News Disney World's latest popcorn bucket release generates queues despite Mobile Order reservation system

JohnD

OK, my family are Toad superfans(kids have watched the move at least half a dozen times) and we love riding Wild Ride in DL. That said, this is not a bucket. It's..I don't know what. But I hope it sells so gosh darn well they realize maybe the ride deserves a comeback. Certainly could fit somewhere by Dumbo, no?

People forget that Mr. Toad's had separate tracks and was located where Winnie the Pooh and Princess Fairytale Hall are located now. (There's a painting of Toad handing the deed to Owl at the beginning of the ride.) I can't see them replacing Princess but Pooh could revert back to a single track for Toad. Don't expect that to ever happen, though.

Dan Deesnee

Here now in the parks. Mr Toad is a childhood favorite and the first ride I ever rode at Disney World. You can bet that I left HS and made a special trip to MK to get one.

It will sit proudly on my small shelf of Mr Toad stuff. Every time I see it I will remember this trip and also my first ever trip many years ago.

ToTBellHop

People forget that Mr. Toad's had separate tracks and was located where Winnie the Pooh and Princess Fairytale Hall are located now. (There's a painting of Toad handing the deed to Owl at the beginning of the ride.) I can't see them replacing Princess but Pooh could revert back to a single track for Toad. Don't expect that to ever happen, though.
Only Pooh. The Princesses are where Snow White was. I once read a rumor that the Snow White tracks are still below the walkway like the Imagination rumor.

hopemax

My Dad went and picked up our buckets first thing this morning. He said the queue was weird. There was one main queue which fed into 4 lines 1, 2, 3, 4. There was a backup in the feeder queue, but the numbered queues were basically empty by the time you made it to the front of the feeder. Can people not figure out how to move efficiently into a numbered line? How to find the number on the mobile app? Simply not paying attention?

Anyway, several of these more recent buckets also aren't meant to hold the popcorn directly, but have a spot that opens up and then will hold the small popcorn box. They are harder to wash, and a lot of people prefer their popcorn handed to them separately. This popcorn, however, is pre-packaged, rainbow colored. So mostly just intended for decorative purposes (and bragging rights).

WorldExplorer

I believe they’re breeches. What makes you think they’re underwear?

Because in the movie he's wearing grey pants, then they tear them off and he has the red things on underneath. But I didn't know what breeches are until I looked it up after this post, so I could just be seeing a joke in the film where there wasn't one.

Edit: Found this:
1667344186555.png

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Because in the movie he's wearing grey pants, then they tear them off and he has the red things on underneath. But I didn't know what breeches are until I looked it up after this post, so I could just be seeing a joke in the film where there wasn't one.
Breeches are basically the kind of short, tight-fitting trousers that men used to wear until the nineteenth century. Toad’s usual grey attire appears to be trousers rather than breeches. I don’t remember the scene you’re referring to, but it the red things shown below (and on the popcorn bucket) are worn under (rather than instead of) his trousers, they are indeed underwear. Well done for spotting the joke!

wind-in-the-willows-mr-toad-hidden-mickey-2.jpg

JoeCamel

Breeches are basically the kind of short, tight-fitting trousers that men used to wear until the nineteenth century. Toad’s usual grey attire appears to be trousers rather than breeches. I don’t remember the scene you’re referring to, but it the red things shown below (and on the popcorn bucket) are worn under (rather than instead of) his trousers, they are indeed underwear. Well done for spotting the joke!

wind-in-the-willows-mr-toad-hidden-mickey-2.jpg
We call it a union suit

Vegas Disney Fan

Ok, I’m fully prepared for the consequences of my following statement:
  • I want one of those buckets and I would purchase one if I was onsite this week.
Popcorn is not required for me.

We’ve got probably a dozen popcorn buckets and have got all of them without popcorn, which we don’t like.

We’ve got a few Christmas trees, which go out every December, a few Halloween ones, that go out every October, the 50th Mickey and Minnie, the Casey Jr train… not sure why anyone would mock people for buying cute souvenirs.

I just wish they’d offer more of these as sippers, they are just as cute as the buckets but the size is so much better for a souvenir.

Club Cooloholic

We’ve got probably a dozen popcorn buckets and have got all of them without popcorn, which we don’t like.

We’ve got a few Christmas trees, which go out every December, a few Halloween ones, that go out every October, the 50th Mickey and Minnie, the Casey Jr train… not sure why anyone would mock people for buying cute souvenirs.

I just wish they’d offer more of these as sippers, they are just as cute as the buckets but the size is so much better for a souvenir.
I think souvenirs are fine. I do find the prices of said buckets a bit egregious considering the material and build, but heck they are not widely available so have it.
You must be very organized compared to me too, I have several tiki mugs from Trader Sam's and they just look awkward sitting on random shelves lol.

Vegas Disney Fan

I think souvenirs are fine. I do find the prices of said buckets a bit egregious considering the material and build, but heck they are not widely available so have it.
You must be very organized compared to me too, I have several tiki mugs from Trader Sam's and they just look awkward sitting on random shelves lol.
I’m up to 6 display cabinets with glass doors and lights in them (all linked to Alexa), I try to contain my Disney fandom (and other collections) to those but it still spills over sometimes.

When I buy my retirement home I want a room specifically for my office and collections. I’d love to do wall to wall built ins just for my Disney, funko, Lego, and various other collections I’ve accumulated over the years. It would be nice to have 99% of it contained to one room.

Currently I’ve got a couple tall cabinets in the front hall, a couple short ones in the living room, a couple short ones in the dining room… my friends all know I’m a Disney fan but I always wonder if they think I’m crazy when they see my house for the first time. It’s clean and organized but it’s amazing how much a person can accumulate over a lifetime.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Can people not figure out how to move efficiently into a numbered line? How to find the number on the mobile app? Simply not paying attention?
Do you really want me to answer that question? 😬

This isn’t an AP popcorn bucket, FYI.

And what a great use of dozens of CM’s. 🤦‍♂️

Animaniac93-98

But I hope it sells so gosh darn well they realize maybe the ride deserves a comeback.

Disney has learned that they can monetize attractions long after they're gone (see: EPCOT)

They'll never understand why people liked these rides to begin with, or see the potential in returning/retaining old favorites, but they know fans will give them money for whatever.

No Name

1667400737086.jpeg

This is the popcorn bucket for Black Adam which I think is both cool and functional and only $30 on eBay. Some of these “popcorn buckets” are really using the whole popcorn thing as a guise, and I wonder if that will actually cause these people to lose interest over time. They look neat though!

VJ

Thing #478 I would do if I were a state/federal legislator: ban WDW from selling Mr. Toad-related merchandise, unless/until they bring back the attraction.
but then figment would never be spoken of again 🤭

bring back figment? ha! how about a meet and greet, or popcorn bucket, or t-shirt?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom