disney world underwater in 30 years?

crazygirley

I think that it is safe to say that all of us here reading this thread right now will be dead and gone before Florida floods over.

:cool:

Texas84

If and when Orlando goes underwater, there will be DisneyMoon and maybe even DisneyMars. No worries. Yeah, NPR is a real credible source. :rolleyes:

Connor002

dandaman said:
Begging the question: Is it going to take us 8 minutes to realize that the Sun's blown up? :lol:

No, they probably wouldn't tell us.
But I will know. :lookaroun :animwink: :lookaroun

Captain Hank

stele25 said:
as a geology major i can speak with a bit of authority. While i won't go into super details understand there. There is undisputed evidence that the earth has gone through a number of warming a cooling trends through the 4.5 or so billion years its been here. They are natural cycles and slowly take place over many years. No one knows exactly why but we do know that there have been many ice ages and times were the co2 levels were alot higher than now. How do they know? glaciers. They drill them and can find out what the atmosphere was like at various times. As for global warming..is it happening? pretty sure, its a warming trend. Are we causing it? thats the big question. Most geologists say no but at the same time we may be helping it. People blamed the hurricanes on it yet there were stronger and more numerous hurricanes in the 50's and 60's. Bottom line is no one knows for sure and any who would stand up and say so is a liar. Don't ever listen to politics in this regard. As far as florida being drowned....maybe after 50-75 years some will be but i doubt it will be as far as orlando. This is primarily due to erosion and deposition effects tho. Remember another thing, we can melt every iceburg in the world and water won't rise at all.. Y? Because icebergs deplace the same water solid as they do liquid. Melting glaciers are the problem but again know one can truly predict the long term. Stopping the use of fossil fuels completely may not even do anything, although cleaner air would be nice! :) Another side note, the same stupid people who blame suvs on global warming are the same dumbasses who said we were gonna have crazy global cooling earlier in the century.
Yeah, basically what he said. Greetings, fellow science major (I'm a Biology major, myself, with leanings toward plant Biogeography). :wave:

stele25 said:
... the same stupid people who blame suvs on global warming...

I don't think anyone blames suvs on global warming. Everyone knows that suvs are a product of soccer moms who have grown out of their mini-vans and rugged men who aren't rugged enough to buy a pick-up truck.

Come to think of it, I don't think anyone blames global warming on suvs either. They blame suvs for more pressing issues like oil dependency and rising fuel costs.

Stupid person.

-Billy

stele25

billybluenose said:
I don't think anyone blames suvs on global warming. Everyone knows that suvs are a product of soccer moms who have grown out of their mini-vans and rugged men who aren't rugged enough to buy a pick-up truck.

Come to think of it, I don't think anyone blames global warming on suvs either. They blame suvs for more pressing issues like oil dependency and rising fuel costs.

Stupid person.

-Billy

I didn't mean it literally as if they were the main cause. Today SUV's are symbolic of a waste in fossil fuels. But if you watch the news, there actually some wackos out there who really do believe SUV's were the catalyst toward global warming. Its all dirty politics. LOL. Size does not have to = bad mileage. Ford is learning a hard lesson about this and many companies are finally redesigning their powertrains to work more efficient. :) WDW Spr 06!

SUVs

Sorry. I was trying to play off the flipping of "global warming is responsible for suvs."

I should have stuck with "car makers are responsible for suvs... because they make them."

I deviated and lost the point.

-Billy

SUVs

Sorry. I was trying to play off the flipping of "blame suvs on global warming."

I should have stuck with "car makers are to blame for suvs... because they make them.

But it wasn't funny, I deviated and lost the point.

-Billy

*Edit* - Stupid computer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom