Disneyland expected to be closed through end Q1 2021.

Old Mouseketeer

and that's what the article says but the kind gentleman from Orange County can't be bothered to read it. Instead he tries to get the post deleted by running up the "anti-science" flag pole
OK, it would have been more accurate for me to recognize that the article quotes from relevant government documents, but the article is still framed in the propaganda viewpoint of the website. And the fact remains that the federal government owns and directly controls 18.5 million acres or 57%. State and local governments own about one million acres, or 3%. The remainder are non-industrial entitites (8 million/25%) and industrial owners (4-5 million/14%--primarily timber companies).

The point that has been made repeatedly to the charges that CA has mismanaged forests is that the federal government has direct control of 57% of forest lands. The state has direct control of 3% and indirect control of 39%. What I am objecting to is the canard that "California has mismanaged the forests and therefore there is no blame to climate change". This ignores the massive responsibility of the federal government in all this. The documents cited in the article point to a multitude of contributing factors that should be discussed and debated in responsible, reputable forums. But the website you cited is neither--it is an anti-science propaganda website. It is firmly allied with corporate-backed efforts to deny climate change and flood the conversation with junk science, thus my display of unbridled contempt. And I never tried to get anything deleted--I just called it what it is: propaganda.

LastoneOn

California has lost control of its forests. Fact.
I can only imagine what's on the list of ""responsible, reputable" forums. No doubt those firmly allied with corporate backed efforts to promote climate change because it lines their pockets.

You're anti-science.

Old Mouseketeer

I can only imagine what's on the list of ""responsible, reputable" forums. No doubt those firmly allied with corporate backed efforts to promote climate change because it lines their pockets.

You're anti-science.
Well, now you've just gone down the rabbit hole. I classify sources as responsible and reputable when they agree with the 98% of scientists about climate change. So basically we're done. Have a magical day.

el_super

This is not a fact. In fact your very own article invalidated your simple premise that California was ignoring "proper forestry management science" since, the article was itself referencing a study that Newsom requested by executive order. You also contradicted yourself when you stated that the situation "was not that simple," but have now fallen back to simply blaming California.

The facts are: the situation is not that simple. A complex melange of state and federal regulations, going back decades, have lead to the current status of poor forest management, increased fires via climate change, and increases in the urban-wildland interface. And additionally, any "blog" or "article" that tries to pin the blame on one group or individual, should be immediately dismissed.

robhedin

I wonder if Disneyland will follow Ticketmasters lead in requiring proof of vaccination to enter.
To be clear-- Ticketmaster is NOT and currently has no plans of requiring proof of vaccination. They were considering it as a potential option for venues to use in the future and nothing more. Even if they did allow it as an option, it would be completely up to the venue, not Ticketmaster.

From Ticketmaster directly:
  • There is absolutely no requirement from Ticketmaster mandating vaccines/testing for future events. Unfortunately, this has been widely reported and is incorrect. Ticketmaster does not have the power to set policies around safety/entry requirements, which would include vaccines and/or testing protocols. That would always be up to the discretion of the event organizer, based on their preferences and local health guidelines.
  • We are exploring a number of safety features for event organizers to utilize as they look to welcome fans back to events. This includes tools from Ticketmaster’s recently announced SmartEvent suite like social distanced seating, contactless entry and more (read more info on SmartEvent here). Again, the event organizer will determine what, if any, of these measures are implemented at their individual event, not Ticketmaster.

See: https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/What-are-your-COVID-screening-requirements?language=en_US
or: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ticketmaster-negative-covid-test/

truecoat

To be clear-- Ticketmaster is NOT and currently has no plans of requiring proof of vaccination. They were considering it as a potential option for venues to use in the future and nothing more. Even if they did allow it as an option, it would be completely up to the venue, not Ticketmaster.

From Ticketmaster directly:

See: https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/What-are-your-COVID-screening-requirements?language=en_US
or: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ticketmaster-negative-covid-test/

Thanks for the info.

LastoneOn

I find it unfathomable that in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, DW is still open given the COVID numbers today. What are they thinking as the cases, usually followed by deaths skyrocket? So just who is pressuring them to expose them to COVID, severe liability and image damage? I find it amazing that with all the red hot spots around Disney like Orange, Osceola and Orlando, Disney's area is white or known as almost "no cases"?
Florida today:
Total Cases; 889, 664
Cases on 11/14/20: 10,200
Cases yesterday: 4,663
Total Pediatric Cases (5-18 yrs): 78,424
(yes, kids get it) or see for yourself: https://covidaction.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/4915657158ed4991817d3703107563ba
Oh well

LastoneOn

I'm interested in that too.

Although I do have to wonder if Ticketmaster may have thrown that idea out there before it was ready for primetime?

It's an issue that seems fraught with privacy issues and general creepiness. Not that I think the idea doesn't have some basic merit, but in the 2020's it seems like it would be ripe for criticism and legal challenges in the future, especially once Covid is in the rearview mirror a year or two from now.
Comes a point where whatever event you're going to see just isn't worth all this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom