Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Printed out waivers and was going to enter my mobile number into their tracking system to get updates on pacing for each race. Couldn't find it on the email from rD. Have this discontinued this option? I found it very helpful in the past.

Figment82

Printed out waivers and was going to enter my mobile number into their tracking system to get updates on pacing for each race. Couldn't find it on the email from rD. Have this discontinued this option? I found it very helpful in the past.

You can find the link under Spectators on the W&D event page on runDisney’s site.

Or text WDM to 38909.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So everybody ready? Usually cast of suspects running?

Just got my ticket to the Sunday evening party in the mail. Still waiting for the email with the $15 gift card. Which will be put to good use, especially if my boys take it all this year! Last game is the night I arrive, so I'll have to hold off serious celebrations until Sunday evening. I'll be the slightly tipsy runner wearing a Dodgers t shirt and baseball cap with several medals around my neck. ;)

Texas84

After 14 years with runDisney, I will finally be conquering my biggest running fear....my first Dopey Challenge. Yes I will be there in January.

You'll be fine. You'll be with 20,000 of your closest friends. Those first three days get you ready for that final early day. It's a 3-day warmup. I used to think about it this way, four consecutive 12-14 hour days on my feet in the parks is the same as the Dopey. :)

I'm only doing Goofy this time and I'm a little worried because I won't have the 5K and 10K warmup.

Sorry, off-topic.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I see we can get discounts at many retailers at Disney Springs - they really want us to use those $15 gift cards, lol. Or....participation is down. Only 4 corrals this morning for the 5k. I got excited when I picked up my race bib yesterday and saw I was in Corral B - until I saw just 4 when I arrived at the staging area.

The Expo wasn't the usually madness either. I arrived about a hour after it opened. The buses from the resorts parked close to the entrance - right next to the new building on the right. No more walking a mile from the bus to the entrance. And we didn't have to walk around the fields and enter Building J from the lower level - we could enter from the plaza level as in the past.

surfsupdon

Maybe if participation is in fact down all across the board for runDisney....offer some meaningful incentives from the past to drive numbers up again, and then start the cutting process again.

Remember when race registration came with a 1-Day Park Ticket?
Remember the STEEP ticket discounts for you and your family, when you utilized a specific code?
Remember the little Resort Discount? Not large, but still 10-15% discounts for runners.

dreamfinder

Maybe if participation is in fact down all across the board for runDisney....offer some meaningful incentives from the past to drive numbers up again, and then start the cutting process again.

Remember when race registration came with a 1-Day Park Ticket?
Remember the STEEP ticket discounts for you and your family, when you utilized a specific code?
Remember the little Resort Discount? Not large, but still 10-15% discounts for runners.

My favorite was still the Halloween 5k. Ran it at the MK, and the entry fee included a MNSSHP ticket. Yeah, it was like a $90 5k, but thats what they cost now without the party ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom