Disney World's 35th Anniversary

Captain Hank

Probably not too much. The Happiest Celebration on Earth will still be going on next year, and the only major development coming soon is Everest, which is part of the Happiest Celebration. There will probably be a comemerative pin, at the very least.

And please turn off your Caps Lock--it's a lot easier on the eyes without it. :wave:

dave2822

No, there is no celebration in store for WDW's 35th, which it doesn't warrant anyway, let DL have the limelight for this year and the next.

A possible next celebration would be EPCOT's 25th (2007), but there is no certainty to that either.

And there has been much added to WDW for the HCOE:

MK: Cinderellabration
EPCOT: Soarin'
MGM: LMA
AK: Lucky the Dinosaur and eventually EE

MKBurn15

It was already the 10th anniversary of AK right? Last year? To celebrate it, I went in for the second time to seek out Lucky. AND I COULDN'T FIND HIM! I asked someone, but it was too late. :(

boo52

Disney will most likely do nothing for the 35th. But do look for a big campaign to mark Epcot's 25th in 2007. Thats what I have heard is the next marketing campaign for WDW after the HCOE.

CaptainMichael

MKBurn15 said:
It was already the 10th anniversary of AK right? Last year? To celebrate it, I went in for the second time to seek out Lucky. AND I COULDN'T FIND HIM! I asked someone, but it was too late. :(

AK hasn't celebrated its 10th yet. I believe that will be in 2008. Just enough time for another attraction, if they start on it soon.

CSUFSteve

Hello,

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Is he going to California? Or, is he leaving, and not returning to a park? :confused:

Actually, he debuted at Disney's California Adventure before going to Animal Kingdom.

Steve

iangiles

well...

Pixiedust1393 said:
Any chance of him coming back to WDW?

Actually, Lucky is part of a living characters initiative. While Lucky might not return, you will see more things like it in the future. Either an improvement on the technology or a different character, or more of them etc.

Lucky is amazing yes, but he is simply the pioneer of a completely new form of entertainment.

CAPTAIN HOOK

With WDWs 35th in 2006, EPCOTs 25th in 2007 and AKs 10th in 2008 wouldn't it make economical sense for Disney just to extend HCOE and just vary the theme slightly with each birthday celebration ?

dixiegirl

dave2822 said:
No, there is no celebration in store for WDW's 35th, which it doesn't warrant anyway, let DL have the limelight for this year and the next.

A possible next celebration would be EPCOT's 25th (2007), but there is no certainty to that either.

And there has been much added to WDW for the HCOE:

MK: Cinderellabration
EPCOT: Soarin'
MGM: LMA
AK: Lucky the Dinosaur and eventually EE

god i hope if they do , do something for epcot's 25th that they do like at least one retro design shirt from the eighties...like the oldstyle...love that stuff..and to have the characters walk around with the oldstyle space suits..love to see that..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom