News Disneyland After Dark 2022

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Event dates -

Disneyland After Dark: Sweethearts’ Nite

Feb. 1, 3, 8, 10 and 14, 2022, at Disneyland Park

(Tickets on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning Dec. 9, 2021, no earlier than noon PT)

Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite

March 8 and 10, 2022, at Disney California Adventure Park

(Tickets on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning Jan. 11, 2022)

Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite

May 3, 4 and 27, 2022, at Disneyland Park

(Tickets on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning Jan. 11, 2022)

"If you previously purchased a ticket for the 2020 Disneyland After Dark: Villains Nite or Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite events, you can exchange your 2020 event ticket(s) to one of the nights of the new event of the same theme (e.g., exchange 2020 Villains Nite ticket for ticket to Villains Nite on March 8 or 10, 2022, or exchange 2020 Star WarsNite ticket for ticket to Star Wars Nite on May 3 or 4, 2022, respectively) anytime from today through Jan. 8, 2022. An exchange for a 2020 Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite ticket for a ticket to the May 27, 2022, Star Wars Nite can be made, but with an additional fee equal to the difference in price of the 2020 and 2022 tickets. Visit Disneyland.com/ExtrasUpdates for more information. Simply call Guest Information Ticket Sales at (714) 300-7807 by Jan. 8, 2022, to make that exchange. Disneyland After Dark tickets purchased in 2020 will not be valid for admission to any event and must be exchanged to participate in an event.

If you do not wish to exchange your 2020 Disneyland After Dark event ticket to the new event dates or you missed the exchange window, you may call (714) 300-7807 for your options."

waltography

The additional $66 fee in order to exchange your 2020 tickets to Star Wars Nite for the Friday date is scummy. That's about as much as I can bring myself to care about these "nites."

CaptinEO

Will there be cardboard cutout photo ops with hour long lines? If so this event is a steal! #magical

In all seriousness, how long do you think it will take before Disneyland closes daily year round at 6pm for regular guests to support these "events". I see it happening within the next few years.

mickEblu

Will there be cardboard cutout photo ops with hour long lines? If so this event is a steal! #magical

In all seriousness, how long do you think it will take before Disneyland closes daily year round at 6pm for regular guests to support these "events". I see it happening within the next few years.

I don’t get it. Then again I’m not a meet n greet or photo op kind of guy. The only thing that appeals to me are things like the Mark Twain cruise with a jazz band or very short lines for rides but even then I’ve been on them countless times and the up charge isn’t worth it. If they tried to recreate an old timey Date Night at Disneyland I’d be interested. Not sure if that’s what they re going for with SweetHearts Night.

waltography

I don’t get it. Then again I’m not a meet n greet or photo op kind of guy. The only thing that appeals to me are things like the Mark Twain cruise with a jazz band or very short lines for rides but even then I’ve been on them countless times and the up charge isn’t worth it. If they tried to recreate an old timey Date Night at Disneyland I’d be interested. Not sure if that’s what they re going for with SweetHearts Night.
I think they're going for a Date Nite-esque vibe, yes, but they're treating it like any other party which makes it feel tacky. I'd be more interested if they tried reviving the Carnation Plaza Gardens swing dancing.

SoCalDisneyLover

The additional $66 fee in order to exchange your 2020 tickets to Star Wars Nite for the Friday date is scummy. That's about as much as I can bring myself to care about these "nites."
I think they're going to set the pricing for that particular date $66 higher than the others. Similar to how they did the Ooogie Boogie Bash pricing, with certain days higher than others. They had Saturday nights at $169, while the early Tuesdays were only $114.

That being the case, I see nothing wrong with them charging the difference for what they consider a premium night, different than what was originally paid for.

Harleygirl

As someone who's interested and finally able to go to a Star Wars night, any tips on getting tickets? I'm not interested in stupid cardboard cut outs, I just want access to rides, the cantina, and walking around Disney at a possibly less busy time.

CaptinEO

As someone who's interested and finally able to go to a Star Wars night, any tips on getting tickets? I'm not interested in stupid cardboard cut outs, I just want access to rides, the cantina, and walking around Disney at a possibly less busy time.
Honestly just show up at opening for Disneyland or if you are a late riser stay till closing.

Before 1130am and after 9pm are dead any day I've gone.

You mentioned yourself you aren't into cardboard cutouts, so it makes sense to not bother with this event.

Tha Realest

Does anyone know when these tickets go on sale? Looking at one of the Villains nights but unsure when it opens for sale, other than tomorrow (also no clear indications as to what attractions are offered and such, but oh well)

AJFireman

I asked when I exhanged my Star Wars tickets and no time was known. I called the ticket number today as well and she stated they were not given a time either

As for rides for Villains the website only says no Grizzly River Run but more could be added.

waltography

First photos/videos from Sweethearts Nite are trickling in:

Mostly the same things as 2020 but with characters being socially distanced from guests and each other. Some design treatments (particularly with the castle) are baffling. Nice to see entertainment like the band still happens at DL but wish it weren't paywalled.

TP2000

Last night there was a burst of fireworks on the horizon from Disneyland. It didn't look like a normal show, it was only a minute or two of fireworks over the Castle. Was that it? The wind was calm last night, so I doubt it was a mid-show cancellation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom