Disney World Canada??????

ACE

Re: Bad idea...

Originally posted by ReDefined
BTW, when was the last time you left your cozy little country?

For me it would be 95 - 98 when I was stationed in Japan. Between my 20 years in the Navy and my wife's 32 years as a military brat ..er.. dependent :lol:, we've seen our share of other countries.

Now, in response to your question "when was the last time you left your cozy little country?". I would have to answer your question with a question.
My answer being, "Why would I want to?"

:wave: ACE

BalooChicago

Last January I was in Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Morocco, Japan, Italy, Germany, China, Norway, and Mexico all in the same day. (And the continents of Africa and Asia too)

SamatBCV

Re: Re: Bad idea...

Originally posted by acellis_99
For me it would be 95 - 98 when I was stationed in Japan. Between my 20 years in the Navy and my wife's 32 years as a military brat ..er.. dependent :lol:, we've seen our share of other countries.

Now, in response to your question "when was the last time you left your cozy little country?". I would have to answer your question with a question.
My answer being, "Why would I want to?"

:wave: ACE

You go Ace!!! :sohappy:

Originally posted by cosmo
who specifically are you asking?
I don't think this has anything to do with journeying outside one's own country, nor does international travel necessarily mean that one's mind is open to new ideas or that the traveler is inherently more intelligent than someone who does not journey outside their own cozy little country.

You too Cosmo :sohappy:

Thebig2,
You're right, they may be buying a lot of land for a number of different purposes. I'm not making fun of you in what I'm about to say, I just think the following would be a cool idea (even though Disney will never do it). Of course its based in Chicago since I am totally biased.

Coming Soon -- Disneyland Chicago. Disney will be building a new park outside Chicago. It will feature a fully enclosed dome over the entire park to keep in nice and balmy inside during the winter months. It will therefore never rain, have a sky painted on the inside of the dome, and will have lighting to simulate beautiful sunny days EVERY DAY!!

yankeeboy1638

Disney will never build a park in Canada, especially not in Ottawa. The climate is awful, and even though both Paris and Tokyo have cold climates, those parks are right smack in the middle of metro areas in excess of 10 and 20 million people respectivey, so people will still go. The country of Canada itself only has 30 million people and the Ottawa-Hull area has just over one million people. And of course they know us New Englanders, as well as Canadians, would probably like to go take a vacation to a warm place like Florida rather than to Ottawa.

ReDefined

Now that's a good idea...

Disney and more specifically ABC is now doing a lot of filming here in Canada. Not only do we have great facilities, locations, and professional resources; production companies can save a lot of money due to our low currency and tax breaks.

If Disney is in fact building a studio here, then that would be a great thing for the company in general.

BTW, Cosmo, visiting World Showcase is not leaving your country and either is watching CNN.

no2apprentice

Originally posted by thebig2
My suggestion was an amusement park possibly where people would go for the day for cheap thrill rides. Perhaps it would have absolutely no references to Mickey and friends and perhaps may be based on other characters, or no characters at all.
Just to ponder this idea for a moment, this might explain what Disney did in AK. Maybe they built Chester & Hester's as a test area for public opinion, with the idea of building smaller parks with cheaper, more generic rides.

Then again, maybe not. Interesting thought, though.

Thebig2, can you find out exactly how much land was purchased? Or is that information that you don't have access to?

SamatBCV

Re: Now that's a good idea...

BTW, Cosmo, visiting World Showcase is not leaving your country and either is watching CNN.

True, but its better.

First, you're already in the "Happiest Place on Earth".
Second, you don't have to go through all of the travel hassles.
Third, you get some of the good parts of the particular country without the bad.
Fourth, its cheaper than travelling overseas.

ReDefined... I am not discounting the experience of visiting other nations (for real, not in WS), but being a world traveller does not make someone better or worse than someone who never leaves their own country.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Re: Bad idea...

Unfortunately most Americans know little to nothing about countries other than their own (less than 8 percent of the entire US population has a passport!).

Hi! Would you like me to scan my passport for you? I just recently had to apply to get one with additional pages since my current one has about 3 left.

That being said, the South Eastern region of Ontario, where Disney just purchased land, snows less each year than many northern US states.

Agreed... I was there this past July

It would be a bad idea for Disney to build a park in Canada because of the weather change and the loss of revenue at the Florida parks. Most Canadians would save a lot of money by going to a Canadian park, as our currency is currently valued less than that of the USD. So WDW = more money for Disney from Canadians.

also agreed. However, the building and labor costs would also be less in Canada, so it would balance out considerably.

BTW, when was the last time you left your cozy little country?

Less than 3 weeks ago... to the Bahamas for a day.

Katherine

You guys need to chill.

nothing has been confirmed yet. I mean they could slap a DL in Iraq for all we know. Just don't jump down eachothers throats. People have their rights to their opinions but just remember it's a rumor board not a set in stone factual board.

BalooChicago that's great!:lol:

MKingdom25

Originally posted by Katherine
You guys need to chill.

nothing has been confirmed yet. I mean they could slap a DL in Iraq for all we know......

Boy wouldn't that be interesting! :lol: After you buy your ticket and before you enter the park, you must pledge you undying support for Sadaam! :lol:

jmarc63

If memory serves Disney owns realestate for investment purposes that is unrelated to the core bussiness', I think it is under either Shamrock holdings or Retlaw. But I could be mistaken but I am checking on this since Roy Disney and family under Shamrock does invest in Realestate.

Is this property in question have the official owners as The Walt Disney company or under one of the subsidiary companies related to the disney family?

http://www.shamrock.com/home.asp

Natelox

Americans, try not to be stupid. Let me clear somethings up. It is not snowing currently, it is sunny with cloudless sky. We do not live in igloos and do not have pet beavers. Please! don't talk in sterotypes. I'd love to see disney in Canada. They could opperate in Vancouver (we don't get very much snow), and it hasn't rained in about a month here.

Also whats with all this disney iraq and afganistan crap? Canada is nothing like those contires. Like posted earlier, only 8% of americans have pass ports...pretty sad u think that the world showcase really shows what countries are like.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by Natelox
Americans, try not to be stupid.

Canada, Mexico, and the United States are all in America. :)

In my opinion, there are a lot of people taking this WAY too seriously. The comments made in this tread seemed to me to be in jest and just for fun. I certainly hope we don't end up with a US vs Canada war because of a topic on a message forum. As I've said in the past- the US and Canada have the longest undefended border in the world, let's keep it that way. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom