Disneyland Australia, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of designing an entire land to be based around a movie (although Cars Land is an exception), and the problem with doing San Fransokyo is the fact that Discovery Bay is held in Gold Rush-era San Francisco, thus making San Fransokyo redundant.

orlando678-

Well what should we do with Big Hero 6 since there would most likely be a ride, shop, meet & greet, and restaurant based off the film.
eventhough i see what you mean, i personally don't see a whole area with only those things you mentioned. Big hero 6 still needs a little more time to grow to see in which style we could bring it into the theme parks.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Duh! 20k does fit better in Discovery Bay...maybe we should just cut Discovery Bay in general, we already have an oceanic-themed land with Mystic Seas.

Roxas, I don't think we're planning on a Marvel area in general.

Twilight_Roxas

Well for Tomorrowland should it have that announced Iron-Man attraction being made in Hong Kong Disneyland or a Big Hero 6 attraction with the same technology as Spider-Man, and Transformers?

Idk if Fantasmic is going to be added or a fireworks show is going to replace it but I had this idea with the finale during halloweentime, and the holidays.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
No, because Tomorrowland is going to be based on the actual future, not pop culture. Spaceport 55 would host all fictitious properties and Tomorrowland would host all idealistic properties, such as Horizons or Soarin'. Quite frankly, the only Marvel property that fits with the spaceport theme is Guardians of the Galaxy, so that's what we should go with. And of course, we have Star Tours, which is a classic and seamlessly incorporates Star Wars into the Disney environment.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Apologies for the double post, but there are three attractions that I'd love to personally tackle - Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, and Small World, three of my all-time favorites. Remember, this is an OPEN BRAINSTORMING thread, so anyone is free to jump in at anytime and contribute. We're supposed to work on this as a unit.

Adventureland, being my all-time favorite land, will cover the exotic jungles of the world (Africa, Asia, South America, Polynesia), as Mystic Seas covers the locales of the Middle East, the Caribbean, and other areas normally encompassed by Adventureland. In addition to that, I think it'd be all too appropriate to have a New Orleans sub-area of Westernland to serve as a transition between the jungles of Adventureland and the rugged deserts of Westernland, a la Tokyo Disneyland in reverse. Anyways, I'm really picturing Adventureland to resemble some rundown fishing village along the banks of a remote jungle delta...think Tokyo's Lost River Delta; a heavily-wooded, luscious swamp with a distinct South American-colonial flare. To the east, just past the land's central town square would be a 30's-era archaeological dig, littered with monstrous statues and crumbling ruins. The once-abandoned Adventureland Train Depot (still covered in cobwebs and inhabited by a phone-answering Capuchin) now serves as a Disneyland Australia Railroad station and trade post for archaeologists to obtain supplies. Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition, the classic never-built E-Ticket would serve as the weenie of the area, providing an indoor/outdoor looping mine car coaster and an EMV dark ride.

Adventureland

1. Jungle River Cruise:
A more traditional take on the usual Jungle Cruise, albeit littered with new surprises.
2. Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition
3. Unnamed Looping Coaster
4. The Enchanted Tiki Room:
I had to...it's a classic.
5. Curse of the Stone Tiger:
An Alien Encounter-type attraction where guests are menaced by a suddenly resurrected Stone Tiger in a display of ancient artifacts.
6. Paradise Gardens: A simple walkthrough attraction showcasing miniature scenes from Disney's finest adventure and jungle-themed films, ranging from Swiss Family Robinson to The Lion King.
7. Professor Marvel's Treehouse:
A walkthrough treetop museum of oddities from around the world, home to the wacky but lovable Prof. Marvel.

MA Screamin'

I actually had an idea for a park just like your Disney's Earth (which happened to be called Disney Earth) without even knowing about the Visions Fantastic site; looks like great minds really do think alike! :D

This thread is looking great, I'll definetly be following along.

orlando678-

Maybe the new Orleans area could be called bog easy, based on the epic mickey area. The area could have a hide and go seek like ride inside lonesome manor where you have to catch the ghosts, a princess and the frog ride, a song of the south ride, a rescuers ride, haunted mansion, doctor faciliers voodoo emporium, tianas palace, a river boat and so on.

Also above I saw a reply with mixing Kali river rapids and jungle cruise which really sounds interesting to me.

orlando678-

Duh! 20k does fit better in Discovery Bay...maybe we should just cut Discovery Bay in general, we already have an oceanic-themed land with Mystic Seas.

Roxas, I don't think we're planning on a Marvel area in general.

I do think discovery bay is different. We shouldn't have to cut a whole land only because 20k. It isn't a problem to put 20k in discovery bay, it fits there. The mystic seas area still has enough experiences and honestly 20k feels to "new" for the old empires of little mermaid, Caribbean, medditeranea and so. Discovery bay has potential for rides based on Jules Verne, Leonardo da vinchi and many more.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Well, we can always combine Mystic Seas with Discovery Bay, giving us one mystical land that can have hints of Jules Verne here and there, as evident by the obvious inclusion of 20k. Or, we can keep Discovery Bay as it's own thing, a transition between Main Street and Westernland even (think about it, San Francisco buildings and Main Street buildings go well together). Or it could be the transition between Adventureland and Westernland, or even the transition between Mystic Seas and Adventureland.

As for the Haunted Mansion, I kinda want to keep it in Hollywoodland to maintain the tradition of having the mansion in a different land in each park; DL: New Orleans Square, MK: Liberty Square, TDL: Fantasyland, DLP: Frontierland, HKDL: Mystic Point, DLA: Hollywooodland. I'm down to include a Princess and the Frog dark ride in our New Orleans sub-area of Westernland, though.

I read the Kali River Rapids/Jungle Cruise-cross, too. As interesting and as awesome as it would be, I think we should go a more traditional route, personally. As it is, Adventureland would already have two major thrill rides and adding a third might seem a bit redundant. I'm picturing Jungle River Cruise to be roughly formatted as such (pretend you're reading a map):

1. Boathouse
2. The Everglades **
3. Alligator Parts **
4. Safari Camp
5. Crashed Biplane **
6. Big Game Territory **
7. Watering Hole **
8. Lost Safari
9. Lion Attack **
10. Hippo Swamp
11. Cannibal Country
12. Volcanic Eruption **
13. Sacred Bathing Pool of the Indian Elephants
14. Cambodian Shrine
15. Trader Sam's Outpost

I'll elaborate on the newer scenes at a latter time. Basically, I'm envisioning the traditional Jungle Cruise format; a skipper takes boatloads of passengers down the jungle rivers of the world, encountering various bits of wildlife and danger while cracking witty narration. Naturally, we have several new scenes, those in which I have placed a ** next to. Even with six brand-new scenes, the older scenes have been significantly revamped, such as a more exciting headhunter attack and an expanded Trader Sam gag. Notice how the Amazon has been completely left out. That's because Indiana Jones and the Lost Expedition takes place in South America, much like Tokyo's Temple of the Crystal Skull. Notice the inclusion of Florida's Everglades. When you think about it, the Jungle Cruise's usual crocodiles are everyday wildlife in Australia...so why not go exotic to Australians and give the ride some alligator loving?

orlando678-

I think the best transition could be ( not sure in what direction you will put it)
Main street

Westernland
New Orleans land
Adventure land
Mystic seas
Fantasyland
Discovery bay
Space port 55
Tomorrowland
Hollywoodland

Twilight_Roxas

Is Jingle River Cruise going to take over during the Holidays? Plus I try to think of ideas for a nighttime fireworks show, and Fantasmic along with Winter editions for both.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Personally, I think New Orleans should just be a sub-land of Westernland, not its own thing. The way I'm personally envisioning Westernland is an epic setting that truly captures the charm and spirit of the romanticized Wild West. I'm seeing the park laid out as such, going counter clockwise: Main Street, Westernland, Adventureland, Mystic Seas, Fantasyland, Discovery Bay, Spaceport 55, Tomorrowland, Hollywoodland. We can also scrap Spaceport 55 and merge it with Tomorrowland, having one half based on science fact and the other half based on science fiction. I'm not sure though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom