Disneyland After Dark - Eighties Night

Curious Constance

Also no Starcade? Seems to be a bit of a missed opportunity to not reopen it again with some 80's arcade games (including Disney's own Tron) again. Maybe get Arcade1up or Atgames who both distribute home arcade units with Disney properties to sponsor it.
If it’s not a food item, photo op, or dance party, it doesn’t belong in a Disney special event, thank you very much!!!!!

Figments Friend

They need to do a '60s Night'....if they have not already.
Just image the clothing people would be wearing.....

And hey, Disney could re-enact that famous protest that happened on Tom Sawyer Island!
Talk about 'exclusive Event-only one time offering'.
And bring out some of those truly trippy characters for the photo ops.....like the Day-Glo colored 'Aristocats' characters.
Yeah i know...the film released in 1970, but these psychedelic band mates are a must !

Aristocats jazz cats.jpg

OH...and bring out ALL of the original 'Jungle Book' friends (Col. Hathai, and Mowgli as well as the regulars..) !
Yeahhh....not THAT would be worth attending.

To make it a truly more authentic experience though, they should offer food and snacks at the Event that night at Disneyland 60s prices.
:)

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

And yeah....

It is not truly '80s Night' at Disneyland without 'Captain Eo'.
Obviously they could not be bothered to load up the 70mm film in the theater that is likely still sitting in it's giant canister.
I suspect it has more to do with the questionable 'documentary' about Michael that erased any chance of it playing for the night.
A shame....

-

SuddenStorm

And yeah....

It is not truly '80s Night' at Disneyland without 'Captain Eo'.
Obviously they could not be bothered to load up the 70mm film in the theater that is likely still sitting in it's giant canister.
I suspect it has more to do with the questionable 'documentary' about Michael that erased any chance of it playing for the night.
A shame....

-

I assume that they converted the film to digital 3D when they brought it back 10 years ago... which would mean all it would take to bring it back would be pressing some buttons on the computer. They wouldn't even have to program all the theater effects.

SuddenStorm

It'd be fun if they did splash mountain with the original ending song

Does anyone have a comparison of the two? This is something I've heard, but I've never heard what the original one was and Youtube videos of Splash in the '90s sound pretty dang close to how it sounds today.

Figments Friend

I assume that they converted the film to digital 3D when they brought it back 10 years ago... which would mean all it would take to bring it back would be pressing some buttons on the computer. They wouldn't even have to program all the theater effects.

Last I was aware, the 70mm print that had been in storage at WDW's Tomorrowland ex-Skyway station was the reel sent for use at Disneyland when the 'Captain Eo Tribute' opened.

I'm not aware of it being digitally transferred ...and have been under the impression that the film reel itself was what was in use daily at the Attraction.

The picture quality and subtle sound of the projector ( I always sat in the last full row ). were things I recall when enjoying the show during that brief re-issue time.

It was a plus for me, as it added to the 'vintage' , 'retro' vibe of it all.
Analog technology rules.

:)

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom