Disney World airstrip project?

EOD K9

I would think that if the Company needed use of an airstrip, they would just build a better and longer one somewhere in the property.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Part of me wants so much to see where we could take this rumor, like Disney is secretly dealing with the FAA to reestablish the STOL airsrtip as a exclusive access for the 0.000000000001% using golden Learjet's bought using the revenue from hotel parking...

But man seeing you guys work your magic to keep the truth is just too dang admirable!

K6AED.gif

STOL is close(ish) to Golden Oak so...

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
************** is reporting about this permit too but unfortunately they don't mention anything about Project 89 and therefore makes their article a little misleading about what this STOLPort site will be used for.

That particular website is, for want of a better term, banned from this site.

The owner of it does not play well with others.:)
lol...I understand....Thank you (but you knew which site it was???)

Rhymes with WDW Ruse Souffle

djkidkaz

Original Poster
I think it’s probably related the the project 89 support area

It seems like it is pretty far from where the rumored addition to Fort Wilderness was going to go. I was under the impression the expansion would be near the shore where river country was and this looks to be closer to MK parking lot.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It seems like it is pretty far from where the rumored addition to Fort Wilderness was going to go. I was under the impression the expansion would be near the shore where river country was and this looks to be closer to MK parking lot.
Ideally you want something as close as possible, but you don't always have the luxury. Given the size of the project, the location is not all that bad as they have paved access in 2 different directions from that location.

I have seen much worse, for much smaller projects. Probably the worst was a rather large single family home where the only access was a roughly mile long winding dirt road. If you could not fit it in the back of a pickup truck, you were carrying it in by hand.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It is for the Fort Wilderness project, the permit confirms this.

The location makes sense. It's the closest large area that is not part of the conservation lands. It also has good road access and won't be very visible to most guests.

1525814968994.png

mm121

It is for the Fort Wilderness project, the permit confirms this.

The location makes sense. It's the closest large area that is not part of the conservation lands. It also has good road access and won't be very visible to most guests.

View attachment 282756
looks like if they want to they could build a temporary road almost directly north though the undeveloped area to avoid construction/dirt moving traffic on the main roads or on the roads though fort wilderness or the main city streets to wilderness lodge

Driver

The beauty of a helicopter is that you don't need a helipad to land one.
This is true! I surely am not an aviator but I thought they could only land at designated pads unless it was an emergency? ( I honestly don't know) I was just responding to what DisneyCane said about a helipad somewhere else on property, not too many people know there is one backstage at EPCOT.

peter11435

It’s not for the addition itself. It’s for construction support for the project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom