Disneyland Australia, Open Brainstorming

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Here's what I have so far for the crossover show. However, I'm having a bit of writer's block when it comes to the show itself. I get all the way up to Henry's intro line, then I blank. Give me some time.

Frontierland Jamboree: A Tribute to the Music & Lore of the American West

Our musical adventure into the Old West begins among the dusty streets and cracked pavements of Frontierland, a true representation of the American West as it appeared more than a century ago. With the jagged peaks of Big Thunder Mountain to the west and the luscious forests and quaint streams of Nature's Wonderland to the south, our travels bring us to the steps of the old "Davis Music Hall," a rustic, log-built playhouse reminiscent of the Pacific Northwest, with architecture directly inspired by Disneyland's extinct Bear Country. Quaint harmonica and banjo strums emit from within the old hall, whilst the watchful eye of a wood-carved Indian Chief stands near the entrance...however, this is no ordinary Indian Chief - this Chief is a grinning grizzly bear, complete with box of cigars and fanciful headdress. Bolted to a balcony above the front porch is a hand-crafted sign adorned with the carved images of various woodland critters, all encircled around the painted words, "Frontierland Jamboree: A Tribute to the Music & Lore of the American West." Atop the sign rests a wood-carved miniature of Henry, the jamboree's Master of Ceremonies, gleefully strumming a guitar. Intrigued, we step onto the old porch, past the complimentary rocking chairs, and through the stick-crafted turnstiles.

Inside, we find ourselves in an old, dimly-lit lobby, appropriately lit by chandeliers made of antlers, old gas lanterns, and the occasional candelabra composed of twigs and leaves. Illustrated portraits of the jamboree's performers line the walls, in addition to dressing room doors shaped like their respective animal occupants. To the north of the room is a set of doors, presumably the passageway to the music hall itself. Directly above them rest three trophy heads, Max the Buck, Melvin the Moose, and Buff the Buffalo, each permanently frozen in cheerful expressions, their names proudly displayed on ornate plaques beneath them. At approximately ten minutes to showtime, the bluegrass music in the background fades out, giving way to a little bit of frontier magic...

Buff: Hey, Melvin! Whatcha gonna do today?
Melvin: Oh, I don't know, Buff. I suppose I'll just hang around.
Max: Now, now, boys. No use in getting all hung up on complaining! We've got a show to introduce!
Melvin: A snow? Is it winter time already?
Buff: No, Melvin! A show!
Melvin: Oh!
Max: Yes sir! We've gotta introduce these kind cowpoke to the musical jamboree behind these doors.
Buff: And how do you expect to do that?
Max: Why the only way we know how!
Buff: And what's that?
Max: Through song! One, two, three!

*Music starts*

All 3: Well, howdy, come on in and sit a spell!
We're proud to share our music, can't you tell?
We'll do our very best to please
At the Frontierland Jamboree.
We hope you'll come on in and sit a spell.

Come on in!
Come on in!

Melvin: The welcome mat is always out,
'Cause seeing you is fun!

Buff & Max: Well, howdy, come on in and sit a spell.
Well, howdy, come on in and sit a spell.

Max: You'll have such fun, you'll laugh and cry!

Buff: He speaks the truth, and that's no lie!

All 3: Well, howdy, come on in and sit a spell.

Max: Don't forget to bring in your belongings!
Buff: Be sure to watch your kids.
Melvin: And your husbands, too. The show is about to begin!

And with that, a cast member readies us for the jamboree ahead, opening the doors beneath the heads and ushering us into the rustic, Northwoods-esque music hall. As we enter and take our seats, we take a good look at the monster of a stage before us, prominently guarded by a massive red curtain embroidered with gold lettering displaying the title of the show. On either side of the main stage is a single smaller stage, also blocked by a red curtain. Directly above us is a gorgeous chandelier, carved from wood. Among the fanciful woodwork appear the miniature shapes of various woodland critters, complimenting the ornate forest designs encompassing the perimeter of the stage's proscenium. A faint bluegrass selection of "Come On In" (the song sung by the trophy heads) plays underneath as our fellow audience members settle in, also taking in the breathtaking atmosphere of the music hall. Once everyone has settled, the same cast member from before gives a quick safety spiel, makes sure we're all settled in, then presses a button, setting the jamboree into motion.

A dramatic drum roll rings out...the massive curtain begins to rise. Front and center rests the dimly-lit silhouette of a familiar brown bear, sporting a familiar top hat, shirt front, and string tie, frozen in an inspiring position. On all corners of the stage rest countless other critters, scenery, and set pieces, all hidden under a veil of darkness, ready for their turn to perform. Henry's voice rings out in the darkness.

Henry: Ladies and gents...the Davis Music Hall is proud to present...the Frontierland Jamboree!

===================

And that's where I left off for now. Like I said, it's going to take me some time to write the actual show, I can't just come up with it on the spot like I did with the preshow and theater.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Do you actually just want to takeover the rest of the show for me, Brer Panther? I'm literally having the worst time coming up with the rest of the show, it's frustrating, haha.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Excellent! I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something truly spectacular.

Now, in the meantime, I'm going to continue to contribute ideas to this thread, but along the way, I'm going to be working on personal projects, which, as mentioned before should be released this summer. I'm starting to get writer's block for this project, unfortunately.

Brer Panther

Okay, idea time... Since we're already replacing the traditional dark rides with new but similar ones (Sleepy Hollow instead of Snow White, Mary Poppins in place of Peter Pan), what if we gave Mad Tea Party a new theme, too? Like, we could call it "Higitus Figitus" and base it on this scene from The Sword in the Stone...

orlando678-

That could be a great idea! I also had a sword in the stone idea but that would be a madhouse where Merlin uses his spells to enchant the room, which then turns and turns. An audio animatronic Archimedes would be in the room and via projections you would be able to see Merlin.

I love the idea of having a ride based on that, but maybe not the teacups. What about a fast spinning ride that swings in a figure 8, and you control the height? Could add some thrill to the classic Dumbo Spinner. It would be suspended and in the same formation as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, swinging back and forth and whooshing up and down.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Ooh, good idea! We have to keep Dumbo because of the Dumbo's Circus area, but I could totally see a Junkyard Jamboree-type attraction happening.

Brer Panther

Yeah, I think the Junkyard Jamboree idea fits the scene better.
In the meantime, I have finished up the Frontierland Jamboree script (complete with concept art). It was pretty easy, given that I've watched America Sings on YouTube many, many, MANY times. Picking up where MEW left off...

A spotlight shines on Henry, revealing him in all of his brown and furry glory. The backdrop is, in fact, a large screen, where still pictures and animated videos play to enhance the show. Henry stands on a large but obviously fake mountain range, a cactus behind him. He holds a guitar and stands against a purple night sky.

tumblr_mhjudvhHKl1rf7isro1_1280.jpg

Just imagine Henry in place of the cowboy dog.

Henry: Give me a little intro there, Gomer.

Gomer, a brown bear seated at a piano, rises up out of the stage tickling the ivories. Henry begins to sing.

9319aff58239e4729a172e435c15c2a8.jpg
Henry: Oh, give me a land

Where the bright diamond sand

Flows leisurely down in the stream

Where the graceful white swan

Goes riding along

Like a maid in a heavenly dream

As Henry sings, some smaller animals pop out from the sand below him: a prairie dog, a tortoise, a roadrunner, an owl, and a desert snake.

Henry: Home, home on the range

Where the deer and the antelope play

Where seldom is heard

A discouraging word

And the skies are not cloudy all day

Gomer continues to play an instrumental version of the song as Henry speaks to the audience.

Henry: Howdy folks, and welcome to the one-and-only Frontierland Jamboree, a little musical tribute to the music and lore of the American west. But enough with all of this chit-chat, yick-yack and flim-flam. Just refrain from hibernating and enjoy the show, because we’ve got a lot to give, ha ha.

He, and his little desert set, begins to descend into the stage.

Henry: And now, get ready to clap your paws, stomp your hooves, and ruffle your feathers, because we’ve got a real treat for you today: the Geese Brothers!

In their place once the lights come back on are four geese with cowboy hats and work hammers, hard at work on a railroad track. The backdrop behind them goes from a dark purple night sky to a beautiful sunrise.

america%2B1.jpg

Imagine the geese wearing western clothing and swinging pickaxes.

Geese Brother: Every morning at seven o’clock

There’s twenty tarriers a-workin’ at the rock

The boss comes along and he says, “Keep still

And come down heavy on the cast iron drill!”

Geese Brothers: (swinging their hammers) So drill ye tarriers drill!

Drill ye tarriers drill!

Oh it’s work all day

Put your sugar in your tay

When you work beyond the old railway

And drill ye tarriers drill!

As they sing a different song, a rabbit and a fox roll down the track on a handcar in the background.

Geese Brothers: I’ve been workin’ on the railroad

All the live-long day

I’ve been workin’ on the railroad

To pass the time away

Can’t you hear the whistle blowin’

Risin’ so early in the morn’

Can’t you hear the captain shoutin’…

A train whistle is heard as the rabbit and fox nervously zip backwards down the track, now followed by a large train.

Geese Brothers: Here she comes

Look at her roll

There she comes

Keep it cool

Watch her fly

Look at her sail

Let her by, by, by

The Fireball Mail

A loud CRASH is heard, accompanied by a rather Goofy-sounding (pun very much intended) holler. The Geese Brothers sink back down as Henry reappears on the second stage to the right of the main stage.

Henry: Goofy fellas, aren’t they? And now, the Swamp Boys!

The Swamp Boys, a band made up of three alligators and a harmonica-playing raccoon pop out of some bushes on the stage, accompanied by three humming bullfrogs. The background becomes that of a bayou.

americasings.jpg

Swamp Boys: Oh I went down south

For to see my Sal

Singin’ Polly-Waddle-Doodle all day

My Sally is a spunky gal

Fair thee well, far thee well

Fair thee well my fairly fay

I’m off to Louisiana

For to see my Suzy-anna

Henry: (chuckles) And now, a tender complaint.

Swamp Boy With Banjo: Sung from the heart!

The raccoon continues to play his harmonica as a new character appears on the left stage: a mother rabbit surrounded by her offspring. Her backdrop is the inside of a small house, complete with a large window behind the performer.

2362575481_29cf021f82_m.jpg

Mother Rabbit: Where is my wandering boy tonight?

Down in the licensed saloon

Learning new dancers all the night long

Tempted to woo, it’s simple and wrong

In the window, we see the silhouette of her husband, raising his glass to the other bar patrons.

Mother Rabbit: Listening to the sirens’s song

Down in the licensed saloon...

Henry: That was a mighty deep song, Ma.

As the stage’s curtain closes, a scruffy mountain lion (I can’t think of a name for him) appears on the stage next to hers playing a mandolin.

Mountain Lion: I’ve got a woman, she’s got ME

Whatever we do, we both agree.

She ain’t purdy, but I ain’t too

The things we like are the things we do

My woman ain’t purdy, but she don’t swear none

She’s kinda heavy, don’t weigh a ton

She’s my woman through and through

I love her only ‘cause our love is through

Henry: She sure sounds like a beauty.

The curtain on his stage closes. On the stage to the right of Henry’s, a fox in a rocking chair strumming a guitar appears.

Act+1+fox+America+Sings.jpg

Couldn't find any concept art, so here's what the finished Audio-Animatronic should look like.

Fox: Down in the valley

The valley so low

Late in the evening

Here the train blow

It does.

Fox: Write me a letter

Send it by mail

Send it in care of

The Birmingham Jail

The Birmingham Jail

The Birmingham Jail

As he sings that, a jail cell rises behind him.

Henry: Now, here they come. Those three little sun bonnets from the sunshine state… Bunny, Bubbles, and Beulah!

Three little bear cubs in sun bonnets appear on stage.

Sun%20Bonnet%20Trio%202.jpg

Sun Bonnets: Every time I meet a guy who gets me shook

All I ever get from him’s a dirty look

It’s the same way everywhere I’ve found

All the guys that turn me on turn me down

All the guys that turn me on turn me down

Nothing ever works for me that I’ve found

It’s the same way everywhere I see

Nothing ever seems to work for me

Nothing ever seems to work for me

They descend down into the stage.

Henry: Cute little pumpkins, huh? And now, Saddlesore Swanson!

Swamp Boy With Accordion: Who?

Saddlesore Swanson, a turkey playing a guitar, bursts from the stage next to Henry’s.

448689264_9ec835a790_b.jpg

Again, couldn't find any concept art.

Saddlesore Swanson: Yee-haw!

Well, come along boys and listen to my tale

And I’ll tell ya ‘bout my troubles on the Old Chisholm Trail

Come a tay-yai-yippee-yippee-yay

Come a tay-yai-yippee-yippee-yay

Well, I went to the boss to draw my roll, and…

He had me thinkin’ nine dollars in the hole. Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi…

His curtain closes, and on the stage where Mother Rabbit once was is a terrier dog dressed as a prospector with a hole in his hat and a donkey for a steed.

marc4.jpg

Terrier: Who shot the hole in my sombrero?

Who put the bullet through my hat?

Who shot the hole in my sombrero?

Who would do a terrible thing like that?

I can’t fee-ger

Who’d pull that tree-ger…

You don’t suppose my wife is back in town, do ya?

On the stage where Saddlesore Swanson once was, two vultures appear, perched on the branches of a gnarled tree. The vultures wear top hats and tuxedos, just like the vultures in the Walt Disney World version of Splash Mountain.

Davis%20-%20BootHill.jpg

Vulture #1: They call us the Boothill Boys.

Vulture #2: And we’ve got a story for you tasty little morsels. The story of Billy the Kid!

Vulture #1: Gomer, would you do the honors?

Gomer begins to play, his cheerful piano now sounding like a dramatic pipe organ.

Vulture #2: Billy was a bad guy

And carried a big gun

Vulture #1: He was always after lawmen

And kept them on the run

Vulture #2: One day he met a bandit

Vulture #1: Who was a whole lot BADDER

Vultures: Now Billy’s dead and gone

And we ain’t none the sadder!

The two vultures snicker at this last part.

Swamp Boy With Guitar: Hey, Henry, I think the cubs in the audience wanna hear a story.

Henry: A real scary story?

At this point, the kids in the audience should call out if they’re in the mood to hear “a real scary story”.

Henry: All right, then. Take it away, boys!

Swamp Boy With Guitar: (clears throat) An old cowpoke went riding out one dark and windy day

Swamp Boy With Banjo: Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way

Vulture #2: When all at once a mighty herd of red-eyed cows he saw

Vulture #1: A-plowing through the ragged sky and up the cloudy draw

The “red-eyed-cows” that Henry mentioned appear on the backdrop, stampeding across a stormy landscape.

Swamp Boys, Henry, and Vultures: Yippie-yi-ayyyy

Yippie-yi-oooh

Ghost Riders in the sky

Henry: Their brands were still on fire

Their hooves were made of steel

Swamp Boy With Guitar: Their horns were black and shiny

And their hot breath he could feel

Swamp Boy With Banjo: A bolt of fear went through him

As they thundered through the sky

Swamp Boys, Henry, and Vultures: For he saw the Riders coming hard

And he heard their mournful cry

Yippie-yi-ayyyy

Yippie-yi-oooh

Ghost Riders in the sky

Thunder can be heard rumbling, and the theater goes into a blackout. A lone spotlight eventually shines on the red curtain of the first stage to the left of the main stage. Standing there is a big fat bear, Big Al.
1253045273_1305aecb15.jpg

Big Al: There was blood on the saddle

And blood all around

And a great big pile of blood on the ground

He chuckles and his curtain closes. Henry reappears with a live raccoon (named Sammy) sitting on his top hat.

Henry%202.jpg

Henry: Born on a mountaintop in Tennessee

Greenest state in the land of the free

Raised in the woods so’s he knew every tree

Tamed him a bear when he was only three

Henry and Sammy: Davy, Davy Crockett,

The king of the wild frontier

Henry: Up through the woods he’s a marching along

Suddenly, Big Al reappears, singing “Blood on the Saddle” again.

Henry: Whoa, hold on there, Big Al! You’ve had your turn!

Sammy: Henry, we need help!

Henry: You’re right, Sammy! Guys, a little help here!

The show’s previous performers (except for the Vultures, the terrier dog, and Mother Rabbit) reappear. Big Al continues to play.

Everyone: Well he’s big around the middle

And he’s broad across the rump

Running 90 miles an hour

Making 30 feet a jump

He’s never been cornered

And he’s never been treed

Some folks say he looks a lot like me

Goose Brother: Everybody now!

Everyone: High on the mountain

Tell me what do you see?

Bear tracks! Bear tracks!

Looking back at me

He’s big around the middle

And he’s broad across the rump

Running 90 miles an hour

Making 30 feet a jump

He’s never been cornered

And he’s never been treed

Some folks say he looks a lot like me

Goose Brother: All together!

Everyone: High on the mountain

Tell me what do you see?

Bear tracks! Bear tracks!

Looking back at me

The whole theater then goes dark. A crashing noise can be heard coming from Big Al’s stage. When the light goes back on, Henry is the only performer left.

Henry: Ha ha ha, well, as you can see, at the Frontierland Jamboree we’re just one big happy family. And this is the end of our show.

Sammy: We hope you’ve had a heck of a time.

Henry: Thanks for bearing with us to the end and come back and see us again real soon. So long, folks!

He begins to sing again.

Henry: Look for the Bare Necessities, the simple Bare Necessities

Forget about your worries and your strife

I mean the Bare Necessities, they’re Mother Nature’s recipes

That bring the Bare Necessities of life

As he continues to sing, a cast member helps us out of the theater. So long, folks!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Nice! If anything, I'd add Teddi Barra (have her come out of the chandelier, that'd be awesome), and maybe add one or two more songs, perhaps "Old Kentucky Home" and "How Long Will My Baby Be Gone?"

Brer Panther

Thanks! Small question... Will our Tommorowland have a Buzz Lightyear? Because if it doesn't, I have an idea for a replacement dark ride (like what we're doing in Fantasyland).

Twilight_Roxas

Then should there be somewhat a mini land theme to Wreck-It Ralph like a Sugar Rush Racers attraction, a 4D Hero's Duty shooting ride, and meet & greet for Ralph & Vanellope? Btw does Vanellope & Hiro appear in the finale of Fantasmic?

orlando678-

I had an idea for Mystic Seas. It is called Legends of The Seas. In this ride we will follow S.E.A member D-ick( sorry autocorrect) Odys who is a sea voyager. This time we follow him on a journey where we encounter legendary sea creatures as sea serpents, krakens and mermaids. The ride would be an advanced and longer version of Maelstrom but just with a different storyline and track.

orlando678-

Also i think this would be the scary sinbad ride but then with way more advanced technology while a Sinbads seven voyages or the Odyssey could be more kid friendly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom