Disney World Workers Among 22 Nabbed in Child-Sex Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil12

I wish Disney would start pushing back on these news articles. If it didn't happen on their property then it's really not pertinent to the story that they worked for Disney.
It is my opinion that the story did not contain enough employment information about the people involved. I would prefer that they include a detailed job history. I want to know how long they've worked for Disney and in what job(s).

Supermatt70

Where did you hear that at?

One was in Guest Relations

He was no longer in Guest Relations. His Temporary Assignment there was over and he was not invited to continue in Plaid. FYI...Rostr is internal and not always quickly updated and no matter what kind of weird pervert he or others are, their personal work information, beyond employment, shouldn't be shared online or out of context.

asianway

He was no longer in Guest Relations. His Temporary Assignment there was over and he was not invited to continue in Plaid. FYI...Rostr is internal and not always quickly updated and no matter what kind of weird pervert he or others are, their personal work information, beyond employment, shouldn't be shared online or out of context.
Hub info is a free for all right now. Where I come from we have confidentiality requirements or you get fired.

BwanaBob

Then he shouldn't have done something to draw attention to himself. There was nothing personal like an address.

Nubs70

I guess when you have 70,000 employees, this is bound to happen unfortunately.
Along the same lines, it can be assumed that 10% of any workforce is currently on illegal drugs. So up to 7000 employees are on drugs at any one time.

Supermatt70

Then he shouldn't have done something to draw attention to himself. There was nothing personal like an address.

I'll just say that my main point was that there is something very unseemly & wrong with people posting any information from The Hub, be it this gross guy's incorrect Rostr details or parade rehearsal schedules. If Inside the Mouse's A*# w/ Ricky™ or Lou MountainJello the Disney Expert® have access to what is basically an employee tool, well that is just really unethical. If Cast Members are online posting, well right before you even sign in there's this: (And BTW, I didn't go into The Hub to get this. It's the first thing you see BEFORE signing in.)

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This material is internal to The Walt Disney Company and is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If the reader of this material is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the material to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

© Disney

asianway

I'll just say that my main point was that there is something very unseemly & wrong with people posting any information from The Hub, be it this gross guy's incorrect Rostr details or parade rehearsal schedules. If Inside the Mouse's A*# w/ Ricky™ or Lou MountainJello the Disney Expert® have access to what is basically an employee tool, well that is just really unethical. If Cast Members are online posting, well right before you even sign in there's this: (And BTW, I didn't go into The Hub to get this. It's the first thing you see BEFORE signing in.)

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This material is internal to The Walt Disney Company and is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable laws. If the reader of this material is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the material to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

© Disney
Nice to see someone understands how it's supposed to work

nor'easter

The commonly used definition of libel indicates that it involves a false statement, but if you look at the complete definition it includes "a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression. "..."A statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt. "

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation. I'm sure any number of businesses don't like the fact that a crime was committed by individuals who worked for them, or by individuals they had nothing to do with but who incidentally committed the crime on their premises or even just in their neighborhood. It doesn't matter. If Disney sued they would be laughed out of court.

lazyboy97o

Truth is an absolute defense to defamation. I'm sure any number of businesses don't like the fact that a crime was committed by individuals who worked for them, or by individuals they had nothing to do with but who incidentally committed the crime on their premises or even just in their neighborhood. It doesn't matter. If Disney sued they would be laughed out of court.
Not to mention the wave of bad press that would follow. Such actions would only make people think Disney is trying to hide that such persons are in their employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom