News Disneyland Forever returning June 7; Mickey's Mix Magic to end daily run June 6

Emmanuel

That would be great.

Another thought on Kiss Goodnight, maybe it was cut last night because with the show delay it was getting too close to the 2nd showing of Fantasmic and they needed to clear out the area, let’s see what happens on a night where it’s not delayed.

Just saw Disneyland Forever from the Rivers of America. I can confirm that Kiss Goodnight has indeed been cut permanently

Emmanuel

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 9.46.43 PM.png

Disneyland Forever got canned tonight due to winds. Mix Magic was to run in its place so its still around but its now the backup plan in case fireworks can't run. And to add more salt to the wound to those there tonight, Mix Magic was also canceled due to technical difficulties

Last edited:

jrhwdw

View attachment 380379

Disneyland Forever got canned tonight due to winds. Mix Magic was to run in its place so its still around but its now the backup plan in case fireworks can't run. And to add more salt to the wound to those there tonight, Mix Magic was also canceled due to technical difficulties
Why can't they do Forever's cancelled show?: Forever's Finale and Kiss Goodnight? They could if Kiss Goodnight came back! Rollseyes!

Is there anyway DL Forever could get a B Show like Believe had last year? Or is it too long to fill it with just low pyro?

I understand the winds above DL, but what's with the tech problems????? DL Forever almost didn't debut on Fri because of tech problems. Has Mix Magic had these problems the last few weeks?

Disney Analyst

I wouldn’t be concerned. Computer systems like to do wonky things sometimes. Especially if they are trying to switch between two different programmed show... which are years apart so software and such updates and changes... they’ll get the kinks worked out.

DLR>WDW

After watching both shows side by side, I’ve noticed that the 2019 version, understandably, has less overall fireworks and no specialized fireworks. The hearts during Tangled have no replacement and the shapes during Pooh are replaced with basic fireworks. There’s also some instances of missing castle pyro during the middle of the show. Didn’t notice when I watched on Friday and Saturday so it isn’t really a big deal, but they clearly had to lower the costly nightly-budget if he show.

Squishy

After watching both shows side by side, I’ve noticed that the 2019 version, understandably, has less overall fireworks and no specialized fireworks. The hearts during Tangled have no replacement and the shapes during Pooh are replaced with basic fireworks. There’s also some instances of missing castle pyro during the middle of the show. Didn’t notice when I watched on Friday and Saturday so it isn’t really a big deal, but they clearly had to lower the costly nightly-budget if he show.
They're probably using left over mix magic pyro

MTBaymax

The show has returned to its original 2015 state with shaped fireworks and a much more punchy finale. Looks spectacular!
The mere fact that they ADDED more fireworks, never mind maintained the 2015 package - and especially amongst those ugly “cutting back on pyro” rumors - is amazing in itself. Now it’s just that much better than it was the first time around.

Disney Analyst

The mere fact that they ADDED more fireworks, never mind maintained the 2015 package - and especially amongst those ugly “cutting back on pyro” rumors - is amazing in itself. Now it’s just that much better than it was the first time around.

It's good to note, if they decided to bring this back with short notice, often the custom pyro takes a while to come in, and they may have had extra Mix Magic Pyro to blow... which is why there were some pyro differences when the show first arrived, to now.

Disney Analyst

So, turns out that “additional” pyro was a tester.

For the B show.

Although they do now have a b show for Forever (I believe this is the new place since last Believe in Holiday when they started b shows), the additional pyro was just adding back the missing pyro. I believe the show up until July 4th did not have the custom pyro yet from the previous run, and was likely using up the rest of the Mix Magic pyro. So you can expect the full pyro package now, plus them using what pyro they can from that for the b show.

And watching it fully, it appears they are able to add some more castle pyro not found in the normal show if they are running b mode.

Last edited:

MTBaymax

For the record, this was what I meant by the additional pyro - getting the regular shells back and adding the B shells.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom