Disney World Haunted? (Orlando, FL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicmaya

Also, once my sister and I rode PotC and we got everyone on the boat to chant "George isn't real" 3 times and then the boat stopped for 5 seconds and it kept going. Has anyone else tried it?

rodserling27

This is the only haunting I know of. If you turn off the lights and look in the mirror and say "Dreamfinder" three times, Eric Idle comes back from the dead to kill you and wipe your memory of the original JII.

Hold on....what's that? Oh, Eric Idle isn't dead? Coulda fooled me.

cdunbar

Bless your heart... Do you really need to say you're going to Disney World (Orando, Fl)? :eek: :hammer:
Plus, if you really want to get technical about it, WDW isn't in Orlando, it's in Lake Buena Vista....:wave::p

From what I understand the DL version of the HM is haunted by a boy who's ashes were scattered there, and the WDW version is haunted by "The man with a cane."
O, ok, well I can't honestly say that I think either really exist but that's just my opinion...:shrug:

rodserling27

Plus, if you really want to get technical about it, WDW isn't in Orlando, it's in Lake Buena Vista....:wave::p
Sorry, i know this is off topic, but....

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. "We're going to Orlando [to do WDW]!" No, you're going to Lake Buena Vista. Hahahaha

cdunbar

Sorry, i know this is off topic, but....

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. "We're going to Orlando [to do WDW]!" No, you're going to Lake Buena Vista. Hahahaha
Well as you can see I'm from Florida, so when someone says something like "o it's in some town in Orlando" I am like uhh no it's not....but glad to know I'm not the only one with that pet peeve! :lol:

BrerFrog

You always have to say good morning and good night to George or else you are in for a long day...

That is exactly how I heard that story. :lol:

I have also been told that George was from the maintenance team and one day he went out to the ride without locking the panel, which is the way to letting other CMs know there is someone out in the ride's tracks. The ride was turned on and George died in an awful way. :(

I have got no idea if this is true, though. Anyone?

rainfully

1. I have tried the "George isn't real" thing on Pirates and during the course of the ride, our boat got stuck for about 10 minutes. I haven't said it since.

2. The whole LBV/Orlando thing really shouldn't bother you... LBV is actually part of the Orlando Metropolitan area which also includes Kissimmee. It's in the same county, Orange. And I used to live directly outside the LBV border (litterally accross the street) and my mailing address was Orlando. And also, if you want to get REALLY technical about it, MOST of WDW is ACTUALLY in Bay Lake, FL... including all of the theme parks. This is why people saying you're not in Orlando when you're at WDW really bugs me... :lol: Sorry... rant. ;)

trr1

Not to mention you can hear the screams and cackles of a long ago killed witch echo through the park at around 10:10ish every night. She is joined by 2 more killed witches, an evil sorcerer and the boogie man selected nights in September and October.
are these the three witches?
hocuspocus.jpg

Master Gracey

Yes, George is real, and he is in WDW's Pirates of the Caribbean. The story I recieved from my Pirate friends is that George was one of the builders of the ride, and while working at the highest point of the ride (a tower in the burning city sequence) he fell to his death and since then the tower has been called George's Tower.

It is tradition for the Cast Members to say "Good Morning" and "Good Night" to George every day, and when they don't there is usually a significant downtime. Also, the massive amount of downtimes that Pirates experienced after the 2006 Refurb was largely attributed to George not approving of Captain Jack!

Personally, about 12 years ago I was on a trip to WDW with my parents, and we decided to ride Pirates while Spectromagic was going on. We took the right hand queue and got to the small staircase just before the "Skeletons Playing Chess" section, and we saw a man dressed in dusty work clothes, and a tool belt about his waist. We said "hello", but he didn't respond, but just staired past us. We kept going, and I knew those stairs came out on the other side of the "Skeletons Playing Chess", so when we wrapped around, I took a look down the stairs, and of course, the man was gone. When we reached the dock we asked the Cast Members if they had seen this man, and they said that we were the first people that they had seen in 20 minutes. I said, "Well, I think that we just saw George". They looked at me in shock and asked how I knew about George, to which I responded that I had read reports on the Internet. We then descibed the man, and the Cast Members looked at each other and said, "They did see him!"

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom