Disney World Workers Among 22 Nabbed in Child-Sex Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW1974

I'll just say that my main point was that there is something very unseemly & wrong with people posting any information from The Hub, be it this gross guy's incorrect Rostr details or parade rehearsal schedules. If Inside the Mouse's A*# w/ Ricky™ or Lou MountainJello the Disney Expert® have access to what is basically an employee tool, well that is just really unethical. If Cast Members are online posting, well right before you even sign in there's this: (And BTW, I didn't go into The Hub to get this. It's the first thing you see BEFORE signing in.)

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This material is internal to The Walt Disney Company and is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If the reader of this material is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the material to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

© Disney

That may well be, but you seriously are not surprised it happens regularly, are you?

Where would most of these lifestyler sites be if they didn't have access to info that only cast had?

Tom

Beta Return
Could really care less if it's Disney, Uni, or The Salvation Army. If it didn't happen on Disney property, then adding the name of the employer of the pervert to the story really adds no value.

I completely agree. It flat out doesn't matter where they work. The individuals are the guilty ones, not their employers.

I don't give a who they work for, because these people work everywhere. I'm not defending Disney, I'm saying that it serves no purpose to list the employers of criminals in news articles.

If the press had published the name of our company when our former employee was arrested in a similar sting, I would be beyond ed. Our company has nothing to do with children, but it projects a bad image to ignorant readers when they see an article pointing out that a pedophile works for [insert company name].

I can't say it enough that it doesn't matter, at all, where these creeps work. It just gives the media a way to stir up and instill a false sense of fear or dislike for companies that did nothing wrong.

WDW1974

I completely agree. It flat out doesn't matter where they work. The individuals are the guilty ones, not their employers.

I don't give a **** who they work for, because these people work everywhere. I'm not defending Disney, I'm saying that it serves no purpose to list the employers of criminals in news articles.

If the press had published the name of our company when our former employee was arrested in a similar sting, I would be beyond ed. Our company has nothing to do with children, but it projects a bad image to ignorant readers when they see an article pointing out that a pedophile works for [insert company name].

I can't say it enough that it doesn't matter, at all, where these creeps work. It just gives the media a way to stir **** up and instill a false sense of fear or dislike for companies that did nothing wrong.

Totally disagree, Tom.

When you work at theme parks and resorts that cater to children and are arrested for crimes against kids, it absolutely is something that should be in the stories. And I'm sorry, but I'm going to pull the 'I have worked in journalism before' card and tell you this is absolutely not done simply for sensationalism. It is stating a very pertinent fact.

Tom

Beta Return
Totally disagree, Tom.

When you work at theme parks and resorts that cater to children and are arrested for crimes against kids, it absolutely is something that should be in the stories. And I'm sorry, but I'm going to pull the 'I have worked in journalism before' card and tell you this is absolutely not done simply for sensationalism. It is stating a very pertinent fact.

Pedophiles work at retail stores, restaurants, theme parks, libraries, schools, warehouses....everywhere. None of these companies hire pedophiles - they happen to have employees who end up being caught for committing a crime.

When the story comes out, the events are in the past. When you read that 3 of 20 offenders worked at Disney World, all kinds of negative thoughts come to the front of your mind and small-minded people think, "Oh my God! We were just at Disney World! I can't believe they hired pedophiles! Kids aren't safe there!" None of which is true.

If the same report says those people worked at McDonalds - where they are equally exposed to children - people would read it and go, "Heh, how about that - glad they caught those guys. Hey kids, let's go get dinner."

I know the media loves to make companies like Disney look bad, but listing the employer of criminals does not provide a service to anyone. Nobody is any safer because someone who's in jail used to work somewhere.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm not sure if I am more disturb by the story or the ambivalence of this post.

Our archdiocese had the same ambivalence towards the children's safety in our parish until he was locally arrested like these men. Breaks my heart to think the subject isn't worthy of server space.

There's a difference between knowingly employing a sex offender, and just employing people who happen to commit a crime, on their personal time.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Totally disagree, Tom.

I agree. Our priest that was arrested was identified as a 'priest,' his parish was identified along with previous parishes.

We have had teachers male and female arrested for acts with children, the schools are identified by journalists. When a man is identified lets say for texting sexual photo's and he happens to be a politician, journalists don't omit they are a politician. Disney has swiftly and firmly stated these men are on unpaid leave immediately. Why should fans have a problem with Disney being identified if Disney has no problems with offering up additional information? The journalists did not omit that one of the dudes was a parametric either. Important because EMTs would come into physical contact with children as do many theme park employees. This is standard practice in journalism and see no reason to suppress the information. Suppressing information is what got our diocese in the trouble it is in today.

Tom

Beta Return
I agree. Our priest that was arrested was identified as a 'priest,' his parish was identified along with previous parishes.

We have had teachers male and female arrested for acts with children, the schools are identified by journalists. When a man is identified lets say for texting sexual photo's and he happens to be a politician, journalists don't omit they are a politician. Disney has swiftly and firmly stated these men are on unpaid leave immediately. Why should fans have a problem with Disney being identified if Disney has no problems with offering up additional information? The journalists did not omit that one of the dudes was a parametric either. Important because EMTs would come into physical contact with children as do many theme park employees. This is standard practice in journalism and see no reason to suppress the information. Suppressing information is what got our diocese in the trouble it is in today.

But the diocese knew it employed them, and just wanted it to go away. That's negligence and they should be called out for it. A business that is not knowingly employing offenders should be respected, and not have their name tarnished for something that had nothing to do with work.

If the argument is that the public needs to know where all pedophiles used to work, then the articles should say, "3 worked at Disney World, 1 worked at Bob's Strip Club, 4 worked at Burger King, 2 worked at Staples....and so on."

If the public isn't smart enough to know that creeps are everywhere, and work everywhere, and are around their kids all the time....well....that's sad.

BwanaBob

I'll just say that my main point was that there is something very unseemly & wrong with people posting any information from The Hub, be it this gross guy's incorrect Rostr details or parade rehearsal schedules. If Inside the Mouse's A*# w/ Ricky™ or Lou MountainJello the Disney Expert® have access to what is basically an employee tool, well that is just really unethical. If Cast Members are online posting, well right before you even sign in there's this: (And BTW, I didn't go into The Hub to get this. It's the first thing you see BEFORE signing in.)

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This material is internal to The Walt Disney Company and is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If the reader of this material is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the material to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

© Disney

Assuming I worked for the Mouse, and I found out a fellow cm was a pedophile, I wouldn't go shouting through the tunnel let alone post info online.
I WOULD want to know if I am working side-by-side with a person like such. I may not post it online, but it calls into question ethics and morals... something that does affect the workplace. As a leader, this is a concern that I would need to know to address the potential fallout from co-workers.

And I was not being sarcastic. I'm serious. Thank you for correcting the OP. Not that there is a 'better' place for pedophiles to be working in, but I'm glad he's off the front-line. Of course, since it was a TA, he was probably right back in another location just as bad.

Lastly... Rostr... maybe Disney should re-think this 'tool'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Gabe1

There's a difference between knowingly employing a sex offender, and just employing people who happen to commit a crime, on their personal time.

Can't say our diocese knew they were offenders when they were hired either.

The fan outcry doesn't measure up. Just as many children and families will continue to go Disney tomorrow as they did today. We parents are not as stupid as some make us out to be. We had a teacher in my DDs school arrested. I still sent her to school the next day.

Gabe1

But the diocese knew it employed them, and just wanted it to go away. That's negligence and they should be called out for it. A business that is not knowingly employing offenders should be respected, and not have their name tarnished for something that had nothing to do with work.

If the argument is that the public needs to know where all pedophiles used to work, then the articles should say, "3 worked at Disney World, 1 worked at Bob's Strip Club, 4 worked at Burger King, 2 worked at Staples....and so on."

If the public isn't smart enough to know that creeps are everywhere, and work everywhere, and are around their kids all the time....well....that's sad.

So when a teacher is arrested the school or school district should not be identified or reported by newspaper in your view?

Gabe1

Think this says it all:

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting...

If you don't want to know don't read it.

Tom

Beta Return
So when a teacher is arrested the school or school district should not be identified or reported by newspaper in your view?

With a teacher being around specific children every day, that type of arrest should spark an investigation to ensure all of that teacher's students were unaffected.

In a macro sense, it's important to remind the public that these people are everywhere, and that everyone is a potential victim. And it's important to teach people how to proactively avoid these situations and protect their children. If the media wants to help, that's how they can do it.

Regardless, the news is in the past. It's not going to change anything, since there's nothing employers can do to avoid hiring future child molesters, since there's no record of them being one yet.

Captain Neo

sadly this is nothing new for WDW. Unfortunately I've heard some real horror stories over the years about all kinds of perverts in the ranks at WDW.

Matt_Black

I think the sad thing is stories like this make us forget that the number of good people in the world far outnumber the bad.

Supermatt70

Assuming I worked for the Mouse, and I found out a fellow cm was a pedophile, I wouldn't go shouting through the tunnel let alone post info online.
I WOULD want to know if I am working side-by-side with a person like such. I may not post it online, but it calls into question ethics and morals... something that does affect the workplace. As a leader, this is a concern that I would need to know to address the potential fallout from co-workers.

And I was not being sarcastic. I'm serious. Thank you for correcting the OP. Not that there is a 'better' place for pedophiles to be working in, but I'm glad he's off the front-line. Of course, since it was a TA, he was probably right back in another location just as bad.

Lastly... Rostr... maybe Disney should re-think this 'tool'.

You & I are in agreement! :)

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't see how the simple fact that they worked for TWDC is note worthy. IF they committed these acts on Disney property, or Disney knowingly hired pedophiles, or Disney kept them employed after they found out they were pedophiles, then it becomes pertinent info. Otherwise, like @Tom said, there is no reason to bring up Disney except to boost the profile of the story. As an owner of a small business myself, we do our best to make sure we hire people of strong moral character. But there is only so much you can do. Now, if one of my employees had a computer with a cache full of kiddie at his house, how exactly is the fact that he worked for me pertinent?

p.s.

NO ONE is saying this is an issue that should be swept under the rug. The argument being made by myself, and others, is that bringing up that these animals worked at Disney, is immaterial to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom