Disney World Explorer banned for LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainkidd

Banned like a psychopath on the WDWMagic Boards. Wait a sec...

Anyway should I be banned for going backstage? I have a video of it on YouTube. I'm waiting Disney.

Did you have permission? If you didn't, then yes, you should be banned.

Just because you CAN get away with something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.

Imagineer6

Did you have permission? If you didn't, then yes, you should be banned.

Just because you CAN get away with something doesn't mean you SHOULD do it.
These urban explorers know the risks they're taking when it comes to going backstage and into off limits places. They shouldn't need to be warned in most cases.

CJR

It doesnt matter. WDW is private property. If they want you gone, you're gone. They don't need a reason.

Sorry, I was referring to the "why wasn't he arrested?" Stuff. WDW can write a tresspass warning to you or I if they wanted to since it's their property. I was saying that it get more complicated if they were trying to press criminal charges. For example, he could go back on property and do the same thing, but they can't arrest him if they don't catch him.

It doesnt matter. WDW is private property. If they want you gone, you're gone. They don't need a reason.
They do if they arrest him.

wdw71fan

nomeus@gmail.com .... Adam and I will gladly meet up with anyone off Disney property to hear your point of view. Lunch is on all of you though ;)

No meet up or lunch needed.... He broke the rules, he's trespassed... That's his fault.. Anything else is malarkey.. it's PRIVATE PROPERTY.. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN TOUGH. YOU DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO BE THERE.

George Lucas on a Bench

I'm surprised so many people approve of his videos and others like it considering how much everyone talks about the "magic" of disney and the preservation of that magic. Many of these backstage videos are trying to show you the magician's tricks and I think that's entirely WHY disney was so hardcore with it's punishment. They want to preserve the magic and storylines so you don't look at an attraction and think only about the mechanics or tricks behind it. It's like the old saying about not wanting to see the sausage getting made.

You are aware that Walt Disney constantly revealed the mechanics behind the attractions? Just watch the video outside the Carousel of Progress and witness Walt himself destroy the magic!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm surprised so many people approve of his videos and others like it considering how much everyone talks about the "magic" of disney and the preservation of that magic. Many of these backstage videos are trying to show you the magician's tricks and I think that's entirely WHY disney was so hardcore with it's punishment. They want to preserve the magic and storylines so you don't look at an attraction and think only about the mechanics or tricks behind it. It's like the old saying about not wanting to see the sausage getting made.

You can take official backstage tours that show as much, if not more then is shown in these videos.

thomas998

Which law states that it's illegal to go backstage at Walt Disney World?? If Disney doesn't want people going back there they should have more cameras and security in the parks.
Really? So if a burglar gets into your house would you want the police to say well you should have had more camera and security.

Disney is filled with places you aren't supposed to go to, they aren't mysteriously defined places where someone would wander by mistake, they are all well signed with things like "no unauthorized entry"... Does anyone really think they need to do more than that. I'm glad he was banned for life. Now if they would find a way to ban scooter driver that hit your ankles then would be even better.

PhotoDave219

Sorry, I was referring to the "why wasn't he arrested?" Stuff. WDW can write a tresspass warning to you or I if they wanted to since it's their property. I was saying that it get more complicated if they were trying to press criminal charges. For example, he could go back on property and do the same thing, but they can't arrest him if they don't catch him.

They do if they arrest him.

Okay, to sum up....

Disney Security cannot arrest people. They can detain them but they cannot make any arrests. They have no law enforcement powers whatsoever but their relationship with local, state & federal law enforcement agencies probably makes that point moot.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office is the agency that would be arresting him. Disney would have to make a complaint to OCSO and IMO the evidence Adam posted online of himself trespassing would likely fulfill the legal requirements for an arrest warrant and would be introduced into court.

So from that point of view, Disney is being nice here. They haven't done that. Instead, they politely told him he is no longer welcome inside the 47-square miles of private property that encompass the Walt Disney World Resort because he failed to be a properly behaved guest. He needs to suck it up and realize that if he pulls this elsewhere, other Theme Parks may not be so lenient.

PhotoDave219

Now if they would find a way to ban scooter driver that hit your ankles then would be even better.

Side thought here.... If i am struck by a motorized ECV in the parks, which investigating agency has jurisdiction in the traffic accident? FHP or OSCO?

TRONorail10

hey thanks guys for the info!

it's so strange, we went last week to "BoG" for dinner, and our waitress said no alcohol in the MK....
i dont even recall seeing the wine list, or beer list. this is quite confusing. Especially seeing that our hostess was very firm on saying that alcohol was not allowed.
strange.

I find this a little hard to believe, the wine and beer list is presented to every single table after the host seats you and hands out the regular menus. For your waitress to say they didn't have alcohol doesn't make any sense, because that's money the server is losing in sales/tips. So something doesn't quite add up.

ExtinctJenn

Okay, to sum up....

Disney Security cannot arrest people. They can detain them but they cannot make any arrests. They have no law enforcement powers whatsoever but their relationship with local, state & federal law enforcement agencies probably makes that point moot.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office is the agency that would be arresting him. Disney would have to make a complaint to OCSO and IMO the evidence Adam posted online of himself trespassing would likely fulfill the legal requirements for an arrest warrant and would be introduced into court.

So from that point of view, Disney is being nice here. They haven't done that. Instead, they politely told him he is no longer welcome inside the 47-square miles of private property that encompass the Walt Disney World Resort because he failed to be a properly behaved guest. He needs to suck it up and realize that if he pulls this elsewhere, other Theme Parks may not be so lenient.
In this case in fact Disney did bring a uniformed Orange County officer into the situation however he was not arressted and they did not press charges. They also took his thumbprint (which technically I think he could've refused unless he was being arressted but as I said before, in my opinion, Adam has class and showed it throughout his time with security).

wdw71fan

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Don't try and twist Walt's words into supporting the cause. Walt meant opening new doors of innovation and was speaking figuratively, not literally..

Your friend was treated as a nuisance, and he should consider himself lucky that Disney isn't pursuing criminal charges against him.

and I'm sure with all this publicity lately, Universal will start looking at Mr TheWoo's videos of closed and restricted areas there, and follow suit with issuing him a trespass notice as well..

iheartdisney91

I find this a little hard to believe, the wine and beer list is presented to every single table after the host seats you and hands out the regular menus. For your waitress to say they didn't have alcohol doesn't make any sense, because that's money the server is losing in sales/tips. So something doesn't quite add up.

ok, believe what you want.
not going to start a quarrel over something minimal
that happened on my trip.

anyway, lets get back on topic! sorry for getting off track!

nc_disneyfreak

good for disney, just because your a fan, doesnt mean your entitled to do what he did to entertain his "morbid curiousity" I do agree that the lifetime ban was a bit extreme. Maybe just tell him to stop and ban him for a year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom