Disneyland Australia, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm fine with the fireworks show having projections, but I think Fantasmic should remain the same show year round, not changing out for the holidays, unless you have some extraordinary reason for changing it out seasonally. The fireworks show and parade should serve as the interchangeable show. Fantasmic is kind of timeless and allows constant Disney theming year round.

Twilight_Roxas

Fantasmic is the same the only difference in the Winter Edition is the scene with the flowers is replace with snowflakes, and the ice skating fairies from Fantasia, and a few elements from Frozen along with Anna & Elsa appearing in the finale.

orlando678-

I think that its best to keep spaceport 55 apart from tomorrowland and actually the new orleans area too, but thats your choice. My reason would be to improve the experience of one land to really keep it at its own true theme and because people like the fact of having more lands because it immefiately sounds bigger.

DisneyManOne

I'd be more than happy to work on a bit of Fantasyland. In fact, I'd like to resurrect one of my very first Imagineering ideas (back during my early days on SYWTBAI). This is...

Winnie the Pooh's Most Grand Adventure
Named after the international title of "Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin", this take on the beloved dark ride takes guests into the 100 Acre Wood and into the story of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day like never before. Using an all-new three-in-one ride system, this ride takes guests up in the air, bouncing and swirling on the ground and bobbing down a river.

The ride's entrance is, like Tokyo, marked with a giant storybook bearing the name "Winnie the Pooh's Most Grand Adventure".

Pooh_hunny_hunt_entrance.jpg
After passing through the queue, you come to the loading area. The loading area is themed to look like the Hundred Acre Wood itself, surrounding guests with trees and flowers. The ride vehicles here are hot-air balloons that seat four. Each balloon is different, each one bearing the look of a character from the story (i;e half-red, half-yellow for Pooh, orange and black stripes for Tigger, half magenta and half light-pink for Piglet, etc.)

Tigger provides the safety spiel, which goes like this.

“Hello out there! It’s me, Tigger—T-I-double “guh”-er! We’re ready for you to come along on a big adventure in the Hundred Acre Wood, but we want you to be safe, cause being safe is what Tiggers like best. So please, stay seated in your balloony with your hands, arms, feet and legs inside and to all you grown-up types out there, please watch your adora-ba-ble children. Hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! Have a wonderful time on Winnie the Pooh's Most Grand Adventure! T.T.F.N.—ta-ta for now!”

Once all are aboard their balloon, we pass by a wooden sign reading "This way to the Hundred Acre Wood". Suddenly, the balloon sails over a group of trees (the other side of which is not seen by guests until they pass over the trees) and into the first scene of the ride: The Blustery Day.

s033424810.jpg
This section of the ride uses an aerial track a la Peter Pan. "A Rather Blustery Day" plays as an instrumental and wind blows across the land (slightly shaking the balloons a bit).

We first pass by Pooh as he flies his balloon over to the Hunny Tree in order to get a small smackarel, as he says, “I’ve got a rumbly in my tumbly. It must be time for something sweet!”. Like in the Tokyo Disneyland version, the audio-animatronics used on this ride not only blink and move their mouths when they speak, but they’re also quite fuzzy, like real stuffed animals. As we move around the room, Pooh flies above our heads, and in the middle of the room is Owl’s house, where Owl sits outside in his rocking chair blabbering about his relatives. Piglet is clinging to another branch, hoping that he won’t fall out of the tree that is currently rocking back and forth. Across from Owl’s house, we find Rabbit’s garden, where Rabbit is clinging to his wheelbarrow for dear life. “Oh, why do these things always happen to me?” he groans. “Why oh why oh why?” Just then, Pooh flies through his garden, knocking some vegetables into his garden. “Thank you, Pooh!” the rabbit says.

Nearby, Gopher pops out of his hole and wishes us a Happy Windsday. Meanwhile, over at Kanga and Roo’s house, Roo is hanging from a kite that Kanga is holding. “Hang on tightly, Roo!” Kanga yells. “Look, Mama, look! I’m a kite!” Roo replies. As we leave the room, we pass by Eeyore standing nearby his house...which Pooh promptly knocks over. “If you ask me, he’ll never reach that tree,” The donkey sighs. But before we leave the room, we see one more sight – As we pass by a clump of branches across from Eeyore’s house, we see Tigger jump out and say, “Come on, everybody! Let’s all bounce together!"

As we pass by Tigger, the aerial track changes into a normal dark-ride track. This is necessary for the next scene: Tigger's Bouncy Forest.

maxresdefault.jpg
In Tigger's Bouncy Forest, we pass through a part of the Wood at nighttime, and taking advantage of Tigger's invitation, our balloon actually starts bouncing alongside Tigger. This segment should be very identical to the one seen in the current Magic Kingdom version. As we exit the Bouncy Forest, we then pass by Pooh's House.
Outside of the house, Tigger has pounced on Pooh. He warns him "Watch out for Heffalumps and Woozles. They steal honey." "Steal honey?!" Pooh reacts. Then, our balloon starts to slow down in speed and we creep in through the front door of Pooh's house.

TDL-Poohs-Hunny-Hunt.jpg
Inside, we stop in front of Pooh, who has fallen asleep in the middle of his vigil. Suddenly, the house disappears into a starfield as the balloon standing nearby turns into the head of a Heffalump. Weirdest of all, Pooh begins to float through the starfield as we hear Tigger's ghostly voice intone "Heffalumps and Woozles...Heffalumps and Woozles steal honey...beware...beware!"

We travel through the starfield and find ourselves inside Pooh's Dream World. Here, Pooh's mysterious and wacky dream world haunted by Heffalumps and Woozles. Unlike other versions, the walls of this scene are not inky-black, but rather, they flash in different colors, a la the backgrounds during the "Heffalumps and Woozles" scene in the short.

550heffalumps.jpg
This scene is largely identical to both the Disneyland and WDW versions of the ride, so elements of both will be taken.

But however, as we exit, two evil-looking watering cans spray us with a fine mist. We spin through a tunnel decorated with raindrops. Occasionally, the tunnel walls flash and thunder is heard. Above the thunder, we hear Pooh's friends call to us, saying things like "Wake up, Pooh! A flood's coming!"

We exit the tunnel through a log and find ourselves back in the Hundred Acre Wood, only now, it's been a victim of The Flood.

hqdefault.jpg
At this point, our vehicle now goes on a water flume track. We float along the waters of the flooded Wood as projected rain falls along the walls of the area. An instrumental version of "The Rain, Rain, Rain Came Down, Down, Down" plays.

We pass under a branch that Pooh and ten honey pots sit upon. “Oh, my! I must rescue my supper!” the bear says. Next, we pass by Eeyore, whose tail Roo is holding onto. “First the wind, and now this,” the donkey sighs. “Well, at least there hasn’t been an earthquake lately………” Rabbit, Gopher, and Kanga are sitting in an upside-down umbrella boat. Nearby, on a log, Owl sits in a rocking chair, continuing to talk about his relatives. At the end of the scene, we see Tigger (his tail tied to a branch for support) reaching out to Piglet, who is standing on a chair about to go over a waterfall. Basically, it’s the same setup as the current version of the ride, only with fuzzier characters. “We’ll save ya, Piglet!” Tigger yells. “Hurry, Tigger! We’re about to go over a waterfall!” is Piglet’s reply. As we move along, we hear Tigger ask, “Did you say waterfall?” and promptly go tumbling down a small waterfall (think around the size of the drop on Pirates of the Caribbean). As we land at the bottom, we are splashed with water.

Finally, we once again get onto the normal dark-ride track and pass under a rainbow as we hear the narrator say that “At last, the rain went away, and everyone gathered together to say… ” “HOORAY!” Pooh’s friends all yell, finishing the narrator’s sentence. We are now at the final scene of the ride, The Hero Party.

1.jpg
All of our Hundred Acre Wood friends are sat a table, having a jolly old time. “Hooray for Pooh, too!” Piglet adds. “Speaking of which,” says Tigger, “Where is that silly old bear?” “I’m right here, everyone!” Pooh's voice reassures his friends. We pass by Pooh, happily sitting inside the Honey Tree, eating all the honey his rumbly tumbly can eat. "But you can start the party without me", he says as we pass by.
1.JPG
From there, we hear a bright, triumphant, instrumental version of "Winnie the Pooh" (similar to the one heard here)...

...and pass by an animated storybook page that reads "The End", and has all of the Pooh characters waving goodbye. With that, we head back into the loading area and exit.

I'm honestly debating whether or not there should be a post-show themed around Christopher Robin's room (as it appeared in the original Pooh shorts and 1977 movie.) What do you think?

075-winnie-b.jpg

Last edited:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
It wouldn't be a park without Pooh's Most Grand Adventure! I'll keep Spaceport 55 separate, but I really want to keep New Orleans apart of Westernland. I'm not to keen on cloning original lands not found anywhere else, personally.

DisneyManOne

I actually have another idea, but this time, it's geared towards Adventureland.

Maybe located on the other side of a path the Jungle Cruise boats travel under is a dense cave, wherein shamans used to tell tales of glory long ago. Dense vegetation covers the ceilings and walls, as if the jungle has taken over. But even it's been many moons since the shamans told a tale last, the stories still remain, the most well-known being...

The Legend of the Lion King
The idea for this show largely came about from the Lion King Concert in the Wild thing they had at Harambe Nights at Animal Kingdom last summer...

But here, it'd have to be a bit different. First of all, since this is a live show, all the film clips shown will not be shown here, but instead, acted out by actors dressed in costumes heavily influenced by African design (maybe like the ones used in Legend of the Lion King at Disneyland Paris).
106756630.sXCZc838.jpg
Heck, for "Circle of Life", we could go full-out Broadway, and have intricate animal costumes like the Broadway show!
7d0d289a-e50a-471c-b95e-66de84438f56.jpg
The stage is decked out to look like the African savanna, with Pride Rock standing proudly at the back of the stage.The two narrators stand to the side, interacting with the audience, while the choir/ensemble stands at the other side of the stage, ready to take on whatever part needed (animals, hyenas, lions, etc.)

What do you think?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I'm thinking we combine the two; the classic village will serve as the land's entryway then give way to an immersive collection of sub-lands beyond the castle walls. Would it be weird to have Toy Story Mania in the Storybook Circus section? Just because it's kind of modern in comparison to the rest of Fantasyland.

orlando678-

Well maybe if it would be returned to Disney circus characters as dumbo Casey jnr salty the seal and so on. But it seems a bit unlikely. Have you already thought about the stories you want to use for the sub areas?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I've never done a Halloween Fantasmic, only an extended villains segment and a Mardi Gras-themed show as apart of a group project. That was it.

Twilight_Roxas

Thats what I was going to do with a winter edition of Fantasmic have the flowers replace by snowflakes along with the frost fairies of Fantasia, a Frozen segment between the live segment, and princess segment which is going to have Anna & Kristoff in the mist screen of the princess segment, Hans as one of the villains, and Anna & Elsa in the finale.

mharrington

I would probably do some stuff related to Toontown, but I'm not really sure if I should, what with the threat of Disneyland's Toontown's closure at the hands of a Star Wars land.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
I was actually thinking that we could have Toon Town serve as a land south of Hollywoodland (connected by a Gag Warehouse gift shop) or a sub-land of Hollywoodland, but it's up to you. I've always been a fan of your Toon Town work, Harrington, so go for it! I'd love to see Goofy's Motor Mania in a new light. Also, Tokyo's Toon Town is surviving the massive Fantasyland overhaul it's receiving, so there's nothing wrong with keeping it.

My ideal Fantasmic, Roxas, would be as such:

1. Mickey's Dream/Sorcerer's Apprentice
2. Flowers/Jungle Sequence
3. Pink Elephants/Heffalumps and Woozles
4. Woody's Roundup
5. Friend Like Me
6. Bubble Segment/Monstro
7. Pirates of the Caribbean Battle (probably aboard the Black Pearl, said ship would be in Mystic Seas as a walkthrough exhibit during the day)
8. Romance Segment (Belle & Beast, Ariel & Eric, Snow White & Her Prince, Rapunzel & Flynn)
9. Villain Segment (Evil Queen, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Dr. Facilier, Chernabog, Maleficent)
10. Finale

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
It'd use mist screens and live actors is my guess. The more I've thought about it, the more I like the idea of changing some things for the holidays, Roxas...what if, for Halloween time, "Friend Like Me" would be replaced by "This is Halloween" since that segment as it is would rely mostly on screens, lasers, fountains and fireworks. Various creepy characters from the Disney continuum would be featured. For Christmas, we can replace the flowers before the jungle sequence with snowflakes and frost fairies like you said, while the jungle segment itself would be replaced by a Christmas song of some kind. "Friend Like Me" would be replaced by "Let It Go." Ana and Elsa would be in the finale with all the other characters year round anyways. No Hans in the villain sequence, he just doesn't fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom