Disneyland Fantasmic Dragon Engulfed in Flames

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No

Emmanuel

So do you think we'll hear anything new at the Town Hall on the 28th? They did say they'd share things in the coming weeks

Probably not the place to announce those kind of things even if plans are ready to be announced. More likely it'll be a Disney Parks Blog Post that'll pop up when its ready.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Bob and the presidents (including Josh) of the different divisions of the company are doing a Cast Member/media town hall to discuss the future of the company
I think the "future building opportunities for each segment" doesn't literally mean building with bulldozers, etc. Iger is just going to say the same things again...more franchises for the studios, more IP in the parks, yada yada yada...

Disney Analyst

Unsure if this is related to the rain, but caught this in Theme Park Obsession's latest video:

Screen Shot 2023-11-16 at 5.20.29 PM.png

Possible work underway?

gerarar

Premium Member
I was at Disneyland last Saturday (11/18). Was my first time there in over a decade; last trip was in 2010 (barely remember much besides lots of construction in DCA and walls!).

Was very sad I wasn't able to get to see Fantasmic! I've always wanted to see it for years and this (rare) trip was suppose to be that time. Unfortunately things out of my control prevented that.

Anyways, I spotted some work happening on Tom Sawyer Island, similarly to what @Disney Analyst posted above. I didn't get to go on TSI myself since we were limited on time and only had a day to do everything in DL and DCA, so wasn't able to see the work up close lol
20231118_114557.jpg

20231118_114602.jpg

Hopefully on my next DL trip, whenever it will be, F! will be back and running in full force. I rarely make the trip out west, but will be anticipating it until then!

AJFireman

From Todays Disney Parks Blog:

Beginning May 24, the nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!” will once again illuminate the Rivers of America in Disneyland park, featuring new special effects, a thrilling new battle scene between Sorcerer Mickey and Maleficent, plus the return of the iconic “Peter Pan” scene. In this treasured show, fantastic events and images from Disney stories come to life through soaring music, dozens of live performers, character appearances and state-of-the-art projections.

jrhwdw

Beginning May 24, the nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!” will once again illuminate the Rivers of America in Disneyland park, featuring new special effects, a thrilling new battle scene between Sorcerer Mickey and Maleficent, plus the return of the iconic “Peter Pan” scene. In this treasured show, fantastic events and images from Disney stories come to life through soaring music, dozens of live performers, character appearances and state-of-the-art projections.
WOW!

I wonder if Aladdin will stay in the Romance segment?

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No

Mega hot take but I prefer PotC to Peter Pan for Fantasmic

gerarar

Premium Member
WOW!

I wonder if Aladdin will stay in the Romance segment?
There's no incentive for them to rid of that Aladdin segment, other than to shorten the show. Plus they would need to rerecord or recompose that transition into BATB.

It would've even more news if they announced a return of the old princess medley lol

Edit: I just realized they're going have to re-edit the transition into the princess medley anyways because Peter Pan is being brought back for Pirates.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

You liked hearing Elizabeth screaming and yelling for help at Jack Sparrow for minutes?

She only screamed for help the first couple months of the new show. They reworked the dialogue to her telling him she doesn't need help.

Not that the change made the scene any better. It had 90% of the same choreography as the Peter Pan segment, but was 100% worse. Which is a wonderful example of the importance of theme and music in these things, and why a retheme like Salt Mountain is not a guaranteed home run.

wtyy21

I would expected the DL version of the show to return to its original Bruce Healey soundtrack, which is what the soundtrack currently used at DHS despite its 2022 revamp. Not a fan of 2017 F! soundtrack but the original 1992 soundtrack must preserved much for its heritage and legacy of the show.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I would expected the DL version of the show to return to its original Bruce Healey soundtrack, which is what the soundtrack currently used at DHS despite its 2022 revamp. Not a fan of 2017 F! soundtrack but the original 1992 soundtrack must preserved much for its heritage and legacy of the show.
I'd have to assume they're keeping the references to the Tokyo soundtrack, but hard to know. I've thought since April that this new version would be a 3.0 - a blend of both versions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom