Disneyland expected to be closed through end Q1 2021.

el_super

Disney is a business.

They will stay open just like every other business until they are told they need to close or it’s no longer advantageous for them to stay open.

And you are right; either way they likely lose with a big chunk of the population.

Disney was the one that initially decided to close, before the government suggested they should be closed. They can take action to close before being told to do so again.

While I absolutely think that it's irresponsible to keep a theme park open during a pandemic, I can see why those tough decisions fell on the "keep WDW open" side, as the situation in Orlando was far more dire than it is here in Southern California. Since so much of the economy was dependent on theme parks, and since there was a complete failure to dispense aid to the out-of-work employees, there was almost no other option (by design), other than putting people back to work. Unfortunately for Florida, those decisions will be paid for, in blood.

fctiger

Obviously this isn't a shock. It was no way Orange County was going to reach the last tier anytime soon and as we all know it went up a tier recently. And to be honest, this is probably the worst time to open given Dr. Fauci and others said the winter season is going to be particularly bad with the virus. We're already climbing to over 100 thousand cases a day as it is and California is in a bad situation.

I think the earliest the park will open will be in the spring. Hope to be wrong, but doubtful.

Stevek

Obviously this isn't a shock. It was no way Orange County was going to reach the last tier anytime soon and as we all know it went up a tier recently. And to be honest, this is probably the worst time to open given Dr. Fauci and others said the winter season is going to be particularly bad with the virus. We're already climbing to over 100 thousand cases a day as it is and California is in a bad situation.

I think the earliest the park will open will be in the spring. Hope to be wrong, but doubtful.
I would agree. Spring is probably optimistic given it will probably take through July to get vaccinations to everyone that wants one. Even then, it's still in the state's hands as to if/when they allow openings.

fctiger

People are leaving California in droves, maybe it's time Disneyland pack up and find another State

That's about as realistic as New York seceding from America.

And California still has the biggest population in in the country and a huge tourism base, it would be nuts to leave it.

George Lucas on a Bench

20201117_182840.jpg
California's forests are entirely safe, especially in the months of September and October. There is no need for alarm.

TP2000

I wonder if Disneyland will follow Ticketmasters lead in requiring proof of vaccination to enter.

I'm interested in that too.

Although I do have to wonder if Ticketmaster may have thrown that idea out there before it was ready for primetime?

It's an issue that seems fraught with privacy issues and general creepiness. Not that I think the idea doesn't have some basic merit, but in the 2020's it seems like it would be ripe for criticism and legal challenges in the future, especially once Covid is in the rearview mirror a year or two from now.

Last edited:

TP2000

California's forests are entirely safe, especially in the months of September and October. There is no need for alarm.

Not only that, but California's forests burned every autumn for thousands of years before huge SUV's began rolling off the Detroit assembly lines in big numbers around 1985 and started destroying the planet.

The Yokuts and Wintun Indian tribes of what is now central California a thousand years ago already had an established record of eons of seasonal wildfires sweeping through their territory in what we now know as September and October.

To quote Billy Joel, we didn't start the fire, it was always burning since the world's been turning... ;)

Last edited:

Old Mouseketeer

While forest land is under federal control, the politics and legality of controlled burns being allowed is ALL on California's policies. Instead of scoffing at something, perhaps actually read into topics before offering your ears up like a sleazy rodent of the evening.
Liked for "sleazy rodent of the evening". You know, you could set that to the tune of "Angel of the Morning"!

LastoneOn

Oh, give me a freaking break! You submit an anti-science blog? Kiss my big fat mouse ears!
Allegation without evidence. that's your version of science. you've smeared that website without evidence.
Its not an anti-science blog at all. You can't just dismiss science you dont' like.

And you're not even address the article - just tossing insults and trying to get it deleted. Good fascist you.

LastoneOn

While forest land is under federal control, the politics and legality of controlled burns being allowed is ALL on California's policies. Instead of scoffing at something, perhaps actually read into topics before offering your ears up like a sleazy rodent of the evening.
and that's what the article says but the kind gentleman from Orange County can't be bothered to read it. Instead he tries to get the post deleted by running up the "anti-science" flag pole

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom