Disney World Hauntings

Djali999

Originally posted by Mr Disney
Then, I heard a womans voice telling me to leave. Then I heard a high pitch scream and I ran out of the cave. I asked my mom if she heard anything, and she said no. After that, I haven't gone back to TSI.

:lookaroun

damn, I'm not going in there again.

Horizons1

I have only experienced a few strange feelings at WDW. I have to agree with most people in this thread that there is something disturbing about the endless hallway in the HM and that one area in POTC.I can remember a few years ago i was going on POTC and got to that one spot near the cannons and i all of a sudden got a very sick feeling,i felt as tho i was going to hurl,yet when we got to the loading area it was gone.The endless hallway on the HM is the only part of the ride i close my eyes.There is something unsettling there but i cant pinpoint exactly what.And like what MainStreetUSA said happened to him in TT,similar things have happened to me.I can remember when they were still constructing M:S,i was standing near the black wall just looking at the structure when all of a sudden i could have sworn i heard New Horizons playing somewhere.It started out low and quiet then got high and loud and then was gone.And the very first time i rode TT,when we got to the ABS test,that first part when you spin out,i looked over my shoulder when we spun out and there are like 4 black and orange barrel shaped things.Well the instant i looked at them the scene of the very first traffic jam from WOM just flashed through my head.Im not sure why but something about where those barrel shaped things are sitting just makes me feel like thats where that scene was.

VinnieG

Originally posted by Mr Disney
OMG when I saw somebody mention something about Tom Sawyer Island, I remembered a story that I had forgotten. When I was smaller. (I'm 16 now, well, Tuesday, and I was probably about 8-9. I was walking down one of the tunnels and I remember that I was the only one there and I was about to walk down this long tunnel and I stopped because I felt something disquieting. (Yes, I stole that from HM). Then, I heard a womans voice telling me to leave. Then I heard a high pitch scream and I ran out of the cave. I asked my mom if she heard anything, and she said no. After that, I haven't gone back to TSI.
That was me I really do not like Tom Sawyers island for that fact there is something very spooky and frightening in those cave and the entire area. The Hallway in the HM really does not bother me at all I always look down there I guess that is one place I felt was made to feel eerie but never thought about it.POTC the entrance walkway to the boats there is something eerie there my wife senses something at the part right after the dunking of the Mayor which she finds disturbing. Never rized anything about the GMR at the Alien part behind the AA Ripley must check out next time I go.By the way this one of the best threads.

MainStRob

awesome thread everyone! Back when I was in Main St operations for my college program in 2001 we used to do our own lil informal park walks. If i closed late after an e-ride or something I would normally find another person or two to walk around the parks with for awhile. There were only 2 places that really freaked me out on those late night jaunts, right in front of potc and the entrance to tommorowland. There were some nights where we would wander around for hours, one night even climbing big thunder :zipit: , but whenever i walked near potc I felt like i had to take off in a dead run and i never understood why. Same with tommorrowland, something about walking through there with the building towering over you, incredibly unnerving. I seriously have goosebumps right now. :eek: My other scariest moment in the parks was late late one night all of a sudden all the lights and music on main st shut off all at once, i was instantly on a dead sprint towards the castle to duck into the utilidors, weird wild stuff. (not that there were ghosts involved, but it was freaky, I felt like i was in a horror movie!)

Lovecraft

Originally posted by Djali999
here it is... my friend's Ghost Photo in front of the HM.

he's an honest man and I swear it's not photoedited.

http://www.geocities.com/doombuggyman/ghostpic.html

I'm not saying what it is, but I will say exactly what it looks like.

When smoke from a cigarette wafts up while a digital camera takes a picture the light from the flash will illuminate it and the outcome will look exactly like the picture posted.

Now does this mean that is what the picture is? No. It just means that pictures of smoke look identical when flash photography is used in near proximity-- even when otherwise you don't see the smoke (before the flash).

Same thing happens with "orbs". Because of these two phenomena, when people ask me about investigating haunted places I always advise them to never use flash photography with a point and shoot camera, if they require a flash, use the type that is either detached from the camera or is aimed and set to bounce light from a ceiling or so forth. Then when something strange is captured, the "it's because of the flash" thing cannot be a part of the explanation.

Some of the reasons on the web page for the appearance in the picture are just ridiculous (like lens flare... lens flares do not look like wisps of smoke, or laser light on the lens... when is the last time anyone has seen white or grey laser light? They just don't work that way. Oil or other junk on the lens illuminated by another flash ... could be, but should appear in other pictures too.)

This picture would be much more valuable had it not been from a point and shoot camera with integrated flash. Drat.

Slipknot

On a different PARANORMAL note.

Who here has seen a UFO, or anything of that nature, in the parks or on resort property, or even while not on property but still on vacation?

*slowly raises hand*

ImSweetPea

One of the most prevelant is in the HM..as we pass through the scene where the hallway and the doors are and you look down the hallway and see the moving chandelier. THAT IS INTENSE!!!

I am soooo glad I am not alone!! From a kid.. whenever i would go on the HM.. I would get the creppy feelings... I always thought it was jsut me!! Glad im not alone
!

bluesnut

Originally posted by Static-X
On a different PARANORMAL note.

Who here has seen a UFO, or anything of that nature, in the parks or on resort property, or even while not on property but still on vacation?

*slowly raises hand*

You know that is one I haven't had yet. One time when we were in the Key's I was in the pool and saw this thing on the horizon that I had myself convinced was a UFO but later on insisting we check it out I found out it was some kind of night balloons from the Air force base down there.

Djali999

alright, I'm gonna try to put together a list of haunted areas at WDW (or at least supposedly haunted) and hit them all one of these weekends to see if I can feel anything.

I'm not particuarly strong in that area - all I can go on is a gut feeling. I think we've hit all the major ones, no? =)

bluesnut

One I don't know if anyone has mentioned is Mexico. Does anyone else feel anything around there. I usually get something in the pyramid and in the first scene of Rio Del Tiempo. Does anyone else get anything there.:confused:

Djali999

Originally posted by bluesnut
One I don't know if anyone has mentioned is Mexico. Does anyone else feel anything around there. I usually get something in the pyramid and in the first scene of Rio Del Tiempo. Does anyone else get anything there.:confused:

could be, but I've always just chalked it up to an excellent atmosphere.

I love El Rio Del Tiempo. :D

All4Gemini

CoP

Hey I just started on here but I've been reading this thread and it's the best one i think i've seen on this site. Back to that Carosel of Progress "presence", someone said that MK wasn't built til 71 so it couldn't be Walt Disney, well the Carosel of Progress was originally in Disneyland (after Walt introduced it at the World's Fair) and moved to WDW in 75. So the theory that it could be Walt isn't necessarily false. At least I wouldn't think so.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Originally posted by Djali999
alright, I'm gonna try to put together a list of haunted areas at WDW (or at least supposedly haunted) and hit them all one of these weekends to see if I can feel anything.

Could you post the list? Because I would like to have a list myself and I'm too lazy to make one up myself. :D

Djali999

does anybody know if this happened at Fantasyland or Tomorrowland? I've never been totally clear although I was under the impression it was a Fantasyland thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom