Disneyland 3rd park Discussion

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
If all the right pieces fell into place, and I mean a perfect world situation were to occur, I think Disney might entertain the idea of creating a third gate where the Angel's stadium is.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think it depends on how you define "future". Your account lists you as 19. So am I of the opinion that a 3rd park might be possible in your lifetime, maybe. However I'm in my 40s, I don't think it'll happen in my lifetime, no matter how much I wish it.

With that said, Iger basically said a 3rd park is not in the cards for Anaheim. Their plan is currently to expand within the existing footprint of the two parks. There is still unused space they can utilize within both Disneyland and DCA. That is what I personally see happening for the next 15-20 years.

But as the old saying goes, the only thing constant in life is change. So who knows what a future CEO may decide.

GrizzlyAdams

If Disney continues to succeed on all fronts then I bet it happens in 10 years... plans for anyway. But that's best case scenario. If they get into financial difficulties, 20 years. So how's that for a prediction, between 10-20 years? But they will expand into a new park somewhere in Southern Ca.

TwilightZone

Let's see what disney has to do before the third gate:
Marvel land in dca
Tomorrowland redo
Toontown redo/replacement (more leaning to redo with runaway railway and all that)
Maybe more dca additions (do something with paradise park, maybe add more ips in other places, remove or redo hollywoodland).
so not for a long time, if at all.

britain

It will take 10 - 20 years to come up with a new "crown jewel" IP successful enough to be deemed worthy of anchoring a new park and yet won't fit in other two.

Sharon&Susan

I don't think we'll see a third park in Anaheim until Iger steps down and Disney gets a CEO that likes to take risks. New parks take years to break even and are always somewhat of a gamble. Expansions to existing successful parks are a safer strategy and the Iger era of Disney has been about playing as safe as possible.

TwilightZone

I don't think we'll see a third park in Anaheim until Iger steps down and Disney gets a CEO that likes to take risks. New parks take years to break even and are always somewhat of a gamble. Expansions to existing successful parks are a safer strategy and the Iger era of Disney has been about playing as safe as possible.
I don't think it's a risk issue as to why there isn't a third park.
I mean it's part of it with the city and all that.
But there's also money, time, and interest.

Dare I say there's no interest for a third park right now for the public.

BrianLo

After they’ve used the Marvel plot, and maybe moved a few bits around to put in The Mickey ride...they literally will have no room to build other than to replace, won’t they?

As @TwilightZone mentioned there is still quite a bit in the way of Tomorrowland, Autopia's complex, Wonderbra, Toontown and DCA's Hollywood/Bus lot.

I still think a Tokyo Disney Sea style expansion could occur for DCA on the Simba lot down the line.

BrianLo

To answer the OP's question, I think Tokyo's moves are more indicative of the direction of the Disneyland resort. The two existing gates can still be surprisingly expanded before moving into a third separate complex.

I think only Shanghai will get a near term new gate with Hong Kong/Paris being possible within 15-20 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom