Disney Wish

caranate

I’m on the Wish right now. I ate at Palo last night and had the A5 Wagyu. It was one of the best I’ve ever had, and I’ve had A5 many times before. Maybe he got another cut of wagyu, but both places have access to the same ingredients. I also wonder how done he requested his beef? It looks well done by the markings, which is no where near proper temperature for wagyu and will ruin the flavor profile. Only someone who’s ignorant to wagyu would have it cooked that way. It’s hard to take Pete seriously as a food critic when he’s asking for a Coke Zero in a fine dining establishment. High end French cooking is not for everyone’s pallet, and everyone’s entitled to their opinion, but I would not listen to anything Pete has to say about food, or anything else for that matter.

I read all the “hate” on the Wish before we set sail, and cannot believe where these so called experts are coming up with their reviews. It’s almost like some of them have never stepped foot on the Wish. Is it different than the other 3 DCL ships I’ve been on? The answer is yes. Is it a bad experience? Absolutely not! I am looking forward to my next Wish cruise.

caranate

Here is my A5 (1/2 gone before I remembered to take a pic). The markings are much lighter that the one Pete showed.

Attachments

• D8F8C01A-8D5E-4641-8638-FF6D8495ECD2.jpeg
    D8F8C01A-8D5E-4641-8638-FF6D8495ECD2.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 88

Vegas Disney Fan

This is brutal. And while I’m not familiar with his YT channel, he’s quite well known in Disney circles.
Pete constantly praises DCL as the best of the best, he absolutely loves Disney cruises and constantly uses DCL as the standard of how the Disney parks should be.

For him to be so negative it must have been bad, I’ve watched the DCL show for quite a while and he seems to be on a Disney cruise every month though so I’m guessing he’ll be back soon to give them a chance to redeem themselves.

DCLcruiser

Hey everyone, I just got off the Wish and Fantasy and it was great to be able compare them back to back. The Wish did a lot of things right and could do better.
The Wish has much brighter colors around most of it.
The Laundry room on deck 8 is fantastic.
The stairs are wider.
Marceline Market has better food in my opinion and the kids‘ counter in there was a great idea.
The lights to the bathroom are on the inside and there is a nightlight in there as well.
We really enjoyed the MDRs as well. It seems that a lot of people dressed in 1920s garb on their 1923 night. It was cool to see.

There is less storage in the desk/vanity in your room.
Mickey’s Mainsail is too narrow as is off of deck 5 and can’t widen out.
Guest services is in the middle of the deck 4 hall so people are transiting and mixing with the line. It disturbs the flow. The pools seems smaller and not as deep.

It’s a beautiful ship, and I wouldn’t not sail on her again, but I don’t think it’s my favorite.
Which nightlife area was the dance club? Bayou?

jaklgreen

Pete constantly praises DCL as the best of the best, he absolutely loves Disney cruises and constantly uses DCL as the standard of how the Disney parks should be.

For him to be so negative it must have been bad, I’ve watched the DCL show for quite a while and he seems to be on a Disney cruise every month though so I’m guessing he’ll be back soon to give them a chance to redeem themselves.
He has been very critical of most food lately. He obliterated Boma and I know that the food is still good because I went a week after his review and no one else has said anything bad about the food. Everyone has their opinion on food, but I tend not to credit reviews from people who smoke since they taste things completely differently then non smokers. As far as the service that he was complaining about, that is a very fair assessment. And of course, chicken should not be raw.

jaklgreen

Weird. The other ships all had a dance club. The Tube (Fantasty), Fathoms (Magic), Azure (Wonder), Evolution (Dream).
And they were barely used. I sail on the Fantasy mostly, and every time that I went down to the Tube in the evenings, there were hardly any people in there and no one was dancing. It was mostly just groups of people talking. If they were really that popular, I doubt that Disney would have done away with them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
All the uncertainty over the entertainment and the Oceaneers Club stuff, coupled with some early reviews and some really bizarre design choices, put us over the top and we’ve cancelled our March 2023 sailing.
March 2023? That’s way out. Not quite sure I understand why you would think any lingering entertainment issues wouldn’t be sorted. But yeah, if you want the design to be exactly the same as the previous ships, maybe it’s not for you.

EOD K9

All the uncertainty over the entertainment and the Oceaneers Club stuff, coupled with some early reviews and some really bizarre design choices, put us over the top and we’ve cancelled our March 2023 sailing.
I thought the Oceaneers Club on the Wish was awesome. My kids liked it better than the Fantasy.

DCLcruiser

And they were barely used. I sail on the Fantasy mostly, and every time that I went down to the Tube in the evenings, there were hardly any people in there and no one was dancing. It was mostly just groups of people talking. If they were really that popular, I doubt that Disney would have done away with them.
I would agree. We usually sail in the spring, so the ships aren't packed, and the dance floor is never full. Usually we make friends from our table and go out to the lounges/clubs, but it's never as you see in the brochure video haha.

EPCOT-O.G.

March 2023? That’s way out. Not quite sure I understand why you would think any lingering entertainment issues wouldn’t be sorted. But yeah, if you want the design to be exactly the same as the previous ships, maybe it’s not for you.
Much of this was based on the reviews I've been reading, whether from seasoned travelers or otherwise. We had other plans manifest for spring break to had to make a quick decision. Maybe they'll get things sorted out, but it seems to be very much a work in progress and didn't feel like it's worth the $4.5K cost.

I never expected (nor wanted) it to be exactly the same as previous ships, but their design choices are very curious and seem not to be received well.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Much of this was based on the reviews I've been reading, whether from seasoned travelers or otherwise. We had other plans manifest for spring break to had to make a quick decision. Maybe they'll get things sorted out, but it seems to be very much a work in progress and didn't feel like it's worth the $4.5K cost.

I never expected (nor wanted) it to be exactly the same as previous ships, but their design choices are very curious and seem not to be received well.
Ehh. I usually take all early reviews of a new product with a grain of salt. Some just want to be controversial, whether they are seasoned travelers or not. They get more clicks that way. And some of those people just don’t handle change well. Anyways I have heard great ones and not so great ones. But of course everyone makes a decision for themselves around how they want to spend their money.

Vegas Disney Fan

Judging by the reviews I’ve seen this seems fair. I’m curious if they’ll make design changes to the 2 other ships being constructed or just stick with the current plans.

Having said that we’re still excited for our Wish cruise in January, the reviews haven’t been kind but the common theme seems to be it’s a good/fun ship, just not as good as the other ones.

One review compared it to the WDW hotels and said it would be the Riviera of the ships, very nice but a letdown compared to the AK Lodge, not being the “best” doesn’t prevent me from wanting to experience the Wish or the Riviera though but I get why others would second guess it.

EPCOT-O.G.

Judging by the reviews I’ve seen this seems fair. I’m curious if they’ll make design changes to the 2 other ships being constructed or just stick with the current plans.

Having said that we’re still excited for our Wish cruise in January, the reviews haven’t been kind but the common theme seems to be it’s a good/fun ship, just not as good as the other ones.

One review compared it to the WDW hotels and said it would be the Riviera of the ships, very nice but a letdown compared to the AK Lodge, not being the “best” doesn’t prevent me from wanting to experience the Wish or the Riviera though but I get why others would second guess it.
Thanks, and not meant to knock it. We had an alternative option that's functionally a free vacation, and trying to justify that against the cost, it was a no brainer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom