Votes: 0 0.0%
  • British Columbia Disneyland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jjparker17

Original Poster
Jungle Oasis
Enter a land of danger and mystery, travelling from the villages of Africa to the temples of South America. Who knows what kind of adventure you will face!

Harambe Village.png

In the front section of Jungle Oasis is called Harambe Village, based on an East African port. As you go through this vibrant marketplace of music and flavours, you head deeper in the jungle and explore the wildlife.

Lost River Delta.png

Further into the jungle is an area called Lost River Delta which is themed around South American rainforests. As you look across the river from a run-down dock, you see an archaeological site and ancient ruins of Aztec temples in the far distance.

Festival of the Lion King.png

Festival of the Lion King
Join the inhabitants of the Pride Lands for a grand gala in honour of Simba, the lion cub who would be king. A kinetic kaleidoscope of colour floods the stage as colossal puppets, extravagantly costumed dancers, amazing acrobats, a daring fire dancer and incredible stilt walkers dazzle the senses.

Tarzan's Treehouse.jpg

Tarzan's Treehouse
Your adventure begins as you clamber up a tree stump and cross a rope bridge high in the sky. Overgrown with vines and constructed out of parts salvaged from his tragic shipwreck, the tree house features vignettes from Tarzan’s epic life story. Investigate Jane’s collection of scientific equipment, play with musical pots and pull on the vines to discover fun surprises.

Jungle Cruise.png

Jungle Cruise
Board a canopied steamer piloted by your trusty skipper, who will expertly navigate you through some of the world’s most treacherous waters. Steam past lush foliage, butterflies and waterfalls on the Amazon in South America. Glimpse an abandoned camp overrun by curious gorillas on the shores of the African Congo. Along the Nile, watch for bathing elephants, angry hippos and hungry lions.

Indiana Jones Adventure.png

Indiana Jones Adventure
Board a rugged troop transport and follow Indy’s footsteps into the crumbling Temple of the Forbidden Eye. Confront screaming mummies, swarms of giant insects, collapsing bridges, slithering snakes—and a massive rolling boulder.

Temple of Peril.png

Temple of Peril
Climb to the top of the Temple of Peril in a rickety mine cart. Before you can catch your breath, a mysterious force sends the cart into an out-of-control spiral of twists and turns through the darkest corners of this cursed ruin.

Dining.png

Tusker House, Skipper's Canteen, Dawa Bar, El Dorado Cantina and Expedition Eats
Jungle Oasis provides two table service restaurants. The first is Tusker House, a buffet that features character dining. The second is Skipper’s Canteen, inspired by the Jungle Cruise, which has waiter service. For a more casual option, visit the Dawa Bar, El Dorado Cantina or Expedition Eats.
(Tusker House features Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Timon and Terk)

Shops.png

Mombasa Marketplace and Plaza de Los Amigos
Shops in this land feature authentic African and South American products. In Harambe Village, Mombasa Marketplace sells items like crafts, instruments and animal toys. Over at Lost River Delta, Plaza de Los Amigos has sombreros, ceramics and piñatas for purchase.

Characters.png

Meet and Greets
Meet Rafiki in Harambe Village in a dedicated photo location near Festival of the Lion. Tarzan and Jane meet at the base of Tarzan’s Treehouse and Indiana Jones similarly meets outside his attraction. Donald, Panchito and Jose, the Three Caballeros, meet guests at the Saludos Amigos Greeting Dock. Clarice and Elena of Avalor roam Lost River Delta.
OVERVIEW
Attractions
Jungle Cruise
Tarzan’s Treehouse
Indiana Jones Adventure
Temple of Peril

Entertainment
Festival of the Lion King
Jungle Rhythms

Dining
Tusker House (Table Service)
Skipper’s Canteen (Table Service)
Dawa Bar (Kiosk)
El Dorado Cantina (Counter Service)
Expedition Eats (Kiosk)

Shops
Adventurer’s Outpost
Mombasa Marketplace
Zanzibar Trading Co.
Lost River Outfitters
Plaza de Los Amigos

Meet and Greets
Tarzan and Jane
Timon and Rafiki
Donald, Panchito and Jose
Indiana Jones
Elena

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

I'd love to have a Canada park in one of the central provinces. This way it would definitely have English as the main language. Which is good for me because I don't speak a lick of French. It would provide a Disney Triangle of North America with Cali and Florida.

But weather would be a key reason in why it may never happen. Disney is more likely to put a park in an area where it doesn't snow.

jjparker17

Original Poster
You are on a roll. I like that Adventureland kinda serves as a miniature World Showcase for exotic jungle locations in a similar manner to Paris' version.
Thank you so much! This was exactly my idea because I always hated how Adventureland was vague so I wanted to focus on just two cultures that could blend together with the theme of exotic jungles.

jjparker17

Original Poster
I could see a Disneyland Vancouver possibly working. Sure it would be cold during many of the months and snow could put a little damper of things, but being from Canada I know I would love it.
This was one of my biggest struggles when deciding on a location for a park in Canada as I knew snow was an issue. Eventually I looked online to what part of Canada had the best weather (least snowfall and warmest temperatures) and found that British Columbia was the best. However, being from the UK and not Canada I would love some feedback on if this is a good location.

jjparker17

Original Poster
I'd love to have a Canada park in one of the central provinces. This way it would definitely have English as the main language. Which is good for me because I don't speak a lick of French. It would provide a Disney Triangle of North America with Cali and Florida.

But weather would be a key reason in why it may never happen. Disney is more likely to put a park in an area where it doesn't snow.
I totally agree that it would be wiser to place a park where English is spoken prominently as more people speak English than French. That is one of the reasons I chose British Columbia as the main language there is English. It also has the least amount of snowfall and warmer weather in comparison to other areas as I agree that Disney would try to choose somewhere that snow would not be an issue.

This was one of my biggest struggles when deciding on a location for a park in Canada as I knew snow was an issue. Eventually I looked online to what part of Canada had the best weather (least snowfall and warmest temperatures) and found that British Columbia was the best. However, being from the UK and not Canada I would love some feedback on if this is a good location.
Well, you are kind of barking up the wrong Canuck tree with that question since I am from the total opposite coast of Canada in Nova Scotia. :)

jjparker17

Original Poster
Discovery Bay
Enter a world of science, exploration and innovation. Inspired by the works of Jules Verne, this research facility allows us to discover new modes of transport and communication.

Discovery Bay 5.jpg

As you enter Discovery Bay, you will work your way through metal buildings with lots of scaffolding and pipes. Then as you make your way towards the back of the land, you notice a giant mountain with equipment around it and a small lake in front of it.

Orbitron.jpg

Get ready to rocket through the farthest reaches of space in this retro Orbitron ride inspired by Leonardo da Vinci's visionary drawings of the solar system. You're the captain as you control the height of your vessel whilst it whizzes around a galaxy of planets high above Discovery Bay.

Aquatopia 3.jpg

Aquatopia
Board a three-person watercraft that travels around the experimental pool, spinning you in unpredictable directions. Who knows where you'll end up!

Communicore.jpg

Communicore 3 (2).jpg

CommuniCore
Travel through time and witness the remarkable development of human communication throughout history. Narrated by Dame Helen Mirren, this gentle journey takes you from the dawn of humanity when man painted on cave walls to present day where technology allows people across the world to communicate in seconds.

Journey to the Centre of the Earth 2.jpg

Journey to the Centre of the Earth.jpg

Journey to the Centre of the Earth
The enigmatic genius Captain Nemo has unearthed an unknown world deep underground. During your journey on board a unique subterranean vehicle, the volcano suddenly shakes and erupts, taking you where Captain Nemo has never been before.

Dining.png

Horizons, Cafe Hyperion and Electric Umbrella
Horizons is the main dining location in this land. This table service restaurant allows you to dine whilst steampunk spaceships fly above you, using the same technology as Space 220 coming to Epcot. Other dining includes Café Hyperion and Electric Umbrella, both of which are counter service.

Shops.png

Nautilus Gifts and Constellations
When it comes to shopping, Nautilus Gifts is fittingly located above the Nautilus whilst Constellations is on the other side of the land, near the Orbitron and Horizons restaurant.

Characters.png

Meet and Greets
Daisy meets guests at the entrance to Discovery Bay near the Orbitron and Aqautopia. Jim Hawkins and B.E.N. have a designated location outside the Horizons restaurant whilst Milo Thatch and Kida meet inside the mountain at the back of the land, near Journey to the Centre of the Earth.
OVERVIEW
Attractions
Journey to the Centre of the Earth
CommuniCore
Aquatopia
Orbitron

Dining
Horizons (Table Service)
Café Hyperion (Counter Service)
Electric Umbrella (Counter Service)

Shops
Nautilus Gifts
Constellations

Meet and Greets
Daisy
Milo and Kida
Jim Hawkins and B.E.N.

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

Since you heard of the announcement of Splash Mountain being turned into a princess and the frog attraction what’s going to happen to this version?

jjparker17

Original Poster
Since you heard of the announcement of Splash Mountain being turned into a princess and the frog attraction what’s going to happen to this version?
Ummm I don't have a Splash Mountain in my park, I replaced it with Western River Expedition in my Westernland as you can see on one of my previous posts.

Evilgidgit

The inclusion of Discovery Bay is a fantastic choice, mashing together all of the Verne-verse attractions into one location is great. Might I suggest adding Captain Nemo in as a walkaround character as well?

jjparker17

Original Poster
The inclusion of Discovery Bay is a fantastic choice, mashing together all of the Verne-verse attractions into one location is great. Might I suggest adding Captain Nemo in as a walkaround character as well?
Thank you so much. That is such a fun idea however I worry that nobody would know who he is. I mean honestly I had to look up what he looked like, although that might just be because of my age

Doodlelicious

This is not a bad idea. I do not see this happening in the Western Provinces of Canada like Alberta or British Columbia. The proximity to Disneyland California would be too close and it wouldn't really work. I think if there was space for a Disneyland Ontario similar to a Canada Wonderland in Ontario that could work. As already mentioned though the weather would be the biggest issue unless the park was a seasonal thing and closed during the months where snow would be a problem.

jjparker17

Original Poster
This is not a bad idea. I do not see this happening in the Western Provinces of Canada like Alberta or British Columbia. The proximity to Disneyland California would be too close and it wouldn't really work. I think if there was space for a Disneyland Ontario similar to a Canada Wonderland in Ontario that could work. As already mentioned though the weather would be the biggest issue unless the park was a seasonal thing and closed during the months where snow would be a problem.
Thank you for your feedback. I really struggled coming up with a location for this resort however at the end of the day I realised it wasn't really that important as my dream resort could be placed anywhere in the world. I just picked British Columbia due to the weather is gets in comparison to the rest of Canada. I know this resort will never be built so I just ignored real world logic like proximity to other Disney resorts and wrote about what my ultimate resort would be. The location was an afterthought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom