Disneyland 3rd park Discussion

SuddenStorm

Expansions to existing successful parks are a safer strategy and the Iger era of Disney has been about playing as safe as possible.

Only if we ignore the huge Shanghai project Iger led.

In theory though, a third park in Anaheim would be a "safe" investment if executed well. The Anaheim resort is the most popular it's ever been, and the most financially viable.

SuddenStorm

With all the political drama going on between Anaheim and Disney- the fact that Disney couldn't get the Eastern Gateway or new hotel off the ground, I doubt TDA is even considering trying to get a whole new theme park built.

I bet after SWGE, Marvel Land, Mickey's Runaway, and a Fantasyland+Tomorrowland expansion we see less money invested in Anaheim for a decade or so.

Rich T

I agree with the view that Disney should get DCA right first.

And for all we know, the bottom could completely fall out of the theme park market in the future. How much money are people willing to spend for a day at a park as home entertainment continues to get more immersive? $250? $300? Per person? Things could change drastically in the next 20-30 years.

NateD1226

I doubt it is going to happen soon. Doesn't Disneyland have a time capsule under the castle? Maybe there are unused plans for lands and parks in there. They can use that to create the 3rd gate once they take it out.

Disneycorn

Original Poster
Someone told me on ush forums that some insiders said that Disney is going to announce a 3rd and 4th game park and 16 new hotels Tomorrow let’s taking a grain of soaked and hope it’s true if not I’m ok with two gates

NateD1226

Someone told me on ush forums that some insiders said that Disney is going to announce a 3rd and 4th game park and 16 new hotels Tomorrow let’s taking a grain of soaked and hope it’s true if not I’m ok with two gates

images

Disneylover152

I think whoever told you this is pulling your leg. Disney has 0 interest in building a new hotel never mind a third gate.

DanielBB8

Fans want the 3rd park because they want Disneyland to be less crowded. It’s like the whole argument is about making Disneyland more comfortable for them. Did any new parks make the Magic Kingdom less crowded? MK exceeds Disneyland attendance by at least 2 million. The only place where attendance at a Disneyland park became less is Tokyo where the park attendance leveled out at DisneySeas. Perhaps they should learn to make the other parks a lot better.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I'm sorry but their post comes across as snarky and sarcastic and not really someone that has inside information.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet kid.

lazyboy97o

Only if we ignore the huge Shanghai project Iger led.

In theory though, a third park in Anaheim would be a "safe" investment if executed well. The Anaheim resort is the most popular it's ever been, and the most financially viable.
The vast majority of the cost for Shanghai Disneyland was paid for by Shanghai. Disney can’t justify a new park with their current, out of control costs.

SuddenStorm

So I've read over that thread, I assume you're joey. Its a bunch of people sarcastically answering you because you've link to other forums as "proof" of something happening.

There is no announcement coming about a 3rd park.

For those curious - Funny Thread

Oof, someone on there said "I have my doubts Anaheim will get a 3rd gate until DCA's attendance actually starts to match DLR's... and who knows if that will ever happen. "

So when DCA's attendance matches the entire Disneyland Resort's- we're getting a third gate!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom