl0Fxws0lOBmH_VaYvt7Lk7Xq3pehrL5U-nk8QOjRIABM8lKkOjIKXoz2_Ch9wtu6qzHHy0l9b_2htQ1Lu4iOccSEv8qU_Jvm1F0AoJer6O-4EX0n13C7

We follow Indy's footsteps into the dig site, where deadly booby traps, ancient relics and mysterious tales await. Study carvings and frescos unveil the story of the Four Winds. As previously stated, a struggle for power between the supernatural siblings led to their concealment within the hulking temple, just centuries ago. Legends remain that, upon their release, the world would fall into a catastrophic apocalypse at their hands... Undeterred by these warning signs and eager to make a profit, Sallah organized tours and set up shop deep within the temple, assuring would-be adventurers that treasures beyond their wildest dreams would await them inside... Despite Indy's initial reluctance, tourists began to disappear without a trace. Even so, Indy went into the temple to investigate, and hasn't been seen since...

Unearthed artifacts and the remnants of an archaeological dig lead us toward a rusty motor pool, where well-worn troop transports await us for an unforgettable journey through a fantastic subterranean world. An off-road trip across a rickety suspension bridge leads us through ancient jungles and into the heart of the age-old Temple of the Four Winds. Inside, our most incredible expedition begins...

With Indy's help, we escape the supernatural wrath of the Four Winds, whose powers lead to eternal torment. We careen along precarious precipices that plummet into molten lava, avoid the screaming undead mummies of the temple's past victims, evade the waters of a torrential flood, swarms of insects and evil wraiths, a deadly sandstorm, the awe-inspiring, elemental power of the Four Winds. Only one man is brave enough--or crazy enough--to save us... Indiana Jones! Naturally, we exit through a gift shop; Sallah's Souvenirs to be precise; the ultimate Indiana Jones gift shop.

fIByzcpF6jzTkfmCDzrk1WKf70ifjd5a8NCZIRuygK0qwNYDjmOnrFyWfTTIpUK1gKUAK9IJug853qfZP9PPhxpSu9vETHkQyBAJZUMogsjI6oHGcP1XoCXb_CzlQbYoxKfDPdza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeLXcHWxjkQ

Hungry from our adventures with Indy, we march our herd down to the curious, yet strangely nostalgic Adventureland Veranda. Inside, a collage of tropical patterns, intricate tiles, weather-worn latticework, and French-colonial lighting fixtures bring us to discover the music of Hawaii with all the culinary flavors of China and the Middle East. This melting pot of exotic influence rests on a pier built above a patch of swampland. Flavorful offerings and quaint refrains of the South Seas complete the immersive dining experience. Overhead compartments overflow with suitcases and excavation gear, while kitschy license plates, international flags and military memorabilia adorn the walls. From the outside veranda, interspersed scenery hints at an ongoing excavation in the swampland below. Ancient statues, picks, shovels, lanterns, and a fedora-clad skeleton all set an intriguing tone, as do a tower of rickety crates addressed to several notable figures: Lord Henry Mystic (Mystic Point, Papua New Guinea), Club Obi Wan (Shanghai, China), and Ambrose Gracey (New Orleans, Louisiana). The latter address is a bit mysterious as - if the tabloids are true - Ambrose Gracey has recently perished in an apparent suicide...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPM_66dgUyc

Now, there's still one more stop we need to make in the Forgotten Kingdom. Most people don't even realize that it's here. But, if you take a path in-bertween the Enchanted Tiki Room and the rivers of the Jungle Cruise, you'll discover a world not meant to be seen by mortal eyes; a world showcasing the dark side of adventure. The jungle streets have grown tired, cracked and disheveled. The swinging big band music has silenced here. An ethereal wind blows, broken only by the howls of unknown creatures. In honor of the dearly departed Ambrose Gracey, this corner of Adventureland has been left to rot, as if it itself were a corpse. A peculiar chill fills the air as we shyly step across the path.

436682414c0c064753ad16dfd3a75b44--haunted-mansion-pho.jpg

In an alcove nearby Gracey's ancestral home, shielded by the dense jungle foliage, we find the Memento Mori Graveyard, final resting place of the Gracey family. No matter where they were when they died, their bodies were sent to be buried next to the family's beloved patriarch. In addition, gravestones are also set up for those who have died in the Forgotten Kingdom, including those who never returned from the Temple of the Four Winds. The decayed monuments and crumbled crypts portray an aura of foreboding… A quick look at the epitaphs proves that no one in the Kingdom seems to take death too seriously...

As I said, Memento Mori Graveyard is located just steps away from Gracey Manor, Ambrose's final resting place, barely noticeable by day, but carefully avoided by night. Strangely, the mansion's grounds and courtyards are painstakingly groomed and well-kempt, as is the graveyard that was set up nearby the mansion, but as night falls, eerie lights pass from window to window, while the unnatural silhouette of an otherworldly wraith peers out from the attic window. As it seems, the old manor is apparently abandoned, as it has been ever since Ambrose kicked the bucket. The well-worn wooden architecture, draped in all sorts of jungle foliage, as well as the clock-tower standing steadfast nearby, eternally stuck at XIII (the Roman numeral for 13), have given residents and tourists alike a similar viewpoint. That is no longer Gracey Manor. They've given it a new title: The Haunted Mansion.

Gracey Manor.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eavo08IXduQ

In keeping with the tradition of having this Disneyland classic be in a different land, Adventureland has been chosen to play host to this foreboding abode. But, fear not--Adventureland's Haunted Mansion is just as foreboding as the other four Haunted Mansions worldwide. A peculiar chill shivers through us... The hairs on our neck stand straight up... And we feel as if someone is watching as we hasten past the gardens and graveyards... A high, cast iron-fence stands around the property... Is it there to keep somebody out? Or something inside... The massive doors creak open, as our "Ghost Host" urges us to step "lively," others are just dying to get in... Disneyland's most spirited attraction, The Haunted Mansion features not only its 999 floating, jumping, dancing residents, but also possessed galleries, breathing doors, and other little surprises guaranteed to send shivers up the spine of even the bravest visitor. But we are not left to shiver on our own - a Ghost Host holds our company throughout the journey.

Our first stop: the once private gallery of Gracey Manor. The images seem to stretch, revealing the true nature of their seemingly innocuous happenings, bringing us into the boundless realm of the supernatural; a warped, dark dimension of floating objects, wispy spirits and frightful memories. We’re next ushered into a long hallway that’s lined with eerie paintings and photographs, and flooded with the sound of a violent thunderstorm. From here we board our black-hooded "Doom Buggy," our transport through a world of unearthly delights never before imagined… a supernatural journey through a labyrinth of frightful chambers. We glide past a casket-filled funeral parlor, a chilling séance circle, a haunting party in the grand ballroom, a "swinging" wake in the graveyard out back, and an unforgettable encounter in the attic, all guided by the ominous voice of our Ghost Host... But beware, although there are 999 happy haunts inhabiting this mansion, there’s always room for a thousand. Any volunteers?

It might be possible that Madame Leota, resident gypsy of Gracey Manor, once lived in the shop that now plays host to Swinging Wake Supplies. Resident gift shop of the Haunted Mansion - though located off the Gracey Estate - Swinging Wake Supplies is a reminder to "live life to the fullest as everyone is mortal." The skull on the marquee seems to hint at a grim fate for Leota, who disappeared decades prior. Perhaps the rumors of her disembodiment are true… The lost art of Spirit Photography has been reinvented here; a way for us to get in touch with the dearly departed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usW2tz6S418

Returning back to the center of town, our voyages through Adventureland takes us deeper into the jungles of the Forgotten Kingdom, so deep in fact that we travel further back in time; though this time, we stumble into the quiet years following the Golden Age of Piracy. In this 18th Century harbor of crumbling shipwrecks, winding waterways, and mysterious islands, many buccaneers once set sail for an adventure on the high seas, undoubtedly involving buried treasure, naval battles, and vile sea monsters along the way. Now, all that remains are relics of these adventurous tales, mere mementoes of a bygone era when Blackbeard terrorized the British Empire and Long John Silver may have very well existed… This is Uncharted Lagoon, the second and last sub-area of Adventureland, a lasting tribute to the adventure and lore of the High Seas.

So, what do you guys think? Stay tuned, because our journey through Adventureland isn't over yet!

BTW, I must give all credit to the "Temple of the Four Winds" idea to @MANEATINGWREATH. Now that the Nightmare King is Indy's adversary in your own park, I thought I'd take the Four Winds in.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom