Disney with twin 1 year old girls...genius or crazy?

WDW 3

IMO - Crazy.
I know I am among the minority here but my daughter would have been scarred for life because of her fear of all things costumed until she was about 4. Were just there last month and we are always stunned by the tiny babies there. MVMCP, raining, busy and some poor mother is trying to find someplace inside at Caseys to sit down and nurse. My daugther (now 16) decided then and there, no Disney with her kids until they can go with no bottles, diapers and stollers. I had a stoller injury that almost needed medical attention leaving the park one night and my husbands knee is not the same yet avoiding a stroller in the single rider line at EE, seriously??? Anyway... as said above I acknowledge that my opinion will be disagreed with, so don't bother, just saying.......

katnmouse

Our first time with kids we went with a one year old and a four year old and have been every year since. I think that limiting things to the kids speed made it more enjoyable in many ways for us. One years old was much easier than two or three but we loved every trip because we love WDW. I have to admit though that travelling with 2 one year olds would worry me a bit. Only you know your whole situation but if you are on this forum because you love it too, my advice is go, just remember to throttle it back to the kids level.

mgjones03

My twin girls were 21 months in September when we took them for their first Disney Vacation. We also have a 5 year old son, this was his 3rd visit. We planned on keeping things at a slower than usual pace, and they soaked up and loved everything. Any ride they could be on, they were, of course Dumbo and Magic Carpets were two of their favorites. We were at Disney 9 days and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort (the girls loved the pool, it was wonderful for children of any age), however; we had extra help from an Aunt and Grandma, and when you are trying to get on the buses you need all the help you can get. This also allowed my son and husband to go do to the more grown up rides, etc. We didn't go to Animal Kingdom, but enjoyed the other 3 parks, multiple character meals and even went to Mickey's Halloween Party.
As far as remembering the vacation, the girls just have to look thru one of our photo albums or see the pictures on the computer and then they can tell you each characters name, the castle, and of course they say they want to go back. Each trip is what you make it, no one else can determine the amount of fun and not so fun you will have, so go and live it up. Enjoy!! The pictures are priceless!!!

captainkidd

I have twin almost 3 year old boys. They've been to Disney 4 times:

-5 months old
-10 months old
-1 year and 5 months old
-2 years and 5 months old

Each time was fantastic. Don't let other people who can't handle it disuade you.

heartodisney

picture.php

I cannot even imagine doing that, that is why we are waiting till my daughter is at least 4 so she can walk around more than being pushed around. Good luck and God Bless!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I had fun with both of our kids when they were younger. Just pay attention to the their "signs." The only bad time we had was evening EMH with our 18 month old son. He needed to go to bed and after a while REALLY let us know it. Otherwise, no big problems that I can think of.

Nikki M

Do it. We took our son when he was 6 months, 14 months, and will be returning in March when he is 18 months. It was (and is!) so fun for us to take our little guy that we love and adore to a place that we enjoy so much. Everyone told us not to do it, but why? Should you put your life on hold because you have kids? No! Is it a different trip than a trip without kids? Yes! But your whole life is different since they came along. Everyone has a different parenting style and lifestyle. We take our son everywhere on all kinds of trips and events, so he is used to it. If you are not up to it, don't do it. If you are, go and have a blast. It will be the same as a regular day. You will have to stop to take a nap, they will have fussy times. They also will enjoy seeing the new sites and you will enjoy taking them with you.

My advice is to utilize the baby care center in each park. You can go in change diapers, corral them and let them run around, even take a nap. I would also advise to not skimp on the nap just b/c you are on vacation. You will miss on a couple of hours, but is so worth it to keep as close to the daily schedule as possible.

Have a great time! Disney is the most kid friendly place to take them!

Nikki M

Do it. We took our son when he was 6 months, 14 months, and will be returning in March when he is 18 months. It was (and is!) so fun for us to take our little guy that we love and adore to a place that we enjoy so much. Everyone told us not to do it, but why? Should you put your life on hold because you have kids? No! Is it a different trip than a trip without kids? Yes! But your whole life is different since they came along. Everyone has a different parenting style and lifestyle. We take our son everywhere on all kinds of trips and events, so he is used to it. If you are not up to it, don't do it. If you are, go and have a blast. It will be the same as a regular day. You will have to stop to take a nap, they will have fussy times. They also will enjoy seeing the new sites and you will enjoy taking them with you.

My advice is to utilize the baby care center in each park. You can go in change diapers, corral them and let them run around, even take a nap. I would also advise to not skimp on the nap just b/c you are on vacation. You will miss on a couple of hours, but is so worth it to keep as close to the daily schedule as possible.

Have a great time! Disney is the most kid friendly place to take them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom