News Disney World's latest popcorn bucket release generates queues despite Mobile Order reservation system

phillip9698

View attachment 676300

This is the popcorn bucket for Black Adam which I think is both cool and functional and only $30 on eBay. Some of these “popcorn buckets” are really using the whole popcorn thing as a guise, and I wonder if that will actually cause these people to lose interest over time. They look neat though!

Yeah, Im not knocking anyone for buying trinkets that may or may not be useful. We all have our vices. I just have to lift my brow when Disney starts calling items that barely hold popcorn, popcorn buckets, simply because they know using that term will increase interest.

LittleBuford

Yeah, Im not knocking anyone for buying trinkets that may or may not be useful. We all have our vices. I just have to lift my brow when Disney starts calling items that barely hold popcorn, popcorn buckets, simply because they know using that term will increase interest.
I don’t think anyone is buying these items with the primary intention of storing popcorn. Their supposed functionality is a self-evidently fun gimmick.

phillip9698

I don’t think anyone is buying these items with the primary intention of storing popcorn. Their supposed functionality is a self-evidently fun gimmick.

Maybe im old, but i do remember a time when these popcorn buckets were filled with popcorn. And i dont mean a plastic bag of popcorn handed to you, i mean you could pop the top on the thing, have popcorn poured into it, and people went back and used them for refills.

Something like the below, while yes its a vehicle, it does hold popcorn.

Cinderella-from-Collective-pop.jpg.webp

or this

dpp248915LARGE.jpg

LittleBuford

Maybe im old, but i do remember a time when these popcorn buckets were filled with popcorn. And i dont mean a plastic bag of popcorn handed to you, i mean you could pop the top on the thing, have popcorn poured into it, and people went back and used them for refills.

Something like the below, while yes its a vehicle, it does hold popcorn.

Cinderella-from-Collective-pop.jpg.webp

or this

dpp248915LARGE.jpg
I understand your point, but I doubt anyone bought even the older bucket-type ones because they needed a vessel for holding popcorn. They have always been, first and foremost, frivolous souvenirs.

Club Cooloholic

uihy731yluvgwh2c-768x512.jpg

Mini Popcorn Bucket?

Figments Friend

Because in the movie he's wearing grey pants, then they tear them off and he has the red things on underneath. But I didn't know what breeches are until I looked it up after this post, so I could just be seeing a joke in the film where there wasn't one.

Edit: Found this:
View attachment 676195

Why am i suddenly reminded of Bob Capek as I look at this image of a obsessed amphibian riding a horses @ss.....?

🤔

-

JIMINYCR

I got mine, ordered online.... paid more than if I was at Disney but much less than whats being displayed above. I have a couple of popcorn buckets that interest me as a Dis fan for my Dis room. As a Toad fan and having very slim Toad merch out there, I wanted this. After Toad demise at MK, I figured the demand for this would be high. I wont be putting the popcorn in it but will display it with my other Toad things. A Toad statue, Toad pins, Toad car and other assorted things.

LittleBuford

I got mine, ordered online.... paid more than if I was at Disney but much less than whats being displayed above. I have a couple of popcorn buckets that interest me as a Dis fan for my Dis room. As a Toad fan and having very slim Toad merch out there, I wanted this. After Toad demise at MK, I figured the demand for this would be high. I wont be putting the popcorn in it but will display it with my other Toad things. A Toad statue, Toad pins, Toad car and other assorted things.
Good for you—enjoy it!

WorldExplorer

For the record, they're still selling these (at least, they were yesterday and the order window is still there). Four days after they were supposed to end.

Part of me feels like, good. Better to have too much than to run out after a day.

Another part of me feels like Toad just failed a "is there a rabid fanbase we have yet to market towards here?" test.

owlsandcoffee

For the record, they're still selling these (at least, they were yesterday and the order window is still there). Four days after they were supposed to end.

Part of me feels like, good. Better to have too much than to run out after a day.

Another part of me feels like Toad just failed a "is there a rabid fanbase we have yet to market towards here?" test.

Yep...it's easy for those of us here to assume we're representative but we are a niche group. Poor Mr. Toad...anon, anon.

Smiley/OCD

Just like Cabbage Patch dolls, Pokémon cards, Beanie Babies, Furbies and the Hess toy trucks that I collect, it’s all supply and demand, capitalism at its best…the trucks that were just released (and currently on sale on their website for 41.99), are on sale on eBay anywhere from list price to $100.00 each. If someone wants it THAT bad, and not willing to wait until the demand and price goes down, well…I won’t begrudge anyone, but it’s kinda foolish…

Goofnut1980

There are going to be only a select few that will know who Mr Toad even is. That attraction was there in WDW when I was a kid, but has been long gone. If someone hasn't been to DL they would never even understand that attraction.

Also $30 is a lot for some plastic that cost them about $2.50 to have made.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom