News Disneyland Magic Key Program

mickEblu

I wouldn't expect it to line up one-for-one with day tickets policies. As this isn't really the same thing. Think of it as buying a new MK every time you renew. So in your example think of it as you bought the Tier 5 day ticket, used it, and now want another day but at a different tier. Just in the case with MKs its another years access instead of a single day.

Also I think the only real difference between the renewal policies for MKs and APs, was that with APs you can upgrade (provided the new AP was available) during the year and just pay the difference. Whereas with MKs you can only do it during renewal time.

It really wasn’t that deep. Just meant that Disney (and most companies really) usually make it easier to give them more money and less easy to give them less. Obviously this unique and ever changing AP program where they’re continuously threading the needle is a different animal

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They used to let me add parking for 200 dollars at renewal :( . Rest in Peace old AP program. I was grandfathered in to the cool
benefits like that as well as photopass even when they took it out from signature.
That used to be a cool thing for the old AP program, but two similar but ultimately different programs. What I meant was they didn't take options away during renewal of MK.

So with MKs specifically was it ever an option to add-on parking, as I thought it was never an add-on. It was either there in higher tiers and it wasn't in lower tiers.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It really wasn’t that deep. Just meant that Disney (and most companies really) usually make it easier to give them more money and less easy to give them less. Obviously this unique and ever changing AP program where they’re continuously threading the needle is a different animal
I understand, and with day tickets that lines up with your expectation of them making it easier to give them more money.

Vegas Disney Fan

I caved and renewed our keys today and Disney really does have the worst IT on the planet, kept getting an error code online trying to use my rewards card with the message to call them and reference the code, after waiting on hold for nearly an hour I finally got through and gave them the error code, which they had no idea what I was talking about. After about another hour on the phone trying different browsers, in cognito mode, various variations of my first, middle, last name they said they didn’t know why it wouldn’t work and I’d have to go to the ticket gate, when I told them I live 5 hours away they suggested I make a quick reservation before my Key expires in 3 weeks. Truly horrible. They couldn’t tell me why it wouldn’t work, couldn’t process it for me, and there only suggestion was drive 5 hours to talk to someone in person.

I finally just caved and used my credit card online, now I have $1500 in rewards sitting on a Disney rewards card. 🤦🏼‍♂️

My love/hate relationship with Disney grows every day.

CaptinEO

I caved and renewed our keys today and Disney really does have the worst IT on the planet, kept getting an error code online trying to use my rewards card with the message to call them and reference the code, after waiting on hold for nearly an hour I finally got through and gave them the error code, which they had no idea what I was talking about. After about another hour on the phone trying different browsers, in cognito mode, various variations of my first, middle, last name they said they didn’t know why it wouldn’t work and I’d have to go to the ticket gate, when I told them I live 5 hours away they suggested I make a quick reservation before my Key expires in 3 weeks. Truly horrible. They couldn’t tell me why it wouldn’t work, couldn’t process it for me, and there only suggestion was drive 5 hours to talk to someone in person.

I finally just caved and used my credit card online, now I have $1500 in rewards sitting on a Disney rewards card. 🤦🏼‍♂️

My love/hate relationship with Disney grows every day.
I had 2k in giftcards for magic keys and using them only caused checkout errors and I had to switch to the payment plan and use credit card instead for checkout to work. It's really bad.

mickEblu

I had 2k in giftcards for magic keys and using them only caused checkout errors and I had to switch to the payment plan and use credit card instead for checkout to work. It's really bad.

I had 3 Believe Keys in my cart and the site froze then crashed. Immediately saw the silver lining with the Imagine Keys though. It's a like a couple that doesn't necessarily want kids yet. You immediately go from "Oh No!" to "This is great!"

CaptinEO

I had 3 Believe Keys in my cart and the site froze then crashed. Immediately saw the silver lining with the Imagine Keys though. It's a like a couple that doesn't necessarily want kids yet. You immediately go from "Oh No!" to "This is great!"
Very interesting, so on one hand you didn't get the key you initially wanted but seems like you ended up with a better result.

Maybe Disney was telling me to use my gift cards for something else?

mickEblu

Very interesting, so on one hand you didn't get the key you initially wanted but seems like you ended up with a better result.

Maybe Disney was telling me to use my gift cards for something else?

Lol. I think so. That’s how I took it. The universe said you know what - your daughter IS starting preschool this month.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Magic Key passes will be once again available to purchase beginning tomorrow, March 5, 2024. All 4 pass types will be available.

The online queue opens no earlier than 8:45am PT, and sales begin no earlier than 9:00am PT.
Nothing like some good old fashion artificial demand😉

AJFireman

1130 AM PST: All 4 keys still available and only an 8 Minute wait in the queue. Looks like demand for new keys are going down or they are increasing the amount of Key Holders.

Nirya

Or they absolutely biffed it with the January release, announced it in advance and had to cut it off early. This one was seemingly only announced yesterday.

AJFireman

Today they had guest looking to line up at the ticket booths sign up to be texted when its their turn in line. Also added this web page with details regarding purchasing/upgrading purchasing a pass It answers so many most asked questions that I see out there

1709676532428.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom