News Disneyland After Dark 2022

mickEblu

Is it just me, or do the turkey legs have way too much meat on them? I’m a carnivore, but I eventually started to gag that one time I had a turkey leg. So much meat.

It’s a lot. I only get them when I’m sharing with at least one other person. These days I’m putting the Turkey leg meat in the sourdough bread which also helps. The one time I had a Turkey leg by myself I didn’t feel great after. Salt overload.

Californian Elitist

It’s a lot. I only get them when I’m sharing with at least one other person. These days I’m putting the Turkey leg meat in the sourdough bread which also helps. The one time I had a Turkey leg by myself I didn’t feel great after. Salt overload.
Yeah, I forgot to mention the salt. WOW. Needed some water on that turkey.

Putting it on bread is a good idea.

Practical Pig

My elementary school cafeteria had five meals total, each served on the same day of the week. I forget which day for each meal except that the pasty Chicken ala King was Thursdays, and hot dogs were Fridays. Other than that, we had spaghetti cooked to mush, that same terrible pizza, a previously frozen hamburger puck, and Salisbury steak that seemed to be half sawdust with a brown gravy that tasted like salt and regret.

I don't have a lot of nostalgia for it.

Practical Pig

What in the world is chicken ala king?
It was, and apparently still is since Swanson sells a canned version, a pasta concoction with chicken, a sauce/gravy substance of some kind and some token vegetable like frozen peas. When kept in the warming trays for too long, it would become texturally (ahem) compromised. Our version just had peas for the veg and much less sauce than this picture.

Chicken-a-la-King-6-1024x1536.jpg

Californian Elitist

It was, and apparently still is since Swanson sells a canned version, a pasta concoction with chicken, a sauce/gravy substance of some kind and some token vegetable like frozen peas. When kept in the warming trays for too long, it would become texturally (ahem) compromised. Our version just had peas for the veg and much less sauce than this picture.

View attachment 635601
I’ve actually had this before, but not at school, THANK GOD.

TP2000

Disney has announced a new After Dark event - Disneyland After Dark: Grad Nite Reunion.

Ticket prices start at $150 per person.

"Disneyland After Dark: Grad Nite Reunion will be offered on June 23, 28, and 30, 2022. Tickets will go on sale on Disneyland.com, beginning April 28, 2022, no earlier than noon PT.

Here are some of the details for what you can expect at Disneyland After Dark: Grad Nite Reunion.
  • Enjoy sightings of beloved Disney characters throughout the evening with a few favorites proudly wearing their cap and gown
  • March-along pep-rally style with some favorite Disney friends
  • Dance through the decades to hits of today and yesterday
  • Retro photo opportunities
  • Unique, cafeteria-inspired food and beverage offerings
  • Special after-hours access to most of the park’s attractions
  • Party attire encouraged. Don’t forget to show your school spirit! (Please read the Disneyland Resort Attire Guidelines).
Visit Disneyland.com/DisneylandAfterDark for additional details. Parking fees are not included in the ticket price. A limited quantity of tickets for each event will be available, so be sure to snag tickets as soon as they go on sale!"

Is it just me, or does this just sound like a Singles Bar hook up party for divorcee's and unmarried high school graduates?

Who is the audience for this event? High school chums who actually kept in contact aside from the 10 year reunions? It just sounds... like a hook up opportunity for people who think they should have married their 17 year old Prom date instead of the girl/guy they met four years later in college.

TP2000

Thank your lucky stars that you don't know what it is.:)
Chicken "in the manner of the " King

I haven't had Chicken a la' King in years, but it was a big entree decades ago! I hadn't seen it mentioned in many years. It wasn't bad. Although a school cafeteria version of it would probably be bad.

But then, school cafeteria versions of almost anything are bad.

Dear Prudence

I didn't go to my grad nite when I graduated, and not even a Disneyland one would have convinced me to go be with most of those horrible people any second longer than I had to. I am not sure who this event even seems like it's for, but it's giving me nostalgia in a Bad Memory Lane way.

Californian Elitist

This event is for people that want to spend their money on these events lol.

I actually like the senior year of high school theme. It’s cute and maybe even a little funny, but there’s no way I’d pay $150+ for this, especially if the food options are inspired by gag-worthy Chicken á la King, hard pizza, and cold taters.

Californian Elitist

This was honestly painful to watch, but I thought I’d post it anyway. The cheer choreography was boring, some of the band members were off beat and quite awkward, and everything else was meh. Seemed hastily put together.

As a previous competitive dancer, I could have come up with better choreography.

Parteecia

This was honestly painful to watch, but I thought I’d post it anyway. The cheer choreography was boring, some of the band members were off beat and quite awkward, and everything else was meh. Seemed hastily put together.

As a previous competitive dancer, I could have come up with better choreography.

Poor college band had to stay up late. I do like that they opened with "Bubbles was a Cheerleader."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom