Disney World Regulars

mikey

Original Poster
A few weeks back, a thread began in here that discussed some of the "regular visitors" to Disney World. Some CM's responded, I think, or at least some with a working knowledge of the subject.

I, for one, was fascinated with the topic -- in particular, Tuna Tom -- and wondered why that thread disappeared (or did it it just get moved, and I can't seem to find it?)

I can appreciate right-to-privacy, so if that's why they were removed, okay...otherwise, I think these folks add an element of color to the parks. Their dedication and devotion is something to admire.

~ mike

CoffeeJedi

nmj91385 said:
what do you mean it got out of hand
well, iirc, someone tried to post a pic hosted on a service that didn't appreciate bandwidth stealing, so the thread inadvertantly got a famous vulgar internet picture displayed, and was quickly deleted

tink81

There were some innuendos and *inappropriate* (new favorite catch phrase) comments about a woman who supposedly carries her dead dog to the parks wrapped up in towels (like a baby). She counts the 'towel baby' as part of her dining party.

tink81

CoffeeJedi said:
well, iirc, someone tried to post a pic hosted on a service that didn't appreciate bandwidth stealing, so the thread inadvertantly got a famous vulgar internet picture displayed, and was quickly deleted

WHOA!!!! Ok, I didn't stick around long enough for THAT!

Ringo8n24

tink81 said:
There were some innuendos and *inappropriate* (new favorite catch phrase) comments about a woman who supposedly carries her dead dog to the parks wrapped up in towels (like a baby). She counts the 'towel baby' as part of her dining party.

That is along the same lines as the woman in the pink jogging suit that is always at Epcot's World Showcase, but hopefully the "towel baby" is not true. Is it?:lookaroun I did not get to read the thread before it was deleted.

Skippy

Steering a little back to the topic, what do you mean by 'Regulars?' I missed the last thread you're talking about.

MKCP 1985

SkipKid said:
Steering a little back to the topic, what do you mean by 'Regulars?' I missed the last thread you're talking about.
the woman in the pink jogging suit IS the topic. :lol: :wave:

mikey

Original Poster
Skip Kid,

The "regulars" that were mentioned in that deleted thread are folks who visit Disney World daily, or at least, very often.

The CM's get to know them, and some of the ones mentioned can be quirky, for lack of a better word. Again, I'm not trying to demean anyone, but I enjoyed what I'd read about some of the more inetersting visitors. Tuna Tom, for instance, possibly used to be a CM, and "helps" clear the paths for parades, etc.

The thread was deleted before I read about the woman with the dead dog, but I'd be willing to bet that's an urban legend, anyway.

mikey

Enderikari

tink81 said:

Wow, its amazing how out of hand things can get when people speculate. Having personally interacted with the woman who carries towel baby, I can tell you that there is not a dead dog in there, people are confusing that with another guest who used to carry her stuffed dead dog in her purse before the days of bag check.
The towel baby woman is true, she carries around a towel wrapped in the form of a baby. She never lets it go, and considers it real. Coming to the point where she orders food, demands stickers, and adjusts her party size in attractions for it.

MKCP 1985

Ringo8n24 said:
You remember that. Right?:lol:
Honestly, I don't - but I don't go to EPCOT enough to notice. I think I have seen the Tuna guy though at the Magic Kingdom.

How funny that the towel baby lady and the "dead dog in a purse" lady got wrapped into one character. Just imagine:

Friendly cast member: "Aww, a baby. Can I see the little tyke?"

Demented Disney regular: *pulls back the towel to reveal . . . *
Friendly cast member: " :eek: err. . . my, what a . . . handsome little guy?"

:lol:

CrashNet

tink81 said:
WHOA!!!! Ok, I didn't stick around long enough for THAT!
Yeah let's just say no one should ever have to see that picture. Its a mental image that takes weeks to remove from your brain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom