Disney World airstrip project?

Gringrinngghost

Random, but at one point was the Living Seas logo on the other side of the helipad? The image is from 10/2006 in Google Earth.
View attachment 282775View attachment 282776

Edit: Looking at your picture again, I can make it out. Guess my eyes weren't working again.

From 2007
Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 9.44.30 PM.png

senor_jorge

Barbara Eden+? Bring it!!
This is true! I surely am not an aviator but I thought they could only land at designated pads unless it was an emergency? ( I honestly don't know) I was just responding to what DisneyCane said about a helipad somewhere else on property, not too many people know there is one backstage at EPCOT.

I've never been rotary wing rated. My understanding talking to those that are is that it becomes an issue of doing enough research to avoid trouble. Municipalities, states, federal agencies etc. may all have regulations on where an aircraft may or may not land. In the case of WDW as the landowner they could grant permission, and I suspect that Reedy Creek would offer little objection.

While a helicopter can theoretically land anywhere, it can't always do it without doing significant damage to the landing area or itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom