DISNEYLAND FOREVER - Photos/Video, Reviews & Thoughts

Travel Junkie

Got see the show last night. It is a great show but doesn’t quite resonate with me as much as RDCT. Perhaps part of that is still having the catchy PTN soundtrack still stuck in my head. :)

The spotlights all over the park are amazing. It adds a level of grandeur that can’t be appreciated in videos. The projections on Main St. didn’t really do it for me. A couple of them were cool but overall I don’t think Main St. is the best canvas for projection technology. It’s not a flat surface and you are so close it ruins the illusion. I’ll have to see the show from a few different areas, but my guess is my favorite spot to see the show will not be Main St. Overall though this is a great addition and kudos to all those involved.

Random side note. Just as the show was about to start a huge smoke ring was floating high above Main St., from WOC

dweezil78

The projections on Main St. didn’t really do it for me. A couple of them were cool but overall I don’t think Main St. is the best canvas for projection technology. It’s not a flat surface and you are so close it ruins the illusion.

I haven't seen the show live yet, but just from everything I've seen online I've thought the same thing. The technology seems wasted or at least very under-utilized here for all the cool things you can do with it. I think the surfaces themselves are actually fine, it's just that they did very little in the way of 3D mapping and instead are just projecting video on the building rather than playing off the features of the architecture. They seem to do it here and there during the show, but not a ton. There also may be too much ambient light around for it to be effective...

All that said, it's still really cool to see them using Main St. and other structures around the park as an additional show elements!!!

Stevek

Here are the Matterhorn projections. Nicely done. After watching the videos a couple of times it's really a beautiful show but my biggest complaint is that it has nothing to do with Disneyland. Disney movies, yes, but really not about Disneyland...with a name of Disneyland Forever.

Sage of Time

Saw the show on Sunday. My dirty little secret is that Remember is not my fave. I hated the rehash of the Wishes soundtrack with the screeching kids and the stupid song. The tour of the park section was great, but overall - not my fave. I actually preferred Magical (put your pitchforks down).

Forever beats both in my book. The experience on Main Street was spellbinding and seamless. Gorgeous new soundtrack, awesome effects. The orange grove opening! I died.

I feel like flying Nemo wasn't the strongest choice - I loved Dumbo in Magical and would have happily had him back, but Nemo was still entertaining. The Matterhorn eruption was a perfect touch.

This and PTN is a killer combo, and the one to beat.
Can you see the Matterhorn erupt from Main Street? I'm trying to picture that sight line.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
I noticed the fire from the castle has not been present the last couple of nights. Was this cut because it illuminated the Matterhorn too much for the projections to be effective?

Vegas Disney Fan

I love that they've created alternate viewing options for this, I'll always love watching fireworks from the hub/main street area but will have to see this from not only my normal spot but also IASW and Fantasmic. The projections on the Matterhorn and IASW look fantastic.

FigmentForver96

Here are the Matterhorn projections. Nicely done. After watching the videos a couple of times it's really a beautiful show but my biggest complaint is that it has nothing to do with Disneyland. Disney movies, yes, but really not about Disneyland...with a name of Disneyland Forever.

I thought about that same thing with it being named that, but then I thought about the opening song "Live the Magic". One line in particular says "Step into the magic, watch the stories come to life." So maybe the message they are trying to prove is that Disneyland will have imagination forever, and that imagination brings the stories to life?? I know I am probably over thinking it, but that was my thought.

Stevek

I thought about that same thing with it being named that, but then I thought about the opening song "Live the Magic". One line in particular says "Step into the magic, watch the stories come to life." So maybe the message they are trying to prove is that Disneyland will have imagination forever, and that imagination brings the stories to life?? I know I am probably over thinking it, but that was my thought.
We're probably both overthinking it and should just enjoy it for the spectacle that it is ; )

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Did I hear correctly that Town Square lost a couple of trees to allow for better viewing? If true, it's a slippery slope....I'd hate to see this trend continued.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom