Disney'd Out?

sublimesting

Here is too much Disney: Last year the DW and I were on Day 10, the last day of our trip. We were at the MK for the 5th time and had ridden everything multiple times. It was about 100 + humidity and although we were drinking alot of water we were just getting too overheated and worn out. But, we had 3 fast passes each somehow and everytime we were working our way out we'd run into another line too short to pass up and then it was time to get another fast pass (cause you don't want to waste those), and this went on and on. We couldn't get out of the park! Finally the DW said "We have to leave or I might not like Disney anymore, I am getting tired of riding and way too hot." So we hopped on Winnie the Pooh and got stuck for about 2 hours in line somehow (it looked so much shorter). So that did it for us and we left.

Now we're going back for another round.

cococola44

Original Poster
I think some people are Disney'd out before they even get to the parks. You know these people. They're the ones who are complaining all day and saying "I don't see what's so special about this place. Six Flags has much better rides than these."

Then there's people on the opposite end of the spectrum (like me) who could live onsite and never get tired of it. For people like us, Disney is a lifestyle.

However, most people are somewhere in between. They're fascinated by the the magic of WDW and have a wonderful vacation but are of the mindset "It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live here."

ohh but i did and i LOVED IT

cococola44

Original Poster
Here is too much Disney: Last year the DW and I were on Day 10, the last day of our trip. We were at the MK for the 5th time and had ridden everything multiple times. It was about 100 + humidity and although we were drinking alot of water we were just getting too overheated and worn out. But, we had 3 fast passes each somehow and everytime we were working our way out we'd run into another line too short to pass up and then it was time to get another fast pass (cause you don't want to waste those), and this went on and on. We couldn't get out of the park! Finally the DW said "We have to leave or I might not like Disney anymore, I am getting tired of riding and way too hot." So we hopped on Winnie the Pooh and got stuck for about 2 hours in line somehow (it looked so much shorter). So that did it for us and we left.

Now we're going back for another round.

:lol:3.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
:confused:
I still do not understand how having a dream like that means you are having too much Disney..But Maybe I am weird like that..:D

You're not weird. Either that, or we're both weird 'cause I was lost too. Still am. I found the story funny, so no problem there, but don't quite get how being over tired means you've had too much Disney.

For me too much Disney is when you drive all the way there, and then don't feel like going on anything because you been on everything too many times already. So you end up walking around and/or people watching. I guess this would only happen to AP people though, huh:eek:

ChrisQ

You just had too much of it.

For me, when it comes to Disney, I don't think I could ever get too much of it. I mean, I'm already excited about a trip I'm taking 10 months from now. Now, I'll admit, when it's time to go home, I'm ready to go home, but I don't think that means I've had enough (or too much) of WDW.

Fun2BFree

Lack of sleep, over activity, over stimulation, exhaustion etc will all do weird things to your mind. A couple of years ago when I was working 80-100 hour weeks on a regular basis I would see my computer screen in my sleep and my wife would tell me how on occasion my hands were moving like I was using a computer in my sleep.

A few years ago, I managed to sleepwalk down the stairs and start doing the dishes, whilst sleeping! :eek:

Kristamouse

We were Disney'd out the first day of our trip 2 years ago. DH and I had drove all night from KY. We take turns to sleep but sleeping in a car is not that restful. We also had our two kids with us, DS was 2 and DD was 1. We check in to ASSp at like 6.00 AM and of course our room is not ready. So we are all excited to be at WDW go to Mc D's for breakfest, and I get this ideal to go to MGM for the morning. I was an EE day and we weren't going to go there anyway so why not use our ticket for the whole day and not just at night like our orginal plan. So I get the clothes out of the suitcases (kids were in PJ's) and we are at MGM by like 7.45. We get in are have a good couple of hrs. Then BAM! by 11.00 both kids were crying DH and I were so tired and I called our room was still not ready. They told us to call back at 2.00. 2.00 that was like 3 hrs away! I started sobbing on the phone to this very wonderful CM, Rico. In my crying/exhuasted voice I explained that I knew check in was 3.00 pm and that it was not his or WDW's fault that we were up all night or that my kids were tired or that I was in tears but if there was ANYTHING he could do I would name my next child after him. Thank GOODNESS for Rico, he did find us a room and told me to have a good nap. I got of the phone and was now crying for joy when DH told me that we already had TOO MUCH DISNEY! Thankfull we grabed lunch from the food court and had a great nap like 4 hrs long and then a wonderful evening at MNSSHP. Oh and I am PG with #3 and I guess boy or girl it is a Rico.
So yes you can be Disney'd out.

maggiegrace1

You're not weird. Either that, or we're both weird 'cause I was lost too. Still am. I found the story funny, so no problem there, but don't quite get how being over tired means you've had too much Disney.

For me too much Disney is when you drive all the way there, and then don't feel like going on anything because you been on everything too many times already. So you end up walking around and/or people watching. I guess this would only happen to AP people though, huh:eek:
Oh good...:D
I am just like WHAT?:confused::veryconfu
:lol:

I go once a year and just walk around and it and people watch..I LOVE doing that..:)

Just being there makes me Happy!

hpyhnt 1000

Oh good...:D
I am just like WHAT?:confused::veryconfu
:lol:

I go once a year and just walk around and it and people watch..I LOVE doing that..:)

I second that! I don't go to WDW for the rides anymore. For me, its the atmosphere and magic that is associated with being there. It is the only place I know where I can forget the worries and obligations of reality.

Personally, I don't think I'll ever get tired of World Showcase. What better way to end the day than with the atmosphere of World Showcase and the beauty of Illuminations? *Sigh* :eek:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

I second that! I don't go to WDW for the rides anymore. For me, its the atmosphere and magic that is associated with being there. It is the only place I know where I can forget the worries and obligations of reality.

Personally, I don't think I'll ever get tired of World Showcase. What better way to end the day than with the atmosphere of World Showcase and the beauty of Illuminations? *Sigh* :eek:

I agree completely. I feel this way mostly in Epcot and totally get the feeling of just being home.

ajsayas

I must agree with everyone above me!!!!

I have been to wdw several times and stayed at my fair share of on and off site hotels. I am married and have to kids and I must say that I do enjoy walking around and looking and seeing the excitement on people faces of just being there and yes i do agree it definetly takes you out of the world we live in and make you feel like you are in a old school calgon commercial. For the first time I must admit I did have the feeling of being Disneyed out this past christmas I dont know because my wife wasn't with me (she had to work and couldn't get off and the trip was paid for) but i had my daughters with me it didn't feel the same. But we made the best of it. But i dont know if anyone else feels this way.

dixiegirl

I just want to know how the thread subject has anything to do with the post?

Disney'd out?

Am I missing somthing here?

Thank You!!!! I realize its pretty early that I'm reading this thread , but glad it was'nt only me, who was wondering the same thing!!!!!..But Since we are only the subject..(I think)...NO NO NO...I will never ever be disney'd out....I love going there 2 to 3 times a year, I love that everything around my home pertains to disney...my car included....I love that my kids who are 4 and 7 are brainwashed as well and probably have been to disney now in their young lives than most adults have ever been or care to go) in their adults years...I love the fact that friends and family know that disney is "our thing", I love getting the "So , how many more days?"..and know that people are refering to a disney trip....yes every now and then some one will ask the foolish question " don't you ever get sick of that place?"....But pretty much we don't get that any more..Or "well maybe when the kids are older, it is a kids trip.."..Uh ..no...we'll probably go even more.....I love DISNEYWORLD!!! Plain and simple...It's my happy place!!!

72 more days till our Disney cruise...Wooo HOOOO!!!!

EdHi

I think everyone has a bad (okay, for WDW, maybe a just a sub-par) trip eventually. I remember several years ago we went in October. Record heat wave. Daughter got sick. After trudging around in the heat and humidity for several days (up at dawn, back at midnight) we were all ragged out. (Sorry, we simply do not go in summer. We live in Texas. I get all the heat and humidity I need.) Everyone griping. People in the park all seemed to be feeling the effects. It kind of makes me wonder what summer is like there.

On the way back to the room w/ breakfast one morning, I dropped the tray trying to push the elevator button. Chocolate milk, coffee, and doughnuts everywhere. I just lost it. 'We're tired of this place', I said. 'We're not coming back for at least 3 years.' My oldest, teenage daughter, the one at that age where you are typically blase about everything, burst into tears. 'B B B But I don't want to wait three years!'

I thought she was having a terrible time. I felt so bad. 'Come on, when have we gone three years w/ out a visit?'

And we didn't. The next time, October again, record cold spell. Rained constantly. Had to buy coats and sweatshirts (when we could find them on bare racks. That is still one of my favorite coats.). I remember sitting on a bench late one night outside Space Mountain waiting for the girls. Cold, drizzle, hood up, feeling sorry for the guy curled up on the bench next to mine wearing nothing but a tshirt. Guess what? We had a blast!

Nemo14

I think all the OP was saying was that she had waited in so many lines that vacation that she even dreamed about waiting in lines. I can understand that happening after spending that amount of time just riding the rides, which face it, for many people, that's all they do there. :shrug:

maggiegrace1

I agree completely. I feel this way mostly in Epcot and totally get the feeling of just being home.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

World Showcase and Main Street makes me HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
I think all the OP was saying was that she had waited in so many lines that vacation that she even dreamed about waiting in lines. I can understand that happening after spending that amount of time just riding the rides, which face it, for many people, that's all they do there. :shrug:
I eventually got that..:lol:

Who waits in lines longer then 15 minutes anyway?
:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom