disney world underwater in 30 years?

dznygrl200

Original Poster
there is a guy on npr right now who used to work high up at nasa who claims that the florida coast will be underwater in 10 years and most if not all of florida could be completely underwater in about 30 years.

i know this is a politically charged issue, but it's worth discussing. what if he actually is right? has disney ever considered this and what they would do?

does wdw have lots of INSURANCE?????? i believe most big companies like disney have very little as they are 'self insured' due to their size.

i know plenty of people think all this stuff isn't true........but what if it is? just thinking about it theoretically......what would disney DO?

Legacy

dznygrl200 said:
there is a guy on npr right now who used to work high up at nasa who claims that the florida coast will be underwater in 10 years and most if not all of florida could be completely underwater in about 30 years.

i know this is a politically charged issue, but it's worth discussing. what if he actually is right? has disney ever considered this and what they would do?

does wdw have lots of INSURANCE?????? i believe most big companies like disney have very little as they are 'self insured' due to their size.

i know plenty of people think all this stuff isn't true........but what if it is? just thinking about it theoretically......what would disney DO?
Here's a better question...

What COULD they do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Legacy said:
Here's a better question...

What COULD they do?
we have bigger things to worry about if WDW is under water. and secondly, it doesnt matter if they have insurance or not..... insurance couldnt do anything and if they could, they would have to borrow half the fed reserve to move the mouse

lets just play devils advocate: if WDW is under water, im not going to be worring about riding EE or SSE......... at least PotC will still work :rolleyes:

DisneySam

They have also been saying for like 30 years that California is going to break off into the Pacific Ocean. Which still hasn't happened, so I am not counting my chickens you know what I mean?

ogryn

Would this mean they would clone Aquatopia over from DisneySeas?

I agree with jmaxwell007. We could all be potentially screwed if global warming gets too high. Mass-flooding may destroy our economies.... who knows...? :)

RonAnnArbor

Not for nothing, I heard the report too and I think you missed the point -- it was about how people need to take care of their environment; he used the Florida example "in worst case scenerio"...Just a quick note: NPR allows all sorts of viewpoints to be discussed - fact checking for validity of opinion, not for what "will" happen in future events. Florida is not going to be underwater in 30 years. As to being "high up in NASA" I can say I am "high up" in my medical profession, and if I told you that monkeys were going to have wings in 30 years, you could quote me as such as well. "The guy on NPR from such and such hospital that said that monkey's could have wings in 30 years."

Videoteck

YEA RIGHT!Thats bull it will not happen.Besides acording to those scentists arnt we suppose to be hit by a giant rock in like 2012? lol i think thats bull dude and nasa has been wrong many many times.if flordia has survived this long thousands of years i doubt that will happen i think we should be more worred about califonia right now than flordia DUH! cuze of the "earthquakes"

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Videoteck said:
YEA RIGHT!Thats bull it will not happen.Besides acording to those scentists arnt we suppose to be hit by a giant rock in like 2012? lol i think thats bull dude and nasa has been wrong many many times.if flordia has survived this long thousands of years i doubt that will happen i think we should be more worred about califonia right now than flordia DUH! cuze of the "earthquakes"
well, you can prevent global warming due to industries and/ or the human factor, in which would help in the ice caps from melting, but last i checked, you cant do a thing to prevent earthquakes........:lol:

PintoColvig

I heard a guy on the SciFi Channel say that we should expect contact with aliens in outer space by 2020, if we haven't already been visited by them. Should Disney do something about Tomorrowland just in case? I mean, if E.T. sits through Stitch's Great Escape, we'll be the laughing stock of the galaxy. Don't you think?:hammer:

nyfrenchy

well, as expected, that topic fly high over the heads of people here and resulting in immature comments.

Sadly you can't expect people to JUST CARE, you know just in case it could actually happen. The melting of the ice cap AS OF TODAY is already alarming... but alarming only for those WHO CARE. And those people won't be found on those boards.

PintoColvig

nyfrenchy said:
well, as expected, that topic fly high over the heads of people here and resulting in immature comments.

Sadly you can't expect people to JUST CARE, you know just in case it could actually happen. The melting of the ice cap AS OF TODAY is already alarming... but alarming only for those WHO CARE. And those people won't be found on those boards.

Yes, we all need to be concerned about environmental issues but this is a DISNEY website, for goodness sake! Unless they are going to build a ride in Epcot about global warming, we probably need to take such concerns to more serious website.
:hammer:

hcswingfield

And guests who buy the park/cruise package can skip the bus ride to the coast to board the cruise liner. They can just step right outside the resort and right onto the boat!

Well this is bad news for me also, because I live in Ft Lauderdale and 7 miles from the coast. So I do not care what Disney would do, what about my house.

Well what I propose is....

an antigrav field that would lift the entire 43 square miles of Disney Property off the ground. Think of the future Disney like the Cloud City of Bespin. Or even like the City on Camino.

This could be good for Disney, they could park the Wonder and Magic Cruise Ships right next to the Magic Kingdom.

:p

Come on, are we serious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom