Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
From what I understand (I was not there Sunday): When corral B closed it became corral E so they had to HOLD all of corral E runners before bib check? I guess it was "a thing" ?

That's interesting. I noticed several A bibs at the end of the B bibs lining up at the starting line.

Rteetz

From what I understand (I was not there Sunday): When corral B closed it became corral E so they had to HOLD all of corral E runners before bib check? I guess it was "a thing" ?
A-D walked around behind the reunion lot stage and loaded into the corral area a different way. E was held in the reunion lot until A-D loaded. Once B cleared like you said E was loaded into there.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I saw you in the corral, but there were too many people between us to say. Hi!

Hope all the other fellow Half runners and Challenge runners had a great/ fun day today!
Those ramps/hills, ugh.
Hate to have missed you! Next time maybe we can put together a little DM thread so those that want to do a meet up can coordinate :)
A lot of people digging the course- I thought it was terrific with a lot of entertainment!

Thank you to @Demarke for helping with the afterparty. We had a great time!!! Gorgeous weather, great vibes, good food, fun rides! Thank you bud!
So glad that you were able to put it to use and had a great time! I made it to Myrtle Beach just in time to check in, take another shower, and make it to see the great Dale Murphy give the conference key note speech 5-6PM Sunday (and was able to get a pic and autograph before taking clients out to a late dinner)! Also - I'm impressed, you got a "Merry Christmas, Don" before the race and a song after!! :D

As for my race reports:

10K - I felt pretty good, but was a little slow, likely due to a full day at the parks and then a complete Olive Garden meal (including cheese sticks app) to myself the night before. Since I was barely able to do 2 miles before a walk break in my September 5K and barely doing 4 miles before a walk break in my mid-October Half, I was hoping to 1) jog the whole 6.2, and 2) finish under an hour. I accomplished the first goal, missed the hour mark by about 15 seconds, probably could have hit it if I was more careful about running efficient tangents. But I did get done just in time to see the fireworks go off for the very last start wave. Also for anyone in B or later, I was the guy at the beginning of the B start waves that they were asking from the stage how tall I was (extending my streak of race weekends with at least one race shout-out-from-the-stage to 3! 😂)

Half- Got my Disney PR for an onsite Half! I rested most of the day after the 10K and ate a bit smarter, so I was just hoping to add to my stamina/mileage before any walk breaks (target was 7-8 miles) and finish under 2:20:00 or 2:25:00. I made it a little past mile marker 8 before taking a quarter mile or so walk break. I wasn't paying close attention to the timer on my watch and just figured I'd go at whatever pace I could on the way in. Just before mile marker 12, I had stopped at a bench to retie my shoes after one had come loose (I couldn't bend all the way down to do it and be confident I could get back up 😁), then turned the bend and saw the timer at Mile 12 said 2:09:45. My initial thought was "If I book it, I should be able to beat my 2:20 target." Then, with about half a mile left, I realized, "Wait, I started about 4 minutes after the clock started, maybe I can beat 2:15!" I ran as best I could the rest of the way and finished about 20 seconds under the 2:15:00 mark (chip time). So, I'm very happy not to have to worry about half marathon proof of times for another two years, haha!

Weather - My word! I don't think we could have asked for better weather! Cool, but not too cold and with a bit of breeze.

Corrals - That was interesting what they did with B/E on the Half day, but I'd say it's better than the alternative of setting up a mile away along the road like they do for Marathon Weekend!

The Assholder - I wore my old Passholder t-shirt that I wore for my first ever Disney half (Star Wars 2019) since I didn't come up with any costume ideas for this weekend. I swear that I didn't intentionally try to recreate the pics from 2019, but in reviewing my post-race "I Did It!" picture, it happened again. Lord only knows how long I was walking around with that ribbon draped just perfectly 😂

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Hate to have missed you! Next time maybe we can put together a little DM thread so those that want to do a meet up can coordinate :)

So glad that you were able to put it to use and had a great time! I made it to Myrtle Beach just in time to check in, take another shower, and make it to see the great Dale Murphy give the conference key note speech 5-6PM Sunday (and was able to get a pic and autograph before taking clients out to a late dinner)! Also - I'm impressed, you got a "Merry Christmas, Don" before the race and a song after!! :D

As for my race reports:

10K - I felt pretty good, but was a little slow, likely due to a full day at the parks and then a complete Olive Garden meal (including cheese sticks app) to myself the night before. Since I was barely able to do 2 miles before a walk break in my September 5K and barely doing 4 miles before a walk break in my mid-October Half, I was hoping to 1) jog the whole 6.2, and 2) finish under an hour. I accomplished the first goal, missed the hour mark by about 15 seconds, probably could have hit it if I was more careful about running efficient tangents. But I did get done just in time to see the fireworks go off for the very last start wave. Also for anyone in B or later, I was the guy at the beginning of the B start waves that they were asking from the stage how tall I was (extending my streak of race weekends with at least one race shout-out-from-the-stage to 3! 😂)

Half- Got my Disney PR for an onsite Half! I rested most of the day after the 10K and ate a bit smarter, so I was just hoping to add to my stamina/mileage before any walk breaks (target was 7-8 miles) and finish under 2:20:00 or 2:25:00. I made it a little past mile marker 8 before taking a quarter mile or so walk break. I wasn't paying close attention to the timer on my watch and just figured I'd go at whatever pace I could on the way in. Just before mile marker 12, I had stopped at a bench to retie my shoes after one had come loose (I couldn't bend all the way down to do it and be confident I could get back up 😁), then turned the bend and saw the timer at Mile 12 said 2:09:45. My initial thought was "If I book it, I should be able to beat my 2:20 target." Then, with about half a mile left, I realized, "Wait, I started about 4 minutes after the clock started, maybe I can beat 2:15!" I ran as best I could the rest of the way and finished about 20 seconds under the 2:15:00 mark (chip time). So, I'm very happy not to have to worry about half marathon proof of times for another two years, haha!

Weather - My word! I don't think we could have asked for better weather! Cool, but not too cold and with a bit of breeze.

Corrals - That was interesting what they did with B/E on the Half day, but I'd say it's better than the alternative of setting up a mile away along the road like they do for Marathon Weekend!

The Assholder - I wore my old Passholder t-shirt that I wore for my first ever Disney half (Star Wars 2019) since I didn't come up with any costume ideas for this weekend. I swear that I didn't intentionally try to recreate the pics from 2019, but in reviewing my post-race "I Did It!" picture, it happened again. Lord only knows how long I was walking around with that ribbon draped just perfectly 😂

View attachment 753537View attachment 753536

The laugh is for the logo modification on the shirt.

Yeah, sooooo glad to not have that 2 mile track to the starting corrals.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
@Demarke
The weather was perfection! Did you like the course?? The out to Blizzard was all downhill so I loved that!!!
Congrats on your Disney PR! That is huge!!! I wish I had mine but I didn’t. As great as I felt, it was just not my fastest.
I liked the course pretty well. I would’ve liked it more if they could’ve incorporated a detour through Animal Kingdom or actually through Blizzard Beach (like they did a few marathons ago); however, for a two park route, I did really enjoy it.

Initially, I was a little leery of them front-loading the park time, but I think that gave everybody a chance to get most of their in-park run photos on a little fresher legs. I agree with you on the downhill portion being well placed and having long straightaways during the second half helped with keeping a steady pace.

I loved jogging by Blizzard Beach in a situation that wasn’t mile 19-20 in a 90 degree heat, “this race will never end” slog, for a change!!

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Anyone else actively checking daily (multiple times) if rD has updated the W&D event page to this years?
And also MW and the summer virtual race?
No, just me?

Going off history, next Tuesday would be 2 weeks before Club rD can start signing up for W&D and is what they've be doing in the past. However, they've also done 1 week and day(s) before too.

Thoughts or Wishes for themes this year?

Surferboy567

Anyone else actively checking daily (multiple times) if rD has updated the W&D event page to this years?
No, just me?

Going off history, next Tuesday would be 2 weeks before Club rD can start signing up for W&D and is what they've be doing in the past. However, they've also done 1 week and day(s) before too.

I’m actually more interested what springtime is gonna do for their anniversary. That may be fun.

LAKid53

Premium Member
No, just me?

My wish on theming? Going back to what the race weekend was about...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom