Disney YOU HAD BETTER START LISTENING...

bjlc57

Original Poster
I just read 14 pages of WDW being stale. Now a few years ago, this thread wouldn't have lasted two pages much less 14..

but now, this thread had legs and legs and legs..

and judging by a combination of the economy, previous high gas prices and the miserly attitude of Disney World, I see this year as one of being a down year for this attraction..

and I say that Disney, you had better start listening. You have the golden goose but its getting very sick from lack of attention. and Trust me, any place can go out of business. EVEN DISNEY WORLD.

it's fair time that you stop raising prices and giving less to your consumers.

its time that you give more and charge a little less. Or things can turn and go down hill in a hurry..

One thing is that Disney needs x number of dollars to maintain upkeep. Just like the hotel that I USED TO STAY AT.. 20 years ago.. it was busting at the seems . it was free breakfest and a tank full of gas when you left..

and then the owners kept profit taking and no money in to upkeep..

First the gas station closed.. Then the restaurant .. and from what I here the hotel doesn't exist any more..

Disney.. you need to be listening.. because people are starting to talk.. and its not being stopped either.. and that friction means you can get some smoke... and eventually with smoke there is fire..

Its time for a call to action.. Disney.. ARE YOU LISTENING?

WDWFREAK53

I just read 14 pages of WDW being stale. Now a few years ago, this thread wouldn't have lasted two pages much less 14..

but now, this thread had legs and legs and legs..

and judging by a combination of the economy, previous high gas prices and the miserly attitude of Disney World, I see this year as one of being a down year for this attraction..

and I say that Disney, you had better start listening. You have the golden goose but its getting very sick from lack of attention. and Trust me, any place can go out of business. EVEN DISNEY WORLD.

its time that you give more and charge a little less. Or things can turn and go down hill in a hurry..

One thing is that Disney needs x number of dollars to maintain upkeep. Just like the hotel that I USED TO STAY AT.. 20 years ago.. it was busting at the seems . it was free breakfest and a tank full of gas when you left..

and then the owners kept profit taking and no money in to upkeep..

First the gas station closed.. Then the restaurant .. and from what I here the hotel doesn't exist any more..

Disney.. you need to be listening.. because people are starting to talk.. and its not being stopped either.. and that friction means you can get some smoke... and eventually with smoke there is fire..

Its time for a call to action.. Disney.. ARE YOU LISTENING?

Why would they worry when they're putting out quality entertainment like High School Musical 3 and Beverly Hills Chihuahua? :lookaroun

EDIT: BTW, It doesn't even seem like fans of American Idol are looking forward to the American Idol attraction :lol: The plus side is...if someone from DHS goes far in the actual American Idol...it will give DHS mass "buzz."

Dragonrider1227

MICKEY: SORRY! CAN'T HEAR YA! COUNTING MY MONEY!
Honestly, I feel like the only one who can still have a good time at Disney Cutbacks or not :shrug:

Hot4Hudgens

MICKEY: SORRY! CAN'T HEAR YA! COUNTING MY MONEY!
Honestly, I feel like the only one who can still have a good time at Disney Cutbacks or not :shrug:

I'm with you. Unless there's a significant raise in prices, I'm going to keep going. And going. And then go some more. They don't need new attractions, hotels, or anything of the like to keep me coming back. I'll be there regardless. A lot of people just sound like a bunch of spoiled brats.

mcjaco

I think it's a bit more complicated than raising prices and giving us nothing. Disney is still the best theme parks in the world. Until someone else starts to seriously make some noise, it ain't happening.

Disney05

.......and I say that Disney, you had better start listening. You have the golden goose but its getting very sick from lack of attention. and Trust me, any place can go out of business. EVEN DISNEY WORLD.
Never gonna happen, sorry. History has proven even in a down economy some things can and will survive. You make it sound like the place is falling down around their ears. I just came back from WDW and it was the most crowded I've ever seen it.

NCState

I'm with you. Unless there's a significant raise in prices, I'm going to keep going. And going. And then go some more. They don't need new attractions, hotels, or anything of the like to keep me coming back. I'll be there regardless. A lot of people just sound like a buch of spoiled brats.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Dragonrider1227

I'm with you. Unless there's a significant raise in prices, I'm going to keep going. And going. And then go some more. They don't need new attractions, hotels, or anything of the like to keep me coming back. I'll be there regardless. A lot of people just sound like a buch of spoiled brats.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: These people remind me of the critics from the Muppets when they were at Disney World.
"I HATE IT WHEN THERE'S NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT! BOOOO! HIIISSS! CLOSE THIS DUMP DOWN!!

EPCOT Explorer

Disney DOES listen.

And they did.

Not saying that what's gone on in the parks these last few years is RIGHT by any means (It's terrible when you think of it) but there are changes coming for the future.;)

Mickey has big ears.;):wave:

Just our opinion, but wanted to share it...

If Disney never added another new attraction, show or hotel we would still choose it as one of our favorite vacation destinations. All we ask is that they maintain what they have and keep it clean.

MAGICFLOP

This is not the first down turn in the economy, after 911 the parks were empty for a couple of years. WDW did not get ambitous, they cut back and maintained the status. I remember they had a hiring freeze. This is what every smart company does to weather the storm. I think it would be irresponsible to get into expensive abitious projects.

In a down economy it's not a matter of people deciding were to go, wdw or Vegas. People don't have the money. Disney is in the position that the people that have money will still come. I have certainly seen a lot less advertisemnt by WDW. A smart corporate move..

I renewed my annual pass in Dec,2001 and WDW gave me an extra 3 months just for renewing. These are the sign of the times we are entering again.

ttalovebug

You said it.

I'll second that. Trust me, I'm just as annoyed with alot of disney's recent desicions as the next person. I'm usually on the "whining" side, I have to admit. But you know what? It's still my favorite place in the world. I want it to be the best it can be, but some things we just can't change. Of course this is a discussion board, and we can share our thoughts, but people are getting bitter and angry. Try to remember why you're here: because you love what Walt Disney stood for and created. Though certain things have changed, some things for the worse, that spirit and feeling is still there when you enter the gates of the Magic Kingdom, at least it is for me. And it will always be there. We passholders and locals are spoiled, having this amazing place to go to so often. Usually I too am ranting about how horrible Disney has been as of late and blah, blah, blah. But lately I have been so stressed and tired from the real world, with the election, and economy and so forth. I never thought I would be so casual about problems at disney, but there are to many real problems out there right now than to worry about if the parks are absolutely perfect. So guess what? I'm going to the happiest place on earth this weekend, and I'm going to have a great time. I pity anyone who can't do the same, because we all need it. Have a magical day! I mean it.:wave::D

djkidkaz

These threads are pathetic. Why does Steve allow them to continue?

I think the problem with this messsage board is that its going to lose alot of WDW fans due to the constant whining of a few consistent posters. You think your posts and threads about how horrible Disney is or has become is getting through to the honchos in the offices of WDW, but in actuality all your doing is pushing fans of WDW away from Steves site.

People don't come to a message board about WDW looking for someone to criticize everything the company is doing. We come here because we love the product and its our escape from reality for a few minutes to talk about the place we love and the potential for good things to come.

Maybe I should go to a wrestling message board and complain all the time how the WWE better listen up! The program stinks now cause you don't have characters like George the Animal Steele or Golddust, and everyone looks like a regular guy! Im sure thats what the WWE message board fans will enjoy!

Or maybe I will go to a video game message board and complain how games now are too complicated and it was better back in the day cause I didn't have 10 buttons on a controller. Older games were so much simpler and fun! Yeah, I bet that will make Nintendo and Sony wake up and Im sure thats what the fans on the boards will really love it.

I grew up loving wrestling and video games and still have interest in both, but I don't enjoy the products like I used too, but Im not about to go on a message board where people who do love the current products are hanging out to talk about their passion.

I think you complainers on here are rude and disrespectful to the people who come here as fans of the current product that Disney is offering.

But lately I have been so stressed and tired from the real world, with the election, and economy and so forth. I never thought I would be so casual about problems at disney, but there are to many real problems out there right now than to worry about if the parks are absolutely perfect. So guess what? I'm going to the happiest place on earth this weekend, and I'm going to have a great time. I pity anyone who can't do the same, because we all need it. Have a magical day! I mean it.:wave::D

Enjoy your trip! I am too far away to enjoy such frequent trips, but I am counting the days till my next visit in August 09, and I can't wait to feel the magic again. Is it perfect? No. Is it still my favorite place on earth? Yes! You are so right that we all face very serious problems right now--the state of WDW is certainly not one of them. Saying this does not indicate that I "drank the Disney Kool-Aid" or that I'm not for improvements--it also doesn't mean I'm not hoping for some great discounts next year!:) But no matter what, I'll be there at my Happy Place, ready to escape reality as I do best at Disney parks.

WDWFigment

These threads are pathetic. Why does Steve allow them to continue?

I think the problem with this messsage board is that its going to lose alot of WDW fans due to the constant whining of a few consistent posters. You think your posts and threads about how horrible Disney is or has become is getting through to the honchos in the offices of WDW, but in actuality all your doing is pushing fans of WDW away from Steves site.

People don't come to a message board about WDW looking for someone to criticize everything the company is doing. We come here because we love the product and its our escape from reality for a few minutes to talk about the place we love and the potential for good things to come.

Maybe I should go to a wrestling message board and complain all the time how the WWE better listen up! The program stinks now cause you don't have characters like George the Animal Steele or Golddust, and everyone looks like a regular guy! Im sure thats what the WWE message board fans will enjoy!

Or maybe I will go to a video game message board and complain how games now are too complicated and it was better back in the day cause I didn't have 10 buttons on a controller. Older games were so much simpler and fun! Yeah, I bet that will make Nintendo and Sony wake up and Im sure thats what the fans on the boards will really love it.

I grew up loving wrestling and video games and still have interest in both, but I don't enjoy the products like I used too, but Im not about to go on a message board where people who do love the current products are hanging out to talk about their passion.

I think you complainers on here are rude and disrespectful to the people who come here as fans of the current product that Disney is offering.

To each his own. I know I wouldn't be on here as much if this site were only a bunch of sparkling icons and badges, and one line posts about how Jack Sparrow is so cute, or Splash Mountain is the best ride. I know there are posts like that here now, and I know they don't interest me, so I choose to ignore them. I prefer posts of substance, and critiquing the parks' decisions is one of the few possible topics of substance (besides topics of facts, which really aren't conducive to a forum, since there need not be any discussion there).

If someone is driven away when there is a mix of content, some of which appeals to them, that is their own fault for choosing to invest too much time in the content they don't like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom