Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

tink65

Well! I finally have my first 1/2 marathon under my belt and I have to say it was better than I could have imagined! Had an awesome time....

My finish time was 2:42 and that includes 9 photo op breaks and 3 bathroom breaks!

I didn't have any trouble finding all I needed at the Expo. On the way out of the building where I picked up my swag bag I noticed several computers set up for text alerts. I signed both myself & my daughter up. She & DH could keep up with my progress and I wouldn't have to wait to get my time!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I don't claim they are great meaningfull song writers - far from it. I just find their music fun and energizing - the fist 20 times or so - after that it gets old. :D

-dave
Oh I know. I just have this thing with music and logos. I just cant bring myself to listen to certain music. Dave, if a cover band plays it, chances are, Im not a huge fan. So, we can rest assure, that at wedding receptions, Im dieing. :lol:

PS: Congrats to all the first timers on the half. WAY TO GO!

surfsupdon

No, nobody was cooking on the course this year.

I enjoyed the race. My all time favorite course entertainment remains to be the FIRST EVER Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13K, where they had what appeard to be escaped deranged ghost folks wandering around the entire WWoS complex. Dressed all in white, just kind of strolling around acting freaky and unnatural. It was great!!

Wine and Dine was a lot of fun too. Really fun, in fact! Loved running through Yacht/Beach, and loved running through the MGM--you spend a lot of time in that park, which I like.

joel_maxwell

No, nobody was cooking on the course this year.

I enjoyed the race. My all time favorite course entertainment remains to be the FIRST EVER Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 13K, where they had what appeard to be escaped deranged ghost folks wandering around the entire WWoS complex. Dressed all in white, just kind of strolling around acting freaky and unnatural. It was great!!

Wine and Dine was a lot of fun too. Really fun, in fact! Loved running through Yacht/Beach, and loved running through the MGM--you spend a lot of time in that park, which I like.
Goodness, I had forgotten about the guy by TOT last year. Talk about yack!

Ariel484

Well! I finally have my first 1/2 marathon under my belt and I have to say it was better than I could have imagined! Had an awesome time....

My finish time was 2:42 and that includes 9 photo op breaks and 3 bathroom breaks!

I didn't have any trouble finding all I needed at the Expo. On the way out of the building where I picked up my swag bag I noticed several computers set up for text alerts. I signed both myself & my daughter up. She & DH could keep up with my progress and I wouldn't have to wait to get my time!

Congratulations!! :sohappy:

Thanks for the text alert info...I'm glad to see RunDisney still does this!

Phonedave

MR. FREDERICKSON!!!-Super Cool! I need to get my picture with him! Last year it was Russell & Dug.
Seems like a lot less characters out then last year.
Did they still have the guys cooking throughout the race course?

There were no people out cooking this year, at least none that I saw.

Mr. Fredrickson was one of two characters that I stopped to take a picture with :D

232323232%7Ffp73457%3Enu%3D6898%3E%3A6%3B%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D34556%3A55%3C7348nu0mrj

-dave

Phonedave

Joel was good enought to dump my Garmin data into Google Earth if anybody wants to see where the course went.

The finish is closer to the bus stop area than indicated. I had set my watch to stop at 13.1 miles. The finish was about 0.1 miles after the point where the watch stopped.

-dave

DHS Path

232323232%7Ffp73458%3Enu%3D6898%3E%3A6%3B%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3455697846348nu0mrj

AK Path

232323232%7Ffp73448%3Enu%3D6898%3E%3A6%3B%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D345569%3B%3B48348nu0mrj

Finish Path

232323232%7Ffp7346%3B%3Enu%3D6898%3E%3A6%3B%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3455697844348nu0mrj

joel_maxwell

Joel was good enought to dump my Garmin data into Google Earth if anybody wants to see where the course went.

The finish is closer to the bus stop area than indicated. I had set my watch to stop at 13.1 miles. The finish was about 0.1 miles after the point where the watch stopped.

-dave

DHS Path

AK Path

Finish Path
Like I said on PM, the exit of AK is a bit different taking you on the other side of Dinosaur and behind it. Thanks for posting them Dave. Nice pic with Mr. Fredrickson :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We decided that we only had 2 goals for this race:

1) Finish
2) Be able to walk the next day.

My wife has been battling IT Band issues since August, and is actually going to be starting some physical therapy on them next week. We decided that we were going to take it extremely slow. We even visited the Florida Hospital area at the expo, where they gave her a good rubdown on those muscles.

We had a good time, and the course was great. We finished in a little over 3 hours, which was the plan. We did a run/walk philosophy that allowed us to really enjoy doing the race together. Becky was still hurting pretty good the next day, as her knees had issues the last couple miles. She was able to still do the run part, but that was much slower as we went out of the studios.

The studios seemed to last forever. By the time we were done, I was saying "I hope I never see this place again." We were back 2 days later.

We'll be back for this race, as we booked the bounceback offer in our room for free dining for next year. We are going to first get her knees healthy, then focus on strengthening ourselves better in an effort to put out a better time.

MKCP 1985

1) Finish

We'll be back for this race, as we booked the bounceback offer in our room for free dining for next year. We are going to first get her knees healthy, then focus on strengthening ourselves better in an effort to put out a better time.

Hey, those are reasonable goals. Don't worry about the finishing time. 99% of the people in the world will never complete a half marathon at any pace.

Have fun, get fit. That's my motto. :wave:

dreamfinder

1) Finish

Hey, those are reasonable goals. Don't worry about the finishing time. 99% of the people in the world will never complete a half marathon at any pace.

Darn tooting. Nothing at all wrong with those. Occsionally I see people wearing shirts at races to the effect of
DFL > DNF > DNS >>>>>> DNR
(Dead last is better than did not finish is better than did not start is a heck of a lot better than did not register)

It's all about getting out there, being proud of your accomplishment, and crossing that finish line. Anything better than that is just frosting on the cake, gravy on the potatoes, whatever you fancy.

fmingo36

Darn tooting. Nothing at all wrong with those. Occsionally I see people wearing shirts at races to the effect of
DFL > DNF > DNS >>>>>> DNR
(Dead last is better than did not finish is better than did not start is a heck of a lot better than did not register)

It's all about getting out there, being proud of your accomplishment, and crossing that finish line. Anything better than that is just frosting on the cake, gravy on the potatoes, whatever you fancy.

My favorite quote EVER is by John "The Penguin" Bingham---
"The miracle isn't that I finish. The miracle is that I had the Courage to start."

MCC1

Thank You Steve!

To all who have run BOTH Wine & Dines (2010 and 2011):

How did this race/after party compare to last years?? I heard last years was pretty poor--I thought the 2011 race was great, well organized, and that the afterparty was not jam packed and lots of fun.

MUCH better...all around...nice to know they listened to the runner feedback...

yelena's aunt

Have to agree with earlier posts, this year's Wine and Dine Half was much better than last (the inaugural). Everything was better - even the weather (Disney magic at work?)!

Already looking forward to next year - going to start saving my pennies (and nickles, dimes, quarters and dollars, mostly dollars!).

surfsupdon

Have to agree with earlier posts, this year's Wine and Dine Half was much better than last (the inaugural). Everything was better - even the weather (Disney magic at work?)!

Already looking forward to next year - going to start saving my pennies (and nickles, dimes, quarters and dollars, mostly dollars!).

I'm saving up for it too!!

I'm a sucker for a night race with an afterparty included....ala Wine&Dine and Everest and the defunct Tower of Terror 13K

See you there, cannot wait!!

Alex21

New to Marathons

I have just started to get into marathons and halfs. I haven't always been a big runner, but I am trying to improve it! This wine and dine Disney one sounds like the perfect race for me to do. I found out about it on this site http://www.kyoo.com/disney-world and it brought me here! Check it out for more information on Disney and any current events going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom