Disney Wish

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member

New trailer for 'Making the Wish - Disney's Newest Cruise Ship' coming to National Geographic​

Too much Brand Synergy!
Cant take much more!
img GIF

I would hope they put a QR Code in the "Documentary" that links to the DCL Booking site.

FLDan41302

You all can say what you want to say about this post. Torch me if that makes you happy, just remember this is my impressions of the Wish. I am not a TikTok or YouTube creator. I am just an average Passholder and Disney Cruiser.

I have now completed my 7th Disney Cruise and I would recommend any other ship in the current fleet, but I cannot say this about the Wish sadly.

I have an idea after going on a 4-day cruise on the Wish during Thanksgiving week for what was supposed to be a holiday cruise.... put the ship into Dry Dock and spend about 1.5 billion dollars and fix this thing! The holiday theming was subpar at best....

Things they got wrong...
Senses spa has too much of a footprint. They could have done something better
Arendale is a wallpaper nightmare (Spotted missing pieces of said paper everywhere) and sits directly aft which is great but yeah you will notice it while you are eating, and 40 knot winds are pushing the boat around. Needless to say, Scandinavian themed food did not want to stay down.
2 Elevator banks (ugh, why) one bank which sits directly in the path of the Marvel dining location where everyone is standing and waiting for the doors to open to go eat. You can't use that bank of elevators to get on or off that bank of elevators on that floor when people are blocking the doors. I am not handicapped but this is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Speaking of lawsuits waiting to happen....The adult pool...I'm sorry wait...the Adult Death Trap pool. Getting in and out of the pool is a straight ladder system that you must be in good condition to use. Do not under any circumstance use this pool if you are injured in any shape or form. If you are in that pool and alone at the time, you could not be in a worse spot to have a medical emergency. I also echo all that has been said about the adult area of the pool deck.

The flow of the ship feels like that there was a good direction from the imagineers but you get the feeling that some Accountant said, "Hey we need more concierge suites to make more money" and "Hey we need spaces for high end shopping". Speaking of this type of thinking, why would you make a ship based on an Entertainment company with one of the most generic entrances to its theater area? The Magic, Wonder, Dream, and Fantasy do a much better job with this area.

Oh and you can't schedule an appointment in the tangled salon for anyone below the age of 18 in the App or by calling. You have to go to the shop and schedule it there directly. This doesn't need dry dock to fix, it just needs thoughtful programming in the App.

The stateroom we had was dominated by 2 smoke detectors that flashed a red light in your eyes while you tried to sleep. A blue light emanated from the AC

Things they got right....
The quick service areas for food. The food was much better in these areas than anticipated. The barbeque was excellent.
The multiple coffee cafes worked great for me.
The Atrium is beautiful and very functional

The biggest thing they forgot to put into the boat? The magical feel....Earlier this year we went on the Wonder and it had that physical feel of Magic this ship didn't have that feeling or soul. Would I go back on the Wish in its current form? Not going to lie I love DCL but I would be hesitant to go back on this boat.

Chip Chipperson

You all can say what you want to say about this post. Torch me if that makes you happy, just remember this is my impressions of the Wish. I am not a TikTok or YouTube creator. I am just an average Passholder and Disney Cruiser.

I have now completed my 7th Disney Cruise and I would recommend any other ship in the current fleet, but I cannot say this about the Wish sadly.

I have an idea after going on a 4-day cruise on the Wish during Thanksgiving week for what was supposed to be a holiday cruise.... put the ship into Dry Dock and spend about 1.5 billion dollars and fix this thing! The holiday theming was subpar at best....

Things they got wrong...
Senses spa has too much of a footprint. They could have done something better
Arendale is a wallpaper nightmare (Spotted missing pieces of said paper everywhere) and sits directly aft which is great but yeah you will notice it while you are eating, and 40 knot winds are pushing the boat around. Needless to say, Scandinavian themed food did not want to stay down.
2 Elevator banks (ugh, why) one bank which sits directly in the path of the Marvel dining location where everyone is standing and waiting for the doors to open to go eat. You can't use that bank of elevators to get on or off that bank of elevators on that floor when people are blocking the doors. I am not handicapped but this is a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Speaking of lawsuits waiting to happen....The adult pool...I'm sorry wait...the Adult Death Trap pool. Getting in and out of the pool is a straight ladder system that you must be in good condition to use. Do not under any circumstance use this pool if you are injured in any shape or form. If you are in that pool and alone at the time, you could not be in a worse spot to have a medical emergency. I also echo all that has been said about the adult area of the pool deck.

The flow of the ship feels like that there was a good direction from the imagineers but you get the feeling that some Accountant said, "Hey we need more concierge suites to make more money" and "Hey we need spaces for high end shopping". Speaking of this type of thinking, why would you make a ship based on an Entertainment company with one of the most generic entrances to its theater area? The Magic, Wonder, Dream, and Fantasy do a much better job with this area.

Oh and you can't schedule an appointment in the tangled salon for anyone below the age of 18 in the App or by calling. You have to go to the shop and schedule it there directly. This doesn't need dry dock to fix, it just needs thoughtful programming in the App.

The stateroom we had was dominated by 2 smoke detectors that flashed a red light in your eyes while you tried to sleep. A blue light emanated from the AC

Things they got right....
The quick service areas for food. The food was much better in these areas than anticipated. The barbeque was excellent.
The multiple coffee cafes worked great for me.
The Atrium is beautiful and very functional

The biggest thing they forgot to put into the boat? The magical feel....Earlier this year we went on the Wonder and it had that physical feel of Magic this ship didn't have that feeling or soul. Would I go back on the Wish in its current form? Not going to lie I love DCL but I would be hesitant to go back on this boat.

I liked the ship a little more than you did (I'll definitely sail on it again, but it is definitely flawed in ways that the Dream isn't but also does some things better), but I agree with the holiday decorations. The gold trees are ugly to me and the majority of the photo opportunities for my 3-day cruise were either pirate costumes or the standard cruise costumes. Had that been mentioned anywhere in the app, we would have made more of an effort to get pictures on Night 1 rather than resting after dinner.

I wasn't bothered by the size of Senses, although that could be because we made ample use of the Rainforest Room.

Surfin' Tuna

The size of senses isn't their biggest design flaw on this ship, but I will agree with the lack of "magic" on the ship. I hadn't really thought about that aspect of it until just now, and it really sums up the ship. The ship feels very corporate and as if it was designed by committee. The layout is just wrong in about 50 different ways. The lack of walking track around the ship still continues to be near the top of my complaints list for this class. There was always the chance to get outside, get some fresh air, and relax - they even took that away. Some might say they would prefer you wondering around inside closer to the shops. We'll be sailing on the other four in the future unless they move this ship to an itinerary I can't ignore.

peter11435

The size of senses isn't their biggest design flaw on this ship, but I will agree with the lack of "magic" on the ship. I hadn't really thought about that aspect of it until just now, and it really sums up the ship. The ship feels very corporate and as if it was designed by committee. The layout is just wrong in about 50 different ways. The lack of walking track around the ship still continues to be near the top of my complaints list for this class. There was always the chance to get outside, get some fresh air, and relax - they even took that away. Some might say they would prefer you wondering around inside closer to the shops. We'll be sailing on the other four in the future unless they move this ship to an itinerary I can't ignore.
You can still go outside, get some fresh air, and relax on deck 4, 5 and 6.

peter11435

If you can find the doors, some.of which aren't easy to spot.
It’s really not that hard. There’s 6 sets of doors just like the other ships. Three on each side. All are shown on the deck plans posted around the ship and near every elevator lobby. 4 of the six are exactly the same as the doors found on the rest of the fleet. Large wooden doors with large windows that you can clearly see outside. I’ll agree that the remaining two are a little hard to spot because the doors continue the grand hall wall aesthetic but there are illuminated signs pointing towards them stating shipboard promenade with an arrow.

It’s clear some people are just looking for things to complain about

FLDan41302

It’s really not that hard. There’s 6 sets of doors just like the other ships. Three on each side. All are shown on the deck plans posted around the ship and near every elevator lobby. 4 of the six are exactly the same as the doors found on the rest of the fleet. Large wooden doors with large windows that you can clearly see outside. I’ll agree that the remaining two are a little hard to spot because the doors continue the grand hall wall aesthetic but there are illuminated signs pointing towards them stating shipboard promenade with an arrow.
I actually have to disagree about the doors. The only clearly marked entrances and exits with glass doors to go outside on that deck are towards the Aft section of the ship not at the front. The crew get complaints about it all the time. The doors forward appear to be for crew only but until you actually walk up to them you can't tell. There is no signage for exit or rather it's not clearly marked. It's also not done in an inviting way for you to want to use those forward doors. The other ships have proper doors to promote guests in using the promenade, shuffleboard, track...The one good thing you could do on this deck is get right out on the bow (Yes, I know it's more steps, but it is worth it), but you will notice one of the biggest drawbacks to Senses spa. If you are using that section of the outdoor spa, you will be on full display to the world. Not what I call relaxing being on full view like in a fishbowl not to mention the noise from guests breaking your peace.

Last edited:

peter11435

I actually have to disagree about the doors. The only clearly marked entrances and exits with glass doors to go outside on that deck are towards the Aft section of the ship not at the front. The crew get complaints about it all the time. The doors forward appear to be for crew only but until you actually walk up to them you can't tell. There is no signage for exit or rather it's not clearly marked. It's also not done in an inviting way for you to want to use those forward doors. The other ships have proper doors to promote guests in using the promenade, shuffleboard, track...The one good thing you could do on this deck is get right out on the bow (Yes, I know it's more steps, but it is worth it), but you will notice one of the biggest drawbacks to Senses spa. If you are using that section of the outdoor spa, you will be on full display to the world. Not what I call relaxing being on full view like in a fishbowl not to mention the noise from guests breaking your peace.
You’re welcome to disagree but everything I said is a fact. There are three sets of doors on each side. 2 aft that are glass and 2 forward on deck 5 that are also glass. The only ones not glass are the midship doors just off the grand hall. Those are the ones that appear to be crew doors because you can’t see through them. But they have signage and automatic door openers. All are clearly marked with illuminated directional signage pointing you towards them.

Last edited:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
All are clearly marked with illuminated directional signage pointing you towards them.

The plain white ones were most definitely not, at least not when I sailed in August. The only indication that they were for passenger use was the small and easily overlooked accessibility button beside them. Might they have added signage since then? And then further forward there WAS a sign directing to the promenade, but that one really was pointing to a crew only door.

peter11435

The plain white ones were most definitely not, at least not when I sailed in August. The only indication that they were for passenger use was the small and easily overlooked accessibility button beside them. Might they have added signage since then? And then further forward there WAS a sign directing to the promenade, but that one really was pointing to a crew only door.
I sailed on the Wish three times but they may have all been after you.

The Colonel

I agree with all of the criticisms. The Wish is a one and done for me. I had a giant aft wrap-around cabin which was wonderful, but the walk to the elevators/stairs was ridiculous. The lack of a third set of elevators/stairs was a terrible mistake.

Terrible flow, confusing, dead ends, etc.

Also there was precious little Christmas theming for a Merrytime Cruise. And no Christmas themed shows at all. Or Merch.

Star Wars Lounge was a joke. It was constantly empty. Nothing to see there. And I hated the Marvel themed MDR. I would trade it in a second for Animators Palette.

The grand entrance to the Walt Disney Theater is gone.

And if that Cinderella Statue isn't the scariest thing I've ever seen...

ToTBellHop

On the Wish and do not feel nearly as negative as some. Absolutely beautiful ship and we’ve loved the restaurants. Yes, there are some weird dead ends but we are used to similar oddities on other ships and it’s not a dealbreaker once you get your bearings.

The kids LOVE the Oceaneer Club.

We enjoy the organization of the pool deck.

Not huge fans of buffets anywhere and Marceline’s doesn’t change that but we love Festival of Food.

Great entertainment so far.

We’d have no objection to sailing on Wish again.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
On the Wish and do not feel nearly as negative as some. Absolutely beautiful ship and we’ve loved the restaurants. Yes, there are some weird dead ends but we are used to similar oddities on other ships and it’s not a dealbreaker once you get your bearings.

The kids LOVE the Oceaneer Club.

We enjoy the organization of the pool deck.

Not huge fans of buffets anywhere and Marceline’s doesn’t change that but we love Festival of Food.

Great entertainment so far.

We’d have no objection to sailing on Wish again.
The way people keep talking about dead ends, I can only picture the Winchester mystery house.

LittleMerman

Vegas Disney Fan

We were on the Wish last week and really enjoyed it, the biggest pro is it’s a very pretty ship, the biggest con is the bizarre layout choices.

I wasn’t as bothered as most with the elevators and didn’t have any issues finding my way around the ship but I’m still stumped how they managed to make every space on the huge Wish feel much smaller than the counterpart spaces on the tiny Wonder.

The restaurant tables were ridiculously close together, the servers were struggling to get between them without bumping into guests or their chairs, the lounges were so small you had to show up 15 minutes ahead of time for trivia or bands or you’d have no chance at a seat (something we never experienced on the Wonder), the bars were tiny, the pools were small and crowded, even the seats in the theater felt tiny compared to the Wonder… it was weird that the ship feels massive but every space on it feels small. (The exception being the stunning atrium)

The food was also a bit of a let down compared to the Wonder, it wasn’t bad but I didn’t leave a single restaurant raving about a dish, it wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t great.

We had a blast, and I’d get back on the Wish again tomorrow if I could, but I definitely fall into the “not my first choice” category.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We were on the Wish last week and really enjoyed it, the biggest pro is it’s a very pretty ship, the biggest con is the bizarre layout choices.

I wasn’t as bothered as most with the elevators and didn’t have any issues finding my way around the ship but I’m still stumped how they managed to make every space on the huge Wish feel much smaller than the counterpart spaces on the tiny Wonder.

The restaurant tables were ridiculously close together, the servers were struggling to get between them without bumping into guests or their chairs, the lounges were so small you had to show up 15 minutes ahead of time for trivia or bands or you’d have no chance at a seat (something we never experienced on the Wonder), the bars were tiny, the pools were small and crowded, even the seats in the theater felt tiny compared to the Wonder… it was weird that the ship feels massive but every space on it feels small. (The exception being the stunning atrium)

The food was also a bit of a let down compared to the Wonder, it wasn’t bad but I didn’t leave a single restaurant raving about a dish, it wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t great.

We had a blast, and I’d get back on the Wish again tomorrow if I could, but I definitely fall into the “not my first choice” category.
Totally agree with you. Well put.

Surfin' Tuna

I definitely fall into the “not my first choice” category.
All of your points were so accurate. I was curious if maybe I was wrong about the Wish, but we just got back from the Fantasy. What a difference between those two ships. The Wish is certainly a pretty ship, and we had a good times but just almost ever part of the ship seemed to miss the mark. Getting back on the Fantasy felt like coming home and I was reminded why we fell in love with DCL in the first place. There were a few missteps on the Fantasy as well, but I didn't feel so crowded. Btw, I'm also happy to hear someone else complain about the seats in the Wish theater; I was worried it was my size increase that was the problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom