Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The party sounds amazing, I've liked Epcot the most out of all the parks.

Trainingwise, the 36K wouldn't be a problem, because Paris is 5 weeks before it.

The planning will be crucial. I checked the dates of Princess '19. Not doing Dopey but Princess in '19 creates the possibility to get free for W&D '18. Damn damn damn.
Also need to get more details of my house. And wait for my upcoming half and full marathon.

Edit: about starwars: I have never even seen a movie, so not really into it. Also, Im to late to register for the kessel run challenge and PoT deadline. Last corral isnt motivating me, combined with high priced plane tickets because Im booking late.

I'm planning on Wine/Dine '18 and Princess '19 which will be my last 2 trips to Disney before I (hopefully) move back to FL. I'm going to invest in an AP since I'll be there 2x in 12 months.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm planning on Wine/Dine '18 and Princess '19 which will be my last 2 trips to Disney before I (hopefully) move back to FL. I'm going to invest in an AP since I'll be there 2x in 12 months.

South Dakota winters getting to you? A co-worker's daughter decided she just had to go to university in North Dakota. She was home by Spring semester. That thin Florida blood can't take winters in Fargo, lol.

surfsupdon

Wine&Dine has consistently been my favorite runDisney event...when it was a nighttime event. The course was epic, the after party was terrific.

Now as a morning race, year 1 the new course was the worst course I ever ran.

As a result of my disappoint, I sat out last year (year2), but then saw they gave a new course. The AK Studios Yacht Beach Epcot parts are my favorite. I immediately was upset I didn’t sign up.

As a result, I’m running this year!!! Hoping the course is similar to last year. Although you don’t run through the Castle, I do really enjoy this version of the course a lot.

The after party is so much fun. No lines for any Epcot rides (Frozen was the exception) and the CMs rocking out around World Showcase is great as you eat and drink your way around the world. It’s a ton of fun.

(Back in the day, I exclusively ran races that had an after party.) that’s tougher to do now.

The party tix is included. You can enter at 7pm. A very celebratory night at Epcot!!!

I’m already booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the event @RunningKoen . It’s not my first choice but it was available. Excited to see everybody.

Let’s get a real Magic meet up for WineDine!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Wine&Dine has consistently been my favorite runDisney event...when it was a nighttime event. The course was epic, the after party was terrific.

Now as a morning race, year 1 the new course was the worst course I ever ran.

As a result of my disappoint, I sat out last year (year2), but then saw they gave a new course. The AK Studios Yacht Beach Epcot parts are my favorite. I immediately was upset I didn’t sign up.

As a result, I’m running this year!!! Hoping the course is similar to last year. Although you don’t run through the Castle, I do really enjoy this version of the course a lot.

The after party is so much fun. No lines for any Epcot rides (Frozen was the exception) and the CMs rocking out around World Showcase is great as you eat and drink your way around the world. It’s a ton of fun.

(Back in the day, I exclusively ran races that had an after party.) that’s tougher to do now.

The party tix is included. You can enter at 7pm. A very celebratory night at Epcot!!!

I’m already booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge for the event @RunningKoen . It’s not my first choice but it was available. Excited to see everybody.

Let’s get a real Magic meet up for WineDine!

We're excited you're back too, especially your socks. 😁

surfsupdon

I just figured out the W&D has a different course for the half than princesses (AK, HS en world Showcase instead of just MK).

How's the 5K? Nice addition or not a problem to miss out on it?

I love the half course. The 5K is at AK and pretty good. I haven’t run it since the 5K was Sat morning and the Half was Sat night—that was a truly unique challenge.

I’m passing on the 5K and 10K this year...to save money lol.

surfsupdon

We're excited you're back too, especially your socks. 😁
I’m excited to be back. I love Wine&Dine and look forward to another great race weekend with all the runners.

Love my World Showcase socks!!! Edited to add them :) BA986452-670E-4C28-B7F7-D14EC0FAC39C.jpegD21C2DDB-FED6-4343-87B6-B9C6363A2BEA.jpeg

LAKid53

Premium Member
Haven't booked my resort yet, but I'll be staying at Copper Creek. Maybe I can convince my SIL to join me, if he survives Dark Side in 2 months. Don't think he's ever visited during F&W.

Sadly, I have to leave WDW tomorrow and go home. But I'll be back in 2 months!

RunningKoen

I love the half course. The 5K is at AK and pretty good. I haven’t run it since the 5K was Sat morning and the Half was Sat night—that was a truly unique challenge.

I’m passing on the 5K and 10K this year...to save money lol.

I've run a 10 milers followed with 5K in the next hour, so that 5K /21K thing would be a nice challenge for me.
I guess it would be a shame to pass on the 5K and 10K. Being there for just two days and 1 race would be a waste of the plane tickets.

What days are you guys staying? I should probably arrive on thursday for the expo, leave on monday after the party.
@surfsupdon AKL sounds amazing! Will you be alone this weekend or did you find some family willing to join?

Edit 1: Checked and found a perfectly timed and cheap flight.
Edit 2: Rather cheap on site hotel room found aswell. No dining plan or park tickets included. Tips for that?

Last edited:

surfsupdon

I've run a 10 milers followed with 5K in the next hour, so that 5K /21K thing would be a nice challenge for me.
I guess it would be a shame to pass on the 5K and 10K. Being there for just two days and 1 race would be a waste of the plane tickets.

What days are you guys staying? I should probably arrive on thursday for the expo, leave on monday after the party.
@surfsupdon AKL sounds amazing! Will you be alone this weekend or did you find some family willing to join?

Edit 1: Checked and found a perfectly timed and cheap flight.
Edit 2: Rather cheap on site hotel room found aswell. No dining plan or park tickets included. Tips for that?
I am there Friday-Tuesday :)

surfsupdon

How do you deal with park tickets and dining?
Well I will have an annual pass. And dining is that I eat when I’m hungry. I don’t believe in meal plans and credits. If I want a steak from Jiko, I go. If I want a flatbread from Pinocchio Village Haus, I get it. Just pay as I go. It’s a lot less planning required. Just my style. What were you thinking?

RunningKoen

Dining Plan works well for me (big eater) certainly if it is part of deal with hotel and tickets. So far, no special deal found yet.

Park tickets are a mess though, any discount options? I see the 14 day for the price of 7 days special but thats still as expensive as buying for 4 days ...
Buying park tickets combined with hotel gives me FP+ and memory maker, but it almost 70% of what the hotel room cost .. Hmm Hmm.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm doing my usual Wednesday to Wednesday. I get a one bedroom DVC villa, so I cook until the races are completed. Sunday evening I'll do dinner somewhere in Epcot before the party. Like @surfsupdon, I'm an annual passholder, so I've got my ticket.

As far as park tickets, remeber your party ticket allows you to get into Epcot early, so you might not need a ticket for every day you are here. Most of the rides were operating for the party last November. And other than Frozen (35 minute wait), they were walk-ons. If you're going to eat in a park during your stay, make sure to plan to visit the park and eat there the same day. No need to get a park hopper ticket - unless you plan on visiting more than one park per day. I'd get a 3 day ticket.

You're staying in one of the All Stars?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Dining Plan works well for me (big eater) certainly if it is part of deal with hotel and tickets. So far, no special deal found yet.

Park tickets are a mess though, any discount options? I see the 14 day for the price of 7 days special but thats still as expensive as buying for 4 days ...
Buying park tickets combined with hotel gives me FP+ and memory maker, but it almost 70% of what the hotel room cost .. Hmm Hmm.

You can purchase a package with hotel, Disney Dining Plan (DDP), and tickets - The package is known as Magic Your Way.

The only discount available during that time of year would be on your hotel room. Values (All Stars, Pop Century) are usually discounted around 15% - 20% from the full rack room rate for the time of year. Discounts would probably be announced in late August.

Your race registration includes photopass, so no memory maker needs to be purchased.

Unless you plan on returning before the remaining days on that 14 day ticket expire, I'd stick with either a 3 or 4 day ticket. That 14 day ticket is geared towards our UK friends.

RunningKoen

All Star Sports is the cheapest for that weekend.

I'd liked the park hopping I did last year, and I'll have four days to visit parks.

When looking for just 4 days of park tickets, the cost (320 euros without hopper/380 euro with) makes it very tempting to just go for the 7 day offer included with the hotel deal. It adds the photopass, and its like 20 euro extra.

Overall, the pricing system really is a mess. Definitely aimed for a long stay ...

LAKid53

Premium Member
@RunningKoen, Kingdom Konsultants is a Disney specific travel agency...and a sponsor for WDWMagic. I'd contact them about booking your hotel room, dining and tickets. They can take care of it all for you and if any type of discount is announced after everything is booked, they will redo your reservation to get the discount.

RunningKoen

You can purchase a package with hotel, Disney Dining Plan (DDP), and tickets - The package is known as Magic Your Way.

The only discount available during that time of year would be on your hotel room. Values (All Stars, Pop Century) are usually discounted around 15% - 20% from the full rack room rate for the time of year. Discounts would probably be announced in late August.

Your race registration includes photopass, so no memory maker needs to be purchased.

Unless you plan on returning before the remaining days on that 14 day ticket expire, I'd stick with either a 3 or 4 day ticket. That 14 day ticket is geared towards our UK friends.

Is the photopass for the race also valid for your time in the parks?

The current deal Im seeing gives me a whooping 15 euro off park tickets. Lucky me. Park hopping with be 415 euro's for a 6 day ticket (it's linked to my stay but arriving late on day 1 and leaving early on day 6). The UK 14 day offer is cheaper at this point.

I do like the Magic Your Way package and will likely go for it again. Might check out that company you mentioned.

During my WDW time, I used a different UK offer and got me discount on dining plan, free nights and a gift card. That isnt showing up this time :(

LAKid53

Premium Member
Is the photopass for the race also valid for your time in the parks?

The current deal Im seeing gives me a whooping 15 euro off park tickets. Lucky me. Park hopping with be 415 euro's for a 6 day ticket (it's linked to my stay but arriving late on day 1 and leaving early on day 6). The UK 14 day offer is cheaper at this point.

I do like the Magic Your Way package and will likely go for it again. Might check out that company you mentioned.

During my WDW time, I used a different UK offer and got me discount on dining plan, free nights and a gift card. That isnt showing up this time :(

The race photopass is just for the races, so it wouldn't be good during a regular park visit. It's tied to your race bib number.

I don't know when that UK package is offered. But the travel agency I suggested can help you with questions like that.

RunningKoen

The race photopass is just for the races, so it wouldn't be good during a regular park visit. It's tied to your race bib number.

I don't know when that UK package is offered. But the travel agency I suggested can help you with questions like that.

Contacted them. Is the memory maker part of their deal?

Checked into it. An annual pass might even be cheaper. How 'select' is that 20% merchandise and dining?
Does it include expo material? Some or most restaurants (I get that the exclusive ones wont be 20% off)?

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
South Dakota winters getting to you? A co-worker's daughter decided she just had to go to university in North Dakota. She was home by Spring semester. That thin Florida blood can't take winters in Fargo, lol.

I'm from here but I've wanted to live in FL for as long as I can remember. I did the college program a zillion years ago and have been trying to find a way to move back permanently since. I'm giving myself 2 years. Yes...I'm VERY sick of winters!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom