Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Texas84

Well, less interest maybe because ToT was (somewhat) new, and expectations for villians and spooky stuff was high. Except for running through the parks, this race is boring, to be honest. Epic party though!

Gabe1124

Well that's depressing. Haha Actually this is mine and my wife's first race so that is one of the things we are really looking forward to is running through the parks. Yeah, can't imagine running on Osceola Parkway could be that fun. Looking forward to the party though for sure!

Gabe1124

Alright, so I have a question about pace and corral placement. How many corrals are there? I know we put down 3 hours for our finish time. We will be doing a run 3 minutes walk 1 minute ratio for the race. I guess I am just wondering if we will be getting in the way of people that are running the whole time? Like I said we will be running the majority of it. Do a lot of people just walk the whole thing? I have read reviews where people of complained about people walking, just trying to figure out what to expect, if we are going to be getting passed a bunch and have people mad at us or if a lot of runners do a ratio of running and walking? Do you think we will be put in the last corral? Basically I'm looking for advice and kind of an overview of how many people walk, run/walk, or run the whole thing? Thanks!

Kristia

Alright, so I have a question about pace and corral placement. How many corrals are there? I know we put down 3 hours for our finish time. We will be doing a run 3 minutes walk 1 minute ratio for the race. I guess I am just wondering if we will be getting in the way of people that are running the whole time? Like I said we will be running the majority of it. Do a lot of people just walk the whole thing? I have read reviews where people of complained about people walking, just trying to figure out what to expect, if we are going to be getting passed a bunch and have people mad at us or if a lot of runners do a ratio of running and walking? Do you think we will be put in the last corral? Basically I'm looking for advice and kind of an overview of how many people walk, run/walk, or run the whole thing? Thanks!
You will be fine! A lot of people do the run/walk strategy. The key is be respectful and try to pull to the side if you are about to walk. Make sure no one is directly behind you when you stop running. The main problem I have had with walkers (and I walk during the race too) is when it is a group that blocks the way by walking 5 people wide and no one else can get through. If it is just you and your wife walking side by side thanthat is fine. The other problem is when walkers lie about their estimated time and get placed in higher corrals. If you estimated 3 hours than you will be in a corral with people whose strategies are similar to yours. Good luck and have fun!

Texas84

I have read reviews where people of complained about people walking, just trying to figure out what to expect, if we are going to be getting passed a bunch and have people mad at us or if a lot of runners do a ratio of running and walking?
You will hear run-walk timers going off everywhere! Don't even worry about it.

Gabe1124

Yeah I know, found it strange that it wasn't on the official website yet. Someone posted the link on the Facebook page so I thought I would pass it along! Really excited!

Runnin'Gator

Bib #1019.

They did the same thing with the Tower of Terror. Fortunately someone was able to find the links for the waivers and corral placements so we knew ahead of time where we were placed. I don't think they got the links up on the RunDisney site until 2, maybe 3 weeks before the race.

Runnin'Gator

We got 8085 and 8799. Corral C for us? There must be more runners than the ToT. We were in B for that.
There were nearly 9,000 finishers for this last year. I think it went up through Corral E. I was looking for corral assignments earlier and couldn't find anything. How did you find out you're in C?

Texas84

There were nearly 9,000 finishers for this last year. I think it went up through Corral E. I was looking for corral assignments earlier and couldn't find anything. How did you find out you're in C?
Wild guess. I'm thinking D now since I was in B last year with 4000-something. I hope we don't have another rush of dishonest times submitted for corral placement like ToT. That's going to be a lot of walkers to get through. :rolleyes:

Runnin'Gator

Wild guess. I'm thinking D now since I was in B last year with 4000-something. I hope we don't have another rush of dishonest times submitted for corral placement like ToT. That's going to be a lot of walkers to get through. :rolleyes:
I'm with you. I'm thinking I'll be in A, but I can definitely deal with B as long as I don't get stuck behind a group of them walking arm-in-arm singing Kumbaya.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom