Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
Less than 30 minutes before the very first DL Fantasmic performance since April 2023

I know these chances are slim to none, but I'm hoping among the 30-33 characters that will be on the Mark Twain tonight for Fantasmic, that we could see the Disney Parks debut of Luz Noceda from The Owl House & Molly McGee from The Ghost & Molly McGee, as fellow TV Animation character, Princess/Queen Elena of Avalor has been making appearances on the Mark Twain at the end of the show despite their television series having ended prior to Fantasmic West's year long hiatus due to the fire that was the demise of the dragon

Elena in Fantasmic before April 2023

Enjoy Fantasmic 2.5 tonight, see ya friends

Emmanuel

Less than 30 minutes before the very first DL Fantasmic performance since April 2023

I know these chances are slim to none, but I'm hoping among the 30-33 characters that will be on the Mark Twain tonight for Fantasmic, that we could see the Disney Parks debut of Luz Noceda from The Owl House & Molly McGee from The Ghost & Molly McGee, as fellow TV Animation character, Princess/Queen Elena of Avalor has been making appearances on the Mark Twain at the end of the show despite their television series having ended prior to Fantasmic West's year long hiatus due to the fire that was the demise of the dragon

Elena in Fantasmic before April 2023

Enjoy Fantasmic 2.5 tonight, see ya friends

I clicked the link and thats my Instagram LOL. I feel proud of that pic considering I was by the waterfront with a 70mm-300mm Tamron Lens on my Sony A7IV

gerarar

Premium Member
Last minute thought, but if the Aladdin/Jasmine magic carpet didn't survive the fire, will that segment before the princess barges run in B-mode (before was just a projection sequence)? Or was it cut out for the show completely considering the show's runtime got reduced by -2 mins.

Guess we'll see very soon.

TP2000

I recommend SoCal Haunts And Parks as they always get great angles and don't usually talk through shows

Perfection. Thank you so much! They've got a great spot right down in front too, next to the access walkway.

I already have a few thoughts on the general operation and vibe, but I'll wait until after the show. Until then, here's a toast with a French 75 and some Chocolate Mouse for @TheCoasterNerd and all of us longtime fans for a Fantasmic! return!

Cheers, gang! Now... let's Fantasmic!

5.24.24.jpg

SuddenStorm

The finale pyro and effects are way toned down from what I remember the 2017 show being. Unless I just don't remember right.

This is also a huge win.

Disney Analyst

Glad to see Mickey’s entrance restored.

Poor Aladdin and Jasmine… haha. A little ballet moment for them.

Added more pyro throughout the Maleficent segment. New pyro with the Old Hag. Added more finale pyro, more in time with music now.

TP2000

A few Deep Thoughts...
  • Crowd control CM's need to remember they are not the show. That guy in the walkway who did a 5 minute monologue and made it all about him was cringey. If there's safety instruction or show information that need to be communicated, keep it to 15 seconds or less. Otherwise, there's a stand up comedy club in Fullerton for honing your craft.
  • The industrial, white plastic hand sanitizer machine strapped to the themed New Orleans Square lamp post is just dumb.
  • There sure are a lot of Screenz now, aren't there. Show is half over and there's already a lot of previously live action segments that have been replaced by screenz and more screenz. It's like World Of Color North.
  • Nice to see the Peter Pan segment back! And I see the Columbia is now Powered by Evinrude. The show's been down for over a year and they didn't get the Columbia ready to sail on her own power? Dumb.
  • Much of music seems tweaked a bit. So far, it's a good upgrade. Maybe this was stuff from the early 20's, but I can't remember.
  • So the dragon caught on fire, they closed the show for over a year, just so they could... reopen the show without any dragon at all? Make that make sense, please. That easy/cheap option should have been a 60 day closure, tops.
  • Mark Twain finale'... a bunch of Characters are missing. Was it the Bird Flu? Or TDA cutbacks?
This is not an improved show. This is not a plussed up show. This is simply a show that was closed for a year and then brought back in a slimmed down and budget cut version of its previous self. A bunch of live action and human actor/dancer segments are missing. Previous floats are missing, previous stunts and physical props are missing. It's a lazer light show without nearly as many human performers as it used to have.

I give this show a C+. I don't need to make a special trip this summer to see it. That's sad. :(

D.Silentu

I noticed that Hook didn’t do his swinging off the stern stunt. It’s definitely still part of the show, because he was ready.

Epcot81Fan

A few Deep Thoughts...
  • Crowd control CM's need to remember they are not the show. That guy in the walkway who did a 5 minute monologue and made it all about him was cringey. If there's safety instruction or show information that need to be communicated, keep it to 15 seconds or less. Otherwise, there's a stand up comedy club in Fullerton for honing your craft.
  • The industrial, white plastic hand sanitizer machine strapped to the themed New Orleans Square lamp post is just dumb.
  • There sure are a lot of Screenz now, aren't there. Show is half over and there's already a lot of previously live action segments that have been replaced by screenz and more screenz. It's like World Of Color North.
  • Nice to see the Peter Pan segment back! And I see the Columbia is now Powered by Evinrude. The show's been down for over a year and they didn't get the Columbia ready to sail on her own power? Dumb.
  • Much of music seems tweaked a bit. So far, it's a good upgrade. Maybe this was stuff from the early 20's, but I can't remember.
  • So the dragon caught on fire, they closed the show for over a year, just so they could... reopen the show without any dragon at all? Make that make sense, please. That easy/cheap option should have been a 60 day closure, tops.
  • Mark Twain finale'... a bunch of Characters are missing. Was it the Bird Flu? Or TDA cutbacks?
This is not an improved show. This is not a plussed up show. This is simply a show that was closed for a year and then brought back in a slimmed down and budget cut version of its previous self. A bunch of live action and human actor/dancer segments are missing. Previous floats are missing, previous stunts and physical props are missing. It's a lazer light show without nearly as many human performers as it used to have.

I give this show a C+. I don't need to make a special trip this summer to see it. That's sad. :(
Reopening without a new/improved dragon (the actual logo of the show) is the perfect example of what current Disney management thinks of the rubes who actually pay to go to a theme park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom