Disney World smell

wdw535

i know exactly what you mean! The "disney" smells I am most familiar with is the smell of the water attractions, and especially the merchandise shops, I cant get enough of that plastic and plush toy smell.I will even go to the Disney Store just to smell that smell and pretend I am in Disney World. I have noticed lately though the smell has been slowly fading in the Disney Stores since Childrens Place bought them. I am thinking a change in where they store the merchandise before it gets to stores and new material used may be the reason...

Roezzi

the smell

I love the smell too! I also found that the Resort towels all have the same smell I am on a quest to find out what they use to wash the sheets and towels.

siliwishes

Original Poster
well, well... the deoderant... whenever i go on vacation, i always bring degree travel deoderant. and it used to always remind me of happy feelings. and now my boyfriend wears it, which is awesome! btw, totally discovered last night when i was at my parents' house looking through photo albums that i went to disney world one more time than i thought! 1985 AND 1988! made me way too excited.

DisneyFanLS

There is NOTHING like the first day there.....when you wait for that rope to drop at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom....and FINALLY it does....and as you make you way down Main Street USA.....that HEAVENLY aroma from the candy shoppe hits you FLUSH IN THE FACE!!!! :slurp: :slurp: WOW!!!! :sohappy: Now THAT'S DISNEY!!! I also LOVE the smell of the popcorn carts AND the ONE OF A KIND smell at the Pirates of the Caribbean!!!! :D Jeez....I can smell 'em RIGHT NOW!!!!!! Mmmmmmmm...... :sohappy:

Shellybelle

siliwishes said:
Ok, the weirdest thing about my Disney obsession is the "Disney Word smell." My brother and I often smell things and we are like "Smells like Dinsey World!" The smell I am describing is probably the watery, damp smell of rides like Pirates, Splash, and Small World. But both my brother and I know it. I have this speicla sulfur wash I wash my face with now and it totally smells like Dinsey. I love using it. Anyway, are we freaks or does anyone else know what I am talking about?? Ha ha.

Too funny, I have a facewash that has that smell too. I think it's my proactive solution. Anyway, I love it, too. Great post! It makes me so glad I found this board to know that there are others who obsess Disney.

sheilaro

Since1976 said:
This is probably the third time I've posted this in 3 years, but...

... the thing that reminds me most of my last Disney vacation is the new deodorant I tried on my trip! I remember one day remarking how this great fragrance seemed to be follwing me everywhere -- I seriously thought they must be pumping a smell through some ventilation system throughout MK!

It wasn't until that evening that I realized the smell was me! :lol:

I *highly* recommend trying a new cologne or deodorant at WDW. You will come to associate it with Disney! To this day, I put that deodorant on and it instantly transports me back...

No lie!
OMG!! And here I thought I was nuts! ... okay....maybe we're all nuts.... At the hotel we stayed at during our WDW vacation, they supplied Neutroena soap (Original scent). That was first time my family and I used it. We used it the whole time while in Orlando. Since we've been back, we have have been using only this brand of soap. The smell always takes me back to Disney. Sigh....as much as I love the smell and find I can't live without it now, it also reminds of how much I miss WDW.....:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom