Disney World Workers Among 22 Nabbed in Child-Sex Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappy magoo

In fact, when they do these stings, they make mention of employment places. If it's Universal they mention it too. But they do mention if these people come into contact with children as part of their professional duties. I guess the goal is to scare parents into being hypervigilant or whatever.

The goal is not to make parents more vigilant. The goal is to make people constant viewers: "Oh My God, I never thought about that being a threat, what else do I need to know, what else is a threat, how can I keep my kids safe, how can I keep ME safe, what am I eating that could kill me, how can my identity be stolen this week, who's looking to kill me, who's looking to bomb us, who are we going to war with TELL ME TV NEWS BOX, FILL MY THINKBONE WITH ENOUGH FEAR THAT I'M NUMB WITH INDECISIVENESS SO I DO NOTHING BUT STAY HOME AND HAVE YOU TELL ME WHAT NOT TO DO 24/7!!!"

Beholder

Disney, Universal, lifeguards, IBM, Coke, sanitation employees, it doesn't matter. Sexual predators are no different than other predators in that they are opportunist. They utilize whatever camouflage and subterfuge they have available. They go where the "prey" is. They, through practice, on-line connections, and cunning, have mastered what they do. Covering their tracks, through intimidation and elusiveness serves them well. Personally, I don't believe they can be "rehabilitated" and that there is a special place in Hell for them. I've seen what the long term destruction this does. The life time of trying to put ones life back together. It's evil in every sense of the word. Whether it's psychological, part of a cycle of abuse, it's result is the same. The murder of innocence and utter violation of ones self being, physically and emotionally.

I feel strongly about this, and I lay blame where it belongs. The perpetrator of these acts, not their employers who have little or no way of knowing what sort of sub-human they hire.

WelshBatman

TELL ME TV NEWS BOX, FILL MY THINKBONE WITH ENOUGH FEAR THAT I'M NUMB WITH INDECISIVENESS SO I DO NOTHING BUT STAY HOME AND HAVE YOU TELL ME WHAT NOT TO DO 24/7!!!"

Heh, I sense a growing cynicism here but I agree and that's why everytime even the slightest thing that happens at either Disney or any of the area attractions the brand name is plastered all over the place so that people will patronize the product whether it's TV or newspaper. A couple of years ago when there was a murder in Celebration, Disney's name was all over the papers. The story had nothing to do with Disney and Disney has had nothing to do with Celebration for quite a few years but because the brand is so recognizable it was all over the place. Bad news and brand names sell...

I feel strongly about this, and I lay blame where it belongs. The perpetrator of these acts, not their employers who have little or no way of knowing what sort of sub-human they hire.

I agree, just because Disney hired these people doesn't make them bad and these cases shouldn't make the company look bad as a whole. Disney can't help that these perverts are drawn to them and like has been said, if they had no record, then there was no way to know.

Nubs70

There's a difference between knowingly employing a sex offender, and just employing people who happen to commit a crime, on their personal time.
It's not like Disney put pedophilia or 3rd degree CSC as a requirement in the job description. If Disney fails to cooperate with or impedes any investigation, plaster their name all over the place. If Disney is not at fault, leave them out of the headline. As stated prior, these type of people are everywhere (even at church) and we need to be aware, neither naive nor sensationalist.

Tom

Beta Return
It's not like Disney put pedophilia or 3rd degree CSC as a requirement in the job description. If Disney fails to cooperate with or impedes any investigation, plaster their name all over the place. If Disney is not at fault, leave them out of the headline. As stated prior, these type of people are everywhere (even at church) and we need to be aware, neither naive nor sensationalist.

I believe there should be more public education on the subject. It is becoming an ever-increasing problem, and so many parents are too naive to keep their kids safe.

Surge38

"I believe there should be more public education on the subject. It is becoming an ever-increasing problem, and so many parents are too naive to keep their kids safe."

Perhaps there is some truth to that statement....but it's not like the "journalists" had that in mind. They didn't choose to put Disney in the headline in a valiant attempt to enlighten parents about some danger they weren't aware of, or anything nearly as altruistic. They did so to sensationalize the story, plain and simple.

The message of this story should be that our law enforcement removed 20+ twisted sickos from the streets....instead our beloved "press" turns it into a chance for character assasination

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The goal is not to make parents more vigilant. The goal is to make people constant viewers: "Oh My God, I never thought about that being a threat, what else do I need to know, what else is a threat, how can I keep my kids safe, how can I keep ME safe, what am I eating that could kill me, how can my identity be stolen this week, who's looking to kill me, who's looking to bomb us, who are we going to war with TELL ME TV NEWS BOX, FILL MY THINKBONE WITH ENOUGH FEAR THAT I'M NUMB WITH INDECISIVENESS SO I DO NOTHING BUT STAY HOME AND HAVE YOU TELL ME WHAT NOT TO DO 24/7!!!"

THIS - how did we survive when we went walking in the woods with REAL firearms (.22cal) when we were 10-12 years old, No boogieman of the day came up and snatched us away to their lair where they would have done unspeakable things. (first off they would have gotten a supply of hot lead if they tried...)

I'm getting really tired of the wussification of america, Yes there ARE bad people out there but the prevalence of 'man bites dog' stories makes everyone think they are EVERYWHERE at all times instead of the small outlier of society they are.

The endless quest for ratings has damaged 2 generations and torn civil society apart.

Obi

ford91,

predators/abusers are more prevalent than you may realize and/or believe.

known statistics show that 1 out of 4 females are sexually abused and 1 out of 6 males are sexually abused.

the total population of earth is over 7 billion people.

taking the males statistic for the total population, that would show that a little over 1 billion people have been sexually abused. 1 billion....

predators/abusers are not a small group by any stretch of the imagination....

Matt_Black

ford91,

known statistics show that 1 out of 4 females are sexually abused and 1 out of 6 males are sexually abused.

taking the males statistic for the total population, that would show that a little over 1 billion people have been sexually abused. 1 billion....

Well, I doubt the abuser/ abused ratio is on a straight up 1-for-1 basis.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
ford91,

ford91,

Considering that that statistic includes name calling which makes the child 'uncomfortable' I tend to discount it,

And TRUE abusers tend to be family members or so DGM said who was a college professor and psychologist, The sexual predator roaming the streets is indeed an outlier and very rare thankfully.

Obi

no, it is not a 1 to 1 ratio... however, 1 billion people sexually abused has to put the predators/abusers in the millions... if not 100 millions... that is still a lot...

ford, the stats i gave you are for sexually abused people.. not abused by name calling...

StarWarsGirl

Considering that there have been TEACHERS in the news recently accused of having sex with students or being sexual predators, it's not at all surprising that a few WDW employees are being accused as well. Doesn't make it any less sick, but not really surprising unfortunately. What a world...

Matt_Black

Yeah, that's the other thing. Sometimes, these statistics include the 19 year old who slept with their 17 year old boyfriend or girlfriend. Technically, that makes them statutory rapists and therefore sex offenders, but it's VERY different than the adults who take advantage of children.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yeah, that's the other thing. Sometimes, these statistics include the 19 year old who slept with their 17 year old boyfriend or girlfriend. Technically, that makes them statutory rapists and therefore sex offenders, but it's VERY different than the adults who take advantage of children.
Could it also include teenagers texting inappropriate pics of themselves out, getting caught, and being declared a victim on the receiving end and deviant on the sending end?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
ford91,

"Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain

For those numbers to be facts, than that would mean that an overwhelming number of society are criminal perverts. Especially since it's also a "statistic" that most abuse happens from friends or family.

Do you truly believe that, or is the smelly brown substance spewing out of your mouth as you type overwhelming the left cerebral hemisphere?

My advice. Stop being a puppet and a parrot, and use rational thought.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Yeah, that's the other thing. Sometimes, these statistics include the 19 year old who slept with their 17 year old boyfriend or girlfriend. Technically, that makes them statutory rapists and therefore sex offenders,

Which is horribly flawed logic. There's an enormous difference between a 49 year old preying on a 13 year old, and the consensual relationship between two persons aged 17 and 19 that in most US states would be perfectly legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom